• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

I took the opposite path, starting with Mika as my #1 and now settling on Cammy. I like both, but I love footsies, stuffs and counters so I'm feeling Cammy right now.

Where are you settling as far as LP goes? I'm terrible so I hover around 600-700... I'd assume if I had better execution I'd do fine with Cammy but my reasoning for swapping over to Mika is that she can take a bit more beating. My experience with Cammy is making a mistake or two and ending up being stunned and dead.

Zissou

It comes out so fucking fast on an already super-approachable character.

Maybe if I had frame priority memorized I or lightning-fast reflexes of a vet then yes. But to the average player, come on, the past page had several people pointing out how ridiculously spammed it is due to the high-reward. It needs a windup or something, it's like a normal at this point.

It's balanced by the risk/reward. The move beats practically everything so if you do anything except for blocking, Ken hits you for 140 damage. If you block, you get a free combo against Ken that probably does 300 damage minimum up to like half of Ken's life if you have meter to burn and choose to do so. He can't use the move constantly and succeed because if you block it, he's fucked.

Edgeward

Where are you settling as far as LP goes? I'm terrible so I hover around 600-700... I'd assume if I had better execution I'd do fine with Cammy but my reasoning for swapping over to Mika is that she can take a bit more beating. My experience with Cammy is making a mistake or two and ending up being stunned and dead.

I guess but you will be sacrificing having an invincible DP which will put more pressure on you having a good defense because Mika has nothing outside of ex peach, which doesn't have armor on start up, and v-reversal. And your footsies will be severely hampered as her range is stubby and her best pokes, cr lk and f+mk can't combo into anything from poking range. Just something to keep in mind.

Just had a guy named ChunLi rage quit on me three times in a row.
Second two times he quit after the first round.

He isn't even a Chun player. A terrible Ryu with a 17 win streak who's best combo is jumping HK followed by a sweep.

SmokeMaxX

3849 LP. The stress is real!
EDIT: UGHHHH just lost to a Karin. I have no idea what that character does or how to deal with her garbage.

Xeteh

I guess but you will be sacrificing having an invincible DP which will put more pressure on you having a good defense because Mika has nothing outside of ex peach, which doesn't have armor on start up, and v-reversal. And your footsies will be severely hampered as her range is stubby and her best pokes, cr lk and f+mk can't combo into anything from poking range. Just something to keep in mind.

Yeah, you're right about... everything... But I rely on Cammy's DP too much on wakeup, and her pokes are better than Mika's but... Mika has the HP and she has the pressure. I feel like if I only make 1-2 mistakes with Cammy I'll lose but with Mika i might be able to pull it out.

thisbeard

Anyone want to play my Necalli? I usually sit at around 800 to 1200lp. My ID is Finger_Six. Looking to learn Mika, Bison, Cammy, Laura match ups... But I'll fight anyone, really.

KingBroly

Banned
*Stage 49 Survival Hard with Dhalsim victory. Barely alive...

*Gets Full Health Recovery

*OMG Chooses

*loads...loads...loads...

*Server Disconnect

*dies

*Curls into fetal position

Spman2099

Just had a guy named ChunLi rage quit on me three times in a row.
Second two times he quit after the first round.

He isn't even a Chun player. A terrible Ryu with a 17 win streak who's best combo is jumping HK followed by a sweep.

When you know for certain that they are a rage quitter (you have proof that they have done it before) you should play like an asshole. Repeatedly walk up and throw them, then taunt. If your dumb play allows them to win, RQ just before they get the victory. Either way you are pissing them off.

Yeah, you're right about... everything... But I rely on Cammy's DP too much on wakeup, and her pokes are better than Mika's but... Mika has the HP and she has the pressure. I feel like if I only make 1-2 mistakes with Cammy I'll lose but with Mika i might be able to pull it out.

Give it a try. There is certainly no harm in it. Maybe you will find that Mika suits you better. However, it sounds like your core problem isn't low vitality... You are most certainly going to hit another wall in another shape playing Mika. You probably should focus up on just playing cleaner overall.

SmokeMaxX

When you know for certain that they are a rage quitter (you have proof that they have done it before) you should play like an asshole. Repeatedly walk up and throw them, then taunt. If your dumb play allows them to win, RQ just before they get the victory. Either way you are pissing them off.
I'd be careful with this. You could lose LP on your own account doing this.

So I just played a Rookie in the lounge that beat me and another that gave me a hard time. The first one pretty much had an answer for everything. Obviously his rank was false. Has anyone run into this before? Nobody can have that much knowledge of the game and drop back down to Rookie. I've beaten Platnums and I'm having trouble against a couple of people marked as Rookies...

Also, I'm starting to doubt Nash. I hear he's pretty difficult to win with and so far for me that holds true. EVERYTHING beats his normals and specials. EVERYTHING. He has nothing in the way of defense except the arm he blocks with. The only mix ups he seems to have is cr.mk and st.mk immediately after.

I'm not trying to say I'm perfect or anything but this is really frustrating.

Yes spaz ranks don't show correctly all the time and report players as rookies lately. It's a bug. Also the rare chance that the player doesn't play ranked at all and is just a lounge monster.

I recommend going into the cfn menu and watching high ranked nash players replays. Also focus on replays you feel are bad matches for you

Spman2099

So I just played a Rookie in the lounge that beat me and another that gave me a hard time. The first one pretty much had an answer for everything. Obviously his rank was false. Has anyone run into this before? Nobody can have that much knowledge of the game and drop back down to Rookie. I've beaten Platnums and I'm having trouble against a couple of people marked as Rookies...

Also, I'm starting to doubt Nash. I hear he's pretty difficult to win with and so far for me that holds true. EVERYTHING beats his normals and specials. EVERYTHING. He has nothing in the way of defense except the arm he blocks with. The only mix ups he seems to have is cr.mk and st.mk immediately after.

They may have just not played ranked...

Some people never play ranked, it's as simple as that.

Xeteh

Give it a try. There is certainly no harm in it. Maybe you will find that Mika suits you better. However, it sounds like your core problem isn't low vitality... You are most certainly going to hit another wall in another shape playing Mika. You probably should focus up on just playing cleaner overall.

You're absolutely right. My execution is my biggest problem. Thing is I can nail my punishes/combos everytime in training but if I try to do so in actual matches I struggle. Its why I wanna use Mika for the extra health buffer so I get a couple more chances to do the right thing.

Spman2099

You're absolutely right. My execution is my biggest problem. Thing is I can nail my punishes/combos everytime in training but if I try to do so in actual matches I struggle. Its why I wanna use Mika for the extra health buffer so I get a couple more chances to do the right thing.

You are going to take a lot more damage getting into Mika's attacking range... That being said, you should just do it. Let us know how the conversion turns out. Worst case scenario you can always switch back. No harm, not foul.

If you want, for fun I could pick up Cammy and we could train together. I am a R. Mika main. We could have a couple of casual matches.

Xeteh

You are going to take a lot more damage getting into Mika's attacking range... That being said, you should just do it. Let us know how the conversion turns out. Worst case scenario you can always switch back. No harm, not foul.

For sure. I'm still going to play Cammy when I play in battle lounges but when I play Ranked I'm gonna throw my poor Mika at people.

GorillaJu

Best player I've played so far was a rookie ranked dude in battle lounge. He kicked my ass for about two hours before he felt like I had enough
KuGsj.gif

FluxWaveZ

Best player I've played so far was a rookie ranked dude in battle lounge. He kicked my ass for about two hours before he felt like I had enough
KuGsj.gif

There's a bug right now where the rank of some players are out of whack. I'll usually appear as a Rookie in a Battle Lounge lobby with my favorite character being Ryu, even though those are both wrong.

Rookie players always seem to join my battle lounge. Im like nah let's go easy on him, pick a character I like to goof around with. Until I actually see the vs screen and it's a ultra silver/gold lol.
They must think Im some fraud who ragequited himself to the rank I'm now.

Moaradin

So is there anything that leads us to believe we'll get an Alex and/or patch trailer tomorrow during Final Round or is it just wishful thinking?

Xeteh

So is there anything that leads us to believe we'll get an Alex and/or patch trailer tomorrow during Final Round or is it just wishful thinking?

Wishful thinking for sure. Its hard to imagine a trailer/announcement coming out much later since NCR is coming up right after.

Who fucking knows though.

You need to believe like we do.

It is a mix of wishful thinking and the fact that it would make sense to release the patch after this event.

Spman2099

I think it has less to do with wishful thinking and more to do with the logistics of the situation. Their launch window for the March patch is pretty goddamn small at this point; so we know it is coming soon. The trailer hasn't dropped yet. The first big tournament in the tour is happening right now. It only makes sense for them to launch the trailer during Final Round (probably after the finals). it made sense three weeks ago, it makes WAY more sense now. It is all a guess, but it is an educated guess.

Beautiful. Did you break anything in your place when you popped off? You can tell us. We understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom