• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

Grokbu

If it ends up annoying a lot of people. Couldn't someone create a "Street Fighter 3: 3S Garbage comparison thread" similar to that BF3/MW3 thread?

Let's be honest here, Fei/Yun in AE are no where near as scary as Chun/Yun in 3S.

I think this depends on what game you know better. I'm waaaaaaay better at 3s, Chun/Yun don't bother me at all (since its so rare that someone is good with them). In SF4, Fei seems like a "win button".

alstein

26thletter said:
I think this depends on what game you know better. I'm waaaaaaay better at 3s, Chun/Yun don't bother me at all (since its so rare that someone is good with them). In SF4, Fei seems like a "win button".

When you're much better then the other player- the tier list becomes a lot less important.

26thletter said:

Chun is easy to play aswell. While Yun really requires some skill ;) Chun's normals und SA2 is just too good. Doesn't mean you will autowin.

dwu8991

Banned
Grokbu said:
If it ends up annoying a lot of people. Couldn't someone create a "Street Fighter 3: 3S Garbage comparison thread" similar to that BF3/MW3 thread?

Yes, do it !!!
I know as soon as I play it, I'm gonna find something to bitch about.

Grokbu

dwu8991 said:
Yes, do it !!!
I know as soon as I play it, I'm gonna find something to bitch about.
Would if I could. I'm a junior. :(

EDIT: Realized that maybe you didn't direct that to me. Derp.

Gonna be picking this up even though I have zero experience with SF3. Recently have dropped a ton of hours into SF4 and MvC3 so we'll see how it goes. Fighting game resurgence ftw.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
yay best fighter 3 is this week. Almost forgot since I was still playing it via ggpo and Anni Collection.

edit: note for those playing this for the first time: this game will fuck with your timing.

Grokbu

entrement said:
There's already a Garou vs. 3s thread. Search.
Oh, didn't know that existed. That thread is for comparing it to Garou, though. So perhaps it's best to make a new one anyway?

EDIT: I suck at searching. There already is one. v_v

I have to ask the obligatory pad warrior question:

Hows the combo system? Strict as hell timing for some bnbs like SF4 links or more forgiving?

Skilletor

Sir Garbageman said:
I have to ask the obligatory pad warrior question:

Hows the combo system? Strict as hell timing for some bnbs like SF4 links or more forgiving?

Much more lenient. There aren't very many links in 3s.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
jobber said:
yay best fighter 3 is this week. Almost forgot since I was still playing it via ggpo and Anni Collection.

edit: note for those playing this for the first time: this game will fuck with your timing.
You are in for a rude awakening!!! :lol Those nostalgia glasses are gonna come off!! and and and.... ahh ok I give up. Cant wait about 1 more day!!! I'm hype :D

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
On the eve of 3rd Strike's release, let us toast to another eleven years of awesomeness! If you think I'm lying, check the definitive channel for 3S action, TheShend. Latest upload are East vs. West on 8/11/11. =D

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
QisTopTier said:
You are in for a rude awakening!!! :lol Those nostalgia glasses are gonna come off!! and and and.... ahh ok I give up. Cant wait about 1 more day!!! I'm hype :D

I've been playing 3s for years and I'm sure I was involved in one of the final Anni Edition online matches over xbl.

Tomorrow shall be the feast of the slaughter of online MvC and AE players getting blown up by random Twelve players. If it was any day that you could rank on the leaderboards, tomorrow is that day.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
jobber said:
Tomorrow shall be the feast of the slaughter of online MvC and AE players getting blown up by random Twelve players.

woohoo!

and what the hell at my dash>gigas being so inconsistent facing left but mad reliable facing right. bah. and still shitty timing with Q dash punch juggles. sigh. oh well, tomorrow i'll get all the real practice i could ask for.

ShaneB

SolarKnight said:
I think she means it hasn't aged well, and I'd disagree if that was it, but, you know, opinions *shrugs*

Yeah, that was my assumption as well, but it's just an odd thing to say about 3S. Know people can have complaints about 3S, but saying it hasn't aged well just seems a bit strange, given how well it has aged!

Degen

ShaneB said:
Yeah, that was my assumption as well, but it's just an odd thing to say about 3S. Know people can have complaints about 3S, but saying it hasn't aged well just seems a bit strange, given how well it has aged!
Could be referring to the fact that this is the "Easy Mode" generation

Kioshen

Only full retail games get platinium trophies if I recall correctly. It's the same as the 200 e-peen points limits in XBLA games.

Kioshen said:
Only full retail games get platinium trophies if I recall correctly. It's the same as the 200 e-peen points limits in XBLA games.
Actually, there are plenty of DD titles that have platinums.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Good time to let people know my PS3 broke last week

*sigh*

Oh well, I'll have another one in a little while, so add me. I will play the living hell out of this

PSN: Xavipants

I play Chun Li, Ibuki, Makoto, Dudley ...

26thletter said:

Win button? Come on man. It can't be that you got outplayed huh? Preposterous.

Plus you reasoning for 3s is because you don't play good Chuns/Yuns?

I wish I had a Chris Berman come on man gif.

Skilletor

FindMyFarms said:
I like 3s, but when people start spreading nonsense about how it's the end all be all, so much depth, blah blah blah, other games like sf4 are scrubby, I gotta step in and dispel these myths :p It's a super fun game in and of itself though, but being good at it doesn't mean you're any better than a sf4 player that commits to his game.

Testify!

Kimosabae

Banned
Farms, which game do you consider yourself better at?

FindMyFarms said:
I like 3s, but when people start spreading nonsense about how it's the end all be all, so much depth, blah blah blah, other games like sf4 are scrubby, I gotta step in and dispel these myths :p It's a super fun game in and of itself though, but being good at it doesn't mean you're any better than a sf4 player that commits to his game.

Why do you keep regurgitating this? Who are you responding to?

I want a hype thread. Not a, "uh no guys this game isn't awesome, it's ok, there's a lot of things wrong with it, this other game is much better" thread.

The last few pages have been real bummers.

Kimosabae

Banned
I also really wish people would stop bitching about comparative conversations. There's nothing to talk about as the game hasn't been released yet, and Third Strike doesn't exist in a vacuum. No one's shitting on anything, or claiming "my game is better" in here, only a few fragile minded people decided they wanted to interpret the conversation that way and bitch about it. That's what's REALLY derailing the thread.

notworksafe

Kadey said:
Some games are meant for their time. I personally feel Third Strike is one of them.
Some would have said that about SF2, but 4 got made as a clone of it anyway. Luckily 3S is back with dat innovation!

Also has my favorite SF lady!

WZWyvl.jpg

EDIT: I should add that I'm a fan of 3 and 4 and enjoy both for their differences. Same reason I love HF and ST. All the SF games are unique and fun in their own ways.

oracrest

Some Avatars up for grabs. I will make more soon. If there are any character/color scheme requests, I will try and accommodate...

3rdstrike01.png

Gonna pick this up tomorrow, and my body is ready... to get bodied. Who's setting up the PSN Chat?
PSN: the_log_ride

My prior experience with 3s was neglible, so I'm going into this as an empty cup. Somebody direct me on picking up Necro.

Top Bottom