• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberz1

Man i have no clue what im doing wrong with zangief. Used to be silver and I've dropped all the way down to bronze. Feels like I'm missing something crucial.

LakeEarth

Anyone else notice that http://sfv.fightinggame.community/ seemed to have stopped updating? It still says I was "last seen" 10 days ago.

I looked at it to discuss the topic of character variety. I think I am in a good position to talk about this, as I played Rashid from Rookie -> Silver, and have been playing Birdie in the Silver -> Super Silver range.

For Rookie -> Silver (100 games), as you'd expect I saw Ryu, Ken and Nash the most.

For Silver -> Super Silver (~43 games), it goes Karin, Nash and Rashid of all people. Ken is 5th, and Ryu is really low. I think Ryu low and Rashid high is just a fluke though, I know I've seen many more Ryu's since last week, and Rashid's are definitely not that common.

Alucrid

Banned
played a silver chun in casuals who kept throwing out unsafe legs and i wondered how they got there. beat them and 40002, of course. c'mon man, it's not even fucking ranked

vixlar

Everybody wants background characters at 60fps... I want them to have 2 frame animations, like soldiers in Guile SF2 stage... I'm an old man... I know...

Everybody wants background characters at 60fps... I want them to have 2 frame animations, like soldiers in Guile SF2 stage... I'm an old man... I know...
Actually I think everyone wants LESS background characters and have the ones that are there be 60fps.

The Lair of the four Kings stage is amazing but the Robot in the background with the ninja running behind him are just flat out unnecessary.

LakeEarth

I've been refreshing it occasionally to see if they've updated it, no dice.

I'd love to peek at my raw CFN data just to figure out how I've been doing lately.

It's a shame, I too would love to see how my Birdie stats have been progressing. I know my Dhalsim win rate is still at 0% though, heh.

played a silver chun in casuals who kept throwing out unsafe legs and i wondered how they got there. beat them and 40002, of course. c'mon man, it's not even fucking ranked

You think that's strange? I ran into a ultra-silver Cammy with a 6 win streak that was not good, lots of jumping without any cannon strikes, unsafe moves, etc. And then strangest of all, the Cammy DIDN'T drop! I can only think that the player gave the controller to his little brother or something.

I wrote a Dhalsim beginner's guide over at the Newbie thread a while ago, coincidentally.

Kudos to your wonderful guide here.

Whales

Banned

See, this is why we need individual LP for every character

Yesterday I went to casual with my scrubby ass secondary bison and I was getting whooped by everyone, they were probably thinking I was a ragequitter or something because I sucked ass lol

Renekton

Yesterday I went to casual with my scrubby ass secondary bison and I was getting whooped by everyone, they were probably thinking I was a ragequitter or something because I sucked ass lol
I dunno man. Daigo with a 600LP Dhalsim will make lots of bronze players quit the game.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

That Chun probably got the LP through ragequitting. No help for that.

I dunno man. Daigo with a 600LP Dhalsim will make lots of bronze players quit the game.

If they did add something like that, it'd have to be separate from LP. Maybe something like Battle Points or BP for short.

Hire me Capcpom
Since I believe some of the Capcom Cup invites are tied to the whole global ranking thing then LP can't be character specific.

Mupod

I want to practice new characters too but I guess I'm holding out for 8 player lobbies for that.

I've been doing casual matches lately and the people there are on average actually better than the ones I run into in ranked. I see a lot more randomness and flailing in ranked.

vixlar

Actually I think every wants LESS background characters and have the ones that are there be 60fps.

The Lair of the four Kings stage is amazing but the Robot in the background with the ninja running behind him are just flat out unnecessary.

That would be better. More in that stage. It would be cool just the stage, the rival and you.

BTW, I don't know why, but I hate the claps after finishing a round in New York stage.

That would be better. More in that stage. It would be cool just the stage, the rival and you.

BTW, I don't know why, but I hate the claps after finishing a round in New York stage.
Because it makes no sense. That Russian man just suplexed that Chinese woman so hard, she's actually stuck in the ground. Why are they just standing there applauding?

Though I can understand the applause when R.Mika ends with her CA.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

I've seen this reasoning several times and it doesn't make sense. Bronze players (and all players) are going to be matched with better players and lose, a lot. Daigo starting a new character with no LP and going on a streak through the lower leagues isn't any different from any other more experienced player climbing to whatever league they should be in on the corpses of total beginners.

It would be a problem if Daigo just stayed in the bronze league somehow, murdering everyone, but the whole point of the league system is that winners move up. You can't smurf indefinitely in this game, is what I'm saying. As if someone at Daigo's level would even want to. It would be boring and a waste of time.

When I started I got to 1000 LP pretty fast. I beat a lot of people who clearly didn't know much about the game yet. Should I be worried that they all quit? Because they probably didn't, at least not because of me.

joanot

Thank you Capcom for delivering the worst online experience I have ever had with a fighting game...

Everytime I boot up the game I end up frustrated as hell.. more than 45 min to get a ranked match & blattle lounges are still useless without an option to filter the search by connection quality.

I guess the online population is really low in europe, but at this pace it will be dead when capcom decides to drop the f patch.

Rant over

Xhorder

That's definitely not normal. I rarely wait longer than 2 minutes. I'm in Europe, too.

Yeah same here... max five minutes maybe, but that's early in the morning before I take off to work. In the evening match making is pretty fast.

Mr. X

I still want a no background characters option. Most of the stages are nice looking but they are littered with too much people and they are dumb looking.

FinKL

So why do people here think Ryu is bad?

Because there are an OVERWHELMING amount of mediocre Ryus. Then you think Ryu is bad, because that is what you've seen. I've never played a "bad" Dhalsim for what it's worth, and think he's pretty high tier.

Renekton

Interesting because last week I mentioned in his Stream I have a terrible matchup v.s. Mika as Bison, and he claimed it was 6-4 in Bison's favor... but this graphic shows the reverse? Unless I'm reading it wrong?
Ya it's reverse: 6-4 in Mika's favor according to Marn

ACE 1991

Because there are an OVERWHELMING amount of mediocre Ryus. Then you think Ryu is bad, because that is what you've seen. I've never played a "bad" Dhalsim for what it's worth, and think he's pretty high tier.

I'm in this camp because it's my first Street Fighter that I'm trying to take seriously. I'm thinking about maybe switching to Cammy, though.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

One guy thinks this and it's because he believes many incorrect things about the character.

Do people think he's bad? Most people would think he's 'common', which some can find annoying.

Also this. People express a lot of annoyance about fighting Ryus and Kens but that's different from thinking they're bad characters.

I feel like if you know enough to recognize that a Ryu player is bad, you should also know enough not to judge the character based on how a bad player plays them. But I'm sure there are exceptions.

Baleoce

Not only is Ryu always a good choice for players wanting to learn the mechanics of a game or who are just starting out, but also this iteration of Ryu is really fun to play. Shouldn't really be a surprise that there's lots of them knocking about.

mbpm1

I thought Ryu was horrible at launch and now I'm a Ryu main and wouldn't go anywhere without him

I was down about his flaws but I didn't understand how he works and is able to bypass them until I got some time with him. I also thought he was boring but he's really fun to play imo, way more than previous iterations. You always have to judge the situation and you always have an option to consider

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
...this iteration of Ryu is really fun to play. Shouldn't really be a surprise that there's lots of them knocking about.

This needs to be said over and over. Ryu, this version of him, is FUN as hell. I quit him cold turkey years ago--he was my main up until Alpha 2. But I finally went back and it's been great.

Skilletor

Everybody in this game is designed around fighting Ryu. If you're new or want to learn how to play SF, learning Ryu is an amazing way to start.

I think he's an amazing character in this. Really, really fun to play.

So far this month dealing with Capcom's shit.
XHFB9Xh.jpg

If Ryu had his Donkey Kick I'll be cool with him.

Renekton

Ryu was awesome back in Vanilla SF4 too, best enjoy Ryu now before future expansions (large updates in this case) add more tech and tools.

Kireek

Can't make it past the ultra bronze hump for the life of me. Anytime I break 1500 LP I end up on a losing streak and get knocked back down a couple hundred points. I just wanna get to silver so I can stop playing ranked lol

I have to stop playing ranked. I keep messaging rage quitters and their responses subsequently infuriate me. I can't help myself though.
The standard is the match was lagging(but you played the whole match anyway). But then you get the
"all you did was grab you dont deserve points"

"Bison's slide is cheap"

"You suck anyway"

"Lol"

This is a me problem. What do I expect from these people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom