• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
That proves my point tho; the difference between zangief and cammy IS a LP SPD, even when considering scaling. That means life scaling ain't really dramatic if it barely can adjust for one 30hp hit of difference.

The 214 dmg combo is more drastic, sure (but Zangief still eats just one more) but... what do you make of cMK xx spiral arrow. That's 140hp only, and Cammy eats 7 and dies, and Zangief eats 8 + jab and dies. The difference is almost inexistent. This is kind of crazy in how unimportant scaling is, since the combo is LESS than the HP difference "on paper" and Zangief still barely survives one more.

If you think Zangief can survive 2 more combos of some long, multi hit combo, than Cammy, let's see it.

I guess you can find an example, but it will be a convoluted thing, not a BnB or stuff people actually use. As far as I can see, scaling makes little difference.

I just did this test because I'm getting tired of the back and forth.
first I did something straightforward with vega vs cammy, simply his claw target combo: hp > hp > vskil

Cammy died on the first HP of the 6th one, gief died on the first hp of the 7th one.
But that's boring and not like how a match goes. so I did the following:
jHP, HP > claw switch, crMP > ex FB, attack, vtrigger
lp command grab
clawless targetcombo into ex FB, but with no follow up (mp > hk > ex fba, no input)
switch back to claw
cr LP, cr LP > lk roll
claw target combo <- cammy dies
lp
claw target combo < gief dies on second HP.

So I guess in a real match, gief is only 1 real combo away from dying compared to cammy.

Shadoken

So I guess in a real match, gief is only 1 real combo away from dying compared to cammy.

Yea he is. I guess thats the idea behind these HP tiers is that you have one more chance/read/risk you can take.

I wouldn't underestimate it in a game where that one extra chance can swing the momentum over to your side. It makes a difference because when you and your opponent have the same length on the life bar , the higher hp character can take a bigger risk.

Reached Super silver and I'm done with ranked. Game is tough, everyone plays the characters so differently, it was a nice ride except for the ragers.

Oh and fuck you Jorgnar raging on me. Last report from me!
http://youtu.be/Go5tpJzEqOQ

If anyone wants to play a mediocre Laura I'm down for a few games.

CFN: killdatninja

So uh... The game just started crashing randomly on my pc.

No idea where it comes from. I've been playing 70h without any problem and out of the blue, 3 hard crashes.
I'm having framerate issues as of two days ago too without knowing why. Ran perfectly fine at a constant 60 (even during the betas) and now all of a sudden it's constantly fluctuating. No automatically downloaded updates messing things up, re-installed new(er) video drivers, closed some processes, nothing helped. Uncertain if it's on my end or not.

dhalsim sucks though and should be nerfed.
Nah x 2. Dhalsim needs to put in a lot more work to be successful relative to Cammy, never mind that most players also overvalue his strengths due to unfamiliarity / inexperience more than anything.

I love Cammy (heck, she's my main) but don't hype her up like that without mentioning that all an opponent has to do is stand where they are and be a brick wall to beat Cammy.
This would be true if footsies (+ by extension shimmies) and frametraps didn't exist. Which she excels in given her strengths. White health also dissuades people from turtling up for too long.

Spman2099

Man, I think people are going to be VERY surprised when they see some of the better tier lists start to shake out in a few months.

A lot of people here are implying that Cammy is weak and Mika is strong. I somehow doubt it is going to shakeout that way.

ElFly

I just did this test because I'm getting tired of the back and forth.
first I did something straightforward with vega vs cammy, simply his claw target combo: hp > hp > vskil

Cammy died on the first HP of the 6th one, gief died on the first hp of the 7th one.
But that's boring and not like how a match goes. so I did the following:
jHP, HP > claw switch, crMP > ex FB, attack, vtrigger
lp command grab
clawless targetcombo into ex FB, but with no follow up (mp > hk > ex fba, no input)
switch back to claw
cr LP, cr LP > lk roll
claw target combo <- cammy dies
lp
claw target combo < gief dies on second HP.

Yeah that sounds about right, kthx.

Hex

Banned
Why don't you respect us Cammy mains?

If we drop our guard for a SECOND, its all OVER.

Doing a comeback with Cammy is incredibly tough.

"But she's fast! She's quick on her feet! Her bad health means nothing!"

So? That's all she can do is try avoid getting hit while being aggressive.

People on ranked seemed to have figure out Cammy pretty fast. All you gotta do is be a brick wall against us and most Cammy mains will crash to the ground.

I fought against a Ryu today who was the prime example of beating a Cammy main. He just stayed where he was. Every-time I tried to get him to drop his guard, I got hit.

Our precious and cool V-Skill means NOTHING as soon as people discovered we can get hit out of the animation of the V-Skill.

The A.I. spike in Survival Mode knows how to beat Cammy too.

"If its so bad... why do you keep playing as her?"

Cammy and C. Viper are, like, my favorite Street Fighter characters. I'll always support Cammy. Losing with her is heart-breaking but winning with her is also super rewarding.

Your Ryu example is textbook.
And with Cammy's health, those tip taps add up fast

ElFly

Do we know how much fight money dailies will offer? Still wondering whether or not I should grab the season pass or not. Can be had for $23 on gmg atm

I really doubt it will be a lot; considering leveling up gives you 1000 points, and you level up like once or twice a day, I am going to put it on that level, 1000 or 2000 points

ElFly

I'll just get the season pass and save my FM for costumes and other stuff.

Some costumes will only be available by real money.

But still then, the season pass doesn't sound bad. I only have 200k right now, I guess I could get enough for another char, and only then the season pass is a bad idea.

Durden77

Yeah I bought the season pass and am planning on saving my FM for season 2 and other misc. things. Plus I wanted the costumes.

Can't wait till this game is loaded with characters and costumes like SFIV. Gonna be so fucking cool.

HardRojo

Some costumes will only be available by real money.

But still then, the season pass doesn't sound bad. I only have 200k right now, I guess I could get enough for another char, and only then the season pass is a bad idea.
Ah yeah, I meant the story costumes :p
I got about 370k, but I don't feel like grinding for 600k, and the season pass also comes with premium costumes, so I'll just go with that.

aoinokaze

Neo Member
I love Cammy (heck, she's my main) but don't hype her up like that without mentioning that all an opponent has to do is stand where they are and be a brick wall to beat Cammy.

People are EASILY stopping Spiral Arrow. It's not our trump card.

Cannon Spike? Trying to goad an opponent into jumping in SFV? Good luck with trying that.

You're suppose to be conditioning opponents with frametraps and throws before/with divekicking, just like the way divekick was being used in SFIV. You pressure opponents with frame traps, then go for the dive kick up close to catch a counter hit, throw break attempt, or even to continue the pressure on when you're at frame advantage on block. Watch when Poongko or Kazunoko uses divekick after max distance st.lp to correctly space a lk divekick for the plus frames into a combo.

Cammy is hella good so far. What is your current LP and CFN? I'm at 5.5k lp gold and I would love to show you how good Cammy's pressure and the comback potential she has.

mbpm1

Can someone explain me grappler matchups in fighting games?

Like I just don't get it. I have played thousands of hours of SF IV, quite a bit of SF II HD Remake and now SF V and I just don't get it.

It's like, I know how you are supposed to play these matchups and I try. I don't do anything wild, I try to keep them out via a patient footsie game. It works for a while but every single time there is a point where it just goes south. They get in, catch me with 1 or 2 gimmicks and I am done. I crumble every time.

It feels so volatile. I work my ass of trying to keep Zangief out and all he needs is to get in one time or get plain lucky and it's over. Pls, how do I get over this :-/?

That's the matchup.

Accept that when a grappler gets in most of the time it's not in your favour and work to improve stopping them from getting in. At the same time realize that when (not if) they get in it's guessing game time and just have fun rolling that dice. I know I do.

I&#8217;m waiting for tomorrow and see some inspiration Ken and Ryu play to get me motivated to go back in. Maybe I&#8217;ll play Firewatch tonight hmm...

Play firewatch Play firewatch Play firewatch Play firewatch Play firewatch

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Okay, tried Ranked for the first time in weeks. No rage quitters and I got to 1336LP really quickly. So that makes me feel good about my chances to at least make Silver if I really tried.

Omni and Count, I have to take care of some domestic duties but I will try to be on late night!

So... I finally manage to hit Ultra Bronze and now I'm getting matched with silvers in the 2500LP range? And I lose 55LP per loss? Seems fair.

I mean I'm learning things, but losing that much LP seems a bit much.

Edit: AND IT JUST TRIED TO STICK ME WITH A 6400 LP CAMMY. WHO D/C'd AT THE LOADING SCREEN. WHAT.

I just lost six in a row, won one and didn't even have the awareness to quit with that. So goddamn salty and it's just because I was playing crappy. Ugh.

tumblr_inline_o4467qQ9ba1qduu91_500.gif

Could be worse, you could have lost 6, then run into 4 separate people who all rage quit as you were about to win >.>

I had two RQs mid loss streak, which was great. I barely even count them as people anymore. But 4 of the 6 were LP of 2500-3500 and I was only at 1300. It's cool to fight higher ranks, I actually appreciate it more. But it was not what I wanted to see at the time, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom