• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbpm1

Well at least we broke 200K

Just ignore the fact that she can stay at over half screen distance away and catch you and it's incredibly easy for her to do that. Just completely ignore that, right?

Oh and also, her EX Bolt can catch you out of the air if you neutral jump because why not? Cue some dude jumping in saying: "What are you doing neutral jumping? She has meter so she can do that whenever."

"What are you doing using a fireball character? Laura can shut that right down unless you're at max possible range."

You don't need to use fireballs, that's why her normals aren't that oppressive so you can come in with your own if you have to.

Oro and Sean will likely have higher priority since they're already in the game.

I'd love it if they added Q though, he's too cool not to be in this game.
I like Sean's outfit. The yellow hoodie with a black 5 in the center referencing SF5 and also represents S for Sean.

Hustler

man there is so many things in this game are just down right broken, I know I am not going over anything new here but I am just so pissed off with how broken everything is in this game.

I am sitting here trying to view a replay and all i get is a connecting screen.
I mean you guys talk about casuals not buying the game because the lack of single player content, but when you cant even view a simple replay because of their wack servers you tend to wonder how in the hell this game was allowed to come out in the state its in.

The stats in the fighter profile still don't work correctly nearly four weeks after release no capcom i don't use ryu and no I didn't last play your game in 1906, I understand some of you guys might not care about all that crap but it would be nice to have features (that where advertised) that have been in since the first beta test actually work correctly, my LP still hasn't properly updated for a week now meaning I haven't unlocked titles that I've earned for ranking up booo hooo i hear you cry but unlocking stuff is fun and if it wasn't there id just play casual.

The connection filters when looking for a match barely work and battle lounges are a toss up as to whether or not it'll work

its such a shame because the actual 1v1 fighting is so much fun

I care about that crap. I'm a stats junkie. I want to be able to get a birds eye view on my overall progress from time to time and see if I'm improving. It was a base feature in vanilla SF4, and yet it's broken in SFV.

Not to mention there are two other state of the graph that aren't even tracked now. Reputation and discipline I think it is. Kind of useless to have that graph show up before each match if it's incomplete.

It's the only thing she has that resembles a reversal and her best way to deal with firebas, she's already vulnerable on wake up as it is. Plus it's super unsafe and it coats meter.

Wanna remove that? Fine, then give her a real EX grab and have her Vskill dash pass under fireballs.

The problem is how far it goes which is almost half screen shutting down footsies(People will spam the move whenever the have the meter). Reducing the range would be fine.

As for Laura's shoulder, Unless Laura doesn't like pressing buttons, a 4 frame move can beat out a follow up on block.

Shito

Just ignore the fact that she can stay at over half screen distance away and catch you and it's incredibly easy for her to do that. Just completely ignore that, right?

Oh and also, her EX Bolt can catch you out of the air if you neutral jump because why not? Cue some dude jumping in saying: "What are you doing neutral jumping? She has meter so she can do that whenever."

"What are you doing using a fireball character? Laura can shut that right down unless you're at max possible range."
Boy, you sure are salty. ^^
Played a few sets with a coworker earlier today, and at one moment his cammy super'ed my Laura's fireball while we were at opposite sides of the screen. And you know what? I didn't asked for this move to be nerfed or removed, I simply made sure to stop tossing random fireballs whenever she had her super...

Pompadour

Yeah, this makes sense:

210K (NPD) + 60K (UK) + 60K(JP) + 140K (Steam) = 470K

Plus whatever it sold in the rest of territories and digitally on PS4. A more realistic estimation would be around 600K.

I'm curious to see what it sold in all those other, previously ignored markets that they were really trying to target with SFV (Brazil, India, China, etc.). I know that's one of the big reasons they wanted to launch a PC version. Of course, I don't know how rampant piracy is in those areas.

AngryMoth

any advise for a beginner on practising combos?

I'm trying to learn Dalsim but the only thing I can reliably get to combo in training mode is crouching HP into standing b+MK. I think I managed to combo something into yoga flame once but haven't been able to repeat that. I just cannot get the timing down.

It's frustrating because I can't do enough damage to anyone in matches

ElTopo

Banned
Yeah, this makes sense:

210K (NPD) + 60K (UK) + 60K(JP) + 140K (Steam) = 470K

Plus whatever it sold in the rest of territories and digitally on PS4. A more realistic estimation would be around 600K.

That's still pretty rough. Hope sales pick up once the real story mode is in. It's funny when you think about it, history repeats itself:

Capcom strikes it big with Street Fighter 2. Releases 5 different versions of the same game over 4 years (with 2 additional versions coming out years later). Each revision sells fewer copies than the last but still makes Capcom money. Then they release an actual numbered sequel and it flops. They eventually made money years later when Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike came out years later but still.

I'm trying to learn Dalsim but the only thing I can reliably get to combo in training mode is crouching HP into standing b+MK. I think I managed to combo something into yoga flame once but haven't been able to repeat that. I just cannot get the timing down.

Take a combo you want to learn, and start practicing it piece by piece.

For example, normal 1, normal 2 xx special move

First practice linking normal one into normal 2 until you are comfortable

Then practice cancelling normal 2 with special move

Then put it together

Remember that when going into special moves from normals, it is usually a cancel, meaning you want to input the special as fast as possible

mbpm1

Set training dummy to block after first hit.

Attempt combo.

If the sequence comes out but is blocked after first hit you did the move too late. If the sequence doesn't come out you did it too early.

Of note is that Dhalsim in general is not really a combo character so back mk. > mp yoga flame or st jab > st jab > ex yoga flame is the most you'll be getting a lot of the time unless you land an instant air teleport in which case you would get jump hp (from air teleport) > back mk > yoga flame.

Syntsui

I'm curious to see what it sold in all those other, previously ignored markets that they were really trying to target with SFV (Brazil, India, China, etc.). I know that's one of the big reasons they wanted to launch a PC version. Of course, I don't know how rampant piracy is in those areas.

It flopped immensely here in Brazil. They were fucking imbeciles and greed motherfuckers in regards to the launch of this game.

When it was up to preorder on PSN, the cost was R$250 (which is ABSURD for a game). Then one week before the release they bumped the price to R$280. In less than a month, every single big retailer is selling it at disount price, you can find it for about R$160-R$180.

I bought it from a guy that imports batches and sold me for R$180 on the second week of release.

jeemer

:/ ideally it's a case of practice enough in training mode to get it down to muscle memory. with sim you don't have an awful lot of combos to do, but doing certain motions like b.mk xx flame are kinda awkward.

in this game i would probably recommend a beginner goes with ryu or possibly nash until you have the fundamentals down. at least going off previous versions, dhalsim is a bit of an outlier and fundamentals with him don't transfer as smoothly to other characters.

AngryMoth

Take a combo you want to learn, and start practicing it piece by piece.

For example, normal 1, normal 2 xx special move

First practice linking normal one into normal 2 until you are comfortable

Then practice cancelling normal 2 with special move

Then put it together

Remember that when going into special moves from normals, it is usually a cancel, meaning you want to input the special as fast as possible
Thanks, I'll keep practising...

Does 'xx' stand for cancel?

mbpm1

It flopped immensely here in Brazil. They were fucking imbeciles and greed motherfuckers in regards to the launch of this game.

When it was up to preorder on PSN, the cost was R$250 (which is ABSURD for a game). Then one week before the release they bumped the price to R$280. In less than a month, every single big retailer is selling it at disount price, you can find it for about R$160-R$180.

I bought it from a guy that imports batches and sold me for R$180 on the second week of release.
Capcpom

I love M.Bison so much. Great buttons...godlike V-Trigger that leaves a lot of room for your imagination....great mixups. Ahhhhhhhhh I just need to get better at anti airing with him.

Hope I'll be able to play more this evening, after posting this OT last night I started shivering uncontrollably and seem to have come down with a flu. But I'm itching to get back it :p

I love M.Bison so much. Great buttons...godlike V-Trigger that leaves a lot of room for your imagination....great mixups. Ahhhhhhhhh I just need to get better at anti airing with him.

His anti-airs are legitimately shit. A lot of times, his cr.HP will just trade.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201603/11101268.html

Apparently you'll be able to buy colours including the exclusive to Japan colour 11's in the shop?

Really? Can anyone give a translation or something?

Daft Punk

Banned
Sigh. Playing Birdie is a labor of love. Coming from playing Boxer in SF4 and then going to a grappler in V is a definite change. When I'm on, I feel good, but as soon as I get rushed down, it's turns south really quickly. Any other Birdie mains have any tips and tricks?

I would have never thought bison would me my character. When I hit silver rank I started to face better players and I kept losing with Karin who I thought was my main. Switched to cammy and did better but still not good enough imo. Never did I think a charge character would fit my style... Oh how wrong I was. All of the sudden I'm beating 4k lp players convincingly. Feels good man. Experiment people. Who knows what clicks for you.

LakeEarth

Dhalsim with that 57% w/l rate, though.

Bison second and Birdie third. Makes sense to me.

Sigh. Playing Birdie is a labor of love. Coming from playing Boxer in SF4 and then going to a grappler in V is a definite change. When I'm on, I feel good, but as soon as I get rushed down, it's turns south really quickly. Any other Birdie mains have any tips and tricks?

Not sure if it's the greatest advice, but I try to keep people out with s.mk, c.mk, and if they're a little further, s.fp. Chain is too punishable outside of combos and trying to snag a fireball, so I don't use it often. Never miss your opportunity to antiair with d.mp.

If they're on you, he's limited. EX command throw will catch some people. Standing light kick is your fastest normal, so if they do anything negative, that's the button you want to use to make some space (ie. s.lk s.lp c.lp c.lp push them out of your face and restart the neutral). EX bullhorn can get you out of a situation, but it's throwable. I rather do that midrange during the neutral (only when you have v-trigger).

Command grab immediately followed by EX dive grab catches so many people. But if they neutral jump, it's your funeral.

FluxWaveZ

Does it say with fight money or zenny only?

Doesn't say. The article just includes alt colors as one of the things that will be available in the in-game shop, along with the previously known other things.

I don't like Mika's alt costume very much, so I probably won't be spending any kind of currency on these.

His anti-airs are legitimately shit. A lot of times, his cr.HP will just trade.

You are not wrong. It's slow startup and doesn't protect you from too many jump angles. I am trying to work j.mp or hp into my anti airs...or just keeping my movement smart so they can never get a bad jump angle at me. So far I get blown up a lot tho

cMP is your best anti air. MK and cMK are awesome pokes, HP has great range.

EX Bull Horn has armor. Use it on wakeup or to blow through fireballs.

You can crush projectiles with EX Chain. It will also hit airborne opponents.

LK Bull Revenger can catch people by surprise when you're close. People who have experience with the matchup are usually waiting for it, though.

EX Bull Revenger is fast as hell and is unblockable. Don't miss, though.

In V Trigger, he gains walk speed and armor on his EX Bull Head.

Don't forget to use your V Skill when you're having trouble, it will force action from the opponent and you may be able to take advantage. His Banana and Can are cancellable, as well.

MGrant

Apparently Karin's laugh freaks my roommate out. If she sees me playing against a Karin, she leaves the room, because she doesn't want to "listen to that crazy woman's laugh."

No more cheese hair!
I wonder if Ken will be freed of his, too
Apparently Karin's laugh freaks my roommate out. If she sees me playing against a Karin, she leaves the room, because she doesn't want to "listen to that crazy woman's laugh."

7pGgh6W.gif

You are not wrong. It's slow startup and doesn't protect you from too many jump angles. I am trying to work j.mp or hp into my anti airs...or just keeping my movement smart so they can never get a bad jump angle at me. So far I get blown up a lot tho

If you're expecting a jump-in then a forward dash can work in your favour. And his air-to-airs are also pretty good.

I'd argue he's tied with Vega for the best anti-airs. His j.mp->j.mp can combo into scissor kick or even CA. His j.hp is very difficult to anti-air and his j.hk has insane range.

EDIT: Also found a picture on that famitsu article that pretty much confirms it.

If the link doesn't work, copy it and paste into the bar. Famitsu is a little wonky.

YIpee!, no more grinding on stupid fucking survival mode for colors for FANG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom