• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Went from 1200 to 300 yesterday on purpose in ranked to get 1 win with 7 different characters for the 30 titles trophy. Now while im low it feels like a good oppurtunity to try some alts out.

How is those weird "hold" button movements supposed to work? (Chun Li)

Am I just supposed to sit with her like a turtle and count in my head to atleast 3sec and wait for my opponent? Or can they be executed while standing and not backing?
You need to hold a direction, yes. I remember it was 55 frames in the past, so less than a second. It feels like it's less in V, but I'm not sure.

People who afk while having a battle lounge open are inconsiderate pricks.
They didn't learn anything from UFCGym

KingBroly

Banned
Cammy needs lower hitboxes on her Cannon Strikes to make them harder to jab. Seriously, fucking tired of jab being this God-like counter for anti-airs. A bit more health would also help Cammy. She just doesn't have a lot of tools. Unlike say, Chun who has tools with tools which also have tools.

And Capcom didn't even give us an update this week, meaning I expect the update next week.

Or in April

HardRojo

Cammy needs lower hitboxes on her Cannon Strikes to make them harder to jab. Seriously, fucking tired of jab being this God-like counter for anti-airs. A bit more health would also help Cammy. She just doesn't have a lot of tools. Unlike say, Chun who has tools with tools which also have tools.

And Capcom didn't even give us an update this week, meaning I expect the update next week.

Or in April
I expect an announcement tomorrow, not today.

Or in April
We don't see Sims complaining about this and he ends up in the same place as Cammy when he uses crossup teleports. The good part about both of these positions is that the worst punish they usually have to suffer is an AA jab. It's pretty low risk and high reward in most scenarios.. Comparing anyone except Ryu to Chun also isn't the hottest idea. She does not have tools like the rest of the cast. Bitch got the entire toolbox in comparison to most characters in SFV. I hate fighting Cammy, but I stand in solidarity with Cammy bros because Karin is also a glass cannon and many of her own moves can be nullified by the simplest crouching jab turtle game in the world. However, I think it might be good for us to cool our jets and see what tech comes out for both of them first before requesting anything more than a slight health buff.

SmokeMaxX

Or in April
What happens when you get jabbed vs what happens when you hit with a cannon strike?

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
Jigga_StRiKeR is filthy scum, quit on me 3 times today in ranked.

I googled his CFN and found a video of him quitting on someone else:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cMKIBa6BvOU

Capcom need to sort this out, it's pathetic.

I have to admit that if I didn't buy the digital I would have sold the game by now. Quitters are really ruining my experience.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Are people still having problems creating battle lounges? I create one and 10-20 seconds later there's an error and it kicks me out. On PC.

Yup.

I also can't join Battle Lounges and the Connection indicators dont show up.
#WhensMarchPatch

Rektash

God I feel violated. Just lost against a Rashid that did something all the time. It's like, you want to show him hes got to respect you but you just can't manage to punish his stupid shenenigans and end up loosing the guessing game.

Spinning mixer into ex spinning mixer after a blockstring that felt like it went on for 2 minutes. Just let me do something ffs.

Bah, I need to do something else.

God I feel violated. Just lost against a Rashid that did something all the time. It's like, you want to show him hes got to respect you but you just can't manage to punish his stupid shenenigans and end up loosing the guessing game.

Spinning mixer into ex spinning mixer after a blockstring that felt like it went on for 2 minutes. Just let me do something ffs.

Bah, I need to do something else.

Yes, I call that the 'Ranked Rashid'. I did the same thing for a long time until I realized it only works with the element of surprise. A habit worth breaking because it'll get you crushed in longer sets or local play.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, I call that the 'Ranked Rashid'. I did the same thing for a long time until I realized it only works with the element of surprise. A habit worth breaking because it'll get you crushed in longer sets or local play.

...Oh god I think that's literally me. (Except without following mixer with ex because I forgot what buttons are)

Rektash

It's just so depressing. If all you got for punishes is sweeps, the guessing game is just stacked in his favor.

Steroyd

Is there any punish follow up when you jab someone out of the air with bk.mp with Cammy? I finally have an anti air that works for me consistantly and I can barely do shit to follow up other than canon spiking when they hit the ground which does shit damage and if I don't follow up they're standing infront of me within grab range.

Then again this is baby's first anti air so I'll spam it till I get comfortable with the timing so I can start using St.hk for anti air crush counters, fuck you Ryu's your torment via jumping all over the place will soon be over.

oti

Banned
Guys finally cracked the 1500LP for the first time I'm now 1700 something feels so good man. Played against the number 902 of the world or something. Lost in like 1 minute but only lost 5 LP lol.

Ferrio

Banned
Is there any punish follow up when you jab someone out of the air with bk.mp with Cammy? I finally have an anti air that works for me consistantly and I can barely do shit to follow up other than canon spiking when they hit the ground which does shit damage and if I don't follow up they're standing infront of me within grab range.

Then again this is baby's first anti air so I'll spam it till I get comfortable with the timing so I can start using St.hk for anti air crush counters, fuck you Ryu's your torment via jumping all over the place will soon be over.

Dash under for the mixup?

Had some good sets with a guy called ChiefGief there. On the last game it gave me 40002 error then put me straight back in the lobby with who I thought was ChiefGief so I ready'd up without looking. Somehow a Brazilian player had teleported into his place. Connection was not nice.

Rektash

I can't think of a single character who only has sweeps for punishing. Who do you play?

Not knowing proper punishes isn't the issue here. I know my punish combos, I just can't use them because my brain is fried. It's like a combination of me not beeing able to play my normal concentrated game, me beeing angry because my opponent winning via random shit and online feeling laggy.

I am like a really emotional player and that is having a negative effect on my play constantly.

Freiya

Wonder why for some reason my FC4 just randomly stopped working in SF5. I've reinstalled x360ce like 4 times already too. Nothing is wrong with the controller and the last time I played the game everything was fine. I'm really hoping the upcoming patch is the one that will add native support for controller and sticks.

Steroyd

Dash under for the mixup?

Haha my fingers still turn into noodles when it comes to cross ups, that said if I pressed right, down and while doing that the opponent jumps over me and I press left, kick will Cammy canon spike the proper direction?

Bob White

Or in April

I love Cammy but also love the fact that dive kicks are shit. Cammy is probably top 5 in the game. She's fine. Her buttons are fucking amazing. The more I play her the more I see this. She's like dudley from sf4 mixed with Zangief since she has the best one button AA in the game. Once she moves forward, she really can just stay there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom