• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

haxan7

Banned
I've looked at loads of stocks today that went up 30%-60%++ from market open this morning until now.

Seems like early morning is the best time to get in for quick turnaround stocks.

Last edited:

Delf

Banned
BSQR was nice to me. Got in at $5. She hit $11 today and I missed it...
Sitting around 8.50 right now. No real reason for the jump so I have her set to sell if she dips to 8 or peaks at 9.

My whole 10 shares going hard! Haha.
SRelcMc.jpg

AmuroChan

I've looked at loads of stocks today that went up 30%-60%++ from market open this morning until now.

Seems like early morning is the best time to get in for quick turnaround stocks.
Were they from market open, or do they include pre-market action?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Everytime I feel like I am getting a grasp on all this after I have read some of the books suggested...I realize I am grasping nothing when I am watching some of these charts. :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_grimmacing_

Raven117

Everytime I feel like I am getting a grasp on all this after I have read some of the books suggested...I realize I am grasping nothing when I am watching some of these charts. :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_grimmacing_
Start small. Use the education tools hopefully provided by your broker. Don't make a trade you don't understand.

Other than tracking the price of individual stock and the indexes, then learn VIX and implied volatility. Its a good start to understanding more of the tools.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
+1.3%. I'll take it.

For all you guys posting penny stock kinds of stuff, please keep it coming. Onw of these days I'll take a dip and put down $10k on it as a roll of the dice.
If there's any penny picks that's already gone from 50 cents to $5, I'll probably pass I'm probably too late.

But if you guys have a good feeling about something that was 50 cents but only at $1 or so, that's more tempting as there might be more runway left for a run.

Thanks!

haxan7

Banned
If there's any penny picks that's already gone from 50 cents to $5, I'll probably pass I'm probably too late.

But if you guys have a good feeling about something that was 50 cents but only at $1 or so, that's more tempting as there might be more runway left for a run.

Thanks!
I think I missed NVCN but I'm watching it closely. The same person who shared ZSAN yesterday posted it to reddit penny stocks earlier today

Myths

Believe it or not it's actually up.

For you guys talking ZSAN, good call. Up another 50 cents.

I might get back into NOK and BB soon. NOK almost at $4 which is where it had trended before Reddit. BB Toronto at $17 which is where it was before the big Reddit week too.

If NOK at BB hit $4 and $16, I'm in.
I only dream it rockets so these contracts come this Friday would be worthwhile... how dirt cheap they were to scrap up.

Also. Impressed by Astrotech’s performance this week. It was one of five tickers I’d been keeping a close watch on for months. Amplify is another. Outstanding.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
I think I missed NVCN but I'm watching it closely. The same person who shared ZSAN yesterday posted it to reddit penny stocks earlier today

Patent win as well according to seekingalpha:

There might well be a continued surge as a result well into trading hours tomorrow so worth keeping an eye on.

Late last year I was following a Brisbane Australia company, called Anteotech who do the backend tech and supply to Ellume for rapid at home Covid tests (over the counter tests) and they just secured the US DOD contract with supply contracted through this year. I got in a larger position at $0.10 and now pushed to $0.20. I'll take doubling my money any day. Basically they helped develop the first FDA approved at home testing kit.

Only question left is do I jump now or hang on for a couple of months more...I have a feeling they're going to keep seeing sales internationally growing for at least a number of months with Covid still going nuts and vaccines taking some time to propagate.

ntugrvF.png

EDIT: wish I didn't just dip my toe in mid last year and went in strong. I was looking at the scenario when they were $0.02. Damn.

Last edited:

mango drank

I finished edward yardeni bio and I clearly fucked up because I didn't grasp as much as I thought.

Doing penny stocks for dummies next.
I'm doing highlights on my kindle, then taking notes in GDrive based on those highlights. I'd forget everything instantly otherwise.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I'm doing highlights on my kindle, then taking notes in GDrive based on those highlights. I'd forget everything instantly otherwise.

I think I'm just in overload trying to do everything and didn't retain much. I'm gonna give it a other go after getting through a few of the others.

Amory

So how do you know when to give up and sell a crappy stock at a loss? I have shares of a company that I believe has a bright future overall, but the price has been trending down for the better part of a year. Opportunity cost has been especially high these days, when it seems like everything else is up across the board.

So I'm inclined to finally give up, but it's so far down at this point that I worry about selling at the bottom and missing a recovery.

ManofOne

Plus Member
So how do you know when to give up and sell a crappy stock at a loss? I have shares of a company that I believe has a bright future overall, but the price has been trending down for the better part of a year. Opportunity cost has been especially high these days, when it seems like everything else is up across the board.

So I'm inclined to finally give up, but it's so far down at this point that I worry about selling at the bottom and missing a recovery.

Trade companies with high PE. Market seems to be ignoring fundamentals for future expectations.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member

Honestly, with the way things are these days I give it a couple of weeks and generally I set a stop loss at the 10 week average in case it really goes south.

Delf

Banned
Not much action for me today. A few buy orders to increase my positions. Everything is pretty much a long hold for me for a while with my fingers crossed lol

Top Bottom