• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steins;Gate |OT| Name Subject to Change

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, I think that's like a week or two before Danganronpa AE's release. At the very least we actually have a release date now.

LiK

Annoying we have to import the NA LE, but I'm gonna grab the PS3 one this time. Gonna support the NA release.

My credit/debit card companies don't seem to like Rice Digital, everything gets denied.

My CC thought it was fraud when I imported the UK version months back but I called my CC company and everything was fine. But yea, it's annoying.

My credit/debit card companies don't seem to like Rice Digital, everything gets denied.

My CC thought it was fraud when I imported the UK version months back but I called my CC company and everything was fine. But yea, it's annoying.

My CC even blocked game.co.uk when I bought Steins;Gate from them. Sounds like the organization is behind it.

But yeah, calling them usually fixes these things.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bah, we gotta IMPORT the US LE if we live in the US? Yeah, considering how extremely limited my budget is now, I'll just stick with the game itself.

Bittercup

Finished the game with all endings and absolutely loved it.
Chapter 8 was so sad. I had to take a break afterwards. In general there were several scenes that made me really cry. But a lot of funny and cute scenes as well. What an amazing game.
Now if only I could switch world lines to experience it fresh again without my current memories.

Why is "importing" such a big deal when it's with free shipping? As far as I know you don't have to pay customs at that price either.

Firestar

I'm guessing it saves them money.

Well yeah, I'm sure it saves them money. From Rice's perspective, this is no doubt great for them. This seems like a stupid decision more on PQubes part though. Anyone that would've imported the UK version probably already did it, and the rest would've been waiting so they don't have to import. This is basically just a second round of the UK version that you have to wait 2 months for as far as I can tell.

Why is "importing" such a big deal when it's with free shipping? As far as I know you don't have to pay customs at that price either.

Importing isn't really that big of a deal, and I did import the UK version already. Still though, ordering from somewhere domestically with tracking and paying with your own currency is far nicer. I'm more just questioning their decision to do this.

I'll probably get the regular edition off amazon if it goes up just to support the NA release.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The waiting. No tracking. Unable to use credit from Amazon or GameStop or make use of Best Buy's GCU for discounts. The fear of something happening to it while making it to the US, like getting lost. The fear of another port strike DO YOU REMEMBER HOW LONG THAT LASTED & DELAYED SHIPMENTS, WHAT IF SOMETHING LIKE THAT HAPPENS AGAIN?!?
Okay maybe not that last one...

Granted, free shipping is nice of them. But the contents just don't warrant double the price for me, especially with my tight budget.

Prelude.

That's waaay to far away. In August I already have Amnesia and other stuff to buy so I guess I'll have to skip this one unless I miss out on the physical release of Amnesia, in that case I'll pick up Steins Gate.
Amnesia is digital only, Norn9 and Code: Realize are physical. Also, ew, don't skip S;G for Amnesia.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
That's waaay to far away. In August I already have Amnesia and other stuff to buy so I guess I'll have to skip this one unless I miss out on the physical release of Amnesia, in that case I'll pick up Steins Gate.

e6ve0Ikl.jpg

Amnesia is digital only, Norn9 and Code: Realize are physical. Also, ew, don't skip S;G for Amnesia.

Idea Factory was teasing a limited physical release for Amnesia last week on their email newsletter. S;G is more expensive and I can find it without trouble while Amnesia will be rare if Idea Factory is indeed making a limited physical release.

Then just do like I did and order the European version. They work on US consoles.

There also will be another El Psy Kongroo Edition which includes the ESRB version of the game. Still exclusive to rice but free WW shipping.

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/store/steins-gate-el-psy-kongroo-edition-us-version-ps-vita

I'm considering buy the PS3 edition. I liked the game enough (so far, still chapter 8, doubt I won't stop liking it) and I missed out the first time because I didn't know.

Also, didn't S;G get an NA PC release? I'm just curious as to why that never turn up on Steam or any of the other digital PC stores.

zakujanai

Finished the game with all endings and absolutely loved it.
Chapter 8 was so sad. I had to take a break afterwards. In general there were several scenes that made me really cry. But a lot of funny and cute scenes as well. What an amazing game.
Now if only I could switch world lines to experience it fresh again without my current memories.

Chapter 8 is actually boring the hell out of me, so tired of playing a dating sim.

Wait, you're playing Hiyoku Renri no Darling, the dating sim spin-off of Steins;Gate?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as a dating sim, is in fact, a bishōjo game, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, a gal game.

TheChaos0

And chapter 10 is done. Looks like I need yo start over for another ending and True end.

I hope the last 2 endings will pick up some steam, the story in general crawled to a halt. We lept through time, cried a bit and erased people's futures. Some tiny hits were dropped here and there and then we end with Mayu's ending. I assume this is the timeline where WW3 happens, quite a short term happiness.

There are clearly things that happened prior to the start of the game. Kirusu's murder that feels like Okabe's doing. Suzuha's timemachine at the start. Flashbacks. Is there any meaning in stardust shake, or is it just a fetish. I feel like it's unlikely. Okabe's fever and his special ability. How can we get to a timeline, where everyone are happy? Let's see how it plays out.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as a dating sim, is in fact, a bishōjo game, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, a gal game.
Oh, so it's more meant towards girls? Huh, never knew that. I just figured since it was about Okabe & most of the females, it was a rom-com dating sim. My bad.

Oh, so it's more meant towards girls? Huh, never knew that. I just figured since it was about Okabe & most of the females, it was a rom-com dating sim. My bad.

Nah, I was spoofing a Richard Stallman copypasta. But it's technically not a dating sim because there are no simulation elements. And otome games are the ones that are targeted towards girls. Bishōjo games are targeted towards guys (because they contain bishōjo)

OMG Aero

I've only got two more endings to get so in anticipation of of getting withdrawal symptoms when I'm finally done with the game I just ordered the anime series from Amazon.
Is the anime dub any good or should I just watch it with subtitles?

Just placed an order for the EPK edition on PS3. I'm really thankful that Rice Digital was able to resupply their exclusive for North American fans after having missed out on the PAL copy earlier in the summer. August can't arrive soon enough and this adventure will probably serve as my "swan song" for the system in terms of new releases.

25th of August? God damn that's stupid, waiting til the end of summer for most =/

That's practically forcing me to import it now, should have just done that from the start.

Curious to see how PQube will handle distribution for this in America. They've never released anything there before by themselves and certainly don't have the means to do so. Bandai Namco's US branch have previously published their stuff (poorly) like WRC, MotoGP and Ride, so maybe they'll sort something out with them again?

zakujanai

You're not and you never did, clearly.

I am and I have, but thanks for being so patronising.

Edit for clarity: I'm just giving my impressions, I'm not saying other people shouldn't like the game. In between the bits where
I'm making each girl in turn fall in love with me
, it's quite enjoyable.

Top Bottom