• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

Just purchased this game earlier off amazon while it was going through it's weird pricing phase.

Looking for a stick now. Something in the $150-$200 range.

Can anyone help?

ElFly

Karin doesn't really have anything going for her (comparatively speaking) when being put on the defensive, so Chun would be more suitable out of those two picks.

Beta phase matchmaking used to be seconds too. I was expecting a fix by now this long after release, no dice.

The best matchmaking I saw in Beta still let me load training mode and then let me play for thirty seconds...I guess it is not trying to matchmake while loading.

Paltheos

How do I report RQers? Dude's name is SuperWavy. Googled him and saw he posts on 4chan.

Video footage of the RQ, then reported to Capcom. I actually don't see an official topic by Capcom itself specifically devoted for this on Capcom-Unity, but there is a big topic by the users posting their videos.

Kamek

Video footage of the RQ, then reported to Capcom. I actually don't see an official topic by Capcom itself specifically devoted for this on Capcom-Unity, but there is a big topic by the users posting their videos.

so Do i have to hit the share button or something and upload to youtube? seems annoying.

Just played this dude again, beat him AGAIN and he RQed AGAIN. What a little bitch.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Who are the major players in Final Round? TS Sabin there? Daigo? Hellokittyricki?
No Daigo but pretty much everyone else who's good right now.

"ft Kazunoko, Momochi, Xian, Infiltration, Tokido, SonicFox, Snake Eyez, Mago, Fuudo, Bonchan, JWong and more" from EH.

The Orz

Trash talking really is the best. I hope the younger generations of Street Fighter players are keeping the art alive and well.

That's why I vastly prefer to play against close friends--the in-jokes and trash talking is the best. At least, in retrospect. Typical matches--local or online--with my best friend go something like this:

First Hour: Laughing and joking
Second Hour: Gloves come off, quips become a little more venomous
Third Hour: Complete and total silence; rage imminent
Next Day: Laughing and joking about how ridiculously tense the games were the previous day; pattern repeats

I just don't get that from playing strangers online.

I finally made it. Next stop: 6K club

OFMar2Z.jpg

Alright, we've gotten to the point in the night where the game simply stopped telling me my opponents' ranks prior to matches, and ALSO stopped trying to match me against people near me. Last two matches were a super bronze Ken that ragequit, and a super gold Ryu that was teleporting from the second the match began. I think that's enough ranked for the night.

If anyone wants to play a super silver Necalli hit me up at CFN:TheYoTornado.

This game has the worst matchmaking and online infrastructure ever omfg

FluxWaveZ

I think he's saying 6K is top 100.

Well, 6k itself isn't top 100; it should be about 6.7k-6.8k or so.

But I agree that the leagues were designed in a flawed way that are mainly built around the top players, while Bronze is filled with way too many in an all-encompassing rank. It should have been distributed better.

Edit: I think our match froze again, jam86. Ah well, ggs!

I'm not sure what happened it just stayed on the screen forever. Good games if you're done. I really need to get some practice against her. R Mika players I normally are either really bad or really good :( there doesn't seem to be any inbetweens.

That would put you in the top 100. Literally 96% of players are in bronze or lower because of how Capcom did the rankings.

I'd bet money less than half those players are actively playing tho, the division is not nearly as bloated as it might seem.
Edit: Also, the way lp works, the longer this game exists, the easier it'll be to rank up.

FluxWaveZ

I'd bet money less than half those players are actively playing tho, the division is not nearly as bloated as it might seem.

Doesn't matter when the lower leagues are still so bloated. The distribution isn't right; you can just look at the other competitive games to see that.

Tik-Tok

I don't think those stats are accurate. Theres no listing for people in super platinum. Also I think Top100 is about 7500k currently.

I think I "levelled up" so to speak. I'm dismantling 80% of everyone I fight without much trouble anymore, when just last week I was struggling with 3K players.

FluxWaveZ

I think I "levelled up" so to speak. I'm dismantling 80% of everyone I fight without much trouble anymore, when just last week I was struggling with 3K players.

I think I've had a similar breakthrough, in a way I didn't expect since it happened over a long period of time. Want to fight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom