• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElFly

So a unique mechanic is reason for it to not exist? No one else has it because that's how you make different characters. No one else has poison, hell, no one has for the entire series. Should we remove them from FANG?

Poison doesn't make the opponent stumble slowly across the screen and back while Fang backdashes for no reason so you are wrong.

I am mostly ok with the move, but it should only work in the corner.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I don't have the temper for this game....Must..not..break...disk.

image.php

ScribbleD

Oh now you guys are hating R.Mika.

Nash? You mean the only charterer that requires good execution in this game? His moonsault is punishable during it's start up.

I just want you to know, I don't blame you. I blame the schools. Kids these days need higher quality education.

Poison doesn't make the opponent stumble slowly across the screen and back while Fang backdashes for no reason so you are wrong.

I am mostly ok with Air SPDs, but it should only work on the ground. They take too long and Gief makes a dumb face.

I am mostly ok with Ken's H DPs, but it should only hit once. The second hit takes too long and doesn't make sense.

Dhalsim's limbs take too long to retract.

Bison's smile is annoying.

Nash shouldn't have glasses if he has to push them back up all the time.

Please don't take that personally.

But seriously, man. The backdash is positioning. If Mika DIDN'T need to backdash to screen bounce at mid? I'd honestly agree with you. But it's that one input that makes it even SLIGHTLY tricky to use. Is it because it reminds you it's a game? The screen edge taking a physical property?

Laura's CA uses the screen the same way and it's boss as hell!

Why do people backdash out of the F-MP grab? I go into F-HP-EX Airplane usually, at least when I have them close enough to the corner to get a bounce back.

EDIT: Post above me answered my question - didn't know you could get a bounce back at mid-screen, going to have to practice that now to get more annoying!

Im aware its blockable but itsnot that unsafe

It's pretty unsafe if you go for the follow-up grab after a blocked initial hit. The initial block isn't that unsafe, but if you're playing against people like me who auto go into the grab trying to do the combo, it leaves Mika pretty open.

Coda

It is basically all Zangief has :(

It looks dumb cause nobody else has a hit with that kind of effect of making the opponent stumble to the corner and back; besides it requires Mika to backdash which looks really stupid.

It is undeniable pace killing too

It may look a bit off because it's worked into Street Fighter but if you watch pro wrestling or have you'd at least know that she's basically running back to the ropes for a clothesline or whatever.

Why do people backdash out of the F-MP grab? I go into F-HP-EX Airplane usually, at least when I have them close enough to the corner to get a bounce back.

EDIT: Post above me answered my question - didn't know you could get a bounce back at mid-screen, going to have to practice that now to get more annoying!

It's pretty unsafe if you go for the follow-up grab after a blocked initial hit. The initial block isn't that unsafe, but if you're playing against people like me who auto go into the grab trying to do the combo, it leaves Mika pretty open.

Edit: Didn't see your edit!

ElFly

I am mostly ok with Air SPDs, but it should only work on the ground. They take too long and Gief makes a dumb face.

I am mostly ok with Ken's H DPs, but it should only hit once. The second hit takes too long and doesn't make sense.

Dhalsim's limbs take too long to retract.

Bison's smile is annoying.

Nash shouldn't have glasses if he has to push them back up all the time.

But seriously, man. The backdash is positioning. If Mika DIDN'T need to backdash to screen bounce at mid? I'd honestly agree with you. But it's that one input that makes it even SLIGHTLY tricky to use. Is it because it reminds you it's a game? The screen edge taking a physical property?

Laura's CA uses the screen the same way and it's boss as hell!

Laura's CA is def not boss.

But that's mostly her voice.

Baleoce

Random, but if you dizzy someone as Birdie, and that player had a sliver of life left, is there enough time to retreat across screen and start his idle timer, so that if they rushed in afterwards you could finish them with the bogey flick? xD

Protann

Any Laura mains in here? I've just gotten to Super Bronze using mostly her, but have a question- What should I do to people when I knock them down? Usually I do HP Charged fireball -> crossup air MK -> 2 crouching jabs -> EX Command throw or dash forward-> regular throw. If they're in the corner on wakeup, I usually do charged HP fireball and hope they jump so I can do her air grab. Any more optimal strategies for an opponent's wakeup? Thanks.

Vahagn

Any Laura mains in here? I've just gotten to Super Bronze using mostly her, but have a question- What should I do to people when I knock them down? Usually I do HP Charged fireball -> crossup air MK -> 2 crouching jabs -> EX Command throw or dash forward-> regular throw. If they're in the corner on wakeup, I usually do charged HP fireball and hope they jump so I can do her air grab. Any more optimal strategies for an opponent's wakeup? Thanks.

Me. Play me, let me see what you're doing.

Ezioagahva

I'll play, what's your id?

lmfao i want to see you say this with a straight face

EzioAgahva

Sheroking

The only thing I actually dislike about Mika's design, as far as balance goes, is her ability to dash up after a successful v-reversal. Too low-risk/high-reward for a character who wins big with good positioning and loses by her inability to get in.

It's basically no real resources for a good defensive option that also gets her in.

Where do I turn off auto accept/confirm for matches?

Just press options and change battle confirmation to Ask.

Super Bronze here (can't seem to get back to Ultra for some reason. Everybody became EVO status FGC overnight and forgot to tell me) just beat a Silver R-Mika in a best of 3.

I absolutely HATE this character and EVERYBODY uses her.

Just thought I'd share that as I come back down.

Hex

Banned
Thanks.
Someone said that low bars still slip in due to bugs, so I am going to look at bars for my next two matches.
Every match in the past hour has had massive lag pockets

Baleoce

Where do I turn off auto accept for matches?

If you're in the main menu, press start. if you're in training mode or survival etc. press start then go down to "Network Match Fight Request Settings".

Scroll down near the bottom and it should have a field called "Battle Confirmation". By default it's set to Automatic. Push it one to the left and it changed to "Ask". Then Apply Settings.

Alucrid

Banned
Thanks.
Someone said that low bars still slip in due to bugs, so I am going to look at bars for my next two matches.
Every match in the past hour has had massive lag pockets

yeah i had a match like that earlier and i've been getting 40002s like mad seconds after accepting the fight request tonight

Super Bronze here (can't seem to get back to Ultra for some reason. Everybody became EVO status FGC overnight and forgot to tell me) just beat a Silver R-Mika in a best of 3.

I absolutely HATE this character and EVERYBODY uses her.

Just thought I'd share that as I come back down.

I've been playing as Mika and so far pretty much the only character I haven't played against is another Mika. I guess I also haven't seen a FANG in the wild yet either, but everyone else I've fought against I believe. Weird.

First rq of today, some 660 Ryu from Turkey. Think he was the rq I met s few weeks ago too.. And worst is he even won against me the match before.

Sucks to be a honest man sometimes..

Alucrid

Banned
oh cool, 100 ranked wins. now to stop playing in the ranked cess pool until a fix. on the plus side, i at least have a 34%+ win rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom