• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stick it to the man |OT| My mind has a hand of its own

Tizoc

AHuClEP.jpg

Platform: Playstation 3, Nintendo Wii U, Playstation 4 & PS Vita
Genre: Adventure
Size: 1 GB for PS3 ver., 1 GB for Vita ver.
Price: $12.99/£9.99 PS3 and Vita ver. are cross-buy
Official website: http://www.stickitgame.com/

Story
Ray’s life takes a turn for the bizarre when he wakes up one day with a giant pink arm sticking out of his head. The pink arm grants Ray the ability to read minds as well as manipulate objects around him. However there are others that are after his unique ability and will stop at nothing to get it from him.

Introduction
‘Stick it to the man’ is an Adventure game by Zoink! Studios from Sweden, and published by Ripstone for PS3 and PS Vita. The Vita ver. is scheduled to be released in December, but purchasing the PS3 ver. will get you the Vita ver. in December.

Gameplay
In the game, players control Ray and use the pink arm to solve puzzles by pulling out ‘stickers’ and placing them in different locations or to use on characters to help him advance through the game. Ray can find certain stickers by reading people’s minds with the pink arm which can make an object appear in a thought bubble that he can use to solve puzzles. He can also use to it reach higher ledges or platforms above him, or to rip open doors or backgrounds to reveal rooms to help with progressing through an area, or to just listen to NPCs.

The game features the writing talents of Ryan North of Dinosaur Comics & the Adventure Time comic book series.
Ty Konzak provides the voice of Ray and a dozen other characters.

Media
Announcement trailer
Some Vita footage
PS3 gameplay footage

Reviews
IGN review
Nowgamer review
VGBlogger review
Punk & Lizard 9/10
PSU.com review 8.5/10
Gamespot 7/10
OPM UK 9/10
My review

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Here's another review

I captured about 12 minutes of footage from the early parts of the game that's embedded in the review as well. Loved the game.

Tizoc

Updated first post with the reviews and I'm glad to see they are positive =)

Hope the reviews will encourage more PS3 owners to get it.

My google fu's rather weak sadly, but I'm trying to find confirmation of the Vita ver. being YOPO so that Vita owners could grab it soon of PSN.

Looking forward to playing this next week.

Tizoc

Love the Psychonauts like art. I wish I had a PS3/Vita, looks cool. Thanks for the OT.

Well if you're in the US, Black Friday's soon so you should be able to get a Vita for cheap ;)
I have a feeling it'll be on Steam/PC in the near future though...

V_Ben

Banned
Whoa, an offical thread! Thank you so much guys, I'm sure the team will be thrilled!

(PR Intern For Ripstone Games, good morning all!)

Edit: Just seen the reviews, thanks so much guys! Tweeted them out from the official account, let me know if anybody else reviews the game!

Drinkel

Woah those are some positive reviews!
Found a gamespot review
edit: beaten

My google fu's rather weak sadly, but I'm trying to find confirmation of the Vita ver. being YOPO so that Vita owners could grab it soon of PSN.
I asked the producer just to make sure and he said that it is indeed the case.

V_Ben

Banned
For the guys who played it: how long is the game?

Took me roughly 7-8 hours, but i'm an adventure game fiend. Hard to put a proper time stamp on it because I took a few sessions to get through it :)

Edit: Actually, definitely closer to 8. Had a think about it :D

Tizoc

Updating first post, so basically, Vita owners should go grab the game at this price if they're intersted =)

Price on UK PSN is similar to US PSN, so don't miss out if you're an adventure games fan!

Amir0x

Banned
The mechanic looks like how you place stickers everywhere in LittleBigPlanet. Was that a partial inspiration?

Tizoc

Whoa, an offical thread! Thank you so much guys, I'm sure the team will be thrilled!

(PR Intern For Ripstone Games, good morning all!)

Edit: Just seen the reviews, thanks so much guys! Tweeted them out from the official account, let me know if anybody else reviews the game!

I was gonna PM you about it XP
Hope they'll be able to fix some of the issues mentioned in the reviews by the time of the Vita ver.'s release, but other than that looking forward to playing this, will just take my time and mostly listen to NPCs~

wouwie

I'm buying this. Looks fun and interesting. Also, seems very good value for money for an 6-8 hour game. I'm just wondering when the Vita version will be released since i might play it on Vita this time. But since it's cross-buy anyway, i'll just buy it on PS3 next week. Looking forward to it.

romulus91

yesssss!!!! i absolutely love the look of this game...... massive respect for the artstyle and humor.... looks fantastic

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I was actually part of the development team, really loved the project from day one. I was always under the impression it was going to be something special, but it's hard to judge how everyone else will view the game when you're in the bubble, so to speak.
It seems like people are quite enjoying it so far though, makes me happy (and being able to sleep at night). :)

jwk94

Updated first post with the reviews and I'm glad to see they are positive =)

Hope the reviews will encourage more PS3 owners to get it.

Looking forward to playing this next week.
Thanks! The Press Release I received confirmed that it is Cross-Buy.

For the guys who played it: how long is the game?
Around 6 hours long. I did most of the side "quests" though so you could finish it in maybe 5 hours and 30min.

Tizoc

Any reason EU PSN lists the game being 1.1 GB?
Is it already up on EU PSN for download and play or something?

Skyzard

Banned
Hope it is cut down a bit for the Vita version, if possible. Memory space is a bit tight these days, it would be appreciated. Nice to read the OPM reviewer loved it.

Tizoc

Added a few more reviews to the first post.
Wish the Vita ver. would release at the same time or sooner, Vita sales would really help this game.
Should I make a thread with reviews for the game to get what remaining PS3 onwers on GAF to give it a try?

Tizoc

So are there any discounts for pre-ordering? Or is that over?

EU PSN's pre-order discount ended this past Wednesday sadly, with no indication of that in either the EU Blog or anywhere else.

It's $13 on US PSN which comes to 8 Pounds (current price on UK PSN). If there was a discount offer, they might've forgotten to apply it, or the game is discouned on US PSN by $2.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
IGN just reviewed the game, gave it an 8,6 out of 10:

Stick it to The Man! really is the complete package. Its style feels fully developed, its comedy proves genuinely funny, and its puzzles are actually fun to solve. Everything from the pacing to the cutscenes feels succinct and smartly designed, creating an experience that gets all the details right while not overextending itself. I almost wish the gameplay had been slightly more ambitious, but what it lacks in innovation it more than makes up in personality.

Tizoc

So there's around 10 reviews for the game, I'll make a review thread later on to garner more interest.

BTW any reason why Sony hasn't approached the devs for getting the game on PS4? PS4+3+Vita compatiblity would've really helped its sales, and the price point would've been attracting too.

Zach

Wow. This game came out of nowhere. Looks great. It's going on my Games to Purchase After the Holidays List.

Tizoc

That was pretty cool, I assume it was done with a pen and not a mouse right?
I got 6 work day shift starting tomorrow, will aim to squeeze some game time of it on Wednesday X3

Tizoc

2 days before I can actually download and finally play this. No chance of a midnight-like release?

Tizoc

Yeah I need to stop watching these vids or review vids since by now I may have spoiled the first 3 chapters at least, XO

Top Bottom