• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

Delf

Banned
So I'm still new to stocks...question regarding "Pre-Market".

Yesterday (Sunday) I bought some shares for a company when the market was obviously closed. I set a Buy Limit Order for 500 shares at the price of $2.35 (the closing price was $2.34). But this morning during pre-market, the sale didn't go through and now the price is currently at $2.85. My question is...is there any way for me to secure the current price of a stock when the market is closed?

Thanks, stilmother fucker.
I'm not 100% sure but if your on RH I think pre-market is 9am rather then the official market open at 930am?

I dont know. I'm still learning. I set up some buys but they never triggered pre-market.

I'm waiting to get off RH and opened a Fidelity account recently. Stuck on RH till I can pull everything out. I think a transfer cost $75.. thats big money on my $250 account lol

ManofOne

Plus Member
Both platforms allow pre market trading however. Trading depends on volume and price bc most people often wait till open. The bid ask spreads pre market are so wide that often the order never gets filled.

So I'm still new to stocks...question regarding "Pre-Market".

Yesterday (Sunday) I bought some shares for a company when the market was obviously closed. I set a Buy Limit Order for 500 shares at the price of $2.35 (the closing price was $2.34). But this morning during pre-market, the sale didn't go through and now the price is currently at $2.85. My question is...is there any way for me to secure the current price of a stock when the market is closed?

Thanks, still learning.
depends on where u're at.

Robinhood only offers like 30 min pre opening and I think like 2 hours after closing.

Webull opens at 4am eastern time i think and closes at 8pm eastern. Giving 5 hours and 30 minutes additional trading prior to opening and 4 hours additional trading after closing.

What I do in after hours is a pay a tiny premium above current prices to buy, or sell at a few cents below selling price. Keep and eye on stock value changes, as the stock can move outside your limit order price range while u're setting the order up, in which case u either wait or cancel and redo order.

edit:
Downside of webull and robinhood is I think they don't offer OTC stocks, which sometimes can be promising.

Fidelity, vanguard and ameritrade do offer some OTC stocks.

Last edited:

Delf

Banned
Check out ZSAN.
I read about them on reddit this morning. Looks promising.
I got in for like $1.10 and theyve steady at 1.50 all morning.

BSQR has been good to me also. In at like 4.50 and holding steady at 5.80, shot to 7 at one point.

I should make a nice $75 today if things stay good 😁

Reactions: GHG

haxan7

Banned
Check out ZSAN.

BSQR has been good to me also. In at like 4.50 and holding steady at 5.80, shot to 7 at one point.

me hearing any mention of reddit:

d69.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Check out ZSAN.

I put them on my watch list. Whats the big news popping them?

ManofOne

Plus Member
I decided to drop $218 bucks into ZSAN earlier. It's already gone up to $270. With my current luck, it will tank by tomorrow before I sell.

If I sell it for a $100 profit , just need to do that 30 more times to recover my GME losses.

just include your transaction cost if any into your buying and selling.

GHG

Gold Member
I decided to drop $218 bucks into ZSAN earlier. It's already gone up to $270. With my current luck, it will tank by tomorrow before I sell.

If I sell it for a $100 profit , just need to do that 30 more times to recover my GME losses.

If it doesn't fall during after hours/pre market then it could break out further tomorrow since it will have momentum on it's side.

ManofOne

Plus Member

Electronic Arts to buy Glu Mobile; Glu resumes trading up 37% (updated)​

• Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:EA) is set to buy Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU), offering a big expansion to EA's player network of half a billion-plus.
  • Glu trading is halted for the news. EA is up 2.3% postmarket.
  • The deal values Glu at $2.1B in enterprise value; Glu stockholders will get $12.50 in cash for each share - a 36% premium to Friday's closing.
  • The combination means a mobile portfolio with more than 15 top live services with a combined $1.32B in bookings over the past 12 months.
  • On closing, the deal is immediately accretive to net bookings, EA says, and is "expected to grow underlying profitability beginning in its first year."
  • Updated 4:26 p.m.: Glu will resume trading at 4:35 p.m.; Glu rival Zynga (NASDAQ:ZNGA) is up 6.4% after hours.
  • Updated 4:37 p.m.: Glu Mobile is up 37.4% after hours following the resumption of trading.

ZNGA!!!!!!

Raven117

Don't be caught holding the bag! Remember, pigs get fat hogs get slaughtered.

GHG

Gold Member
Don't be caught holding the bag! Remember, pigs get fat hogs get slaughtered.

Yep, increased volatility during regular hours usually carries through to after hours and into pre market, and not in a good way.

Both OCGN and ZSAN are down after hours.

On the other had SAVA is maintaining upwards momentum into after hours. Might be worth another cheeky look tomorrow dependent on volumes.

GHG

Gold Member
I had znga last year and sold it :(

I'm more annoyed that I somehow missed GLUU when I was doing my prep for the week yesterday and was looking at the scheduled earnings calls. It's on the 9th and I would have probably bought a little if I had bothered to research since the projections look strong. Hopefully ZNGA powers through for me until earnings on the 10th.

I've accidentally made a few tens of thousand on dogecoin I forgot I had, looking to pull it out and invest in stocks.

Crash coursing myself on things using this thread, so just wanted to say thanks.

The idea of futures scares the bejesus out of me, can you make large profits without futures trading? Or is there a way of limiting potential losses?

I don't mind losing all my made-up dogecoin money I have to invest, but it sounds like you can end up in actual debt and owe more money than you even have available with futures.

Any advice to which platform I sign up for? Takes forever to do all the verification bullshit.

Cheers, I'll try to entertain you all with my inevitable $50,000 loss

Last edited by a moderator:
How "diverse" should my portfolio be? I'm consious i'm spreading myself to thin.

40% of my portfolio is spread between 4 ETFs (S&P, Green Energy, Canabis and EVs), 30% in blue chips and the remainder in growth stocks.

finowns

How "diverse" should my portfolio be? I'm consious i'm spreading myself to thin.

40% of my portfolio is spread between 4 ETFs (S&P, Green Energy, Canabis and EVs), 30% in blue chips and the remainder in growth stocks.
This year is all about space. Space is the place. I tried to get into Holicity and it keeps going up +40% since last week. Holicity is a SPAC so I think it might go down.

BigBooper

I've accidentally made a few tens of thousand on dogecoin I forgot I had, looking to pull it out and invest in stocks.

Crash coursing myself on things using this thread, so just wanted to say thanks.

The idea of futures scares the bejesus out of me, can you make large profits without futures trading? Or is there a way of limiting potential losses?

I don't mind losing all my made-up dogecoin money I have to invest, but it sounds like you can end up in actual debt and owe more money than you even have available with futures.

Any advice to which platform I sign up for? Takes forever to do all the verification bullshit.

Cheers, I'll try to entertain you all with my inevitable $50,000 loss
Keep the tax man in mind.

Top Bottom