• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people actually doubting the fact that Q will show up?

Q will most definitely show up, the only question is whether it's next year or the year after.

Anybody wanna watch a drunken ultra bronze?
twitch.tv/shadowkhan

Having a good ol time on the cam by myself, somebody come play/watch lol

Q will most definitely show up, the only question is whether it's next year or the year after.
You never know when Capcom will pull a Capcpom. At this point I'm more worried about them giving him a terrible redesign.

I think I maybe done with the online. Take 4 day break. Play an hour Wednesday and last night and my execution is now trash.... I can't keep up, I literally don't have the time. It's not like shooters where I can come back a year later and still be good.

Guess I will just do the single player stuff as it releases. Prob shouldn't have bought the deluxe addition lol. Still I put 43 hours in which is more than most games so I can't complain. Plus I will get at least 5-10 hours out of the single player stuff that's coming.

What I really don't get is that while I love the gameplay in this game the ONLY character I like playing as is Mika. I would have thought at least 3-4 would suit me. Maybe when Juri comes out I might enjoy using her. I enjoyed what little I played of her in sf4.

Edzi

Loving the SF3 representation. If they add another character from 3, it's got to be

lblGOec.gif

Oro and Sean will likely have higher priority since they're already in the game.

I'd love it if they added Q though, he's too cool not to be in this game.

Shmuppers

Oro and Sean will likely have higher priority since they're already in the game.

I'd love it if they added Q though, he's too cool not to be in this game.

I wonder if enough people actually like him enough for Capcom to notice.

Well there might not be enough DLC to get to him if sales stay bad, and Capcom is notoriously unwilling to use Q. They even shot down Harada when he asked for Q in TxSF.

A.E Suggs

I think the big reason was absolutely the lack of content. Right now, it's a FULL priced game with practically nothing. No Arcade mode, even. Just online, with 2-player lobbies and a suck ass Survival mode. Oh, and Training mode.

Games like SSB and MK—and even Naruto—can sell a bunch of copies to casual players, who make up the majority of sales, because they actually have a bunch of single player content for them to dive into. There's none of that in SFV at this moment.

Edit: Not to mention the whole Fight Money and currency element operates like a F2P game... in a full priced title. It's not a good look.

If this is actually the main reason then sales should increase after it gets that stuff. If not then there's something else at play here. BlazeBlue has a bunch of single player content as well but that doesn't do half of even SF5 current numbers. Somehow I think that even if SF had everything up until the june update I can't see it getting past 1million sales within 2 months or so.

Enough about sales though,so long as this thrives on the scene it can bomb for all I care. They'll still support it for at least 2 years and that's all I need to get something out of this game without them updating it past that.

Is there a link anywhere to how much fight money you can win in Survival mode?

Just want to figure out the kind of work i'm going to need to put in to reach 400,000 in FM or higher?

Spman2099

No. Probably won't be until end of next week at the earliest, end of March at the latest.

Yeah, that seems right.

So, my understanding is that they can only release these things on a Tuesday (with everything else). That being said, maybe their content delivery system allows them to bypass that. Still, I am operating under that assumption.

It seems super unlikely that they are going to release it next Tuesday when they could make a big show out of it at the tournament instead. That means it is probably going to launch on the 22nd.

Just want to figure out the kind of work i'm going to need to put in to reach 400,000 in FM or higher?

You get 5000 per character in easy and 10000 per character in hard.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I doubt anything is dropping before Final Round.

I think Survival mode just gives out a set amount of EXP, which helps you level-up characters, which in turn is what gets you the fight money. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Here's a comment from a dude on r/streetfighter who did every single SP activity including hell with every character.

From personal experience, doing story mode, easy andnormal with every character and hard with one has put me around 340k. EDIT: I made a mistake, actually at 420k.

EDIT: Btw, that same guy posted a picture on how much total FM you can get from doing every SP activity right now with the core 16.

bfdf83ef06.jpg

Hex

Banned

Do everyone's story mode that you can, and at least do easy survival with anyone that you can pull it off with.
Buy damage upgrades and it makes it much faster.

Renekton

Enough about sales though,so long as this thrives on the scene it can bomb for all I care. They'll still support it for at least 2 years and that's all I need to get something out of this game without them updating it past that.
I think this will be Capcom's last Street Fighter game ever, not unlike VF5.

I will ride this rough gem till the end.

I really hope the game does recover financially because it would be a damn shame if it tanked due to the demonising it has been unfairly receiving. I agree that a lot of modes that were not present at launch (arcade mode, 8 player lobbies etc) definitely should have been but most, if not all of these features have been promised and are coming soon or a few months down the line. To read some of the comments about the game, you would think the developers had killed the first born child in the author's families. Also the cries of "lazy devs" are just borne of flat out ignorance. It also seems that the loudest shouting is coming from the camps of people who would play the game for a week or two then trade it in for credit towards the next must-play flavour of the month.

Fact: The game should have been way more full featured at launch to appeal to the masses, this I understand.

Fact: Mechanically, the game is outstanding. It really is a joy to play. It's incredibly well balanced as a first iteration of a new entry in the series. New fighters fit into the world seamlessly and the gameplay and execution barrier has hit the sweet spot to please both casual and hardcore players alike.

Capcom could have been a little more communicative regarding the various issues raised but I really feel like they weren't prepared for the ferocity of some of the negative feedback they've been receiving and we're probably very hesitant about being reactionary for fear of digging themselves into a hole.

Reviewers giving the game idiotically low scores due to features that weren't available at launch really will harm the game beyond repair for some potential customers. If Joe Public sees a review score like 4 or 5 out of ten then doesn't buy the game because of that then that's ultimately just sad. It deserves so much more. Hopefully Capcom can turn it all around though. I have my fingers firmly crossed.

Here's a comment from a dude on r/streetfighter who did every single SP activity including hell with every character.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFigh..._curious_how_much_fm_sfv_sp_gives_you/d0jzz8dFrom personal experience, doing story mode, easy andnormal with every character and hard with one has put me around 340k.

EDIT: Btw, that same guy posted a picture on how much total FM you can get from doing every SP activity right now with the core 16.

bfdf83ef06.jpg

I'm on 302K at the moment and only done 3 normal survival characters, i guess the road to 400K begins this weekend

I'm on 302K at the moment and only done 3 normal survival characters, i guess the road to 400K begins this weekend

Sorry, I wrote it incorrectly in my previous post. By clearing story and easy and normal with everyone + Hard with one character, I have 420k.

So just doing easy,normal and story with everyone will get you 400k.

If this is actually the main reason then sales should increase after it gets that stuff. If not then there's something else at play here. BlazeBlue has a bunch of single player content as well but that doesn't do half of even SF5 current numbers. Somehow I think that even if SF had everything up until the june update I can't see it getting past 1million sales within 2 months or so.

Release is a time when you capture most of your sales, there may be some increase when things are patched in but to not have it in on day 1 is criminal, the bad impressions are already out there. Casual players have already been turned off, the only hope is sales increasing when the price drops like a stone in a few months.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Awful character design, another reject of the SFIII series. Hope the character stays dead.

Patently false. Q scares off little children, has a Doom mask, breathes a bit like Darth Vader, and wears a trench coat and matching hat to a street fight. He's a hodgepodge of badass.

I have a stupid question out of curiosity: I was watching the cross counter videos on youtube and I noticed that gootecks press the buttons with 2 fingers in order, it's not a single tap, it's more like tap-tap. I think Maximilian Dood does the same. Why is that? It's more efficient or something else? I usually single-tap the buttons on the arcade stick

I really hope the game does recover financially because it would be a damn shame if it tanked due to the demonising it has been unfairly receiving. I agree that a lot of modes that were not present at launch (arcade mode, 8 player lobbies etc) definitely should have been but most, if not all of these features have been promised and are coming soon or a few months down the line. To read some of the comments about the game, you would think the developers had killed the first born child in the author's families. Also the cries of "lazy devs" are just borne of flat out ignorance. It also seems that the loudest shouting is coming from the camps of people who would play the game for a week or two then trade it in for credit towards the next must-play flavour of the month.

Fact: The game should have been way more full featured at launch to appeal to the masses, this I understand.

Fact: Mechanically, the game is outstanding. It really is a joy to play. It's incredibly well balanced as a first iteration of a new entry in the series. New fighters fit into the world seamlessly and the gameplay and execution barrier has hit the sweet spot to please both casual and hardcore players alike.

Capcom could have been a little more communicative regarding the various issues raised but I really feel like they weren't prepared for the ferocity of some of the negative feedback they've been receiving and we're probably very hesitant about being reactionary for fear of digging themselves into a hole.

Reviewers giving the game idiotically low scores due to features that weren't available at launch really will harm the game beyond repair for some potential customers. If Joe Public sees a review score like 4 or 5 out of ten then doesn't buy the game because of that then that's ultimately just sad. It deserves so much more. Hopefully Capcom can turn it all around though. I have my fingers firmly crossed.

It doesn't deserve more though, it's currently barren and for most people is not worth paying the £50 asking price.

Developers know that their game will be reviewed upon release, this games devs can have no complaints at the harsh reviews because they released a game with OK online fighting and essentially 1 single player mode in survival which is complete garbage, 90% so easy you could do it with your eyes shut then a difficulty spike near the end.

For a new player the training mode does nothing that they want it to.

I have put 20 hours in so far and it's my first real fighting game and while I do like it, it only barely feels worth the £25 I paid, I have no desire to clear survival mode with more characters having only done normal with 1 so far.

Shito

Release is a time when you capture most of your sales, there may be some increase when things are patched in but to not have it in on day 1 is criminal, the bad impressions are already out there. Casual players have already been turned off, the only hope is sales increasing when the price drops like a stone in a few months.
They don't follow the regular AAA model though; while I'm sure they would have preferred better initial sales, they are mainly after the money they will get from the season pass / additional characters / premium costumes / whatever they could also sell on the side. Decreasing the price will allow them to inject new players in this system, and if it fails, well, don't forget that Sony is in this ship as well and can make the game free for PSN+ users.

I have a stupid question out of curiosity: I was watching the cross counter videos on youtube and I noticed that gootecks press the buttons with 2 fingers in order, it's not a single tap, it's more like tap-tap. I think Maximilian Dood does the same. Why is that? It's more efficient or something else? I usually single-tap the buttons on the arcade stick

It's called double-tapping. Don't use a stick myself so hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but it's supposed to be like doubling your chances of getting your move off incase the first input is too-quick. It's still useful but it was a lot more useful back in SF4 when execution was generally more strict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom