• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

SpartanN92

Banned
Up 1.3%, snagged some goodones 5 minutes into the sell off.
E24jUKh.jpg

Last edited:

GHG

This is impossible to call.

They are still talking so I'm still waiting for some clangers to be dropped before I celebrate too early.

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
Up 1.87% today.

But J Powell is WRONG. The market is expecting A HIKE over the next year and half and ITS BEING PULLED FORWARD more with every passing day. Rate hike in 2024 MY ass

85d0v23.jpg

Last edited:
I got lucky on VGAC. Got in at $11.50, dumped it around $14-ish I think. And there wasn't even the Branson/23 and me news yet.
Yeah, I should have known with SPACs they go up pre-Merger and go down Post-Merger.

Not that bothered though since it is going to become 23 & Me, which should be decent (I hope).

Decided to pump £30 in Supply Me Capital, a UK Penny Stock that is likely going to be big in 5 years.

GHG

Ended the day up 2%.

SLS has finally started to make some moves and that makes me happy. Let's see what the next couple of weeks bring.

The company King Island Scheelite | Welcome to King Island Scheelite (ASX stock code: KIS) basically has a resource rich Tungsten mine that was active from around 1920-1990, it closed due to world Tungsten prices not lack of resources in the mines there. They dabble with the open cut mine but have underground mines and have drained the open cut mine as well, due to inactivity. In 2005 they ditched out of deal China was buying up parent companies behind the scenes and last year western world governments listed Tungsten as an essential rare earth metal. China has around 80+% of world supply and Tasmania (state in Australia) has a high grade supply with this company. They got $2.5 mil last year to restart things all Aussie owned and backed by Rio Tinto. Just yesterday they got $10Mil from the Tasmania state government to really get things moving.

The good part in my speculation is the federal government of Australia is also tipped to announce a further $15Mil to push this along as basically the only western world Tungsten supplier. Tungsten is used on drill bits for mining, weapons, rockets, defense systems etc. KIS have also secured the port 1Km from the mine itself and can ship quality and quantity to Victoria, Australia ports for all around the world from there. In short they're ramping up for real world production as quick as they can and the Aussie government are backing them to become a major western world supplier to reduce reliance on China. The number 2 of Tungsten supply globally essentially. The USA have zero Tungsten mines in operation, for some reference.

KIS traded at highs of $1.25 when the major deals were announced and stalled in 2005, they paid back $3Mil to get out of China tyring to back channel buy into their global deal back then. It's all back in the swing now with recent world events and KIS have access to the resources, just not the mine in operation, which they are pushing for. The market is expected to grow from $1Bil to $5+Bil or something like that.

I got wind of it but missed the recent announcement, I'm not missing out the next govt grant announcement and the longer term rise back to full operations, not sure how long that will take but I'd imagine KIS will ramp up significantly with Rio Tinto and Australia having their back. My longer term speculation is KIS will far exceed their 2005 high of $1.25 within 1-2 years.

EDIT: Sounds like me as well. I too have made an all time high with a new second personal portfolio I stared during Covid mid-late last year. It's a more aggressive speculative portfolio and so far I'm up on 4 out of 4 stocks by 76% as of yesterday. I'm adding about $1-5K (yet to decide) for KIS mentioned in this post and will sit on it for awhile.

FAKE EDIT: Another stock I came across from a client of mine. Apparently a little longer term as well but touted to go large in coming years. I'll sit on the gift from my client and see what happens.

An update on this, KIS is going debt free from $60Mil capital raising confirmed this week and the federal grant, another $15Mil, is just around the corner as far as we know still. KIS CEO estimates they'll be in production within 10-15 months so they're not far off scaling from $0 to their target of approx $400-450Mil at full capacity. Currently the stock has risen to a high yesterday at $0.31 and settled back to $0.30 today. There was also an independent survey complete in March with only a 0.01% reduction in the estimated high quality tungsten output. So far so good for KIS, I'm still pegging a long term hold with magnitudes in the 10Xs for return on this stock within 1-2 years.

I increased my position with KIS at $0.26 from 3,500 shares to approx. 10 times that amount. Looking forward to a solid pay day on this one next year (or longer term) and I truly wish the company the best with their efforts to restore a local mining operation to Australia. They've progressed past set backs for 10-15 years now.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG

betrayal

Banned
How much profit have you guys already made?

And I mean pure cash, which has not been reinvested.

Asking for a friend.

Last edited:
True enough. I think so as well. I'm bullish on all sectors to be honest but when it comes to inflation, only certain sectors will be winners.

I just find it mildly annoying that tech is basically the only one suffering this lull. It seems coordinated to scare shaky retail holders out of their shares when there's a reasonable assurance that most of these blue chip tech stocks are going to be just fine.

ManofOne

Plus Member
What was your entry price for COF? Somebody on r/investing was making their case for Capital One but it looked a bit overbought.

It is over bought but I put 1/4 of my intended investment and will average down if the price falls. The company has strong fundamentals and the value is definitely there.

If inflation roars past 2.5%, financials and insurance will be the better hedge.

ALLY so far is up 15.0% for me, COWN is up 53.0%, MS ,JPM, XLF, COF, up 16.0% on QFIN. etc.

Edit - also looking at BMO now as well but still researching that one.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
How much profit have you guys already made?

And I mean pure cash, which has not been reinvested.

Asking for a friend.
Depends on the time line. But I get what youre asking.

I'm about 25% above pre-covid levels. Just off my all time high. Not as good as people who caught on with tech stocks, but at one time I was -40% a year ago to this day. I think lunch time March 18, 2020 was rock bottom day.

Since rock bottom, my portfolio has roughly doubled.

ManofOne

Plus Member
I just find it mildly annoying that tech is basically the only one suffering this lull. It seems coordinated to scare shaky retail holders out of their shares when there's a reasonable assurance that most of these blue chip tech stocks are going to be just fine.

It will suffer in the short term but eventually there will a rotation back in (hopefully soon)

ManofOne

Plus Member
Signet (SIG) continues to beat my expectations. Imagine I held this stock since the mid twenties.

All that pent up marriage proposals 😂😂

ManofOne

Plus Member
Oil is taking a hit as well because Russia might retaliate to Biden's threats by flooding the market with oil. Seems oil futures are down because of that. I'm calling bullshit thou.

Top Bottom