• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Karin's laugh freaks my roommate out. If she sees me playing against a Karin, she leaves the room, because she doesn't want to "listen to that crazy woman's laugh."

You need to throw her out and get a proper roomie. Waifu Karins laughter is the reason to play SFV.

Change your main to Karin and see what happens as an experiment.

Oro and Sean will likely have higher priority since they're already in the game.

I'd love it if they added Q though, he's too cool not to be in this game.

I dunno, everyone thought that the story mode characters in MKX would have priority but like none of them showed up in the Konbat Packs

mbpm1

Do you ever feel like you level up during a fight? Like you start seeing the matrix and for a moment everything becomes clear?

I played a ft5 with a gold ken and got 5-1'd. Felt bad.

Then a gold karin joined and he picked Ken instead of his main. Lost two matches and then realized how much weaker his Ken was and won 5 straight.

6 years of the grid, RASHIDOOO, and ohohohohohohoho

Don't forget "THE SHIMMAAY"

Skilletor

No stomps for alex :(

Looks like no b,f+k either.

No DDT.

Sadness :( :(

I see hk crush counter, though. That almost makes up for it.

I played a ft5 with a gold ken and got 5-1'd. Felt bad.

Then a gold karin joined and he picked Ken instead of his main. Lost two matches and then realized how much weaker his Ken was and won 5 straight.

I feel like I shouldn't, but I look down on people who are only good with a single character.

Not that I should talk at this point.

ElFly

DDT could be one of his regular grabs.

Removing Air Stomp and keeping the rising knee is kind of lame. I'd much rather have it the other way around; people shouldn't be jumping on you anyway. Don't really miss rushing elbow.

Still p hype for him.

Maybe the movelist is incomplete, but I'd rather be tempering the expectations.

Yeah, that's pretty silly. Takes time to devote to a fighting game and even more time to get decent with a single character.

I only really like Zangief so far; everyone else feels wrong for me right now.

Will probably alt Alex and Guile if they are decent.

I feel like I shouldn't, but I look down on people who are only good with a single character.

Not that I should talk at this point.
Some of the best players in the world are good with only one character. Eg; daigo, tokido, snake eyez, smug etc. It is better to play one character than juggling to learn 5 of them.

Yes. The hcb+k grab where he runs towards you, grabs you, jumps in the air, piledrivers you and stares into your crotch with a mean look on his face.
Lmao I'll have to give it a look but the game was having issues with animations where characters were significantly different sizes... I might be able to scale up a character and then reimport it though. Was going to try it with Cammy on Nadeshiko's animations as well so that I could get a gif of her winking :)

ElFly

No Stomp, No Jumping DDT, No Elbow Smash. (for now) Well, it made sense since he's inexperienced youngster in SFV so he probably haven't learn those moves yet. :p

I think this is more about normalizing a character that had too many tools. They'd rather give him four good specials than 7 mediocre ones. (Or 4 mediocre rather than 7 bad ones :D )

Lmao I'll have to give it a look but the game was having issues with animations where characters were significantly different sizes... I might be able to scale up a character and then reimport it though. Was going to try it with Cammy on Nadeshiko's animations as well so that I could get a gif of her winking :)

You are doing the work of the Gods, my friend. Keep it up!

mbpm1

Some of the best players in the world are good with only one character. Eg; daigo, tokido, snake eyez, smug etc. It is better to play one character than juggling to learn 5 of them.

Technically they aren't only good with one character though.

Daigo's shown skills with all shotos in random online matches and according to the JP crowd would always destroys Kazunoko with Sagat and probably would have beaten him at CC if he'd used him.

Tokido has an okay Hugo as well and Snake Eyez' Eryu covered some of his bad matchups near the end of Ultra.

Smug is definitely only a Dudley player though.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I think this is more about normalizing a character that had too many tools. They'd rather give him four good specials than 7 mediocre ones. (Or 4 mediocre rather than 7 bad ones :D )

I was joking about him being inexperienced, and I'm aware of that. To be fair, I still think he should have Air Stampede because I think it might benefit him a lot. Again, it might be too good in SFV engine.

ElFly

That said, I'd try more characters if matchmaking wasn't so slow.

I was joking about him being inexperienced, and I'm aware of that. To be fair, I still think he should have Air Stampede because I think it might benefit him a lot. Again, it might be too good in SFV engine.

Yeah yeah. I've joked about him copying the Focus Attack after seeing the SF4 tourney, and he will copy the parry after fighting Ryu.

Air stampede could just be made slightly unsafe on block. It's not like you'd follow up on that with combos (although it could be a combo finisher).

DDT could be one of his regular grabs.

Removing Air Stomp and keeping the rising knee is kind of lame. I'd much rather have it the other way around; people shouldn't be jumping on you anyway. Don't really miss rushing elbow.

Still p hype for him.

Maybe the movelist is incomplete, but I'd rather be tempering the expectations.

I only really like Zangief so far; everyone else feels wrong for me right now.

Will probably alt Alex and Guile if they are decent.

They've been taking away specials from majority of the cast though.

Chun - No Hozanshu
Ryu - No donkey kick
Bison - No psycho crusher
Karin - No counter or regular rekkas
Nash - No flash kick
Vega - No scarlet terror
Zangief - No green hand and a difference in lariats between 3K and 3P

This is why i've said before that a lot of the new characters/DLC characters would be more fun (IMO) in SFIV because they wouldn't chill with their toolset. In 5 they seem to be dialing back a bit which I don't really necessarily like.

Chun - No Hozanshu
Ryu - No donkey kick
Nash - No flash kick
Vega - No scarlet terror
Zangief - No green hand

This is why i've said before that a lot of the new characters/DLC characters would be more fun (IMO) in SFIV because they wouldn't chill with their toolset. In 5 they seem to be dialing back a bit which I don't really necessarily like.

Granted, but they're also not afraid to vastly change the core of the character as well. Vega not being a charge is the best example of this. Granted, they've been taking away specials but they've also been adding in different ones like Bison's psycho blast (b+f.p) and his inferno.

Personally, I appreciate the fact that they're willing to take more risks with the movesets of characters, but I certainly see your point.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yeah yeah. I've joked about him copying the Focus Attack after seeing the SF4 tourney, and he will copy the parry after fighting Ryu.

Air stampede could just be made slightly unsafe on block. It's not like you'd follow up on that with combos (although it could be a combo finisher).

That would be reasonable enough. I'm going to main Alex regardless. Hopefully he would feel so good to use.

ElFly

Chun - No Hozanshu
Ryu - No donkey kick
Nash - No flash kick
Vega - No scarlet terror
Zangief - No green hand

I am ok with some of these changes tho.

Chun: ok I don't like Chun in this game, but Chun changes a lot from game to game so whatever. Give me A2 Chun and I will destroy people tho.
Ryu: That seemed a III only thing; it wasn't in 4.
Bison: This is basically a completely new character. Whatever.
Karin: prolly needed to be dialed back a little. She is ok like this, no need for more tools. Fans may complain but they balanced the game p well so ok.
Nash: They completely remade this character, hopefully to differentiate him from Guile.
Vega: I don't really follow Vega. He received a whole new mode to compensate? IMHO he is the most complex he's ever been.
Zangief: I am ok with this, but I wish Lariat comboed on crouched opponents. I play Zangief!

Too many mediocre tools would have lead to more shenanigans with Karin (and everyone really), which in the end ain't good.

The balance in the game seems ok so far, so maybe they know what they are doing. Let's hope Alex, who didn't go through a beta, remains balanced.

Chun - No Hozanshu
Ryu - No donkey kick
Nash - No flash kick
Vega - No scarlet terror
Zangief - No green hand

Yeah but don't they have new moves that replace old? Ryu for example, didn't have Donkey Kick in Street Fighter 2 or 4... so it's not that surprising that it's not here either, but Bison, while he has lost psycho crusher, he has gained Psycho Inferno, which overall has much more utility. Meanwhile, Vega has lost scarlet terror, but gained claw switch and a command grab. If anything I feel like these characters are more fleshed out, with a good set of specials that compliment one another, rather than multiple that fill a a similar role. For instance in V, characters like Bison with scissors and psycho crusher, they two moves served a similar role and it's easy to see how removing psycho crusher wouldn't drastically affect the character. In contrast every move in SFV is essential to the characters playstyle, if you removed psycho crusher from Bison, he would lose a lot of his utility.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Chun - No Hozanshu
Ryu - No donkey kick
Nash - No flash kick
Vega - No scarlet terror
Zangief - No green hand

Bison's Psycho Crusher is in the game via Bison's CA

Nash's Flash Kick got redesigned into this.
zOJbkpk.png

Karin still have her rekkas via V-Trigger.

Everything else, you have good case and I do expect same things for future characters as well.

I am ok with some of these changes tho.

Chun: ok I don't like Chun in this game, but Chun changes a lot from game to game so whatever. Give me A2 Chun and I will destroy people tho.
Ryu: That seemed a III only thing; it wasn't in 4.
Bison: This is basically a completely new character. Whatever.
Karin: prolly needed to be dialed back a little. She is ok like this, no need for more tools. Fans may complain but they balanced the game p well so ok.
Nash: They completely remade this character, hopefully to differentiate him from Guile.
Vega: I don't really follow Vega. He received a whole new mode to compensate? IMHO he is the most complex he's ever been.
Zangief: I am ok with this, but I wish Lariat comboed on crouched opponents. I play Zangief!

Too many mediocre tools would have lead to more shenanigans with Karin (and everyone really), which in the end ain't good.

The balance in the game seems ok so far, so maybe they know what they are doing. Let's hope Alex, who didn't go through a beta, remains balanced.

Yea the balance for the game is great right now IMO and adding more tools to the characters would've made some of them a bit too good but I think it would give the characters a bit more depth.

Skilletor

Chun - No Hozanshu
Ryu - No donkey kick
Nash - No flash kick
Vega - No scarlet terror
Zangief - No green hand and a difference in lariats between 3K and 3P

I like most of these changes.

No Hazanshu is okay because she's got d/f+mk
No donkey kick sucks
Bison is always alternating between psycho crusher and projectile, plus he got the geyser move
don't mind not having regular rekkas with the other changes to her character
Nash with a flashkick would be silly. Waiting for guile
not sure what scarlet terror is, but he also gained a ton in this game
Gief shouldn't have an easy way to get in on an opponent

Also fuck SF4 forever. :p

Bison's Psycho Crusher is in the game via Bison's CA

Nash's Flash Kick got redesigned into this.

Karin still have her rekkas via V-Trigger.

Everything else, you have good case and I do expect same things for future characters as well.

Yes I know all of this, I'm just saying for future characters I don't expect them to have all they had in their original games. I hope that they add more to them instead of taking away though.

I don't expect Urien to have all his tools he had in 3s. Something will probably be missing, either his ability to change the trajectory on his projectiles or no headbutt or something.

I can't imagine Yun making it into this game with anything close to his toolset in 4. Palm/Shoulder/Dash punch/Upkicks/command throw/genei jin. He'll be lucky to make it out with just genei jin and dash punch lol

I like most of these changes.

No Hazanshu is okay because she's got d/f+mk
No donkey kick sucks
Bison is always alternating between psycho crusher and projectile, plus he got the geyser move
don't mind not having regular rekkas with the other changes to her character
Nash with a flashkick would be silly. Waiting for guile
not sure what scarlet terror is, but he also gained a ton in this game
Gief shouldn't have an easy way to get in on an opponent

Also fuck SF4 forever. :p

I like Psycho Crusher as Bison's most powerful attack. That's as it should be.

The flash kick thing seems obvious that they wanted Guile to play differently than Nash.

Scarlet Terror is Vega's kick AA. He doesn't need it anymore since he has Aurora Spin Edge.

It's not fair to compare SFV Gief to previous Gief. He's an entirely new character at this point.

I hate SF4, too.

Yes I know all of this, I'm just saying for future characters I don't expect them to have all they had in their original games. I hope that they add more to them instead of taking away though.

I don't expect Urien to have all his tools he had in 3s. Something will probably be missing, either his ability to change the trajectory on his projectiles or no headbutt or something.

I can't imagine Yun making it into this game with anything close to his toolset in 4. Palm/Shoulder/Dash punch/Upkicks/command throw/genei jin. He'll be lucky to make it out with just genei jin and dash punch lol

I'm expecting his Aegis Reflector to be his V Trigger.

I'm sick of Capcom taking away the donkey kick. Just give it back to Ryu, he only has three specials. You're not exactly breaking the game by giving him a fourth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom