• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whales

Banned
We've been over the stage wishing you guys.

The one to wish for is Australia grass fields

z2-sagat2.gif~original

everything else is not as important.

(gotta bring back the Sagat special arrangement for this one too)

they'd rather have ugly stages with characters that animate at 30 fps, sry

Also I need this patch, my friends got bored of SF now because we can't all join the same lobby and have fun together :/

ElFly

i know it wasn't in the patch notes. i still have some hope left, because 2-3 months for a rq fix in 2016 is so.....there are no words.

I think they are having lots of trouble with the server side, judging from the slow matchmaking in certain areas, and the weird bugs that just don't go away (getting the wrong CFN id, inability to make or join lounges, etc).

Apparently they outsourced the server side implementation, so they must be having some quite funny meetings with the other company about this.

And they probably need to do something client side to fix this, as it seems the RQ does nasty things to the victim, like taking him out of the matchmaking queue, and not uploading the replay, so coordinating a fix on both ends will prove a ton of work.

Are you on Survival Normal? :/

I've been lucky in that Bison is always a lame duck for me. Nash is the real issue, and then Necalli if I don't have a boost.

which character are you using? What cheese method are you trying?
Picked up 'Gief last night. For fights 1-25 I just cheese rush down, then for the remaining four I play turtle Gief since I have no real wakeups if the CPU goes berserk on me.

Necalli and mirror Gief aren't that bad because I can bait them out. It's Bison's nonstop crossups into EX into v-trigger that get me. Removing wakeup lariat really hurt Zangief. :|

Picked up 'Gief last night. For fights 1-25 I just cheese rush down, then for the remaining four I play turtle Gief since I have no real wakeups if the CPU goes berserk on me.

Necalli and mirror Gief aren't that bad because I can bait them out. It's Bison's nonstop crossups into EX into v-trigger that get me. Removing wakeup lariat really hurt Zangief. :|
Hmmm. I was using a video series for cheesing them on normal. I'm out of the house ATM but I'll have a look for Gief.

Edit: here, maybe this will help :) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLarAEPLVmDYPD3yV-iYjTHYnup-IF7ELU

ElFly

Real talk: that stage is stupid since it covers the character's feet.

Let's not say hurtful things

My strategy for Hard survival as Gief was: Get to Necalli full health at any cost. Then turtle him and survive with the most health possible. Then buy the Attack+ boost and turtle again and then punish the scissor kicks with whatever I could, since it will hurt anyway.

e:altho I may have beaten normal only?? don't have the ps4 at work to check :(

Ken is really good you guys, they ain't buffing him.

Maybe make his V-skill a little better but that'd be it.

edit: here's what they will do.

Buff Zangief (my main, ofc I gotta complain about him), buff Vega. Nerf Cammy just a smidge.
im not saying he's not good, I'm saying they hit him with obvious nerf sticks that I think stopped him from being too good, and some will be reversed.

Ken used to have a one frame jab, b.mp used to be zero on block, MK Tatsu used to juggle better, target combo didn't cause a KD, etc...some of this stuff makes Ken borderline broken. But why doesn't S.lk FB not combo unless it's ex? It's already easier to jump over Kens FB, they aren't safe on block or in strings, and they can be blown up if not max distance spaced. So, if you have a read, why doesn't any of his FB besides an Ex not give you a decent 2 hit combo off a light? That seems unnecessary IMO. His C.mk is also too weak. It's range is short, Kens fireball is nerfed, so that makes you already not do the standard shoto c.mk FB combo. But does c.mk, with its bad range also have to be -4 on block? Lot of characters can punish that, both of his overheads on block with a 3 frame jab into special or something.

Little things like this make me feel he will be slightly buffed, and he should be changed to be included in the more difficult characters to play. You have to learn how to hit confirm off of one button with him. I think Capcom currently has him as intermediate or easy to learn. Nah...

Having a stinker of a night. Crazy good Cammys and ryu/kens everywhere. Dropped from 1200 to around 600.

Cammy is ridiculous. Trying to trap her down with Mika is fucking impossible. Having lots of trouble with gief against the shoto-fest.

Versing the same 3 characters for a week has left me with a pretty sour taste for this game. Coupled with silence regarding when the updates will release...

It's a shame.

Gbraga

z2-sagat2.gif~original

I think it looks kinda boring, tbh.

I'll take some SF III stages over this one any day.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
does capcom accept usermade levels? ue4 is condusive to communitywide devving
There was talk of Street Fighter V having Steam Workshop support during the beta. Whatever happened with that?

That would make it possible, I guess.

That stage is boring but we also need some plain, no NPC beautiful vista stages. Dunno why Capcom has to put all these goofy characters in he background for every stage.

So I welcome some of the plainer stuff.

Gbraga

That stage is boring but we also need some plain, no NPC beautiful vista stages. Dunno why Capcom has to put all these goofy characters in he background for every stage.

So I welcome some of the plainer stuff.

With that I agree with. I'd even like an option to turn off NPCs in the existing stages.

So with Final Round happening- it got me thinking...

Remember when the data mining found voice files of the announcer talking about Final Round, CEO, EVO, etc?

That's obviously not in the game... but what do you think it was/is intended for? Replays of matches? A livestream in game?

There was talk of Street Fighter V having Steam Workshop support during the beta. Whatever happened with that?

Typical Eventhubs "news" without fact checking... it was just a bug that appears with a lot of games- there was never going to be workshop support.

Remember when the data mining found voice files of the announcer talking about Final Round, CEO, EVO, etc?

That's obviously not in the game... but what do you think it was/is intended for? Replays of matches? A livestream in game?
Perhaps there will be official in-game support for tournaments with the big name ones getting their own voice lines/themes etc.

If they're pushing for the whole e-sports angle then it makes sense considering practically every other competitive games does this.

Skilletor

I think one of the best stages ever in a Capcom game is Guile's new stage in the console ports of A3. So much going on in that background, on a train, helicopter, going through a tunnel, tons of soldiers.

Renekton

I think one of the best stages ever in a Capcom game is Guile's new stage in the console ports of A3. So much going on in that background, on a train, helicopter, going through a tunnel, tons of soldiers.
I think it lagged the PS1 too, it's a very SNK stage.

I think they'll eventually add that into the game within the decade.

Whatever they were planning

ElFly

I think it looks kinda boring, tbh.

I'll take some SF III stages over this one any day.

The only way I'd accept SF3 stages over this is if they have the weird surreal background when a CA is activated from new generation.

A lot SFA2 stages are way better than the SF3 ones, detail level aside. Ryu's snow field, Gen's back alley (complete with reflections in the water) the waterfall, etc. SFA3 Ryu's stage is cool too.

z2-sagat2.gif~original

I don't know, it's missing the robots and ninjas from the Lair of the Four Kings stage.

Gbraga

The only way I'd accept SF3 stages over this is if they have the weird surreal background when a CA is activated from new generation.

A lot SFA2 stages are way better than the SF3 ones, detail level aside. Ryu's snow field, Gen's back alley (complete with reflections in the water) the waterfall, etc. SFA3 Ryu's stage is cool too.

The reflections are so amazing, hgggn.

Skilletor

I loved Ryu's stage in A2/A3 and the changing seasons.

Why doesn't Ryu have the stage in his character art. :(

Man, both of those games had amazing stages.

ElFly

I loved Ryu's stage in A2/A3 and the changing seasons.

Why doesn't Ryu have the stage in his character art. :(

Man, both of those games had amazing stages.

They said no one would have a dedicated stage, but Russia is clearly a Zangief stage.

They have the right priorities imho.

ElFly

Another stage I wish we had, is a Tenkaichi Budokai style arena, with a cuadriculated floor, to replace that fucking boring training stage. I don´t think having a cuadriculated background way in the back serves anything anyway.

The worst part of training stage is that the music is somehow always the worst bgm in the game.

Okay, question for street fighter veterans:

Has street fighter always been kind of shit in terms of character variation? It's my first street fighter game and no shit, 95% of my matches are against ryu and ken.

Is this normal for the start of an SF game, or can I expect to endure this for the remainder of the games popularity?

Another stage I wish we had, is a Tenkaichi Budokai style arena, with a cuadriculated floor, to replace that fucking boring training stage. I don´t think having a cuadriculated background way in the back serves anything anyway.

The worst part of training stage is that the music is somehow always the worst bgm in the game.

so an outdoor training stage

Mupod

Has street fighter always been kind of shit in terms of character variation? It's my first street fighter game and no shit, 95% of my matches are against ryu and ken.

Is this normal for the start of an SF game, or can I expect to endure this for the remainder of the games popularity?

we used to call it Ken Fighter 4.

Honestly the character variety I've seen in 5 is actually much better than my experiences in past games.

Ryu and Ken are the most standard and the most famous SF characters. You're probably still in the lower leagues which is where people will gravitate towards those characters.

As your rank increases you'll start to see more variations.

Perhaps there will be official in-game support for tournaments with the big name ones getting their own voice lines/themes etc.

If they're pushing for the whole e-sports angle then it makes sense considering practically every other competitive games does this.

I know it will probably never happen... but if they let you bet Fight Money on matches at CPT events I'm sure the FGC would eat that up.

Ryu and Ken are the most standard and the most famous SF characters. You're probably still in the lower leagues which is where people will gravitate towards those characters.

As your rank increases you'll start to see more variations.

I've been up around the 1200 to 1400 mark, so do they start to thin out around 2000?

I've been up around the 1200 to 1400 mark, so do they start to thin out around 2000?
Well to be fair there are people who play Ryu and Ken and are maining them.

Yeah, around 2000 you'll probably start to see a little more variety but be prepared to see Ryus and Kens a lot.
I know it will probably never happen... but if they let you bet Fight Money on matches at CPT events I'm sure the FGC would eat that up.

Well, it would make the stuff you bought with your FM seem a bit more meaningful since there'll be "history" behind it.

"I got that color after whooping X's ass"

"I almost bought that stage but I lost my FM to Y. I'm gonna body him later, just you wait and see!!"

Whales

Banned

At around 1k i'm starting to see a lot more Lauras and Mikas than Ryus and kens.

You're probably just unlucky
or lucky in this case, fighting laura with her garbage ass theme is the worst

Well to be fair there are people who play Ryu and Ken and are maining them.

Yeah, around 2000 you'll probably start to see a little more variety but be prepared to see Ryus and Kens a lot.

Well, it would make the stuff you bought with your FM seem a bit more meaningful since there'll be "history" behind it.

Damn. It's going to be a slog getting there haha

I get the occasional Cammy or Bison, so it's not too bad.

Haven't seen a single dahlsim player at all.

The only thing I actually dislike about Mika's design, as far as balance goes, is her ability to dash up after a successful v-reversal. Too low-risk/high-reward for a character who wins big with good positioning and loses by her inability to get in.

It's basically no real resources for a good defensive option that also gets her in.
Anyone who has a V-Reversal which knocks people flat on their backs can do this if memory serves. Never mind that Mika's is a little on the slower side (making it easier to bait or throw) as well as (obviously) losing her V-Trigger momentum swing if you do pressure her enough to want to use her bar differently. It's fine.

Anyone know a beginner's guide to Dhalsim? I've only ever really played fast moving characters in the past, so some tips on how to approach etc would be great.
I wrote a Dhalsim beginner's guide over at the Newbie thread a while ago, coincidentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom