• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Yep! The only things you can't buy with Fight Money are the "premium" costumes. Story mode costumes will be purchasable but are kind of pricey compared to characters.

100k for a character
40k for the story costumes

I wasn't aware of this. So for future costumes/cosmetics, you won't be able to use Fight Money to get them? Kind of a bummer.

I dislike Mika's story costume.

Shadoken

Since when Cr.LPxCr.LPxHadoken. does 150 dmg!??!

It was just an example I realised that and edited it out later. I mean use whatever Bnb does 150ish dmg . Like say Nash LK->MK->St.LP->Sonic Scythe.

If you are just going to be using Jumpins Hp->St.HP in your test. You are again NOT using the scaling which why I mean when using combos with more than 3 attacks.

Of course if you go with flashy combos of 500 hits all with light attacks, the scaling is dramatic, but with regular, normal combos, she ain't at that much of a disadvantage.

J.HP->C.HP->Hadoken isnt really the kind of move thats going to happen all of the time. If you land two clean jumpins on your enemy your are most likely already winning that round. Also doing a couple of hard hits do skew scaling.
A normal fight has a mix of Unscaled Damage ( Throws ,Pokes ) and Scaled damage ( BnBs, Long Punish Combos , Stun combos)

When you average all that out AND take into account Gief also has like 150?200? Stun more. He is more than just one LP SPD away from Cammy.

Am not saying Gief has like 500 HP more than Cammy or anything , but he is going to be able to take more hits. While mostly dealing Raw unscaled damage to his enemy ( SPDs and Pokes )

The God

Yep! The only things you can't buy with Fight Money are the "premium" costumes. Story mode costumes will be purchasable but are kind of pricey compared to characters.

100k for a character
40k for the story costumes
Alright. I'm just about sold.

Xeteh

I wasn't aware of this. So for future costumes/cosmetics, you won't be able to use Fight Money to get them? Kind of a bummer.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal is with the premium costumes. If they're just... every other costume other than the story mode ones or if they're select costumes? Dunno.

I'll fight you about Mika's story costume, I think its great. Not in SFV though, I don't want to get destroyed.

Alright. I'm just about sold.

No1.gif

ElFly

It was just an example I realised that and edited it out later. I mean use whatever Bnb does 150ish dmg . Like say Nash LK->MK->St.LP->Sonic Scythe.

Am not saying Gief has like 500 HP more than Cammy or anything , but he is going to be able to take more hits. While mostly dealing Raw unscaled damage to his enemy ( SPDs and Pokes )

"If you are going to do unoptimal combos, scaling is really important!" is kind of a weak argument. jHP, cHPxHadouken ain't even hard. It's a classic combo! It is a real, practical example.

I used Cammy's fHK, cMPxHK spiral arrow, 5 hits for 214. (could not do the Nash combo, lol) That's not a jump'in, has multiple hits.

Cammy eats 4 of those + fHK, cMP and dies.

Zangief eats 5 of those + MP and dies too!

Ok this is _slightly_ more dramatic, but do notice that gief is barely eating only one combo more, which, roughly, is the difference in HP they have + scaling.

I get the discussion on raw hits and stuff, but the truth is, Cammy has a lot more chances to use combos and land raw stuff than Gief. She just has more mobility, moves with invincinbility that start hitting from the first frame, etc. If you are telling me that Cammy doesn't do A LOT of pokes...well you are playing Cammy wrong.

I am doing all the heavy lifting in this discussion and you ain't really presenting any real counter examples.

ElFly

Cammy eats 7 cMKxxSpiral Arrow and dies

Zangief eats 8 cMKxxSpiral Arrow and is left with the magic pixel. Literally zero HP.

cMKxxSpiral Arrow is like super duper easy! Literally a poke into a special. Nothing fancy like a jump'in

Dunno what you are expecting me to tell you, but the lab tests indicate that Zangief roughly eats 1 more combo + change than Cammy, of whatever decent combo. If you need 2 extra combos to kill Zangief compared to Cammy, you are doing a p bad combo.

This was always going to be the case. They said that all gameplay related DLC (characters, stages presumably) would be available with fight money OR real money. Cosmetic DLC was always going to be real money only. Only exception are the story costumes which are only purchasable in the store after you unlock it by playing through that character's story mode. Premium costumes are extra costumes not unlocked through playing anything in game and are real money only. When we talk about colors, Capcom has not commented if they will be real money only, or also purchasable with fight money. If Capcom continues this pattern, then we can assume that it will be another piece of cosmetic DLC that is purchasable with fight money since like the story costumes, colors are unlockable through normal gameplay anyway.

Xeteh

Zangief eats 8 cMKxxSpiral Arrow and is left with the magic pixel. Literally zero HP.

cMKxxSpiral Arrow is like super duper easy!

Dunno what you are expecting me to tell you, but the lab tests indicate that Zangief roughly eats 1 more combo than Cammy, of whatever decent combo. If you need 2 extra combos to kill Zangief compared to Cammy, you are doing a p bad combo.

I'm really shit at this game and you're putting my best strategy out there. Seriously man, you're killing me.

FluxWaveZ

This was always going to be the case. They said that all gameplay related DLC (characters, stages presumably) would be available with fight money OR real money. Cosmetic DLC was always going to be real money only. Only exception are the story costumes which are only purchasable in the store after you unlock it by playing through that character's story mode. Premium costumes are extra costumes not unlocked through playing anything in game and are real money only. When we talk about colors, Capcom has not commented if they will be real money only, or also purchasable with fight money. If Capcom continues this pattern, then we can assume that it will be another piece of cosmetic DLC that is purchasable with fight money since like the story costumes, colors are unlockable through normal gameplay anyway.

It makes sense considering their business model, though I guess I must have assumed even the cosmetics could be purchasable with FM because of the story mode costumes and the fact that even characters could be gained through that currency. Thought it'd just be a ridiculous amount of FM to get some of that stuff (40k for 1 story costume is already pretty hefty).

Hope they offer stuff that I'll actually want to pay for.

Shadoken

"If you are going to do unoptimal combos, scaling is really important!" is kind of a weak argument. jHP, cHPxHadouken ain't even hard. It's a classic combo! It is a real, practical example.

I used Cammy's fHK, cMPxHK spiral arrow, 5 hits for 214. (could not do the Nash combo, lol) That's not a jump'in, has multiple hits.

Cammy eats 4 of those + fHK, cMP and dies.

Zangief eats 5 of those + MP and dies too!

Ok this is _slightly_ more dramatic, but do notice that gief is barely eating only one combo more, which, roughly, is the difference in HP they have + scaling.

I get the discussion on raw hits and stuff, but the truth is, Cammy has a lot more chances to use combos and land raw stuff than Gief. She just has more mobility, moves with invincinbility that start hitting from the first frame, etc. If you are telling me that Cammy doesn't do A LOT of pokes...well you are playing Cammy wrong.

I am doing all the heavy lifting in this discussion and you ain't really presenting any real counter examples.

You do realize this is still a 3 hit combo right? The scaling is still the same as your previous combo J.HP->cr.HP->Hadoken. Do you think there is going to be a fight where all the opponent did is J.HP->S.HP->Some special?

And I wasn't even trying to make this into a Cammy Vs Gief discussion. You can take any character you want Karin,Ryu,Ken,Birdie...Whoever.

The point I was trying to make is Saying Gief(or Birdie) and Cammy(or Karin,Sim) are just one LP SPD apart is incorrect. There is more depth to that. That is all.

cMKxxSpiral Arrow is like super duper easy! Literally a poke into a special. Nothing fancy like a jump'in

Dunno what you are expecting me to tell you, but the lab tests indicate that Zangief roughly eats 1 more combo than Cammy, of whatever decent combo. If you need 2 extra combos to kill Zangief compared to Cammy, you are doing a p bad combo.

You seem to be missing the point entirely. Like I said in multiple posts. A fight isn't going to just have Pokes and 2 hit combos.

Doing a pretty bad combo? This isnt how shit works in Fighters , you need to confirm off whatever normal you get. If you land a LP , you better take advantage off that.

Try doing any LONG Crush counter punish combo and see how your testing goes.

ElFly

You seem to be missing the point entirely.

Like I said in multiple posts. A fight isn't going to just have Pokes and 2 hit combos.

You are just posting a ton of theory fighter v, while I actually went to training mode and tested this.

Please post real examples or accept you are wrong.

Xeteh

Huh, I wasn't aware of that. Its not a big deal, I don't mind the cosmetic DLCs. Hell, I'm down to support Capcom for their games but yeah... I just wasn't sure which costumes fell under "premium" or not. Thanks!

How can i make a new account? What do i need to delete?

I'd think just your save data? Don't quote me on it.

Shadoken

You are just posting a ton of theory fighter v, while I actually went to training mode and tested this.

What example do you want? If I test it out with a bunch of Long Punish Combos with huge scaling. That isnt practical too because no real fight is going to be ONLY long scaled punish combos.

I dont see how this concept is hard for you to understand. You seem to be the only guy here who doesnt get it.

Instead of looking at it like Gief has 150 Hp more than Cammy think of it this way.
Ryu,Ken..etc have a standard Health , Gief has 5% more health than standard and Cammy has 10% lower.

Please post real examples or accept you are wrong.

Accept I am wrong about what exactly? That There is something called HP scaling in addition to combo scaling?

Because Sorry I didnt come up with it. Capcom did , and it is very much in the game.

Xeteh

Sadly this wont work , I tried it :( . All it does is kill you scores and story mode progress. Your Fight money and CFN name are forever tied to your PSN/Steam ID.

Huh. I'm surprised about that. I thought about killing my save so that I could change my CFN name
Xetehlol is fucking awful but they require 6 characters
. That sucks. :\

Shadoken

Huh. I'm surprised about that. I thought about killing my save so that I could change my CFN name
Xetehlol is fucking awful but they require 6 characters
. That sucks. :\

The fukers wont even let you change your flag. I am stuck repping "Street Fighter" country forever.

What will come first - CFN or PSN ID changes?

Lmao. Would be hilarious if PSN name change fucks up shit on Capcom's end.

ElFly

What example do you want? If I test it out with a bunch of Long Punish Combos with huge scaling. That isnt practical too because no real fight is going to be ONLY long scaled punish combos.

I dont see how this concept is hard for you to understand. You seem to be the only guy here who doesnt get it.

Instead of looking at it like Gief has 150 Hp more than Cammy think of it this way.
Ryu,Ken..etc have a standard Health , Gief has 5% more health than standard and Cammy has 10% lower.

Accept I am wrong about what exactly? That There is something called HP scaling?

Because Sorry I didnt come up with it. Capcom did , and it is very much in the game.

My Original Statement was "Cammy only has 1 LP SPD less health than Zangief"

You said "That's not how scaling works!" http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=198622535&postcount=5459

I tested it and oops, Cammy needs only one LP SPD more than Zangief to die. So you were already wrong once.

So you whined a bunch more and I actually tested different combos and showed you that Zangief eats only one combo more than Cammy of whatever decent combo you use.

So I don't know what you are talking about, but clearly it is an imprecise and vague point, cause when confronted with evidence you retreated.

Mediking

I mean, you could say the same for Dhalsim.

I do not respect Cammy players.

Why don't you respect us Cammy mains?

If we drop our guard for a SECOND, its all OVER.

Doing a comeback with Cammy is incredibly tough.

"But she's fast! She's quick on her feet! Her bad health means nothing!"

So? That's all she can do is try avoid getting hit while being aggressive.

People on ranked seemed to have figure out Cammy pretty fast. All you gotta do is be a brick wall against us and most Cammy mains will crash to the ground.

I fought against a Ryu today who was the prime example of beating a Cammy main. He just stayed where he was. Every-time I tried to get him to drop his guard, I got hit.

Our precious and cool V-Skill means NOTHING as soon as people discovered we can get hit out of the animation of the V-Skill.

The A.I. spike in Survival Mode knows how to beat Cammy too.

"If its so bad... why do you keep playing as her?"

Cammy and C. Viper are, like, my favorite Street Fighter characters. I'll always support Cammy. Losing with her is heart-breaking but winning with her is also super rewarding.

Shadoken

My Original Statement was "Cammy only has 1 LP SPD less health than Zangief"

You said "That's not how scaling works!" http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=198622535&postcount=5459

And I proved you wrong. A bunch of different combos just show that Zangief eats one more of them than Cammy.

I honestly done even know what you are trying to prove. Or how you proved me wrong.

So you are denying the existence of HP Scaling because you hit Cammy with an UNSCALED 150 dmg Throw?

So you whined a bunch more and I actually tested different combos and showed you that Zangief eats only one combo more than Cammy of whatever decent combo you use.

So I don't know what you are talking about, but clearly it is an imprecise and vague point, cause when confronted with evidence you retreated.

Right , I am the one whining and being Imprecise when you are the one denying the existence of a System in the game. Gotcha.

ElFly

I honestly done even know what you are trying to prove. Or how you proved me wrong.

So you are denying the existence of HP Scaling because you hit Cammy with an UNSCALED 150 dmg Throw?

My statement:

Fly's statement said:
900 health ain't that little.

Zangief only has 1050!

That's barely one LP SPD more.

Your statement

That isnt how it works. HP isnt just a FLAT number. You gotta take into account scaling as well.

Do note that the final LP SPD still scales.

I am not saying scaling does not exists. That's just you trying to squirrel away.

I am saying the difference it makes is not dramatic, and it is very equivalent to simply substracting numbers. I did not take scaling into account, and turns out Zangief survives just one 150 hp combo more than Cammy. Hell, it is even less than that, as cMKxxSpiral Arrow does 140.

Shadoken

Do note that the final LP SPD still scales.

I am not saying scaling does not exists. That's just you trying to squirrel away.

I am saying the difference it makes is not dramatic, and it is very equivalent to simply substracting numbers.

And there we have it. So you how exactly did you prove me wrong when you admit Gief does have more effective HP than 150 via scaling.

And LP SPD only scales with HP scaling not combo scaling. When you do a combo and add that scaling , the difference is % based not flat out subtracted.

Mediking

She's an offensive monster that can stun fast and hit hard, the definition of a glass cannon (SPIKE!)

She's great as she is in the game.

The only thing I want is the return of her Air grab.

I love Cammy (heck, she's my main) but don't hype her up like that without mentioning that all an opponent has to do is stand where they are and be a brick wall to beat Cammy.

People are EASILY stopping Spiral Arrow. It's not our trump card.

Cannon Spike? Trying to goad an opponent into jumping in SFV? Good luck with trying that.

HardRojo

So I played a bit of ranked today and went from 2036 to 2300 something LP, yet the main menu still shows it as 2036, is this a common issue? My ranked replays are there, so I'm sure those matches were recorded by the server.

ElFly

Again wrong. In two counts.

LP SPD does 180.

And I did it at the end, so that LP SPD is scaled.

Please hit training mode and test the stuff you say before talking shit and you will see that scaling isn't crazy important.

And there we have it. So you how exactly did you prove me wrong when you admit Gief does have more effective HP than 150 via scaling.

And LP SPD only scales with HP scaling not combo scaling. When you do a combo and add that scaling , the difference is % based not flat out subtracted.

Again Again wrong, as LP SPD is 180. Please go to training mode before talking uninformed shit about the game.

What do you make of the several different combos I did on Cammy and Zangief, of which it only took one more to kill Zangief? I ain't exactly a combo machine, I did super easy, common bnb combos. Scaling is overrated.

More proof you don't know what you are talking about

The test you are doing does diminish the effect of scaling because you are landing raw SPDs. Replace that 150 dmg SPD with a 150dmg bnb like Cr.LPxCr.LPxHadoken.

cLP, cLPxHadoken does not do 150.

I am sorry you are time and time again wrong and squirrel away in semantics.

Please be more precise.

I love Cammy (heck, she's my main) but don't hype her up like that without mentioning that all an opponent has to do is stand where they are and be a brick wall to beat Cammy.

People are EASILY stopping Spiral Arrow. It's not our trump card.

Cannon Spike? Trying to goad an opponent into jumping in SFV? Good luck with trying that.

It seems like her main mechanic is that her EX and V Trigger moves cross through the opponent, also Spin Knuckle. Always be confusing.

Shadoken

Again wrong. In two counts.

LP SPD does 180.

And I did it at the end, so that LP SPD is scaled.

Please hit training mode and test the stuff you say before talking shit and you will see that scaling isn't crazy important.

This was my bad then.

But again this just proves my point that even though the difference in health is 150 , you need a 180 dmg attack to make up the difference. And probably even more if its a combo (210 ). As you have already tested.

So what exactly is the problem here? You already proved that the 150 HP difference Scales up to 180 or 214 ( If you do a combo ).

This was my point from the very start.

Shadoken

Again Again wrong, as LP SPD is 180. Please go to training mode before talking uninformed shit about the game.

What do you make of the several different combos I did on Cammy and Zangief, of which it only took one more to kill Zangief? I ain't exactly a combo machine, I did super easy, common bnb combos. Scaling is overrated.

More proof you don't know what you are talking about

So you want to only do a basic 2-3 hit combo and you wanna say scaling is overrated cool.

cLP, cLPxHadoken does not do 150.

I am sorry you are time and time again wrong and squirrel away in semantics.

Please be more precise.

I already corrected my self there and edited that post. But you seem hell bent just to prove me wrong. When you clearly know what I meant to say.

This What I am trying to say , take it however you will. I am done.

The difference between Gief and Cammy is more than 150 hp , if you take into account HP scaling. You yourself proved it takes a 180 dmg grab ( only affected by HP scaling ) or a 214 dmg combo ( Affected by combo and HP scaling ) To make up the difference. The longer the combo the more exponential the difference will be , because scaling is % based.

ElFly

So you cant do more than a basic 2-3 hit combo and you wanna say scaling is overrated cool.

I already corrected my self there and edited that post. But you seem hell bent just to prove me wrong. When you clearly know what I meant to say.

This What I am trying to say , take it however you will. I am done.

The difference between Gief and Cammy is more than 150 hp , if you take into account HP scaling. You yourself proved it takes a 180 dmg grab ( only affected by HP scaling ) or a 214 dmg combo ( Affected by combo and HP scaling ) To make up the difference. The longer the combo the more exponential the difference will be , because scaling is % based.

That proves my point tho; the difference between zangief and cammy IS a LP SPD, even when considering scaling. That means life scaling ain't really dramatic if it barely can adjust for one 30hp hit of difference.

The 214 dmg combo is more drastic, sure (but Zangief still eats just one more) but... what do you make of cMK xx spiral arrow. That's 140hp only, and Cammy eats 7 and dies, and Zangief eats 8 + jab and dies. The difference is almost inexistent. This is kind of crazy in how unimportant scaling is, since the combo is LESS than the HP difference "on paper" and Zangief still barely survives one more.

If you think Zangief can survive 2 more combos of some long, multi hit combo, than Cammy, let's see it.

I guess you can find an example, but it will be a convoluted thing, not a BnB or stuff people actually use. As far as I can see, scaling makes little difference.

guts and characters having different amounts of health is still fucking stupid
I somewhat agree. Maybe it wouldn't bother me so much in this game if characters with low health didn't also have such a low stun ceiling. Unique health values are just something that ultimately needs to be worked around for no reason whatsoever. It is kind of a chore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom