• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stock-Age: Stocks, Options and Dividends oh my!

ManofOne

Plus Member
Up so far today almost as much as I was down all day yesterday. Makes me want to sell it all and just sit out for a while.

Yah, i'm not liking the volatility to be honest and I'm not sure whats going on. My portoflio is made directly for inflation hedging but even if inflation hedging doesn't pan out, the companies I selected are balance sheet strong which should benefit from a re opening.

The NASDAQ is throwing the market off imo. Tech junkies are over buying zombie companies which is causing valuation concerns and dragging the market down.

BigBooper

Yah, i'm not liking the volatility to be honest and I'm not sure whats going on. My portoflio is made directly for inflation hedging but even if inflation hedging doesn't pan out, the companies I selected are balance sheet strong which should benefit from a re opening.

The NASDAQ is throwing the market off imo. Tech junkies are over buying zombie companies which is causing valuation concerns and dragging the market down.
The governments are really setting the mood for another series of intense lockdowns too. Some states are not going to go along with it this time though, so no idea how that might turn out.

ManofOne

Plus Member
Can't shut down forever. There's no excuse this time, especially with vaccines rolling out.

They "found" 26m AZ vaccines in Italy. I'm not sure what's happening in Europe but they fucking up this re opening big time and its creating uncertainty in the market. Investors hate uncertainty.

joe_zazen

I keep waiting for ABXX to drop because I want to top up. Probably going to just bite the bullet today. Suncor's perfomance makes me feel better about it.

The governments are really setting the mood for another series of intense lockdowns too. Some states are not going to go along with it this time though, so no idea how that might turn out.

Wait, what is going on down there? You guys are way ahead of us for vaccinations here in Canada.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Kevin Hart Lol GIF

Legit though. i thought It couldnt get much worse. Down 3 percent.

Send cookies.

HoodWinked

that's more like it. how this ran to 100 is a joke.

x2I5G2z.png

edit: nvm its only going down cause they're doing a stock offering wtf.

Last edited:

Dynasty8

Closing all apps and just gonna wait out the shitstorm. Not a good last two days.

I can't wait until I am back even after the last shitty 30 days. I jumped in right at the peak of the bull market. Just wait it out guys, don't panic sell.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
that's more like it. how this ran to 100 is a joke.

x2I5G2z.png

edit: nvm its only going down cause they're doing a stock offering wtf.
I glimpse the stock issue report. Stock offered at $85 (common) and $100 (preferred) worth $3 billion. The market cap is around $50 billion. How does that translate to a $74 stock which is down 20% today?

Maybe I missed something or did mental math wrong.

GHG

I actually think I'm done holding individual stocks long term for now. Too much bullshit going on, not adding anything else for the foreseeable future, too many bags have built up.

Just gonna throw everything in ETF's and then day trade/scalp with the rest of my money.

Last edited:

SpartanN92

Banned
10 year dipping suggest people are not worried about inflation and more worried about a millionath wave.

Fuck Europe and fuck blue states.
I live on the border of Kentucky/Indiana and Indy just announced their mask mandate ends on April 4th (I’m sure Ky will hold off a bit longer because our gov is a cuck 😒)

The point is though is that we are reopening and we are done with this shit.

ManofOne

Plus Member
So, I hedge a lot yesterday. Not sure whats going on but the 10 year rally is over and its already lost 11 basis points from its high. People are buying bonds again and for some unknown reason.

I still think it is Europe, it could also be another wave of lockdowns but I'm not seeing what the market is seeing in the near term.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Anyone good good alcohol suggestions for the weekend? With potential for long term application?

Not asking for a friend.

Last edited:
Top Bottom