• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins;Gate |OT| Name Subject to Change

Finally got my Vita copy. It's a port of the PS3 version. Works fine on my PlayStation TV. Can't say more now, the Organization's agents are everywhere. El. Psy. Congroo.

StereoVsn

Having played tons on PC before I think this post is silly. :p Especially since there are tons of VNs that are only on it so it's just better to go where you're comfy when you have the choice.

Yeah, it's certain a weird stand to take. Especially if you consider that PCs can take all kinds of shape. I've played Steins;Gate PC just fine on a tablet, for example, and I've played couple others just fine on desktop PC and a laptop.

I just want a vita version just because but PC is certainly a fine way to play the game.

Yeah, it's certain a weird stand to take. Especially if you consider that PCs can take all kinds of shape. I've played Steins;Gate PC just fine on a tablet, for example, and I've played couple others just fine on desktop PC and a laptop.

I just want a vita version just because but PC is certainly a fine way to play the game.
Personally I would never want to play a VN on a Desktop. A tablet or small laptop might be okay. But really when I've got a VN, I want to be able to curl up in a chair or a couch like with a real book.

LiK

So if you saw (and loved) the Anime...is there any reason to play this outside of multiple endings?

the game has more info and setup that the anime glosses over. you will see scenes that are missing in the anime. like going from the Harrry Potter books to the movies, imo

Only a few hours in, just finished
Kurisu's lecture
. The story is interesting.
I love the art but Mayuri's eyebrows bother me lol.

Edit: OK, reading those forum threads is cracking me up, I love how accurate they are in reflecting real message board conversations, the
"can you have selfcest?"
line actually made me burst out laughing.

Do you know how long the Plat ended up taking you?

According to the clear list, 67 hours and 49 minutes (that's spaced out from last Friday till today.)

Glancing at my trophies,
I cleared one chapter a day till Monday. Then 2 chapters on Monday and Tuesday, 1 on Wednesday and 3 on Thursday. Spent the rest of Thursday and Friday getting 4 endings and other trophies I had missed then did true end.

I finally got my last two trophies today for the platinum.

MSMrRound

CHZS-t6VEAAc9L9.jpg

Mainly playing while traveling to work and back. Was great going into it blind. Some of the twists really made me feel.
esp that letter part

Damn, the more I play the more I remember stuff from the anime :/ I'm totally enjoying this though but unfortunately there are some twist I already know...

So I think I got my first ending :

Faris ending I suppose. Where everyone don't know Okabe, and SERN will still rule the world.

I d-mailed Suzuha so that she goes back to 1975 and I saved Faris's dad

The world divergence went from 0.41% to .27%. No time machine, nothing.

yadungoofed.jpg

Man, what a depressing route. Between Suzuha's heart-wrentching last letter, and that ending.

Let's do it again.

finished today, platinum trophy.

it was a good VN, the best on PS Vita for me, that wont say much, but its a good beginning :D

this is my third VN that i finished this year after Umineko and Remember 11, it lacks the perfect pacing of R11 and while the ost is great, it has only a few tracks on the level of the other two in my opinion.

the tension is not up there either, but when i compare it to other recent VNs like Danganronpa, Steins has a lot more tension an atmosphere, compared to VLR too. And most important, most of the characters are memorable and have good development!

i loved this track right from the first time i heard it!!! More of them and the OST would have been amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1XI8C2PDhc

and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rYI2eG3DuQ

I got the second ending
by not sending a D mail to Suzuha...so I got into the Groundhog Day ending...and where Okabe's going back to 1975 with Suzuha.

That was pretty dark. I hope there is a good ending, like Matsuribayashi-hen for Higurashi. My poor heart wouldn't withstand it if it isn't the case ;_;

Sho Nuff

Banned
Has anyone had any luck in buying this game digitally who doesn't live in the UK? I'm wondering if I'm going to need a second memory card to do so.

Oh I didn't get the true ending yet but I realized something
Spoiler for the whole game I guess :
from the first chapter...I think Suzuha's the one who killed Kirisu o_O

It's beautiful. The anime nailed it, but the VN did it even better.

Also, the film that comes after the anime really adds to it.

Really? That's good to know. Think I'll pick it up on bluray. Thanks.

Also, can anyone help? I've got one trophy left and I don't know what I'm missing. It's the songs of chaos one. I have the following songs from these emails:
1) Chapter 2: responsed 2000 to original sin level
2) chapter 3: responded phantasm then chaos to phantasm is the cats meow
3) chapter 5: responded collapse to ComiMa.

I'm at 75%. Can anyone point me in the direction of the fourth? Thanks :)

Spoilers for Chapter 8/9 I guess

MISTER BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUN

OF COURSE HE WAS ON IT

FERDINAND BROWN OF COURSE

NAE TENNOUJI WTF HAAAAAA

I'M LOSING MY MIND HERE

mind_blown.gif

rrc2soft

Finished the game, it has been a nice ride. Reminds me of my experience with 999, where every ounce of free time I had was used to play (read) the game. Boy, I love this genre when good stories are told. Even more if
time travel
is involved :-D.

PS: It was interesting to discover clues/foreshadowing stuff here and there when playing the game from beginning to end in order to get the "true ending" :).

Got my first ending after 20 hours
Paradox Meltdown - Kurisu
Really didn't like it that much since I didn't really feel attached to her at all and she's way too tsundere for my liking :p It also just didn't really fit with Rintaros character. I'll play around with it tomorrw and see what I can change to get something else. Already tried to change some very late game things but they didn't do aynthing so far. I'll try to get as far as I can without looking up a guide. I just really hope that the true ending ties up all of the loose ends

So, if I load the 4th chapter in order to explore the other routes, I should still get the true ending right ? As the true ending flags should happen on the 4th chapter and onwards.

Really? That's good to know. Think I'll pick it up on bluray. Thanks.

Also, can anyone help? I've got one trophy left and I don't know what I'm missing. It's the songs of chaos one. I have the following songs from these emails:
1) Chapter 2: responsed 2000 to original sin level
2) chapter 3: responded phantasm then chaos to phantasm is the cats meow
3) chapter 5: responded collapse to ComiMa.

I'm at 75%. Can anyone point me in the direction of the fourth? Thanks :)

There's two songs in one attachment.

Hi everyone , subscribed

Nice OT name Btw ,

Already have the PC version , finished this game god know how many times... but i kinda want to get the PS3 version ( Y/N ) ?

Walpurgis

Banned
I watched the anime a few years ago but haven't seen the movie. I kind of know some of the twists (
part-time warrior, FB girl and the fat guy
). I plan to get this when the price drops but is there a lot in the story that I don't know? Does the VN cover the movie?

I watched the anime a few years ago but haven't seen the movie. I kind of know some of the twists (
part-time warrior, FB girl and the fat guy
). I plan to get this when the price drops but is there a lot in the story that I don't know? Does the VN cover the movie?
The anime covers the "true ending," so you've seen that part, but you haven't seen all the other endings, and the story goes a bit more indepth.

MSMrRound

Spoilers for Chapter 8/9 I guess

mind_blown.gif

Yea chapter 9 was the shit.

Chapter 5/6 got me tearing cuz of
Suzu's letter
then chapter 9 had to drop that bomb.

When I got to that point in chpt 9 I pretty much put down my Vita and pranced around the room shouting "WHAT!? WHAT!? WHAAAAT!?"

Happened to watch Interstellar on the day I started playing this. It was funny because I had spend the day reading through the game's glossary to get a better understanding of the concepts being thrown around and then the movie tackled some of those things, albeit in a different way and in a different context.

TheChaos0

Just started playing it yesterday. The story is pretty intriguing. I was holding off watching the anime so that I could play the VN first. It's paying off.

I feel like at some point, it's going to suck me in and I won't be able to put it down until I finish it. Just like what happened when I played 999.

Top Bottom