• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition |OT| Let's fight like gentlemen!

Vespa

V_Arnold said:
Was I wrong assuming that he meant online? Damn :(
Guy I spoke to, who I think was staff, said it was the same for online.

slopeslider said:
There are some misspellings in the OP posts
Post the errors and I shall fix them (This will earn you my gratitude and a thanks in the OP :)

Vespa said:
Guy I spoke to, who I think was staff, said it was the same for online.

Post the errors and I shall fix them (This will earn you my gratitude and a thanks in the OP :)
Nothing major, just some really small things

All instances of "Hadu" Should be changed to Hadou

Yoroi Otoshi > Yoroi Toshi/Doushi

Seichu-sen Gou-dan zaki>Seichusen Godanzuki

Ken

Vespa said:
Post the errors and I shall fix them
Non the less the game is fun and exciting, and now that it's available in digital download format, many can experience this classic gem.

Very minor.

Awesome OT though; gave me some good tips as a newcomer to 3S. SSFIV was my first fighting game I tried to seriously pick up, and I look forward to trying out 3S for the first time.

hiro4

slopeslider said:
Yoroi Otoshi < Yoroi Toshi/Doushi
While I hate to point outmistakes made my writing Japanese phonetically since there are a number of "correct" ways, I would say this one is correct.

I assume it is &#37799;&#33853;&#12392;&#12375; in Japanese. So yoroi otoshi would be correct. Unless the Japanese word is something different. Then I have said nothing.

Btw, this wasn't the reason to post in this topic.
I have a question what is a good choice for a ps3 arcade stick for an arcadestick amateur? I would like something below 100 bucks but still with the options to switch out buttons and a good build quality.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Two more days. Turning back on my gold membership tonight. Also have to change my avatar quote from the Hakan reference to something Hugo.

Edit: hiro, go for the madcatz SE stick. Solid enough as is and very easy to mod/improve.

hiro4

bob_arctor said:
Two more days. Turning back on my gold membership tonight. Also have to change my avatar quote from the Hakan reference to something Hugo.

Edit: hiro, go for the madcatz SE stick. Solid enough as is and very easy to mod/improve.
Thanks! I'll look into it then!
There are too many choices out there to make a good choice without spending days with research :)

vulva

hiro4 said:
Thanks! I'll look into it then!
There are too many choices out there to make a good choice without spending days with research :)
it's not the prettiest, but if you can get the brawlstars stick, it's also very good. You can always edit the art after anyways ;p

g35twinturbo said:
I'm a controller guy but I can play with both ;)
Same here. I grew up on a d-pad but actually was forced to use a stick because I played SF4 so much that I injured my thumb at the base joint, thanks to the charge characters like Guile and Blanka. I pretty much had to relearn how to play Street Fighter.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Dark Octave said:
Same here. I grew up on a d-pad but actually was forced to use a stick because I played SF4 so much that I injured my thumb at the base joint, thanks to the charge characters like Guile and Blanka. I pretty much had to relearn how to play Street Fighter.
Haha, welcome to the club, except for me it was my right thumb and the MMX series. I was pretty much forced to learn stick after that.

hiro4 said:
While I hate to point outmistakes made my writing Japanese phonetically since there are a number of "correct" ways, I would say this one is correct.

I assume it is &#37799;&#33853;&#12392;&#12375; in Japanese. So yoroi otoshi would be correct. Unless the Japanese word is something different. Then I have said nothing.

Btw, this wasn't the reason to post in this topic.
I have a question what is a good choice for a ps3 arcade stick for an arcadestick amateur? I would like something below 100 bucks but still with the options to switch out buttons and a good build quality.
Yoroitoshi in English roughly translates to "Armor Piercer" and is also the name of a Japanese dagger used for just that purpose.
But like I said, it was small nitpicks.

ShaneB

neptunes said:
Is it safe to assume most of you are going to use fighting sticks?

I honestly assume at this point that more people are using sticks than pads. I mean they're still pricey sure, but they're so easy to get.

Filth

Is it wierd that I love using a stick and I'm pretty decent at playing with one but I grew up playing this game with the ps2 controller and I can't get a rythem using a stick with ggpo. Hopefully it will click soon.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Philooch said:
Is it wierd that I love using a stick and I'm pretty decent at playing with one but I grew up playing this game with the ps2 controller and I can't get a rythem using a stick with ggpo. Hopefully it will click soon.
Try offline. The way GGPO was implemented on PC made it eat inputs sometimes.

STG

neptunes said:
Is it safe to assume most of you are going to use fighting sticks?
I will use my old Ps2 Fightpad via USB adapter

sfpadakuma9j70.jpg

I also have an PS2 arcade stick but it's the NeoGeo rebuild thing so only 4 buttons are really use able and the others are too small

planing to buy a Ps3 fightstick but those are still pretty expensive :I

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
the sega usb gamepads that popped up on ebay on and off back in the SF4 vanilla days are great. Still rock mine.

legbone

Brobzoid said:
the sega usb gamepads that popped up on ebay on and off back in the SF4 vanilla days are great. Still rock mine.

that's what i use also. great pad. i love using a stick but i play best using a pad and this pad is the best right now in my opinion.

Brobzoid said:

Is there anywhere in the UK where you could get one of these, you reckon? There's a few on some websites I've never heard of but nothing that looks quite legit.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
MarshMellow96 said:
Is there anywhere in the UK where you could get one of these, you reckon? There's a few on some websites I've never heard of but nothing that looks quite legit.
dunno, I bought mine off of ebay and I live in Norway. don't think I got murdered on shipping either. if you find a dodgy looking site that takes paypal - wouldn't it be alright to risk it?

Brobzoid said:
dunno, I bought mine off of ebay and I live in Norway. don't think I got murdered on shipping either. if you find a dodgy looking site that takes paypal - wouldn't it be alright to risk it?

They seem to be a little.. too cheap, though. Like £10. I know it's not much, but I'd rather not risk it.

hypernima

Banned
legbone said:
that's what i use also. great pad. i love using a stick but i play best using a pad and this pad is the best right now in my opinion.

Any specific name for it? i'd love to grab one.

ShaneB

Snapshot King said:
So I can just toss my GT in here and the OP will update it? That's super.

PSN: SnapshotKing
XBL: Snapshot King

To make things even simpler, just add the xbl gamertag GAF 3S, and use the friends of friend feature to see everyone else that added that tag. Keeping track of one tag is easier :)

Imm0rt4l

Flash Metroid said:
In 5 days all idiots who say "SF4 is too random", "SF4 is unbalanced its about the Twins/Fei", "anyone can play SF4 its too easy" will know what a real shitty game feels like when 3SO Vegas Edition comes out
hmmmm

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Skilletor said:
Before SF4, SF3 was considered by many easy mode SF.
I never understood this. If this is true why are the really dominate stand out players so rare compared to most other fighters even when it was big and no not anyone can play 3s compared to freaking sf2 or sf4. The biggest complaint was that it wasn't accessible to new players. Complaining about lack of fireballs is the most hilarious shit ever as far as I'm concerned. Then again I'm a huge fan of GG and projectiles are not a strong point in that game either. But most of this is only an opinion of mine so ya of course others won't like it cause of the same reasons.

El Sloth said:
There will definitely be a lot of shattered nostalgia goggles, that's for sure.

IDK it seems like the people that are the most excited about the game are the ones that still play it off and on regularly.

Skilletor

QisTopTier said:
I never understood this. If this is true why are the really dominate stand out players so rare compared to most other fighters even when it was big and no not anyone can play 3s compared to freaking sf2 or sf4.

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

It seems like you're trying to say that anybody can play SF2 or 4 which is lol.

But just because a game is easy doesn't mean it requires no skill.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Skilletor said:
I don't understand what you're trying to say.
I'm saying outside retarded chun-li stuff. 3s in general is harder. It's one of the easiest fighting games out to get shutdown on completely with no chance of being able to do shit even from an high level player vs slightly higher level player.

It also can really rest the mental strength of players when your shit is getting negated left and right. Most people just start to eventually break.

You can't really compare it to sf2 or sf4 cause the mindset and style of the game isn't the same. But saying it's easy is honestly completely stupid as hell. Honestly if chun wasn't in the damn game half the bitching about how lame the damn game is wouldn't exist, but oh well.

Edit:
No I was saying the barrier for entry and advancement in the game are way higher for the other two

Kimosabae

Banned
QisTopTier said:
IDK it seems like the people that are the most excited about the game are the ones that still play it off and on regularly.

Yup.

Buying this purely to show support for the effort. It'll be a miracle if I actually get into it.

Skilletor

QisTopTier said:
I'm saying outside retarded chun-li stuff. 3s in general is harder. It's one of the easiest fighting games out to get shutdown on completely with no chance of being able to do shit even from an high level player vs slightly higher level player.

It also can really rest the mental strength of players when your shit is getting negated left and right. Most people just start to eventually break.

You can't really compare it to sf2 or sf4 cause the mindset and style of the game isn't the same. But saying it's easy is honestly completely stupid as hell. Honestly if chun wasn't in the damn game half the bitching about how lame the damn game is wouldn't exist, but oh well.

Not true at all.

If Chun wasn't in the game, Yun would still be dumb. And then Ken. Get rid of them and Makoto would be stupid.

As for the rest, that's your opinion and you're welcome to it.

Edit: ugh, sorry, used a word I shouldn't have. Been on the internet too much. :(

Top Bottom