• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins;Gate |OT| Name Subject to Change

I'm loving the soundtrack to the game. Which is the soundtrack to get? I see lots of different ones on Amazon JP and eBay.
I just looked quickly on my phone, and I think all the eBay ones labeled like "360" should be fine. The game came out first on 360, so it's from the first print of the game. I'm not quite sure what some of the others are. I see the anime OST in a few places as well.

Kattbuss

Finished this yesterday and got the "True" ending. Really great game although I was ready for it to end earlier than it actually did.
Hopefully it was enough of a success for them to localize more if these.

Anyone know of any good VNs for IOS?

jonno394

Started and it's interesting so far but I can already tell I'm not gonna do multiple replays. just gonna find a guide to tell me when and where the different ending flags are and just get each one as it comes then reload an older save just before the flag.

Prelude.

Started and it's interesting so far but I can already tell I'm not gonna do multiple replays. just gonna find a guide to tell me when and where the different ending flags are and just get each one as it comes then reload an older save just before the flag.
You can skip the text until there's something new to read on the following playthroughs.

jonno394

You can skip the text until there's something new to read on the following playthroughs.

Nah cba with that especially as there's clearly a lot of trial and error involved with replying to emails, whether or not you answer the phone etc. And I wager they all impact the endings etc.

A guide telling me when and where the triggers are won't spoil the story and that's what I'm in this for :)

I had to raise voice volume and lower BGM and SE to hear the voices well. The default settings are kind of bad.

Just started chapter 5 and man, it's just getting more and more confusing. I love it

EDIT: There will be another Rice LE in the beginning of July. Game, artbook and shirt of your choice. £39.99
http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/steins-gate-artbook-t-shirt-ps-vita

Aw man, I almost would rather have had the shirt instead of the Upa and pins, since I already had pins from the PC LE. It's still free shipping, too. Ah well, what's done is done. I'll just keep enjoying the VN.

pbayne

I had to raise voice volume and lower BGM and SE to hear the voices well. The default settings are kind of bad.

Just started chapter 5 and man, it's just getting more and more confusing. I love it

EDIT: There will be another Rice LE in the beginning of July. Game, artbook and shirt of your choice. £39.99
http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/steins-gate-artbook-t-shirt-ps-vita

Honestly a bit salty over that edition. Better than the El Psy edition I got-would rather have the t-shirt than the upa plus a tenner less.

MSMrRound

Might be easier to
load Chapter 6 again and do something different this time

Any suggestions if I'm trying to wrap up extra stuff that I missed out on e.g achievement flags etc? Esp the Heroes of RailNet stuff.

Would be better going from Chapter 1->rest? E.g If I'm going for true path, I have to strictly follow the chapter sequence right?

E.g if I'm at a later chapter, and discovered that I missed out 1/5 Heroes of Railnet flag, and had to load back a earlier chapter to get it, once I unlock the flag, can I just save and load up the later chapter? Or do I have to fast forward from the earlier flag to the chapter that I was at in order to make sure the Heroes of RailNet stuff is registered in my system?

Playing a time-traveling visual novel is messing with my head a bit. Going through/reloading and resaving parts of the game makes me feel like I'm kinda using the PhoneWave >.>

Any suggestions if I'm trying to wrap up extra stuff that I missed out on e.g achievement flags etc? Esp the Heroes of RailNet stuff.

Would be better going from Chapter 1->rest? E.g If I'm going for true path, I have to strictly follow the chapter sequence right?

E.g if I'm at a later chapter, and discovered that I missed out 1/5 Heroes of Railnet flag, and had to load back a earlier chapter to get it, once I unlock the flag, can I just save and load up the later chapter? Or do I have to fast forward from the earlier flag to the chapter that I was at in order to make sure the Heroes of RailNet stuff is registered in my system?

Playing a time-traveling visual novel is messing with my head a bit. Going through/reloading and resaving parts of the game makes me feel like I'm kinda using the PhoneWave >.>

I believe the unlockables are permanent across all saves (they're saved in the System Data), so you don't have to find all of them in one playthrough. On the other hand, if you want to get
the true ending
, you'll need to trigger all the necessary flags in one linear playthrough (loading an earlier save effectively undoes what you did since then).

I don't know if I should ask this but, what are the flag you're talking about (to get the true ending)?

I'm only at the very beginning of chapter 2 but it seems the only missable stuff are related to the text you can receive, so if I reply to all I can't miss something (?) Or maybe there are more than one way to respond to a text (didn't really try to see what happens if i select a different word in blue to reply).

Maybe I should simply not care about all of this for my first playthrough x)

I don't know if I should ask this but, what are the flag you're talking about (to get the true ending)?

I'm only at the very beginning of chapter 2 but it seems the only missable stuff are related to the text you can receive, so if I reply to all I can't miss something (?) Or maybe there are more than one way to respond to a text (didn't really try to see what happens if i select a different word in blue to reply).

Maybe I should simply not care about all of this for my first playthrough x)

Yeah, really don't worry about it for your first playthrough. The flags involve how you respond to certain mails, which determines which ending you ultimately get. These don't start until around
Chapter 4
though, and some of the endings don't rely on these flags but rather on a single decision.

Yeah, really don't worry about it for your first playthrough. The flags involve how you respond to certain mails, which determines which ending you ultimately get. These don't start until around
Chapter 4
though, and some of the endings don't rely on these flags but rather on a single decision.

Thanks, I'll keep myself away from all this flag stuff from now then.
I hope I won't have some kind of bad ending though :p

LiK

Rice LE arrived!

Thanks, I'll keep myself away from all this flag stuff from now then.
I hope I won't have some kind of bad ending though :p

Anything not the True Endingg is considered "bad". But don't miss out on them. They're not just endings. They're pretty great.

Still in Chapter 1 am I'm loving it. I watched the anime a few months ago and am enjoying this so much better. Kind of wish I got the vita version so I could play it on my lunch break. Haha

kirby2096

Still in Chapter 1 am I'm loving it. I watched the anime a few months ago and am enjoying this so much better. Kind of wish I got the vita version so I could play it on my lunch break. Haha
I would be playing it too but my Vita copy got Zavvi'd. WTB PS3-Vita cross save compatibility.

If you've ever imported artbooks or figures you get used to it.
Yeah I haven't in a while so I forgot how terrible this is. I don't mind the wait so much as I hate not knowing where it is.
For me, it's the first time in four years, not to mention it's not going to my adress, customs will most likely charge import fees and I'll have to wait for the post office paper before I can pick it up.
Wow...that blows :(
Is there still no word on NA release?
Nothin'

RedSwirl

Whenever I get around to it I wan to grab the boxed PC version from JAST or somewhere, though I thought it was on its way to Steam.

However, a part of me wants to wait for the English iOS version. So far the only visual novels I've played outside P4 Arena have been on portable systems like the DS (Hotel Dusk, 999), and now that just makes more sense to me. When you think about it it's one step removed from an eBook and there's no advantage to playing a VN on high-end hardware unless the art is really high-resolution or something.

Buy on PC and have a nice box (and the satisfaction of having it DRM-free)? Or wait for iOS and have it on my phone (6 Plus) everywhere I go like all my other books?

AHHHHHHHHHHHH IT'S FINALLY FREAKING HERE.
L4TxxU1.jpg

LiK

Play on Vita. My first time was on PC and reading a game at the PC was unbearable after long stretches. PS3 experience is probably similar. Vita is better.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Play on Vita. My first time was on PC and reading a game at the PC was unbearable after long stretches. PS3 experience is probably similar. Vita is better.

Having played tons on PC before I think this post is silly. :p Especially since there are tons of VNs that are only on it so it's just better to go where you're comfy when you have the choice.

FDC1

Little question, I just began the game, I'm very early in the chapter 1. are all the red words supposed to be added in the tips section? I got one, "braun tube", which hasn't been added (I tried twice).

I'm trying so hard not to read any of the comments about the game or anything, but I keep checking to see if there's any news of the NA release.

God dammit SCEA, let's go!

Audioboxer

Onto chapter 4. Breaking up playing it, as unlike Danganronpa which has some gameplay sections it can be a little bit of a slog just reading.

However the story is fantastic! Thoroughly enjoying it.

My GAME LE arrived. It's very nice and heavy. Feels premium. I expected it to be shipped in a cheap bubblewrap envelope but it actually came very well packed in a relatively big cardboard box. It also was sent from UK to the Netherlands and from there to Germany, which explains why it took 10 days.

I'm in the middle of chapter 6 in my other copy and there is soo much stuff I want to talk about but I also don't want to spoil myself or others. I need to read faster and finish it!

Hmm, that was weird.

I loaded up my save from last night to continue from where I left off and the phone is going off yet there's no sign of a call on the phone or mention of it in the clock section.

I don't think the phone is supposed to be going off at all at this point.

It fixes itself after the scene but still.

EDIT: Just skimmed through a previous save to reach the same scene. Appears to just be a bug with my save from last night. How strange

Little question, I just began the game, I'm very early in the chapter 1. are all the red words supposed to be added in the tips section? I got one, "braun tube", which hasn't been added (I tried twice).
Yeah, this is actually a bug. Don't worry though, it does get added later on.

Top Bottom