• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins;Gate |OT| Name Subject to Change

I thought that was intended, as in to showcase that she was speaking scientific Greek. Reinforced by the fact that Daru then tells her to repeat it "in Japanese".

Nah, they're supposed to be exponents. Must be some sort of Unicode conversion error, I'd imagine

Li Kao

Mmh, I received my first email in the game and as I was not sure if I had missed a phone call or not I reloaded, but since then the game won't send me the mail again. What is this devilry ?

Edit. Received some screens later, I don't really understand what really flags the mail, but hey...
What a wonderful game, there is definitely more humor than I expected and I love the characters so far. Can't wait to meet more of them.

I finished it.
True ending.
Hrrrrnnnngggg
Too many feels packed into one amazing finale.

So all thats left is that last CG scene at the end of the list.
Is there a special requirement?

Finished it last night with Suzuha's ending. Wow, that was a hell of a thing. Now I'm going to spend the whole day at work thinking about what I could have done differently to get a different story, where things change, etc.

I finished it.
True ending.
Hrrrrnnnngggg
Too many feels packed into one amazing finale.

So all thats left is that last CG scene at the end of the list.
Is there a special requirement?

If you got all of the CG and are missing the last one,
check your inbox for an unread message at the bottom of it and open the message and the attachment.

Finished it last night with Suzuha's ending. Wow, that was a hell of a thing. Now I'm going to spend the whole day at work thinking about what I could have done differently to get a different story, where things change, etc.

for that ending to not happen you need to not hesitate on sending the d-mail

If you got all of the CG and are missing the last one,
check your inbox for an unread message at the bottom of it and open the message and the attachment.

Thanks!
That attachment really is the cherry on top of the amazing True Ending.

I'm kinda sad it's over now though, one of the best VNs I've ever read.

OMG Aero

I got my first ending earlier today, the
Faris
one, and man that was
a fucking bummer.
Okabe manages to save Mayuri, Faris' dad, and maybe the world since not inventing the Phonewave (name subject to change) probably derails SERN's research or at least delays it but loses literally everything in the process. Going by his phone it's not even a case of just having different friends in this worldline, he has no-one but Faris and that's a bummer too because Faris lost her Okabe.

I've actually gone back to playing it now.

I feel it is starting to get somewhere now
Okarin just sent the LOTO SIX numbers to the past and is just freaking out about it

Visual novels are slow. It is just sometimes it takes awhile to get into it if you aren't up for it.

Ive discovered steins gates one flaw.
You can only experience it fresh once.

So im now letting friends play it to get their impressions.

That said, is there any seller that still has the LE ps3 version in stock? The one with the pins.Or is there at least the chance that the NA version will get the same LE?

I have a fear NA will just get a digital only release or barebones physical at best.

That said, is there any seller that still has the LE ps3 version in stock? The one with the pins.Or is there at least the chance that the NA version will get the same LE?

I have a fear NA will just get a digital only release or barebones physical at best.

The LE with the pins and Metal Upa was rice exclusive and has been sold out for a while. And we still don't know anything about the US release, but since the LE intentionally had free worldwide shipping, I doubt there will be another one.

Scavenger

You can get the same pins separately from TOM.

Prelude.

No, NA is getting a physical release, I wouldn't worry about availability.

wq6Mu7d.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Imagine if we got a date for S;G & then SURPRISE S;G 0 is also confirmed for US. & totally expecting this to get some sort of announcement (date, LE, etc.) at Anime Expo.

Hubb

You all could have the game right now, and cheaper than the US release. I really have no sympathy

Well that is why I said it kind of sarcastically. Even if it came out today I wouldn't play it right away (though I would buy day 1 if it was physical).

Was there was a way to get it below $40? I'm hoping against hope that Best Buy gets a few copies.

Well that is why I said it kind of sarcastically. Even if it came out today I wouldn't play it right away (though I would buy day 1 if it was physical).

Was there was a way to get it below $40? I'm hoping against hope that Best Buy gets a few copies.

I wasn't targetting you specifically, but everyone who is so annoyed that the game isn't out yet. Buying from amazon.co.uk was quite a bit cheaper than $40 but I don't know how much exactly anymore.

I'm in Spain right now and then off to Belgium and The Netherlands next week. I could pick this up, but giving it a few more days in case there is an NA announcement...

Prelude.

This is pure guesswork at this point, it really isn't an issue at all imo
It's not that big of a deal, I'm just talking about the possibily of having a pre-patched copy. If they'll end up publishing NA copies and not just sell the EU ones.

I'm in Spain right now and then off to Belgium and The Netherlands next week. I could pick this up, but giving it a few more days in case there is an NA announcement...
They'll announce it at Anime Expo, at this point it's basically certain. They will be there.

Etria

I ordered my copy from nzgameshop, and they do cheap worldwide delivery (NZ$3 iirc), and the total seems to come under US$40 if you're still keen. Not sure about other places but worth checking the usual UK shops as well.

http://www.nzgameshop.com/playstation-vita-games/steins-gate-ps-vita-game

You all could have the game right now, and cheaper than the US release. I really have no sympathy

Unless those sites can accept Best Buy, GameStop, or Amazon credit, there are perfectly legitimate reasons to wait for the US release, and to be annoyed at the delays.

Just got my fourth ending (Stardust Sky).
Wow, that was depressing. I almost completely lost it when that final text from Kurisu came. Suzuha's ending was bittersweet, and Faris' and Luka's endings were really depressing, but Mayuri's just took the cake. Still, this is probably the best VN I've ever read.

Unless those sites can accept Best Buy, GameStop, or Amazon credit, there are perfectly legitimate reasons to wait for the US release, and to be annoyed at the delays.

Just got my fourth ending (Stardust Sky).
Wow, that was depressing. I almost completely lost it when that final text from Kurisu came. Suzuha's ending was bittersweet, and Faris' and Luka's endings were really depressing, but Mayuri's just took the cake. Still, this is probably the best VN I've ever read.

Is the Faris ending really that depressing though? As
both Mayuri and Daru frequent the store Okabe's girlfriend owns so he'll more than likely strike up a friendship with them, the only friend missing is Kurisu and no one dies.

both Mayuri and Daru frequent the store Okabe's girlfriend owns so he'll more than likely strike up a friendship with them, the only friend missing is Kurisu and no one dies.

Yeah, but
considering that the Divergence Meter is in that time, something terrible very likely happens in the future.

It's not as bad as Luka's and Mayuri's, but it's still pretty bad. Not only is he in a new life he knows basically nothing about, he has no way to escape it if he comes to the conclusion it was a mistake. But I suppose there are far worse things out there than dating Faris.

Finished it. Every ending. Every trophy. (2 plats in 5 days. Go me. I should blitz through The Wolf Among Us for the third time and make it 3. Maybe TWD for 4.)

That. That was a hell of a story. Best VN on the Vita, no doubt. Going in blind was the best possible thing I could have done. Went in expecting a basic time travel story, you go to the future, see how buggered it is, save it. Chrono Trigger but so much more anime. Instead I got that. A game with minimal gameplay but a rather well done way of demonstrating the butterfly effect in what gameplay it has. True ending is best ending. All of the feels. One question though:
Suzuha said that the Steins Gate timeline ended on -0.whatever% but instead this timeline was 1.something%. Is this our sequel hook for Steins;Gate 0?

Now I'm done though, I can finally play Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition. A somewhat relevant game given that
in that game you go one way only to spend the other half going back on yourself as a different character.

Okay, you don't go back as a different character in S;G, but a bit more of a reformed one.

There is one thing I need though. What is tip #114? That's the only thing I don't have somehow.

Shizuka

I pre-ordered the Vita limited edition at GAME and the game hasn't arrived yet, that's not true for quite a few countries.

The pain is even more unbearable due to the fact that I got no tracking code and I have no idea where it is right now.

Top Bottom