• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

GHG

Gold Member
The fuck is happening today.

With the exception of twitter everything has crashed after the pre market pump.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Powell speech is today. So watch for inflation my guess is adjustment in big tech stocks by ALGOs for inflation expectation and valuation resets.

Higher 10 yr yields lead to this.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
wrestling beat up GIF

I wish I was sting in this gif...but I am the kid.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Thats a BS story against RH because nitwits shouldnt be in the markets to begin with if they dont know what they are doing.

A 20 year old should not be buying options. I don't even buy them and I first started dabbling in the markets during the dot com craze 22 years ago.

I totally disagree with the article saying his negative balance is misleading.

If I borrow against my line of credit $100,000, it will say I'm in the whole $100,000 until I pay it back. Even if I leave the money in my chequeing account so it's technically a wash, it makes sense to show my LOC is -$100,000 and my chequing account +$100,000.

The bank isn't going to assume and do cross reference against different accounts and assume it's a wash.

If I get a car loan for $50,000. I owe $50,000 even if the blue book value of the car is $40,000, which really means my deficit is actually $10,000 if I sell the car and put it towards the loan.

Last edited:
Thats a BS story against RH because nitwits shouldnt be in the markets to begin with if they dont know what they are doing.

A 20 year old should not be buying options. I don't even buy them and I first started dabbling in the markets during the dot com craze 22 years ago.

I totally disagree with the article saying his negative balance is misleading.

If I borrow against my line of credit $100,000, it will say I'm in the whole $100,000 until I pay it back. Even if I leave the money in my chequeing account so it's technically a wash, it makes sense to show my LOC is -$100,000 and my chequing account +$100,000.

The bank isn't going to assume and do cross reference against different accounts and assume it's a wash.

I don't necessarily disagree but I feel RH's target audience is a kid like this who will be attracted to a gamified interface that they offer.

I also don't know much about RH and their barrier to entry for options trading. I use TD Ameritrade and had to apply for it, give income information, and answer questions as to my level of understanding about options and the inherit risks, and I was only granted level 1 options trading.

My biggest loser today is PLTR but I'm planning a long term hold on this so I don't care, so I'm probably really only down 0.5% at this point. Not too bad I guess.

GHG

Gold Member
This is one of those days where I think I'll look but don't touch. Missed my entry point on TLRY at 47 earlier, was too busy looking at my portfolio wonder wtf is going on.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
This is one of those days where I think I'll look but don't touch. Missed my entry point on TLRY at 47 earlier, was too busy looking at my portfolio wonder wtf is going on.
Kidna how I feel. Weird to think the gamestop craze wasnt that long ago. I sort of took a crash course on the basics and I have made some really good and bad bets so far. Kinda feel like I need to sit on the side lines for awhile and let my longs go.

I cant seem to get out from under this QCOM call. At this point I am hoping to only lose $100.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

GHG

Gold Member
Kidna how I feel. Weird to think the gamestop craze wasnt that long ago. I sort of took a crash course on the basics and I have made some really good and bad bets so far. Kinda feel like I need to sit on the side lines for awhile and let my longs go.

I cant seem to get out from under this QCOM call. At this point I am hoping to only lose $100.

Yep if I can't work out why something is happening or has happened that's a worry for me and time to learn more instead of gambling. If I went in earlier at the time when everything was being forced down then it would have 100% been a gamble and I don't like that. I was seeing patterns I've never seen before.

ManofOne

Plus Member
In February yall remember how the futures market was red and then it turned green at the open and kept going up despite Apple shutting down stores etc.

Delf

Banned
PSVT @4

Look to be pumped like Zosan was to 7 I think.

The guy who's been picking and pumping just put it up 30min ago.

Delf

Banned
AM i crazy or does it look like the PnD alraedy happened?

It had a spike and fell from what it looks like. He only posted 30min ago.
Jumped like 60% after his post it looks.

I dunno if its gonna bounce back. Guy has become loved over there lol. Says he's gonna make a write up on how he picks next week.

39uydMd.jpg

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
It had a spike and fell from what it looks like. He only posted 30min ago.
Jumped like 60% after his post it looks.

I dunno if its gonna bounce back. Guy has become loved over there lol. Says he's gonna make a write up on how he picks next week.

39uydMd.jpg
dude caused a 40-50 percent hike after posting. almost to the minute.

Top Bottom