• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

question you pulled it all out for cash? Or you still have it floating in your current platform?

Moved it to bitcoin this morning, not interested in turning it into cash, would rather invest it and see what happens.

Bitcoin then did surprisingly well today, so on a string of accidental luck at the moment.

But I think crypto will slump soon so wanted to get into stocks and shares.

Last edited by a moderator:

ManofOne

Plus Member
Moved it to bitcoin this morning, not interested in turning it into cash, would rather invest it and see what happens.

Bitcoin then did surprisingly well today, so on a string of accidental luck at the moment.

But I think crypto will slump soon so wanted to get into stocks and shares.

Well the reason im asking that is b/c if you took it out and transferred it, IRS can charge taxes on it because its realized income.

If you transferred it from platform to platform, then it isn't realized.

Myths

It’s starting already, pre-market pharma are already showing signs of rocketing.

Got into ONTX yesterday as it’s been overall positive on an incline. It’s already up 26% this morning. Let’s see if it pulls through the low volume going into opening.

Last edited:

Delf

Banned
This is insane. 6am and ZSAN is pushing past $3.

8Pks6gq.jpg

Has to be a PnD.

I'm setting a limit sell at like 25% of what I paid (that a good number?) And also selling today no matter what, maybe 5-10% over whatever the open is (again, good idea?) I dont trust this run to be more then today, let alone last all day.

Living by the mantra Raven117 Raven117 said... pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered 🐷

With my small account this is a seriously bump and I can't get greedy.

Also looking to get in on the inevitable ZOM drop to 1.90-2.00 today. Rumor mill still says a $5 price by March

Checking on $EAST also.

Last edited:

Myths

8Pks6gq.jpg

Has to be a PnD.

I'm setting a limit sell at like 25% of what I paid (that a good number?) And also selling today no matter what, maybe 5-10% over whatever the open is (again, good idea?) I dont trust this run to be more then today, let alone last all day.

Living by the mantra Raven117 Raven117 said... pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered 🐷

Also looking to get in on the inevitable ZOM drop to 1.90-2.00 today. Rumor mill still says a $5 price by March

Checking on $EAST also.
I’ve actually diversified my portfolio spreading out on a few pharma. I was hesitant with zsan at 1.75 yesterday but wow.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member

8Pks6gq.jpg

Has to be a PnD.

Checking on $EAST also.

Good shit.

Will be interesting to see what happens with it over the next couple of days since it's above it's price target already.

If you're apprehensive take some profits and leave in what you don't give a shit about losing.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

8Pks6gq.jpg

Has to be a PnD.

Checking on $EAST also.

Been eyeballing ZOM as well. Might go in if some of my calls go green today.

Tried to dump my ITRM shares last night at $2.54 for about 140% gain but didn't hit .... might be a blessing in disguise as it might go higher today. Or knowing my luck, it'll dump out.

ManofOne

Plus Member
My portfolio for today setting up for a down day but my investment into SPG is holding out well. That dividend yield was too juicy to miss.

SPG up near 4.0% crossed

ManofOne

Plus Member
Depends on the company situation and sector. ITRM just offered at $1.25 and is up over $2 due to anticipated closing last night/today.

It really depends on the prospects of the company.

I would based on my experience 8-9 times out of 10 the stock falls due to dilution.

Share issuance should scare people in a low rate environment especially when the cost of equity is still variably higher than the cost of debt.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Get out now. It will keep falling due to dilution
Believe it or not it's actually up.

For you guys talking ZSAN, good call. Up another 50 cents.

I might get back into NOK and BB soon. NOK almost at $4 which is where it had trended before Reddit. BB Toronto at $17 which is where it was before the big Reddit week too.

If NOK at BB hit $4 and $16, I'm in.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I got into MFGP late last year and it was dead money for a month or so, but it's popped a bit based on good earnings today and reinstating it's dividend (small 2% yield).

Now at $7.20. It popped last year due to being mentioned as a partner with Amazon but then died off a bit.

Insiders knew. Suddenly the stock has gone up like 6 days in a row including today. lol

Delf

Banned
Anyone else suspicious of all the biotech pumping the past couple weeks? It feels like most are just trying to catch some of the GME wave.

Yeah. I think people downloaded, and are playing with, Robinhood like it's Pokémon Go.

New phone fun, saw big Dogecoin money, GME hype, Covid boredom, stimmy checks (which to many were fun money)

Add in most Pharma stocks seem to trend in the penny area or sub-$20.

