• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Don't bring up Karin and the word complex in the same breath. She's kinda flowchart. Quarter circle back and kick, sip soda while waiting for "combo" to finish, pop super.

Maybe that's what you do at low levels. That shit is super unsafe. You hardly ever see top Karins doing those random overheads and QCB kicks.

AA are weak.
Eagle spike use is predictable. (Back dash back dash eagle spike).
You did a lot of point blank neutral jump ins giving cammy enough time to dp.
You use f.mp a lot, which is alright, but it's -2 on block. You give up your turn a lot.
No crush counter attempts or even ex tornado pressure + vskill roll to push them into the corner.
Barely any throw attempts.
No punishes on very unsafe safe moves.

The biggest problem right now is that you don't know how to generate offense, don't have much mix up, and your defense is lacking. You are depending too much on the gimmick aspect of him. Learn to punish. Rashid is one of the best characters in the game to get your opponent in the corner with. My recommendation is to watch some alex valle or lamer boi matches and just watch how the generate offense. You will probably see a bunch of matches where they steam roll the opponent, and that's because they are suffocating their opponents in the corner.

Also, learn how to incorporate jabs, standing medium punch, and crossups into your game.

Incredibly helpful, thank you. I'll look up those players, and try to use more normals and throws. I'm always afraid to throw, because every time I try it, I whiff hard.

Skilletor

Best fireball ever.

lol.

GGs!

I have to get to bed. We need ato do that again.

Super solid necalli. I have a lot of trouble when you manage to keep me out. I was wondering why you didn't combo into super more. You had plenty of meter usually. You like to save it for EX?

Edzi

Ggs Skilletor, your Ryu is really good. Not too happy with my performance towards the end there since I never managed to adapt to you throwing out those DPs after my strings. Gotta work on baiting those out and reacting to throws.

Skilletor

Ggs Skilletor, your Ryu is really good. Not too happy with my performance towards the end there since I never managed to adapt to you throwing out those DPs after my strings. Gotta work on baiting those out and reacting to throws.

Yeah, you didn't punish them with crush counter stuff, so I was throwing out more than I should have.

Thanks! I feel like if I can get good with Ryu, everybody else will be easier to learn. I've been spending most of my time with him and Cammy.

Shimmy had Joel on full tilt. Watching him get bodied in the corner was hard.

I wonder just how familiar Joel is with SFV Ryu. He wasn't doing optimal combos a lot and burned tons of meter on EX fireball just throwing it out there and hoping it hits. He also wasn't using any shimmy's like the dash in dash out shimmy that every Ryu player is doing now after they saw Daigo do it. No st. jab to anti air and some other things as well. he was playing as basic as possible it seems. He's very solid so he made it to GF and got to the final game in each set in GF's despite that. But I think he could have won if he was using all of Ryu's options.

NastyBook

I wonder just how familiar Joel is with SFV Ryu. He wasn't doing optimal combos a lot and burned tons of meter on EX fireball just throwing it out there and hoping it hits. He also wasn't using any shimmy's like the dash in dash out shimmy that every Ryu player is doing now after they saw Daigo do it. No st. jab to anti air and some other things as well. he was playing as basic as possible it seems. He's very solid so he made it to GF and got to the final game in each set in GF's despite that. But I think he could have won if he was using all of Ryu's options.
He's probably still in SF4 mode, then. He had a very solid Ryu in that, and blew a couple of ppl up at the GBs every week. I honestly think once he gets the character down, he'll be a threat again.

ElFly

Man, everyone got better this week.

Last week, My struggle was to not fall from Super Bronze, and a few days I managed to stay there consistently.

This week, my struggle is to actually get to Super Bronze.

And it is not just me getting worse; I just don't get matched to the people I used to wtfpwn just by letting them jump at me anymore.

Uzzy

Got an email from Kinetiquettes about a new Chun-Li art print they're putting out. It'll look lovely next to my Juri.

Chunli_Print.jpg

Edzi

Some Super Silver scrub named RamBam couldn't handle getting demolished in a Necalli mirror match and RQ on me. This kind of stuff is so rampant in silver that it's taking me forever to get near Gold.

Skilletor

Some Super Silver scrub named RamBam couldn't handle getting demolished in a Necalli mirror match and RQ on me. This kind of stuff is so rampant in silver that it's taking me forever to get near Gold.

It's why I'm not higher rank. I'm waiting for this to get sorted out.

Edzi

lol at losing over 100 LP to a low rank Mika because of how goddamn random that character is. I won't call her good or OP or anything, but dear god do I hate that type of character. Doesn't even feel fair.

NastyBook

Just League Down'd a Super Bronze Gief. FeelsBadMan. He let me seismo the shit out of him. And I did a few unsafe Disc's Guidances that he could've 360 punished.

Gonna watch AntMan now.

Moaradin

lol at losing over 100 LP to a low rank Mika because of how goddamn random that character is. I won't call her good or OP or anything, but dear god do I hate that type of character. Doesn't even feel fair.

Mika is one of the best characters to steal your points because a lot of her gimmicks work extremely well in a best of 1 scenario. The type of stuff that would only work once but that's all you need in ranked.

DeVeAn

I have so much trouble keeping pressure. I use Ryu. I always let shit go unpunished too. I feel once I got a few combos down I'll break out of Bronze. Sometimes this gets discouraging.

I also try so hard not to get worked up but damn if that doesn't get to me. I have to take a break after 4 matches become I get so worked up. Any tips on how to keep composure?

Edzi

Mika is one of the best characters to steal your points because a lot of her gimmicks work extremely well in a best of 1 scenario. The type of stuff that would only work once but that's all you need in ranked.

Hm, good point. I need to hurry up and get to Gold so I can stop worrying about this stuff.

Btw, we need to play at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom