• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

GHG

Yeh what the fuck is going on with Oil/energy/mining at the moment?

All of them are being hit hard, what's the catalyst?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yeh what the fuck is going on with Oil/energy/mining at the moment?

All of them are being hit hard, what's the catalyst?
Might just be profit taking. I took a skim of the big players and since Oct, all of them have rose 50-100% in stock price.

Anyone who got in late Oct or early Nov is up at least 50%.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG

GHG

Might just be profit taking. I took a skim of the big players and since Oct, all of them have rose 50-100% in stock price.

Anyone who got in late Oct or early Nov is up at least 50%.

I'm comfortable if that's the case. As long as there's nothing concerning then I need to watch then I'll just hold since they add balance to my portfolio.

Dynasty8

I've been looking into Ford recently, considering buying in... they're down slightly over 3% today, nice dip. What are your thoughts for long term?

GHG

Feels like a very tentative market today.

Catalysts that would usually cause run ups aren't doing so, everything is just hovering in a small range.

Probably because everyone knows Powell could open his trap tomorrow and tank everything again.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Feels like a very tentative market today.

Catalysts that would usually cause run ups aren't doing so, everything is just hovering in a small range.

Probably because everyone knows Powell could open his trap tomorrow and tank everything again.
Got lucky. Starting around 11am, most of stuff is green. Suddenly +0.8%. I'll take it in this hit and miss day on the markets.

GHG

Here We Go Again GIF by memecandy

Some of my SPAC plays are down but one of them is pretty bad.

The only one that is doing well for me is Butterfly Network, and I think that is due to the Cathie Woods effect.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I got one left FIII. Was $15 at Christmas. Now at $10. Made good money on RMG (RMO) and VGAC.
I have made decent money flipping VGAC as it's bounced around 10-13 and topping near 14 but it's killing me now. I could have broken even yesterday on it but I said nah I'll wait for 3 percent up to make just a little.

Mistakes were made.

Pallas

Slightly rough day, lucky that single share of Roblox is holding pretty good. My portfolio is nothing to brag about but up 7% from last week, now it’s down 1.25%

I mainly mess with penny stocks but I’ve been looking at some slightly bigger stocks like Roblox and QuantumScape also got some Dogecoin for the lols. I’m surprised it’s getting so much attention lately.

GHG

Same man. Hang in there though, it'll all go back up. I'm glad I didn't sell during the shitstorm a couple weeks ago.

Yep, I know it will but it's definitely frustrating to have to trade through this period.

The only things I've done today is sell out of both BOTZ and NVAX at profit and trim OGI because I think both have room to go a lot lower tomorrow if the markets respond badly to whatever the FED have to say.

Im fully prepared for pre-market to be a shit storm tomorrow.

I have made decent money flipping VGAC as it's bounced around 10-13 and topping near 14 but it's killing me now. I could have broken even yesterday on it but I said nah I'll wait for 3 percent up to make just a little.

Mistakes were made.
I am the same in all honesty.

The funny part is that there is a second one coming up too "VGAC-II".

Might wait and see what this 23 and Me is about for the original.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Mistakes were made.
I am the same in all honesty.

The funny part is that there is a second one coming up too "VGAC-II".

Might wait and see what this 23 and Me is about for the original.
I got lucky on VGAC. Got in at $11.50, dumped it around $14-ish I think. And there wasn't even the Branson/23 and me news yet.

GHG

Yeah today was shit and I’ve got a feeling Powell is gonna make it worse tomorrow.

I think everyone has that feeling and when that's the case it becomes something of a self fulfilling prophecy.

I have zero expectations for my existing portfolio tomorrow but I will have my eyes open for opportunities that arise from any potential price drops.

ManofOne

Plus Member
I think everyone has that feeling and when that's the case it becomes something of a self fulfilling prophecy.

I have zero expectations for my existing portfolio tomorrow but I will have my eyes open for opportunities that arise from any potential price drops.

The ONE THING the FED must not do is make people feel they do not have control and the FED has a poor history of be reactive than proactive.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG
If anyone is considering penny stocks, AABB and ICBU are looking positively amazing. Both are into the growing crypto mining segment.
AABB in particular has been on fire as of late. And ICBU just got approved for OTC.

It’s crazy but thanks to AABB, I was actually in the green today 😂

joe_zazen

if anyone is in on $abxx/$abxxf or thinking of it: looks like cap raise from sedar filing & COIN selling 1 million shares because of RTO. I sold on fri because of the price spike from the otcpink to otcqb move, might buy back in this week if price goes back down.

also news coming soon wrt Singapore exchange tho. ceo on Erik Townsend's pod next week.

Top Bottom