• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vex_

Banned
On the subject of AAs, is there a place where I can find out info on invul frames?

I ask this because I wanted to research all the different AAs in the game and I am hearing conflicting information.

For example: "only MP shoryukens is invincible"

But:

eventhubs said:
Light Punch Shoryuken – Comes out the fastest; 3 frame startup and recover the fastest. The 1 - 3 frames are invincible on lower body and throw invincible. The LP SRK can be used for anti-low attacks reversal. It has no upper body invincible so, if you try to use it as anti-air, it will most likely trade or be stuffed.

Medium Punch Shoryuken – Now this version will be Ryu’s go to anti-air option. However, MP SRK is a 4 frame start up but, 1 – 6 frames are completely invincible and Ryu will be airborne on the 6 frame as well. This will be your go to option for anti-airing Ryu’s opponents.

Heavy Punch Shoryuken – The damage combo ender finisher. So this move does have invincibility; on the first 3 frames. And then the frames 4 – 7 lower body and throw invincible. So you mainly want to use this as a combo finish because HP SRK is a 5 frame start up and because it’s only invincible only the first 3 frames and starts up on the 5 frame, there’s a good chance that the HP SRK will trade or get stuffed.

Wut? Also want to know Cammy's and necalli's data. Particularly on a frame by frame basis.

ElFly

I regularly trade a crouched jab with Ken's fierce shoryu, so I kind of doubt it is invincible?

It's a bad trade tho. He gets hella position.

Yeah, we went back and forth for the last 6 or 7 games but your early lead pulled through.

Good luck at final round man. I guess the only tip I could give is to avoid using air tatsu in the corner. It doesn't seem like a reliable escape option.

I got away with it for a while, but we played two very long sets so eventually you were able to tinker with your buttons to see what works.The tournament is 2/3 so maybe my opponent won't be able to adjust that quickly. The other thing is that I was hoping you would try to anti air me, but you didn't in a lot of those situations which got me punished. But anyways it can definitely get me out of the corner, I just have to be closer to you when I do it. Right now I'm using it at bad ranges because I'm desperate to get out of the corner.

SlimXx

Zackat

I just got matched against someone in SUPER GOLD and I am in ULTRA BRONZE. I appreciate the replay of me getting by butt whooped to see what to do, but wat is dis.

xCobalt

On the subject of AAs, is there a place where I can find out info on invul frames?

I ask this because I wanted to research all the different AAs in the game and I am hearing conflicting information.

But:

Wut? Also want to know Cammy's and necalli's data. Particularly on a frame by frame basis.

Only fully invincible dps are reliable meaning they are invincible for the entire startup. In Ryu's case, if his fierce dp is 5 frame startup but with only 3 frames of invincibility, he will likely get stuffed for the remaining 2.

I got away with it for a while, but we played two very long sets so eventually you were able to tinker with your buttons to see what works.The tournament is 2/3 so maybe my opponent won't be able to adjust that quickly. The other thing is that I was hoping you would try to anti air me, but you didn't in a lot of those situations which got me punished. But anyways it can definitely get me out of the corner, I just have to be closer to you when I do it. Right now I'm using it at bad ranges because I'm desperate to get out of the corner.

I'm bad at anti airing in general haha.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I would consider double-dipping, but I'll be DARNED if I have to do all this survival mode progress all over again.

TdmTcdoN3egaQ.gif

LegendX48

holy cow, I had no idea that when vega dives in on you after jumping off the wall, Laura's heavy bolt can catch him O.O

weird hitbox though, it hits behind Laura's head but works

Spman2099

I need some help, guys. When is it okay to turn off the PS4 after a match? I am constantly pushing my lunch break, and I have come up against this problem a couple of times. Am I in the clear if I quit out after the final hit? I usually just wait until the stats pop up and then shut it down, but today I was pushing the boundaries (I only made it by the skin of my teeth). When is it okay to quit?

Hex

Banned
The most relaxing and therapeutic thing I can think of right now is taking my stick and smashing it over and over against the wall.
I think it is time for me to give it a break for the night.

Vice

But:

If you have a smart phone look for the app V Frames.

SmokeMaxX

I am free to Nash as Birdie. I don't know when I can push a button. I guess I need to lab it up, but any suggestions on where to start?
A lot of us Birdies think that Nash is his hardest matchup at this point in the game. Nash doesn't really care what you do, he's gonna do his thing anyway. Also his overhead is super hard to punish online. My best advice is to knock him down and then try to rack up as much damage as you can off of that one knockdown because as soon as he gets away, it's another 20 seconds of slowly walking him to the corner and trying to get him to make a mistake. Technically forward heavy punch with armor is pretty good against a lot of Nash stuff (beats all moonsaults incl. going under the ex one for a full punish with proper spacing; beats spinning backfist; can beat booms at right range) but spamming it will get you absolutely wrecked. You should be able to counter moonsaults on reaction with various things (st. jab, cr. mp, jump back roundhouse as some examples) but it's hard for me online. I've seen Coach Steve use down forward heavy punch against Nash but I'm not really good with that move right now so I can't tell you how to use it lol.

SFV-GAF I BEG YOUR HELP

Bronze Rashid. Trying to get to Silver, trying to pick up my fundamentals. Dunno what to do.

http://www.twitch.tv/disastersaurus/v/55090368

This here's two 3-sets against a Silver Cammy. TLDR: Lost the first set, won the second one narrowly.

This is me playing at my absolute best. That's why I want to show it being torn apart, because if I play worse than this, I can usually analyze exactly what I did wrong, whereas here I know I kept making mistakes, but it's hard to analyze them.

If any of you feel up to check these out and give me some advice, in general or for Rashid, I'd be super grateful.

SOUND WARNING; I had a lot going on, including a very loud dog and a touch of personal salt, so you might wanna keep sound low. Apologies, but this was the only SFV footage I've got from tonight, didn't think to stream.

And yes, f-list tabs. I dunno if you guys know what it is, but eh, judge away. Got a lot of old RP buddies on there.

AlexIIDX

The most relaxing and therapeutic thing I can think of right now is taking my stick and smashing it over and over against the wall.
I think it is time for me to give it a break for the night.

I curb stomped mine the other day and I can no longer walk backwards. Sometimes ya gotta.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
SFV-GAF I BEG YOUR HELP

Bronze Rashid. Trying to get to Silver, trying to pick up my fundamentals. Dunno what to do.

http://www.twitch.tv/disastersaurus/v/55090368

This here's two 3-sets against a Silver Cammy. TLDR: Lost the first set, won the second one narrowly.

This is me playing at my absolute best. That's why I want to show it being torn apart, because if I play worse than this, I can usually analyze exactly what I did wrong, whereas here I know I kept making mistakes, but it's hard to analyze them.

If any of you feel up to check these out and give me some advice, in general or for Rashid, I'd be super grateful.

SOUND WARNING; I had a lot going on, including a very loud dog and a touch of personal salt, so you might wanna keep sound low. Apologies, but this was the only SFV footage I've got from tonight, didn't think to stream.

The only advice I can give is to use eagle spikes from long range since they're pretty safe for chip damage, grab more, and don't stand next to cammy after a a knockdown.

The only advice I can give is to use eagle spikes from long range since they're pretty safe for chip damage, grab more, and don't stand next to cammy after a a knockdown.

Thanks! I didn't know Cammy was so unsafe to camp while knocked down, I bet that'll help a lot. As for long-range spikes, I thought they were unsafe, unless you mean the running one?

LegendX48

I curb stomped mine the other day and I can no longer walk backwards. Sometimes ya gotta.

this is why I'm glad I have a punching bag in my backyard lol

although I still do chuck my stick at the ground sometimes >.> Very glad that my SFxT stick is super durable. I try not to throw my hori rap4 though, I don't want to test how durable that one is lol

SlimXx

Oh so it is invincible but doesn't hit.

Right, Ken's fierce DP is invincible for the first 3 frames, but doesn't hit until frame 4, when it also loses its invincibility (though is still throw invincible). That's why it can trade with normals if they are still overlapping Ken on frame 4.

hitsugi

Any idea how to transfer your CFN name across PCs? The way it's currently working seems like a pretty bad implementation. I just upgraded an older PC, and want to use it for SF5 (instead of constantly having to run a 25ft HDMI cable as well as USB extensions to where my actual PC monitor is). It handles the game just fine. Except my CFN is now "---" and I can't seem to change it.

I think your name is connected to your steam account..? And likewise with PS4 being connected to your PSN ID.. No way of changing that without buying the game again with a separate steam or PSN ID....

...I would love to be wrong about this.

vocab

SFV-GAF I BEG YOUR HELP

AA are weak.
Eagle spike use is predictable. (Back dash back dash eagle spike).
You did a lot of point blank neutral jump ins giving cammy enough time to dp.
You use f.mp a lot, which is alright, but it's -2 on block. You give up your turn a lot.
No crush counter attempts or even ex tornado pressure + vskill roll to push them into the corner.
Barely any throw attempts.
No punishes on very unsafe safe moves.

The biggest problem right now is that you don't know how to generate offense, don't have much mix up, and your defense is lacking. You are depending too much on the gimmick aspect of him. Learn to punish. Rashid is one of the best characters in the game to get your opponent in the corner with. My recommendation is to watch some alex valle or lamer boi matches and just watch how the generate offense. You will probably see a bunch of matches where they steam roll the opponent, and that's because they are suffocating their opponents in the corner.

Also, learn how to incorporate jabs, standing medium punch, and crossups into your game.

I think I am going to put a heavy bag down in the garage for nights like this lol

No joke, I actually have a reflex bag right in my damn room. On every particularly frustrating loss, I reach over and give it a nice bop. Other day, I noticed I bent the bar of it, so atleast all this grinding is getting me better at something lol.

NO

When Alex is announced, you won't have to look it will be talked about on every page for at least half of the page

Long work days, I miss well more than a page between visits, but I suppose there would be a new thread or something to tip me off.

SephLuis

Don't bring up Karin and the word complex in the same breath. She's kinda flowchart. Quarter circle back and kick, sip soda while waiting for "combo" to finish, pop super.

Her BnBs ? Sure.

But she still has other combos that are difficult to execute properly, especially those that depend on her dash -> palm in the strongest version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom