• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the mm filter set to 5 bar opponents only, guess that doesnt help, but I still get a lot of laggy matches.

I believe the filter will still match you up with people that aren't 5 bars. The only way to be certain is to set the option to ask you to confirm before you accept the match.

Syntsui

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";198605601]Ryu is clearly the strongest character in the game.[/QUOTE]

He has the most damaging output with the lowest execution bar, for sure.

LakeEarth

I have to stop playing ranked. I keep messaging rage quitters and their responses subsequently infuriate me. I can't help myself though.
The standard is the match was lagging(but you played the whole match anyway). But then you get the
"all you did was grab you dont deserve points"

"Bison's slide is cheap"

"You suck anyway"

"Lol"

This is a me problem. What do I expect from these people.

Or they blame lag, even when there is no lag (well in this game it could be true on their side). I still message them though, just to tell them they're punks.

The God

So I'm thinking about picking this game up for my fighting fix, but I've never really played much Street Fighter beyond some matches in Super Turbo HD. SFV looks really good though so I'm wondering if I should get it. It's kinda between this and Dark Souls 3. How is this game on pad (DS4)?

So I'm thinking about picking this game up for my fighting fix, but I've never really played much Street Fighter beyond some matches in Super Turbo HD. SFV looks really good though so I'm wondering if I should get it. It's kinda between this and Dark Souls 3. How is this game on pad (DS4)?
I've been playing this game on the DS4 and I've had no issues. This game is perhaps the most pad-friendly Street Fighter yet.

Xeteh

I have to stop playing ranked. I keep messaging rage quitters and their responses subsequently infuriate me. I can't help myself though.
The standard is the match was lagging(but you played the whole match anyway). But then you get the

"Bison's slide is cheap"

"You suck anyway"

"Lol"

Yeah, idk why you bother... None of them are going to have legitimate answers. You're basically pissing yourself off.

I've been playing this game on the DS4 and I've had no issues. This game is perhaps the most pad-friendly Street Fighter yet.

I like to blame my shit execution on the the controller and pretend if I bought a stick I'd be way better.

Definitely playable on the DS4. Some top players are still actually on the joypad. No worries here.

Syntsui

The DS4 was fucking my hands up. I got callus on my fingers after two days of play, specially on my left index finger. After I've got the FC4 pad, it is much more confortable.

DeVeAn

"Bison's slide is cheap"

"You suck anyway"

"Lol"

I just send the "salty" then move on lol

"Bison's slide is cheap"

"You suck anyway"

"Lol"

My stock response for ragequits is :)

jeemer

Everytime I boot up the game I end up frustrated as hell.. more than 45 min to get a ranked match & blattle lounges are still useless without an option to filter the search by connection quality.

I guess the online population is really low in europe

with network fight request set to casual and ranked, connection 4-5 bars and accept on, i get a fight every minute or so in the evenings. i'm in the uk.

i can't create a battle lounge (if i do i get disconnected) but i can see everyone's name and details if i search. i then have to wait a few seconds to get to see 2 or 3 people's connection ratings and the rest never show, so i often have to search again. so it normally takes at least 2-3 mins to find a lounge there. 45 minutes is insane but i don't think this is a common issue. some people had success turning off their antivirus early on, or adding exceptions for sfv. otherwise you might want to look into this info from haunts' official blog post:

Required Ports for SFV

For those of you who are having issues connecting to our servers, Capcom Japan has released another tip that may help some users. We wanted to share that with you today.

They recommend checking and seeing if these remote ports are allowed on your router and PC as it could help with logging into our servers.

TCP: 80, 443, 20002, 30840, 30850, 30870

UDP: 30840-30859, 30870-30879

FluxWaveZ

Is there a way to extend the reach of Mika's command grabs? I see some Mikas sometimes doing her f.HP in the corner against an opponent, and immediately command grabbing them after they've blocked it. When I do it, it seems that the block places too much distance, so I have to take a few steps before being in range to grab.

Is there a way to extend the reach of Mika's command grabs? I see some Mikas sometimes doing her f.HP in the corner against an opponent, and immediately command grabbing them after they've blocked it. When I do it, it seems that the block places too much distance, so I have to take a few steps before being in range to grab.

Lk and LP have the furthest reach

Press forward after the half circle back motion before hitting the button, you can get a small step forward in there

Ryu is great i main him. His only problem is his pokes aren't as good as they used to be. He can't punish lot of c.HKs at max range. You can do EX tatsu but his options are limited.

ElTopo

Banned

You either do EX Typhoon or Kara EX Brimstone which has a few extra startup frames -I want to say 3-4 more frames-.

Lk and LP have the furthest reach

This is wrong. EX Typhoon has the most reach. Then LP Typhoon and then EX Brimstone.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Ryu is great i main him. His only problem is his pokes aren't as good as they used to be. He can't punish lot of c.HKs at max range. You can do EX tatsu but his options are limited.
He can punish a lot of those with st.lk xx whatever. A lot of Ryus don't know that for some reason.

"Bison's slide is cheap"

Ones like these are my favorite. Why would you as a player stop doing something that obviously works. If you are able to throw them 5 times in a round then that is their fault not yours.

I love when they message you first even though they are the ones that rage quit. I usually just answer with a :) or an OK. Makes them even more mad.

FluxWaveZ

You either do EX Typhoon or Kara EX Brimstone which has a few extra startup frames -I want to say 3-4 more frames-.

I think if I don't move at all after Lady Mika is blocked in the corner, the EX ones will whiff as well. Though I didn't know about the extra startup frames.

ElTopo

Banned
I think if I don't move at all after Lady Mika is blocked in the corner, the EX ones will whiff as well. Though I didn't know about the extra startup frames.

The 6HP frame trap only works in the corner. If you have them in the corner and you do 6HP, you can do EX Typhoon, Kara EX Brimstone, or 5MP and combo into EX Peach. If you land 6HP mid-screen, if they block they can just backdash out for free.

If it's not working in the corner then your timing must be off.

HardRojo

Oh man I'm so rusty, just played my first ranked match in almost 2 weeks and I even though I won, I didn't punish shit and messed up my BnBs.
My second match in almost 2 weeks and I get a rage quitter, wow!

Steroyd

I can cancel cannon spike into super.... 30% of the time.

Now if only I could anti air to make it damn useful, that said there is a combo I know that I can cannon spike at the end but requires me to get close, but hey my repotoire is increasing. ^_^

Oh man I'm so rusty, just played my first ranked match in almost 2 weeks and I even though I won, I didn't punish shit and messed up my BnBs.
My second match in almost 2 weeks and I get a rage quitter, wow!

Since they havent given any date for rq fix it will only get worse..

So uh... The game just started crashing randomly on my pc.

No idea where it comes from. I've been playing 70h without any problem and out of the blue, 3 hard crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom