• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck cammy

in sfiv
she was my main in the brief time I spent with SFIV tbh. I was initially disappointed when they took out her air grab until I realised they'd removed most characters'.
I mean, you could say the same for Dhalsim.

I do not respect Cammy players.
dhalsim sucks though and should be nerfed.
900 health ain't that little.

Zangief only has 1050!

That's barely one LP SPD more.
maybe I'm basing my thoughts on Survival mode as Cammy but Gief is absolutely terrifying for me as her. If he gets like... three command grabs you're gone :p
So uh... The game just started crashing randomly on my pc.

No idea where it comes from. I've been playing 70h without any problem and out of the blue, 3 hard crashes.
are you on the latest Nvidia drivers? They're trash.

I suggest that anyone who actually thinks Ryu is bad do what I do and watch Daigo matches. Before every match I'll watch Daigo play and honestly I've learned a bunch of the match ups just from observation. Although I'm not sure I'll ever be able to match his level, I'm definately learning each time I see him play.

joanot

with network fight request set to casual and ranked, connection 4-5 bars and accept on, i get a fight every minute or so in the evenings. i'm in the uk.

i can't create a battle lounge (if i do i get disconnected) but i can see everyone's name and details if i search. i then have to wait a few seconds to get to see 2 or 3 people's connection ratings and the rest never show, so i often have to search again. so it normally takes at least 2-3 mins to find a lounge there. 45 minutes is insane but i don't think this is a common issue. some people had success turning off their antivirus early on, or adding exceptions for sfv. otherwise you might want to look into this info from haunts' official blog post:

Ill give it a try, thanks !

mbpm1

I suggest that anyone who actually thinks Ryu is bad do what I do and watch Daigo matches. Before every match I'll watch Daigo play and honestly I've learned a bunch of the match ups just from observation. Although I'm not sure I'll ever be able to match his level, I'm definately learning each time I see him play.

I've basically copied Daigo's parry mindset after his videos. Trying to refine it so I don't spam it but still use it at the right time.

joe2187

Banned
I respect Cammy players because that shit is tough tbh

get hit a few times and it's all over

She's an offensive monster that can stun fast and hit hard, the definition of a glass cannon (SPIKE!)

She's great as she is in the game.

The only thing I want is the return of her Air grab.

Wait, what?

The lower your health goes, the less damage you take from the same attack.

If an attack does a 100% at full health, it'll do 80% or less if you're at 1/4 health.

Also of course, the longer the combo, the less damage the following attack in the combo does.

FluxWaveZ

The lower your health goes, the less damage you take from the same attack.

If an attack does a 100% at full health, it'll do 80% or less if you're at 1/4 health.

Also of course, the longer the combo, the less damage the following attack in the combo does.

Huh. I knew about combo scaling (somewhat), but I had no idea attacks did different amounts of damage depending on the amount of health the opponent had left. I never noticed that before, either. Interesting.

Shadoken

Huh. I knew about combo scaling (somewhat), but I had no idea attacks did different amounts of damage depending on the amount of health the opponent had left. I never noticed that before, either. Interesting.

Yup. Ryu just has 100hp more than Cammy. Even after you do 100 dmg on Ryu. He STILL has more HP than Cammy.

Its because even though characters have different HP values. The size of the lifebar remains the same. So when you will hit the 80%,50% and 25% scaling sooner on the Higher HP character.

Now add that to Combo scaling it starts to make huge differences at low HP.

M3z_

she was my main in the brief time I spent with SFIV tbh. I was initially disappointed when they took out her air grab until I realised they'd removed most characters'.

dhalsim sucks though and should be nerfed.

maybe I'm basing my thoughts on Survival mode as Cammy but Gief is absolutely terrifying for me as her. If he gets like... three command grabs you're gone :p

are you on the latest Nvidia drivers? They're trash.

Sim is a legit intelligence character, zoning, reactions, constant need to be on the move adjusting spacing. Cammy is way less respectful with her nutty play and easy 300 damage combos.

FluxWaveZ

Yup. Ryu just has 100hp more than Cammy. Even after you do 100 dmg on Ryu. He STILL has more HP than Cammy.

Its because even though characters have different HP values. The size of the lifebar remains the same. So when you will hit the 80%,50% and 25% scaling sooner on the Higher HP character.

Now add that to Combo scaling it starts to make huge differences at low HP.

Good to know. Maybe why I sometimes feel like Birdie's HP supply is limitless when I'm having trouble against him.

Went against my nemesis Zangief, GiefKid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lYjHmTu550

I've been seeing this player occasionally on Ranked pretty much since I started playing. It's cool to see that we're growing at pretty much the same pace.

Xeteh

She's an offensive monster that can stun fast and hit hard, the definition of a glass cannon (SPIKE!)

She's great as she is in the game.

The only thing I want is the return of her Air grab.

Can of Sprite! She's just a fan of the lemon lime.

Yeah, I miss her air grab so much. My cousin is someone I play with a ton and he likes jumping as if the floor is a trampoline. Throwing his ass down with Cammy was a particular joy of mine.

Good to know. Maybe why I sometimes feel like Birdie's HP supply is limitless when I'm having trouble against him.

Went against my nemesis Zangief, GiefKid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lYjHmTu550

I've been seeing this player occasionally on Ranked pretty much since I started playing. It's cool to see that we're growing at pretty much the same pace.

Watched some of your matches last night. I'm jealous.

Edit: Awesome match, I keep messing around with Mika. She's so much fun.

AH HAHAHAHAHA

Had my second Ragequit in a casual match, second time I beat that scrubby Ken and he DCs as he is being thrown.

Name: Scrubsan

Shame!

Wow Gief Vs Nash is a horrible matchup for Gief. I've dominated every one I met except for like two. On the flipside if Gief touches Nash, his health melts.

FluxWaveZ

Yep.

Zangief really needs to risk some V-skills to get in, and it is super risky.

I think I still feel the most threatened when faced with a Zangief compared to other characters. I can have more trouble with other characters like Dhalsim or Chun-Li, but for Mika to do damage she has to get in real close, and that's where Zangief can really mess me up.

Xeteh

I think I've only ever really touched ~3 other characters so far. Something about Mika's aesthetic just clicks with me the most.

I just like how they nailed the whole wrestler thing with her. Her moves all feel very "realistic" and they work. Her V-Trigger being a tag team partner and the EX moves associated with that are all really cool. Can't wait to blow 40k on her story mode costume too, its awesome.

ElFly

That isnt how it works. HP isnt just a FLAT number. You gotta take into account scaling as well.

Bro, you are super exaggerating the effects of scaling.

I went to the lab and tested it.

4 HP SPDs kill Cammy. 3 HP SPDs + 1 MP SPD leave her alive!

4 HP SPDs + 1 LP SPD kill Zangief. 3HP SPDs + 1 MP SPD + 1 LP SPD leave him alive!

Cammy is literally just one LP SPD away from Zangief's health. Which is roughly the 150 points in difference once you consider scaling.

Rektash

Can someone explain me grappler matchups in fighting games?

Like I just don't get it. I have played thousands of hours of SF IV, quite a bit of SF II HD Remake and now SF V and I just don't get it.

It's like, I know how you are supposed to play these matchups and I try. I don't do anything wild, I try to keep them out via a patient footsie game. It works for a while but every single time there is a point where it just goes south. They get in, catch me with 1 or 2 gimmicks and I am done. I crumble every time.

It feels so volatile. I work my ass of trying to keep Zangief out and all he needs is to get in one time or get plain lucky and it's over. Pls, how do I get over this :-/?

galvatron

Where *is* Floe, tho

Someone asked him about tournaments that he's attending on his twitch stream and he made a bunch of jokes about attending events in various rooms of his house...so, I'm guessing streaming is his focus in term of playing in public.

Shadoken

Bro, you are super exaggerating the effects of scaling.

I went to the lab and tested it.

4 HP SPDs kill Cammy. 3 HP SPDs + 1 MP SPD leave her alive!

4 HP SPDs + 1 LP SPD kill Zangief. 3HP SPDs + 1 MP SPD + 1 LP SPD leave him alive!

Cammy is literally just one LP SPD away from Zangief's health. Which is roughly the 150 points in difference once you consider scaling.

The test you are doing does diminish the effect of scaling because you are landing raw SPDs. Replace that 150 dmg SPD with a 150dmg bnb like a couple of Lights into special.
It is more of an exponential effect , you REALLY start noticing it when you do long combos especially when they are low on health.

FluxWaveZ

Like I just don't get it. I have played thousands of hours of SF IV, quite a bit of SF II HD Remake and now SF V and I just don't get it.

It's like, I know how you are supposed to play these matchups and I try. I don't do anything wild, I try to keep them out via a patient footsie game. It works for a while but every single time there is a point where it just goes south. They get in, catch me with 1 or 2 gimmicks and I am done. I crumble every time.

It feels so volatile. I work my ass of trying to keep Zangief out and all he needs is to get in one time or get plain lucky and it's over. Pls, how do I get over this :-/?

I don't think much more can be said other than keep your distance. Really learn the appropriate means to keep grapplers at bay; the reach of each of your normals and how far reaching theirs are, making sure they can never get in.

By their very nature they tend to be comeback characters, so it's as much on you to not mess up as it is on them to find that golden opportunity. You'll need to predict what they think you'll do and answer accordingly by doing the opposite.

Xeteh

You already seemingly understand it. It is just the nature of that character type. Their hardest job is getting in range and once they do they can make your life hell. There isn't much you can do other than do your best to be as far away as possible.

Xeteh

So the 6 additional characters are unlockable in-game? Cool

Yep! The only things you can't buy with Fight Money are the "premium" costumes. Story mode costumes will be purchasable but are kind of pricey compared to characters.

100k for a character
40k for the story costumes

Shadoken

Mix it up , Just because he is Gief doesnt mean you shouldnt Rush him down. Even when I played Guy in SF4. I would often do bursts of Rushdown on Gief. I mean it might seem like suicide but the change of pace will throw him off. Its not like his grabs are invincible , you just need to be wary of the frame traps you use.

You can only keep out a player for so long (Unless your character is some kind of super Zoner ) , if he is as good as you he Will eventually guess right and get in.

ElFly

The test you are doing does diminish the effect of scaling because you are landing raw SPDs. Replace that 150 dmg SPD with a 150dmg bnb like Cr.LPxCr.LPxHadoken.
It is more of an exponential effect , you REALLY start noticing it when you do long combos especially when they are low on health.

Since when Cr.LPxCr.LPxHadoken. does 150 dmg!??!

I went with Ryu's Jumping Fierce, Crouching Fierce, Fierce Hadoken (jFP, cFPxHP hadouken). It does 219.

Zangief eats five and a jab to die
Cammy eats four and a MP and LP to die

It is not _that_ dramatic.

Of course if you go with flashy combos of 500 hits all with light attacks, the scaling is dramatic, but with regular, normal combos, she ain't at that much of a disadvantage.

Gonna make the 30titles trophy so going to get 1 win in ranked with some of them while only played em in easy survival.. Im at 1k lp and still manage to win on 2ond game with Ken against a 1200 Cammy. I have no idea what I am doin but that character really is lame as hell lol. Ruy was easy too.. Gonna be interesting to see what characters will give me the biggest struggle. Im guessing Dhalsim..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom