• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins;Gate |OT| Name Subject to Change

jonno394

Got two endings so far. Really enjoying this title. Making me want to rewatch the anime even though it'll just regurgitate everything I'm experiencing now.

gonna have to replay the whole thing with R held down to get the
mayuri
ending as I'm trying to get the true ending and that one is really the polar opposite of requirements for the true one.

With the way the Vita handles regional accounts, no way. If this publisher isn't competent enough to get the game out in NA, they don't need my support. I already own the JAST version anyway.

There is nothing regional about the version. You can play it on any Vita on any account without issues. The only problem would be DLC but there is none.

There is nothing regional about the version. You can play it on any Vita on any account without issues. The only problem would be DLC but there is none.

You have to use a different card for different PSN accounts on the Vita if you buy the digital version of the game. It's an enormous hassle.

Got two endings so far. Really enjoying this title. Making me want to rewatch the anime even though it'll just regurgitate everything I'm experiencing now.

gonna have to replay the whole thing with R held down to get the
mayuri
ending as I'm trying to get the true ending and that one is really the polar opposite of requirements for the true one.

You can use the Start button to skip until you reach unread parts or until you need to answer a phone call or email. Just check in the settings that the Skip Mode is set to Already read only.

Yay I am on the true ending route !

I was scared though because it looked like the Kirisu ending...until the credits.

Wait ? Suzuha ? What is she doing here ?

Also, WORLD WAR THREE ?

AW COME ON.
257.gif

Edit :
TITLE DROOOOOOOOOP

STEINS GATE

With the way the Vita handles regional accounts, no way. If this publisher isn't competent enough to get the game out in NA, they don't need my support. I already own the JAST version anyway.
Why do you need a regional account? Import the cart. No one "imports" digital games...

Audioboxer

Game just ended for me. Gotta say didn't expect it to end where it did, a little disappointed. I've just noticed there are multiple endings though.

Shizuka

There is no DLC and the Vita is region-free, why not import a UK copy?

Jucksalbe

Banned
How do you unlock the very last entry in the CG Library? It's the only thing I'm missing for the platinum.

Edit: Nevermind, got it.

I fell off the bike on this. I'm gonna start playing it again now. I last played it on a train ride, and then someone sat next to me and I didn't want to play Project Diva F 2nd so I kept playing Steins;Gate, because I didn't think I'd be judged too hard...

Prelude.

I fell off the bike on this. I'm gonna start playing it again now. I last played it on a train ride, and then someone sat next to me and I didn't want to play Project Diva F 2nd so I kept playing Steins;Gate, because I didn't think I'd be judged too hard...
Headphones jack gets accidentally unplugged,
"TUTTURUUU MAYUSHI DEEESU"

I'm still in the first chapter but holy shit are some of these conversations redundant like the one in the cafe. The exorcism was also pretty bad....

Firestar

I'm still in the first chapter but holy shit are some of these conversations redundant like the one in the cafe. The exorcism was also pretty bad....

I don't see those as redundant at all. It's introducing the characters essentially. In this case, Faris and Luka.

I don't see those as redundant at all. It's introducing the characters essentially. In this case, Faris and Luka.

The introduction is not redundant, but the amount of text is. It's literally 'look how wacky they are omg' and the game wastes a lot of text just to make that clear when it was obvious right from the get go.

So I'm missing only 2 endings

True and what I'm guessing is Moeka's. Is there any chance to find out what choices to make to get them myself or should I just check a guide? I don't really have any idea what to do so far since I haven't found anything that seems meaningful enough to change the outcome, except for maybe 2-3 scenes but even there I'm not sure.

So I'm missing only 2 endings

True and what I'm guessing is Moeka's. Is there any chance to find out what choices to make to get them myself or should I just check a guide? I don't really have any idea what to do so far since I haven't found anything that seems meaningful enough to change the outcome, except for maybe 2-3 scenes but even there I'm not sure.
Yeah, it's a good idea to check a guide for the true ending, unless you think you can figure out the correct message responses yourself.
Moeka doesn't have an ending, you're probably missing the Kurisu ending, which involves one of the true ending flags

Yeah, it's a good idea to check a guide for the true ending, unless you think you can figure out the correct message responses yourself.
Moeka doesn't have an ending, you're probably missing the Kurisu ending, which involves one of the true ending flags

Hmm no I have the Kurisu ending. Thanks, I'll look around a bit.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Too bad I'll probably end up skipping this altogether. P Qube done fucked up with the NA release date. I already spent all my yearly budget on the Steam sale and Canadian E3 promo.

Oh, in that case you got the first True ending flag. You're probably missing the Mayuri end, then.

I looked up the true ending flags and it seems impossible to figure them out on your own. I must have gotten one by accident. So yeah I'll just follow the guide after I got the Mayuri end. Thanks.

bobohoro

Hm, my amazon.co.uk-order still has no real estimate for delivery.
I'll give them until middle of next week before I get it somewhere else, I guess, I wanna plaaaaay.

Plasma

Banned
So I just finished the first chapter and I'm starting to get into the story it seems interesting though I could perhaps do without maids wearing cat ears. I'd never heard of John Titor before playing this and it's been super interesting reading up about him.

So I just finished the first chapter and I'm starting to get into the story it seems interesting though I could perhaps do without maids wearing cat ears. I'd never heard of John Titor before playing this and it's been super interesting reading up about him.
So you're in the "maids without cat ears" camp?

I kid
, maybe

saunderez

As someone who was really into John Titor back in the day it instantly sold the story for me.

You have to use a different card for different PSN accounts on the Vita if you buy the digital version of the game. It's an enormous hassle.

The digital version is almost literally twice the price of a physical copy. There's zero reason to set up a Euro PSN account to download this unless you absolutely despise plastic. Just import and enjoy the region free goodness~

Got the platinum after almost exactly 30 hours playtime. I have mixed feelings regarding some things, but for now I'll say it was well worth the money.

Great art, great characters and some incredible scenes. I really hope there will be more like this in the future.

Etria

I just got one of the endings (first time playing), taking around 15 and a half hours:
Irreversible ReBOOT.
This one involved Suzuha. I was kind of surprised at the sudden ending because for some reason I thought there were more chapters to go past 6. It was also nice to confirm that Daru was her father, and that she was posting under the moniker 'John Titor' because of the way she acted in the earlier chapters. But some things still haven't been cleared up like them trying to reach the beta attractor field from the alpha one and that taking the backseat to Mayuri's death and the Rounders coming to silence them. I felt like I missed some crucial moment in the game where I was meant to make an obvious choice, like someone mentioned in this thread.

Another thing I was wondering about was whether there were choices for what text message I would send to other characters. Were it the underlined blue font? I just randomly replied to texts without thinking about which one I was picking because I thought they were insignficant, but in hindsight, this seems like it was not the way to go?

Edit: Moreover, since at the beginning, Okarin witnessed Kurisu's death in another worldline, does that mean that if they had succeeded in travelling to a worldline with a divergence of >1 in order to prevent Mayuri's impending death, then wouldn't they have ended up in the same worldline before Okarin sent the message to Daru about Kurisu's stabbing, i.e. Kurisu would have been dead? Then wouldn't Okarin try to alter the past again with D-Mail, but been unable to upgrade the PhoneWave with the ability to time leap since Kurisu was mainly the one who completed it? Just quite a lot of what ifs that didn't get resolved in my playthrough. Hopefully the true ending clears it up.

Top Bottom