• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElFly

I don't know about the difference between 3k and 3p lariats.

On one hand, it'd be useful, particularly if they made one of them to hit crouched people. I'd abuse more the one that avoided low kicks.

On the other hand, I'd rather remove 3P lariat and transform it into a fireball motion. Maybe a tatsumaki motion. I know I don't use Lariat outside of combos right now, and that I have better ways to deal with fireballs anyway; Snake Eyes seems to be using Lariat as antiair, but I am seeing more success with cHP anyway.

I'm sick of Capcom taking away the donkey kick. Just give it back to Ryu, he only has three specials. You're not exactly breaking the game by giving him a fourth.

I don't care too much about donkey kick, but maybe it'd be good so Ryu has more incentive to risk the HP shoryuken, if donkey kick only comboed after it.

I like Psycho Crusher as Bison's most powerful attack. That's as it should be.

I'm expecting his Aegis Reflector to be his V Trigger.

I find weird that Dictator's signature move became scissor kicks instead of psycho crusher.

Gotta agree on Aegis.

Skilletor

Yes I know all of this, I'm just saying for future characters I don't expect them to have all they had in their original games. I hope that they add more to them instead of taking away though.

I don't expect Urien to have all his tools he had in 3s. Something will probably be missing, either his ability to change the trajectory on his projectiles or no headbutt or something.

I can't imagine Yun making it into this game with anything close to his toolset in 4. Palm/Shoulder/Dash punch/Upkicks/command throw/genei jin. He'll be lucky to make it out with just genei jin and dash punch lol

I think they did this with the intention of adding things over time. Hopefully they get to.

I think it's easier to add things for balance them so things are useful rather than giving characters tons of tools and trying to do the same thing.

Are there any option selects left? Cus they're taking out a few in the next patch, right? Wonder if they'll just keep removing them as they find them.

On one hand, it'd be useful, particularly if they made one of them to hit crouched people. I'd abuse more the one that avoided low kicks.

On the other hand, I'd rather remove 3P lariat and transform it into a fireball motion. Maybe a tatsumaki motion. I know I don't use Lariat outside of combos right now, and that I have better ways to deal with fireballs anyway; Snake Eyes seems to be using Lariat as antiair, but I am seeing more success with cHP anyway.

Snake eyes does use lariat as an anti-air too, but only if they're directly above him/about to cross up. It's a little slow, but it gets the job done.

Whales

Banned
Yes I know all of this, I'm just saying for future characters I don't expect them to have all they had in their original games. I hope that they add more to them instead of taking away though.

I don't expect Urien to have all his tools he had in 3s. Something will probably be missing, either his ability to change the trajectory on his projectiles or no headbutt or something.

I can't imagine Yun making it into this game with anything close to his toolset in 4. Palm/Shoulder/Dash punch/Upkicks/command throw/genei jin. He'll be lucky to make it out with just genei jin and dash punch lol

Well, Necalli does have a DP, a charge move, a command throw, the stomps and a ''projectile'' ( his vskill)

But yeah, giving every char too many tools is annoying IMO.

It already feels like there's waaay too many chars with command throws now.

Was there any differences rather than design between the Shadaloo, the Ryu and the Chun Li fight sticks?
Dunno about Shadaloo but the fight sticks are a little mislabelled in the OP, I'll have to fix it when I get to my computer later. Apparently the Ryu is the TE2+ and the Chun is just the TE2, which is why it doesn't have a touchpad.

Trickster

Seriously, and I says this with every fiber of my being. Fuck cammy, may anyone who plays that bitch die a horrible death

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Unfortunately, I'm going to expect Urien to be less crazy in SFV.

Shito

Are there any option selects left? Cus they're taking out a few in the next patch, right? Wonder if they'll just keep removing them as they find them.
They left the most common form of option selects: two in ones that do nothing if the first normal whiffs.
For example, VRyu made me realize that Laura had a very good option at mid-distance, outside of the range of zoning characters: st.LK xx LP or EX elbow
If the light kick whiffs, nothing comes out, you're just whiffing a light kick at a safe distance. If the light kick catches a poke, though, it gets cancelled to the elbow for the combo and then you're in their face.

ElFly

I think Urien will make it more or less intact, special wise. I really doubt headbutt will be lost, I'd be more fearful for the knee drop. That or making all fireballs horizontal. Maybe his fireballs will be arced.

Dunno about his CAs tho. Gonna guess the charges will be his CA and stand by Aegis being the V-Trigger. It'd be interesting if they gave him both V-Trigger and CA as Aegies, to replicate his double Aegis setup, but doubt it will happen.

Well, Necalli does have a DP, a charge move, a command throw, the stomps and a ''projectile'' ( his vskill)

But yeah, giving every char too many tools is annoying IMO.

It already feels like there's waaay too many chars with command throws now.

Yea Necalli has reminded me the most of Yun and the fact that he was a divekick as well.

That's why I laughed off when somebody said Necalli was the worst character in the game when he has an amazing kit for most situations.

I think they did this with the intention of adding things over time. Hopefully they get to.

I think it's easier to add things for balance them so things are useful rather than giving characters tons of tools and trying to do the same thing.

I'm hoping they change up characters at the end of each season. Not just balance changes but adding more moves and such. Probably a bit too much but eh.

They stated they wanted get rid of them, so I suppose they will stand by their word.

I'm sure more will spring up. And Capcom will nerf them once they become noticed.
tbh... I don't mind that. Makes things feel a little clearer.
They left the most common form of option selects: two in ones that do nothing if the first normal whiffs.
For example, VRyu made me realize that Laura had a very good option at mid-distance, outside of the range of zoning characters: st.LK xx LP or EX elbow
If the light kick whiffs, nothing comes out, you're just whiffing a light kick at a safe distance. If the light kick catches a poke, though, it gets cancelled to the elbow for the combo and then you're in their face.
huh, didn't know that one either.
Seriously, and I says this with every fiber of my being. Fuck cammy, may anyone who plays that bitch die a horrible death
savSiQe.png

Skilletor

hahahahahahaha

Seriously.... Why does everyone hate SFIV now?

Like, I'm legit asking as I thought everyone loved it

Thanks SFGAF

Personally, the game never felt right to me. Jumps were weird, frame data felt weird...too easy to upper in blockstrings, or use a reversal, so that it always felt like a guessing game when i was pressuring. I hate being able to FADC moves on block to make them safe. I hated invincible backdashes. I hated OS stuff.

I just hated the game. It didn't feel right to me. I love watching high level SF4, but I rarely enjoyed playing the game.

While I didn't care too much for Ultra's in SFIV, Ryu having his donkey kick special would have been perfect in that game. Can you imagine doing an ex donkey kick into metsu shoryuken??

Shit would be hype as hell.

Thanks SFGAF

SFIV is probably my least favorite mainline game in the entire series. Things like jab combos, invincible backdashes, and FADC into bullshit are the reasons the game should stay dead.

I like the idea that some of you are just keeping receipts of shit posts to pull up on an occasion like this lmao

like just a text document full of links

I don't care too much about donkey kick, but maybe it'd be good so Ryu has more incentive to risk the HP shoryuken, if donkey kick only comboed after it.

I find weird that Dictator's signature move became scissor kicks instead of psycho crusher.

Gotta agree on Aegis.

Psycho crusher never made much sense as an attack that goes through the opponent. There's no other rushing forward attack like that in the game. Boxer's punches, honda's headbutt, blanka's roll, etc all push the opponent back on block or hit.

It really can't serve any purpose other than a combo end special because if he isn't vulnerable on block it's OP, if he is, it makes no sense. The scissor kick makes it redundant.

Thanks SFGAF

SF4 is a very good game, but many people including myself only played it because it has the most competitition. There's a lot of annoying stuff in that game.

Lariat has upper body invincibility. You're anti airing too early if you think cFP is more reliable.

There is 0 advantage to making Lariat a motion. Even if you're extremely fast, it adds several frames to your reaction time.

Donkey kick is the most superfluous move ever, specially since thos game doesn't really have wallbounces sans one move

Thanks SFGAF
It was a fun game but extremely flawed. Now that I have a better SF game to play I have no reason to ignore those flaws anymore.

I don't think buffering OS' is something they'd ever take out. That option for Laura is pretty good though, just wish the st.LK has more range.

Thanks SFGAF

its a cycle. In 2026 when SFVI is about to launch everyone will hate SFV for how complicated it became and SFVI will be their time to shine.

SkylineRKR

Thanks SFGAF

I was surprised that it got so much love. I could understand vanilla, the franchise comeback etc. But I started to find SFIV very dull after a few months of intensive play. I disliked FADC from day one. I cheered when SF3 OE was announced... to find out it was rather shit and was sad that the superior SF3 GGPO was killed for it, haha.

SFIV has almost always been boring to me.. though an SF release at all was more than we could hope for at that time. I guess it got a huge free pass. And yea it IS rather balanced imo.

ElFly

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";198148879]SF4 is a very good game, but many people including myself only played it because it has the most competitition. There's a lot of annoying stuff in that game.

Lariat has upper body invincibility. You're anti airing too early if you think cFP is more reliable.

There is 0 advantage to making Lariat a motion. Even if you're extremely fast, it adds several frames to your reaction time.[/QUOTE]

I know about the frame thing but...zangief is kind of unique on that command move. I find it a weird move right now, certainly aint using it to go through fireballs which was the original intent.

Too...early? that's interesting. Gotta try that.

mbpm1

I like the idea that some of you are just keeping receipts of shit posts to pull up on an occasion like this lmao

like just a text document full of links

Frauds among us

And yeah, Lariat has upper body inv for a bit, so it should work most of the time or at least trade in most ranges

TacosNSalsa

Thanks SFGAF

It's what the game evolved into.Hard knock down was way to easy to get in the game allowing for the set play to dominate at almost all level . Also if you had meter and a move that you can FADC you can just say fuck it and throw it out there without much care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom