• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paltheos

Last night I finally finished all characters' Normal Survival. Only a few of them are really bad - I had the toughest time with Laura, I think, where round 27 Gief stopped me 3 times. When the AI doesn't want you to win and your character doesn't have an attack the AI seems to not be able to block, you've just gotta take it. Thankfully that doesn't happen too much.

Now on to Hard Survival (again). Wooo...
I've heard that DP characters can cheese their way through, but I really want to clear with Bison. Might need to do some AI research.

I prefer lp dp. It goes straight up, catches cross up attempts sometimes, less recovery and (unless that hp dp hits really meaty) does more damage. A solid 80.

LP DP isn't a bad option, but I don't believe it has any invincibility. So you have to weigh the faster start up versus HP's invincibility.

Last night I finally finished all characters' Normal Survival. Only a few of them are really bad - I had the toughest time with Laura, I think, where round 27 Gief stopped me 3 times. When the AI doesn't want you to win and your character doesn't have an attack the AI seems to not be able to block, you've just gotta take it. Thankfully that doesn't happen too much.

Now on to Hard Survival (again). Wooo...
I've heard that DP characters can cheese their way through, but I really want to clear with Bison. Might need to do some AI research.

I assume you cleared all storys and easy survivals too, how much fm do you have?

Im thinking about clearing normal with all too but only done with like 5 chars atm. Most seem to be able to me to just block and grip/ crhk most opponent for cheeze. Just gotta figure out the Last Ruy, Necali and Bison and pray for rng..

wamberz1

Is anyone else getting this thing where the main page takes a couple minutes to actually try and log you in? And I'm still getting that I only have 1733 LP on my main screen no matter what. C'mon capcom.

Obscura

Can't really tell you much, but Karin's dash is really fast, and so a lot of Karin players (myself included) love to dash in and hit a c.MK, and if it hits, cancel into Tenko for a full combo. If you see he's doing that a lot, parry after a dash in. Don't overuse it, though. First time you get parried, you immediately stop doing it.

Also, don't let him get away with unsafe shit. QCB K is unsafe, QCB P is unsafe, Tenko is unsafe, shoulder is safe, but it's a neutral situation, not exactly in Karin's favor.

st MP is your friend, so is st LK.

Good luck man, whats your tournament name? Maby we see you on stream:)

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully I can put it to use in the heat of the moment.

Eraserhead. I am not prepared for this so hopefully I won't be on stream ha. Maybe for my losers match...

Baleoce

My first match today is JWong. I need advice against Karin as Ryu.

If he does a sweep from max distance, and you block it, you have a few options that don't look like they'd work but do.

Medium DP. Gives you a knockdown. Uses no meter. (Don't use heavy DP, it whiffs, EX DP is unreliable and can whiff the second hit)

st.LK xx EX Tatsu (Uses 1 bar, you can use it to try and bring them closer to a corner as well)

Raw Super.

Also, good luck man :)

Paltheos

I assume you cleared all storys and easy survivals too, how much fm do you have?

Im thinking about clearing normal with all too but only done with like 5 chars atm. Most seem to be able to me to just block and grip/ crhk most opponent for cheeze. Just gotta figure out the Last Ruy, Necali and Bison and pray for rng..

With an all level 17 cast (except Bison who's at 26) from clearing all Story, Easy Survival, and Normal Survival and the Ranked/Casual matches I've played with Bison (and like a few with Ryu), I've gotta 431900 FM.

It's not coming out this month. I can feeeeel it.

Yeah, I think so too, will be April 1st alright
photo.jpg

they arent on the same plane of skill. top ryus also lose to random ass dhalsims, nashes and necralis. all some of the most unbalanced matchups ive seen in a fighting game
If they're losing to 'random' Dhalsims, then they're not a Ryu at the top of their game.

The only thing that's comically unbalanced here is your understanding (or the lack thereof) of your character and the game's mechanics with how you're deaf to any feedback.

oti

Banned
Reached 10 wins in a row today for the first time. 11th. match was unplaybale due to rollback but eh, what you gotta do. 1400 LP!

Got blitzed down to almost Bronze in a mean spiral today. Clawed back up to Ultra again. I have made this post AT LEAST four times, you'd think I'd learn my weaknesses and work on them.

Anyone know how to unlock Character specific titles? Is it just rank wins and levels?

Didn't find much information on the internet, found a document that has some titlles listed, but very little information as to how.
I want "Cool, Assertive Beauty" for Chun-Li. This girl rocks.

Gbraga

Playing on Gold is so stressful. The game kept giving me Gold players when I was Silver, but now that I'm Gold I only get Silver players. While it does make my life somewhat easier (not that big of a difference from Silver to Gold tbh), any match I lose will make me lose so many points...

So far so good, though, 10 win streak!
CZX1oN5UMAATtqy.png

Karin is much stronger than Necalli >_<

No one gives my girl the credit she deserves >_<

Top 5, I swear!

Rektash

Heh, just encountered someone lagswitching for the first time in this game. My combos worked perfectly in the match and the game was running super smooth. That was until I knocked him down. EVERY time I knocked him down the game became a stuttering mess where it was impossible to basically do anything on his wakeup. Guy was playing battle lounge as well, which is kinda strange. Expected this kind of player in ranked but not in battle lounge.

explodet

Last night was a total rollercoaster, got booted out of Ultra Bronze but clawed my way back. Multiple times I ran into the same player twice in a row and always lost. And Necalli remains my total nemesis.

Wanted to start leveling up my Ryu, but I've got a problem:
Can't seem to find the NFC on my arcade stick.

Went from 1200 to 300 yesterday on purpose in ranked to get 1 win with 7 different characters for the 30 titles trophy. Now while im low it feels like a good oppurtunity to try some alts out.

How is those weird "hold" button movements supposed to work? (Chun Li)

Am I just supposed to sit with her like a turtle and count in my head to atleast 3sec and wait for my opponent? Or can they be executed while standing and not backing?

ElFly

Went from 1200 to 300 yesterday on purpose in ranked to get 1 win with 7 different characters for the 30 titles trophy. Now while im low it feels like a good oppurtunity to try some alts out.

How is those weird "hold" button movements supposed to work? (Chun Li)

Am I just supposed to sit with her like a turtle and count in my head to atleast 3sec and wait for my opponent? Or can they be executed while standing and not backing?

You mean...charge moves?

You need to charge less than a second. It is not a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom