• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

Drop Facebook Drop!!!! Give me money you censorship machine.

Speaking of censorship machine:

w5QWGFW.png

ManofOne

Plus Member
Ok who here still using Facebook.

• Daily active users were 1.84B, slightly ahead of expectations and totaling 11% growth year-over-year. Monthly active users of 2.8B, up 12%, also beat slightly .
  • Family daily active people was 2.6B on average for December, up 15%, while family monthly active people rose 14% to 3.3B.
  • Liquidity was $61.95B as of year-end

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Ok who here still using Facebook.

• Daily active users were 1.84B, slightly ahead of expectations and totaling 11% growth year-over-year. Monthly active users of 2.8B, up 12%, also beat slightly .
  • Family daily active people was 2.6B on average for December, up 15%, while family monthly active people rose 14% to 3.3B.
  • Liquidity was $61.95B as of year-end

It's exclusively a family and friends photo sharing + light messaging platform for me.

mango drank

Yah, I hoping the user numbers fell during the whole fiasco with Trump . My bet was wrong it looks.
There's still a chance the stock goes up on the good earnings news, and a bunch of people who were watching for that to happen then sell for a profit, at which point it takes a dive. Isn't that what usually happens on good AAPL earnings too?

ManofOne

Plus Member
There's still a chance the stock goes up on the good earnings news, and a bunch of people who were watching for that to happen then sell for a profit, at which point it takes a dive. Isn't that what usually happens on good AAPL earnings too?

No I had for a 5.0% drop it close to 5.0% so I am hoping tomm it goes down more than 2.0% so I can gain and sell my option before Friday expiry.

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
PLEASE GO UP APPLE I HAVE CALLS ON YOU

• Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL): Q1 GAAP EPS of $1.68 beats by $0.27.
  • Revenue of $111.43B (+21.4% Y/Y) beats by $8.19B.
  • iPhone $65.6B vs. $59.86B consensus.
  • Mac $8.67B vs. $8.68B consensus.
  • iPad $8.44B vs. $7.61B consensus.
  • Wearables, Home and Accessories $12.97B vs. $11.91B consensus.
  • Services $15.76B vs. $14.85B consensus.
  • “Our December quarter business performance was fueled by double-digit growth in each product category, which drove all-time revenue records in each of our geographic segments and an all-time high for our installed base of active devices,” said Luca Maestri, Apple’s CFO. “These results helped us generate record operating cash flow of $38.8 billion. We also returned over $30 billion to shareholders during the quarter as we maintain our target of reaching a net cash neutral position over time.”

ManofOne

Plus Member
This is why China will always reign supreme. Look at APPL greater china number for sales. It 61.0% up of previous.

Z4xaD06.jpg

Last edited:

AmuroChan

Picked up some NOK and AMC just for fun. Let's see what happens tomorrow. I do feel like this shenanigans can't go on for much longer. SEC is going to step in and do something.

nikos

Conflicted on whether I should diamond hand GME to the moon, or sell 1/4 of my shares to cover what I put in and have some peace of mind until this is over. I don't necessarily want to lose the money, though it wouldn't be the end of the world, but I'm thinking that's the smarter option even if I am giving up potential larger gains.

Delf

Banned
My reasoning with dumping into NOK rather then AMC and the others..

Nokia is WAAAAAY undervalued. They are gonna keep increasing in value due to their 5G contracts/tech.. The entry point was low then $5-6 and I snatched up a bunch. Made a nice little $300 off it today and wanna watch it go to the moon. Part of me thinks I might dump today's profits....right back in.

I fully suspect Nokia will pump and when it comes down it won't crash down like the other meme stocks. Its a nice meme stock to make some bank but a good long term also.

v2CYzQM.jpg

Last edited:

HoodWinked

Well fuck me. I just lost on puts on FB. FML
everyone likes to trash on FB but to be honest they're much more focused on the bottom line, I've seen them censor on both sides and let things slide as long as there is money involved. compared to something like twitter which has actively been destroying their platform with the overbearing ways they've handed moderation and littering blatantly biased disclaimers on posts in a very impartial manner, alienating a large part of their userbase. How does twitter think doing this makes them money? they're weirdly being ran ideologically when a company is supposed to be beholden to shareholders.

Myths

My reasoning with dumping into NOK rather then AMC and the others..

Nokia is WAAAAAY undervalued. They are gonna keep increasing in value due to their 5G contracts/tech.. The entry point was low then $5-6 and I snatched up a bunch. Made a nice little $300 off it today and wanna watch it go to the moon. Part of me thinks I might dump today's profits....right back in.

I fully suspect Nokia will pump and when it comes down it won't crash down like the other meme stocks. Its a nice meme stock to make some bank but a good long term also.

v2CYzQM.jpg
This is my outlook on NOK. They are focused on major technological leaps in communications and laying down future proof hardware. Plenty of potential and it’s dirt cheap. I can’t speak on some of these other meme stocks, but I’m in for NOK. 5G will be a thing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Bunch of bullshit. Looks like it triggered a bunch of GME sells, too. This shit sucks.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Well, we'll see what happens tomorrow, but this is looking to be a bitter lesson for a lot of us.

Top Bottom