Im trying to now keep a more diverse profolio but I'm up to PnD some pharma stuff here and there lol

Delf

Banned
$EAST like I mentioned earlier.

Distillery out of Washington. Believe they bottle and label on site and have been making deals to export to the Asian market.

Gonna hold for a while, see how this goes.

xstM9dW.jpg

Also in for these guys.

Runor is 'more movies then Netflix' 'will be the next FUBO' 🤷🏻‍♂ gonna try the long hold.

l9EmRs3.jpg

Last edited:
Believe it or not it's actually up.

For you guys talking ZSAN, good call. Up another 50 cents.

I might get back into NOK and BB soon. NOK almost at $4 which is where it had trended before Reddit. BB Toronto at $17 which is where it was before the big Reddit week too.

If NOK at BB hit $4 and $16, I'm in.

Bought another 30 shares in NOK

Holding it baby

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I again dont know how people do this all day lol. I am taking the rest of teh day off on my short stuff. I got too greedy today. Am not down but my gains could have been much higher.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Anyone else suspicious of all the biotech pumping the past couple weeks? It feels like most are just trying to catch some of the GME wave.

look at the biotech index it running hot. But that’s health care in general I think they expecting a Biden health care plan

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Weeds stocks rocking like it's 2018. Aphria up $5 cdn to $30. Sold it 2 years ago for an avg price around $12, avg cost about $7.

With the shitstorm last few years, never had guessed it would be at al all time high.

GHG

Gold Member
AUVI was the hot one today but completely missed it as I couldn't work out why it was such a big pre market mover so dismissed it. Kicking myself.

At least VERU is up today.

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
It is a no brainer. We are going to get better and better economic data. Vaccination is getting ramped up, lockdowns are opening. There is going to be spending boom. Markets will be at a higher level by the end of the year.

FED is looking at unemployment numbers. It will take atleast 2 years for employment to reach 2019 levels. Until then they will not raise rates. So we will have the mother of all bubbles coming.

ManofOne

Plus Member
FED is looking at unemployment numbers. It will take atleast 2 years for employment to reach 2019 levels. Until then they will not raise rates. So we will have the mother of all bubbles coming.
While I think this is true. Caution should be shown if inflation heads above expected. Inflation is 1.5% and next quarter they looking at around 1.8%-2.0%. If inflation heads above 4.0% closer to the end of the year we looking at massive issues.

Delf

Banned
I flipped the ZSAN at 2.57 for $180 bucks.
Best flip I've ever made lol

Dumped everything back in...
$GSAT $EAST been my biggest gainers. Took the time to aquire a few more shares of $ATOS. Got my 50 shares of ZOM.

$TBLT and my $CIDM pick are shitting the bed...

Sitting at 8% now. I feel I'm gonna get slaughtered in the after market and pre-market tomorrow. I am due and made some hasty choices today.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I flipped the ZSAN at 2.57 for $180 bucks.
Best flip I've ever made lol

Dumped everything back in...
$GSAT $EAST been my biggest gainers. Took the time to aquire a few more shares of $ATOS. Got my 50 shares of ZOM.

$TBLT and my $CIDM pick are shitting the bed...

Sitting at 8% now. I feel I'm gonna get slaughtered in the after market and pre-market tomorrow. I am due and made some hasty choices today.
Where are you doing your research?

Delf

Banned
Where are you doing your research?

I usually start at reddits pennystock and robinhood penny stock sub.

I'll check the morning picks. Right them down. See if I see some a day or two in a row or notable info. Then I'll do a search in that specific reddit for the exact symbol. Ill sort it by 'in the last week' 'last month' and go between the two info and try to parse out stuff.
Keep checking the subs every so often and sorting my new post to see if any new DD stuff.

I was 99% sure the $CIDM shit was an attempted pump..I told myself but still pulled the trigger. I usually check peoples post history and my spider sense told me lol. But I was said fuck it and tried to jump in on it to see if it ran like ZOSA.
Didn't like 'kill me I'm small beans and down $2 on it lol

I'll also do a search on twitter for the symbol. For latest and most popular. Read like the top tweets that are actual tweets and not spam.

I'll check the links to actual reports, finance news etc..and graphs and shit.. but fuck all if I know what half of that means lol

I'm kinda running on bullshit, pumper info, spam etc I think.. and doing my best to parse it out. Learning from what you guys post also plus finding youtube videos.
I'm like making 25% educated bets and 75% roll of the dice lol

GHG

Gold Member
RAAS is moving since the opening.

Got in and got out because I don't know enough about them to know what the real value is. Their website doesn't even work...

Top Bottom