• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally remembered to Vreversal out of a super chip out attempt by Karin.

Then I lost after dropping mika's bnb combo.

I'm an emotional wreck.
100 hours of play time on the books between retail and the betas and I've never done a V-reversal. I just heard they exist a week or two ago and I have absolutely no idea how to do one.

Zissou

100 hours of play time on the books between retail and the betas and I've never done a V-reversal. I just heard they exist a week or two ago and I have absolutely no idea how to do one.

Press forward plus all 3 punches or kicks (depending on your character) while blocking. They're really useful.

qcf x2

holy shit lmao

both Karin and myself (Mika) were on a sliver of HP

Karin activated her super

I activated my V trigger

I get hit by Karin's super... get into the second hit of her activation, so I'm locked in

Nadeshiko knocks out Karin

fucking amazing lol

This is why I'm for Capcom removing the mid screen wallbounce. She'll be fine without it, her V-Trigger is insane. It's also a free anti air for those close and late situations.

This is why I'm for Capcom removing the mid screen wallbounce. She'll be fine without it, her V-Trigger is insane. It's also a free anti air for those close and late situations.
how dare you... please take your DISGUSTING suggestions out of this thread and leave my character ALONE

Celcius

°Temp. member
Throws are my bread and butter haha.
I especially like playing against someone impatient and who tries to rush me down. I just stay calm, wait until they attack with something that's going to leave them wide open afterwards, and then I go to town haha. Sometime I'll run at someone and jump towards them, but land without attacking and then since I know they're blocking and expecting the attack I just throw them haha.

Throws are my bread and butter haha.
I especially like playing against someone impatient and who tries to rush me down. I just stay calm, wait until they attack with something that's going to leave them wide open afterwards, and then I go to town haha. Sometime I'll run at someone and jump towards them, but land without attacking and then since I know they're blocking and expecting the attack I just throw them haha.

I played a Ryu yesterday who would parry everything so I started doing this. I could tell it messed him up mentally. An old tactic from the Street Fighter II days.

They already removed it in one of the beta, and reinstate it in the following build. Which means to me that it's too much of a nerf. Her st mk and cr mk was also nerfed.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
holy shit lmao

both Karin and myself (Mika) were on a sliver of HP

Karin activated her super

I activated my V trigger

I get hit by Karin's super... get into the second hit of her activation, so I'm locked in

Nadeshiko knocks out Karin

fucking amazing lol
I think it's super weird how her assist can come out while Mika is getting hit by a combo. It's kind of stuid, honestly. Has anything like that ever existed in a Street Fighter?

explodet

hf_blanka2.png

Crap.

It's not just about "balance".

There are ways to balance characters without removing options.

Removing mid-screen wall bounce simply makes Mika less interesting, plain and simple. And, that doesn't help the game. Even for people who don't use Mika.

And, why don't we at least wait until there's an actual Mika epidemic before calling for nerfs? She's won ONE tourney. So has half the cast.

I think it's super weird how her assist can come out while Mika is getting hit by a combo. It's kind of stuid, honestly. Has anything like that ever existed in a Street Fighter?

Sure. Any slow or delayed independent hit box can still hit you when after you attack the caster. Oro's Booger super, Urien's Aegis, etc.
And, this type of thing is definitely not new to the FG genre as a whole. Faust's meteors, for example...

Hex

Banned
SO fucking salty.
Went on a 9-0 streak, starting to feel good and flow and then hit the laggiest dripping fuckhole possible who somehow had no issues moving while I was in stop motion mode.
Next match same thing.
First one was PS4, second was PC.
I have been doing 4-5 bars, now I am not going for less than 5. Fuck it.

LegendX48

Hey, Vahagn, tried that mix up you suggested last night in training and that damage and stun is pretty sweet. Trying to put it into play in a real match.

ACE 1991

Spending $150 on a fight stick was the best way to ensure I don't give up on this game, lol. Anyone who knows a lot about this game wanna play and critique some games? I've posted replays before but this would be helpful to talk about over PSN.

my psn is edkinator91

Just had my first dose of reality. Had a really cheap Ryu get in my head and I panicked and lost a match I damn should have won. I really hate that you lose the same amount of League Points regardless of whether it's 2-0 or 2-1.

Also holy shit Karin is insane at closing in. Was at nearly full screen distance and she was suddenly all up in my grill without warning, geez.

Got a question for you guys: one of my PS4 controllers goes real funky when I play any online SFV battles. It'll just disconnect randomly, put in random inputs, etc. the weird thing is in every other game it works fine no problem. This has only happened in the SFV beta and whenever I use it playing online in the actual game. Any idea what is causing this?

Spending $150 on a fight stick was the best way to ensure I don't give up on this game, lol. Anyone who knows a lot about this game wanna play and critique some games? I've posted replays before but this would be helpful to talk about over PSN.

my psn is edkinator91

I'll try o play you if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Edit: I think we need your fight ID. I'm on PC too by the way, so it's up to you.

LegendX48

my god, Zangief is the new Bison, can't beat this dude with Laura or Cammy. Got really close with Laura but I keep choking when I unintentionally get a hit in.

Laura typically destroys Nash. Don't see too much of a problem with him. Karin, Bison, and Dhalsim are the real shitty mathchups for me.

I disagree. Nash can use his V-Skill if Laura tries to use her projectile close up and her light elbow has enough recovery that she can be CC if they try to press a button afterwards.

ElFly

Mika's grab should not work outside of the corner. It looks extremely dumb, it is slow and kills the pace of the match.

Time to step away I think - Had almost 200 LP and now I'm back down to 0 because of panicking and making stupid mistakes - lost a bunch of matches I should have won if I had kept my head clear. Need more practice, really.

(Or I'm just bad at SF, which is also possible.)

Mika's grab should not work outside of the corner. It looks extremely dumb, it is slow and kills the pace of the match.

It seems every page has this.

Serious, non-dicky question, but have you put some time into Mika in online matches? You see how hard it is to actually land that and not put yourself in an extremely punishable position, right? It's not something you can spam, at least not against someone who knows what it does.

Nothing but a Jump-In or a Crush Counter combo into it safely, so if you get thrown, it was a blockable scenario. Mid-Screen is integral, they gave it back for a reason. But nothing will convince you of that.

However, 'it looks extremely dumb'? C'mon. Subjective and needless.

Beating people with Mika's mic toss when they're dizzy. Yay or nay?

I like your style, friend.

ElFly

Leave Mika alone

Nerf Gief purrty please. That command grab range is ridiculous

It is basically all Zangief has :(

It seems every page has this.

Serious, non-dicky question, but have you put some time into Mika in online matches? You see how hard it is to actually land that and not put yourself in an extremely punishable position, right? It's not something you can spam, at least not against someone who knows what it does.

Nothing but a Jump-In or a Crush Counter combo into it safely, so if you get thrown, it was a blockable scenario. Mid-Screen is integral, they gave it back for a reason. But nothing will convince you of that.

However, 'it looks extremely dumb'? C'mon. Subjective and needless.

It looks dumb cause nobody else has a hit with that kind of effect of making the opponent stumble to the corner and back; besides it requires Mika to backdash which looks really stupid.

It is undeniable pace killing too

Bob White

my god, Zangief is the new Bison, can't beat this dude with Laura or Cammy. Got really close with Laura but I keep choking when I unintentionally get a hit in.

With Cammy, standing roundhouse is your friend in that match up. Aim the tip of her boot where giefs standing fierce would come out.

It's still a Shit match up though.

It is basically all Zangief has :(

It looks dumb cause nobody else has a hit with that kind of effect of making the opponent stumble to the corner and back; besides it requires Mika to backdash which looks really stupid.

It is undeniable pace killing too

So a unique mechanic is reason for it to not exist? No one else has it because that's how you make different characters. No one else has poison, hell, no one has for the entire series. Should we remove them from FANG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom