• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilletor

Icecold should post some vids so he can get some feedback. Really sounds like he has zero understanding or knowledge of Ryu and what he can do. So much wrong info in his posts.

yikes, that's probably not going to end up with you having much fun.

it's fair enough if you think your character has a handful of obvious flaws, but you really have to recognise their advantages too.

being ready with 15 reasons why your character shit means one of two things: either your character is genuinely shit (in a game where everyone agrees the cast are surprisingly well balanced) - or you're blaming your character for your own problems.

Change the training dummy type to uh... I can't remember. It's not dummy, cpu or player controlled. You can record up to 6 slots and then get them to play back with/without intervals.

Yeah, set the dummy to "player recorded" or something in the window with stun/counter hit etc and it can play back several moves you record.
It's actually a great way to learn a match up, since the replays are random, too.

you're the ryu and chun li of this thread

I see my boy icecold is at it again.

People laid it down real nice like as to why he was wrong and gave him pointers, but he brushed that shit right off.

The things salt can make a man say, or think.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
1VAergc.jpg

He looks absolutely stunning in-game!

Need to try all supers on him, gonna be fun.

Also I need to learn Q now =D

Hopefully the SF V community will release more of mods this soon.

Good. Lord.

Edit:. Thanks, Count!

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
While we're at top Chun-Li's: Skatan from Sweden is going to be at Final Round. He was one of the best players in Europe for a while with her in 4 but he never really traveled. Really looking forward to what he can do.

mbpm1

Icecold should post some vids so he can get some feedback. Really sounds like he has zero understanding or knowledge of Ryu and what he can do. So much wrong info in his posts.

Why should he?

Dude doesn't give a shit about feedback or improving.

While we're at top Chun-Li's: Skatan from Sweden is going to be at Final Round. He was one of the best players in Europe for a while with her in 4 but he never really traveled. Really looking forward to what he can do.

I'm really hoping the top 5 is all Chun's so the next OT title can be Chuns Among Us

KingBroly

Banned
She's REALLY strong as a character, but I feel like the matchup against Karin is almost even, so I don't have much to complain.

What I like about Chun is that she's not top tier because of gimmicky crap, she's just really strong and has solid everything. It's not because there's this one bullshit move you still didn't figure out, it's a very straightforward match, you just need to outplay her.

A good Chun player facing a higher skilled Karin player is going to lose, but it's going to be super close. If the roles are reversed, that Karin is getting destroyed. At EVO, unless they make some changes (which I've heard they're not until this year's CPT is over) it's gonna be Chun heavy.

hamchan

I really admire Daigo sticking with Ryu and being top ranked even though Ryu is the bottom tier, 16/16, last place, no reversal that can stop a cross-up, no moves that give frame advantage, worst character in the game.

She's REALLY strong as a character, but I feel like the matchup against Karin is almost even, so I don't have much to complain.

What I like about Chun is that she's not top tier because of gimmicky crap, she's just really strong and has solid everything. It's not because there's this one bullshit move you still didn't figure out, it's a very straightforward match, you just need to outplay her.
yeah I agree, I'm not really scared of anyone in the game besides Laura right in your face, or when Mika has you in the corner. Although I am having some trouble against good Ryu's if there is some lag. That's not a match you can jump in, and I have to walk forward and play footsies a lot and keep eating c.mk. Really have to use V-reversal more.

Also, maybe biased, but I feel Ken will get buffed. Too much of his stuff is negative on block IMO. But I'm sticking with my usual shoto duo, and picking up Guile next month as well. I need to get started training with Ryu actually.

mbpm1

Did Mago? I heard he has been using her.

Lots of money on the line.. no time to play these childish games b. just pick a top tier

Mago was included. I forget where I heard it, one of the FGTalk Shows.

...Funny how that's a big enough thing now that we can have like 5 of them

Whales

Banned
damn, everybody hates chun it seems : /

as a scrubby chun it makes me sad because I suck with her.

I'd considering a good dhalsim to be able to destroy any other char easily.

Gbraga

yeah I agree, I'm not really scared of anyone in the game besides Laura right in your face, or when Mika has you in the corner. Although I am having some trouble against good Ryu's if there is some lag. That's not a match you can jump in, and I have to walk forward and play footsies a lot and keep eating c.mk. Really have to use V-reversal more.

Also, maybe biased, but I feel Ken will get buffed. Too much of his stuff is negative on block IMO. But I'm sticking with my usual shoto duo, and picking up Guile next month as well. I need to get started training with Ryu actually.

I wouldn't be surprised if they buffed Ken. Weirdly enough, it's a match I have some trouble with, even if Ryu is just fine. I guess there's just not enough Ken players in my 5 bar region for me to learn the matchup. I do have a friend who's really good with him, I'll try to play a few sets against him to test some stuff.

ElFly

Ken is really good you guys, they ain't buffing him.

Maybe make his V-skill a little better but that'd be it.

edit: here's what they will do.

Buff Zangief (my main, ofc I gotta complain about him), buff Vega. Nerf Cammy just a smidge.

KingBroly

Banned
Here's what they'll do: Buff Ryu, Nerf Nash, keep Chun the same, Nerf Cammy and Buff Vega

It'll be a cold day in Hell before they buff Cammy.

Gbraga

I don't think Karin needs any buffs, but I'm hoping they won't nerf her either. She's perfect like that. Any buff would make her too strong, and any nerf would be overkill.

this happened after a long, arduous path

cheating chun got me down to like 5%. let's see how much health i am allowed to replenish on fight 100....... low health you say? yea, what a surprise. i'm used to this crap by now. now the moment ryu started his first shoryuken i thought it was gg. i didn't give a shit at this point and kept jumping for the win. i've had enough.

maybe i'll do one more hard run ;)

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Karin needs any buffs, but I'm hoping they won't nerf her either. She's perfect like that. Any buff would make her too strong, and any nerf would be overkill.
They'll probably remove her weird cr.lp reset, that looks like a bug. I wouldn't mind her anti-airs to be like the earlier betas, though.

LakeEarth

I feel like Birdie has more in common with Alex than he does Zangief. Like Alex (or at least his 3S version) he has a horizontal travelling special that can be followed up with a super, he has too many command grabs and he is an AA machine. Of course, he is different in a lot of ways too.
Birdie's closer to SF4 Honda, as he is more defensive than Alex or Abel, but I mained both those guys in their respective games and Birdie still appealed to me quick.

Made it to 3600LP, and I still haven't beaten a gold player in ranked yet. I think it's mental, I see the gold rank, I get close to winning, and I choke a combo or make a bad decision every time. It'd be funny if I made it to gold rank without ever actually beating a gold player.

Gbraga

They'll probably remove her weird cr.lp reset, that looks like a bug. I wouldn't mind her anti-airs to be like the earlier betas, though.

It does seem to be an accident, but I hope they don't.

It's not that big of a deal if they do, though. I'd be ok with that nerf.

Mupod

I feel like Bison vs Bison is the most annoying match to play in this game. I don't even know what the optimal approach is there. I guess just use more frametraps but it ends up as some kind of silly st.HK knee ballet dance and hoping the other guy is dumb enough to throw out a slide.

nah, i played 5 casual matches yesterday. 3 of those were ragequits. can't beat that!

I've never seen a quitter in ranked but I'm up to 3 in casuals. I don't understand.

ElFly

I feel like Bison vs Bison is the most annoying match to play in this game. I don't even know what the optimal approach is there. I guess just use more frametraps but it ends up as some kind of silly st.HK knee ballet dance and hoping the other guy is dumb enough to throw out a slide.

Zangief vs Zangief.

After each proves they can tick throw competently, both players back pedal to each side of the screen, too scared to go into the other's reach.

Fucking survival. Get to 30 Bison with full health and the cunt turns into Sako with perfect crossups I can't read.

Fuck survival with a hair iron. God I can't wait for the shop to release lol.

I really hope they remake classic stages for download in the shop.

Just make it payable with FM.

capcom pls

yang SF3 stage best stage

even tho its pretty much China downtown in SFV just with rain and less things

LakeEarth

Fucking survival. Get to 30 Bison with full health and the cunt turns into Sako with perfect crossups I can't read.

I highly suggest for Survival, you find a video of someone beating hard/hell with that character, and use whatever AI exploit they're using.

Mupod

I've done normal survival 3 times, first one I put my hand in the Bison blender and oh god what the fuck he just did a 45% v-trigger combo. Afterwards I stuck to cheese and stomping on his head from full screen. He's weak to crossups himself too.

But yeah, 2 successful runs on normal survival was enough for me...I'd probably actually keep doing survival if the result of failure wasn't just 'you lose, YOU GET NOTHING, good day sir'. If knew I would get some FM for failing at 45 it wouldn't be so bad.

I really hope they remake classic stages for download in the shop.

Just make it payable with FM.

capcom pls

yang SF3 stage best stage

even tho its pretty much China downtown in SFV just with rain and less things

Can you imagine THIS stage
a81b2cf05bca0064b0b2f43ad803288e.jpg

with SF5's graphics. Oh man.

EDIT: Ok can't seem to find a good image in the right size so this one will have to do.

ElFly

We've been over the stage wishing you guys.

The one to wish for is Australia grass fields

z2-sagat2.gif~original

everything else is not as important.

(gotta bring back the Sagat special arrangement for this one too)

The announced patch won't solve rage quitting.

That's for an undetermined change in the future (could be server side only, but I think it will need a little client side change).

i know it wasn't in the patch notes. i still have some hope left, because 2-3 months for a rq fix in 2016 is so.....there are no words.

Are you on Survival Normal? :/

I've been lucky in that Bison is always a lame duck for me. Nash is the real issue, and then Necalli if I don't have a boost.

which character are you using? What cheese method are you trying?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
We've been over the stage wishing you guys.

The one to wish for is Australia grass fields

z2-sagat2.gif~original

everything else is not as important.

(gotta bring back the Sagat special arrangement for this one too)
Real talk: that stage is stupid since it covers the character's feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom