• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

SpartanN92

Banned
Well in other news tonight is earnings call for Gamestop.
Nothing about GME’s rise has been attributable to the companies financials so I doubt anything major happens but it will be interesting to see tonight when people get to compare stock price to financial reality.

GHG

Animated GIF

GHG

Was going to say, is the market going to tank every time this fucking jerkoff is about to speak?

Pretty much... He's a huge liability.

That said, what the hell are people rotating into? Nothing looks safe at the moment. Everything in my watch lists are down.

That said, what the hell are people rotating into? Nothing looks safe at the moment. Everything in my watch lists are down.
I’m basically almost at the point where I’m worn down from this movement. And that’s probably what the powers that be are banking on. Wearing people down into selling off for cheap shares.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG
Who are you guys using for your brokerage? Any reason to avoid Vanguard or Fidelity?

Vanguard is cheaper than Fidelity and most other percentage based brokers

But you're restrected to their funds, so if you want non-vanguard etfs/funds then avoid them.

I have an account with Charles Stanley Direct, but I haven't invested in that in a while. I'm using Trading212 right now

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Vanguard is cheaper than Fidelity and most other percentage based brokers

But you're restrected to their funds, so if you want non-vanguard etfs/funds then avoid them.

I have an account with Charles Stanley Direct, but I haven't invested in that in a while. I'm using Trading212 right now
Much obliged. I will probably stick with low-cost index funds where possible but maybe will go into individual funds from time-to-time.

ManofOne

Plus Member

It’s just that growth expectations are being adjusted. So of bc what’s happening in Europe. I think there is an adjustment away from reopening stocks.

Look at restaurants, hotels and travel stocks. They’re down 10%

mango drank

Seems like high-dividend stocks and funds are doing all right today, at a cursory glance. People taking shelter in yields? Or stalwart blue-chips in general?

Last edited:
Anyone know if weapon makers are on the DOW? Like can I invest in an AR-15 manufacturer or do we not do that?

RGR is the only gun manufacturer I know off the top of my head that is publicly traded. the price is kinda high right now, but it's still tempting for me. The reason it's tempting to me is that I believe Derek Chauvin will be acquitted and the rioting will be epic, which will cause the stock price to go even higher, with Biden being president, who knows. I'll probably just keep my money on the sidelines and invest in something safe, but I'm tempted.

Also please do your own research, I've been wrong about plenty of things investing wise.

Last edited:

GHG

RGR is the only gun manufacturer I know off the top of my head that is publicly traded. the price is kinda high right now, but it's still tempting for me. The reason it's tempting to me is that I believe Derek Chauvin will be acquitted and the rioting will be epic, which will cause the stock price to go even higher, with Biden being president, who knows. I'll probably just keep my money on the sidelines and invest in something safe, but I'm tempted.

Also please do your own research, I've been wrong about plenty of things investing wise.

This looks really tasty from a day trading point of view.

My step dads subscription finally paying off.

They probably figure that we we will all just sit around wanking once the stock market crashes.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
This looks really tasty from a day trading point of view.

They probably figure that we we will all just sit around wanking once the stock market crashes.
Maybe some do. I just cry...and then use my tears as lube.

• LOL

TrainedRage

Banned

Well thanks for the info. 👍 I may have to drop Apple, fuck that noise.

I'm selling virtual pubic hairs...........$500,000

Just read an article about an artist that sold a NFT house for $650,000 so your pubes have a chance yet. Might want to virtually insure your balls while you're at it. Same article has Gucci selling $12 virtual shoes. Gaming lead the charge where art and fashion are going to finish the race.

The market is officially spazzing out.

Playboy is up but everything else is down.

Well it's not unexpected for Playboy to get a rise. Badum Tish.

On my personal side I'm up 17.92% this year, happy days.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Since last Thursday incise anyone wants to know. I lost slightly over six figures.

So today I'm up 2.34%. My portoflio has never been this volatile since the lock downs in March. I'm hoping summer comes out strong bc if not I expect a strong correction.

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
the pull back in oil and in the broader market has to do with people lessening their inflation hedges. saudis also reiterated their bullish projections.

looking for a nice 1-3% bounce in su.to tomorrow.

Also the slowing of demand from European States and Latin American states as well.

Top Bottom