• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how do you do Karin's tenko into crouching jab*? cross under shenanigans.

I believe I saw 1 tenko, standing jab wiff, cr.jab hit.

Anything I'm missing or is the timing just tight?

Pompadour

So how do you do Karin's tenko into crouching jab*? cross under shenanigans.

I believe I saw 1 tenko, standing jab wiff, cr.jab hit.

Anything I'm missing or is the timing just tight?

Maybe if you activate V-Trigger after Tenko? I believe any one hit after VT activation will hit an airborne opponent.

I think I "levelled up" so to speak. I'm dismantling 80% of everyone I fight without much trouble anymore, when just last week I was struggling with 3K players.

Not to put you down, or anything (especially as I'm sure you are getting better too), but at the moment the ranking pool is still undergoing a constant state of inflation which causes things to get easier if you're not playing, or not moving in LP.

For instance, on week 1, 4k LP was the maximum, so having 3k was a lot, and meant you'd have a lot of the better players in your pool. Now if you have 3k, it doesn't mean very much, because the upper tiers is between 7 and 10k.

I had a similar phenomena, when I was playing on week one I was getting tough matches even around 2k, but then when I came back after a couple of weeks, everyone in the 2-4k bracket seemed free.

If you can get over 4000-5000 LP you should be able to inflate infinitely too, because the rate of 5000+ LP matches that you get is too significant to outweigh the wins you should earn beating people lower than you. As in, for every 5000+ match you get, you'll face 10+ people below 3000 who tend to be relatively free for better players. So even if you're losing every balanced match, you're still improving in LP.

That's what I feel like is happening to me right now, aside a few surprising wins in the 4000-6000 LP bracket, I often lose to these players, but so frequently do I face people between 500-3000 that my LP is padded back up. This is more of a problem in V than it was in IV because V gives much more reward for missmatched games.

Reminds me of a few pages back when Omni said I was levelling up, as I said I beat a guy with 5700 LP, all I was thinking was 'nope, matchmaking and the LP system are just garbage'.

Xeteh

So after getting shit on like 3 matches in a row with my garbage Cammy play I'm giving Mika a go. I love Cammy but her HP/Stun is so low I feel like I die way too fast. And I make so many mistakes so that happens often.

So after getting shit on like 3 matches in a row with my garbage Cammy play I'm giving Mika a go. I love Cammy but her HP/Stun is so low I feel like I die way too fast. And I make so many mistakes so that happens often.
Once you go Mika it'll be hard to go back lol

At least it was for me. :p Mika is pure fun.

Final Round is pretty entertaining so far.

It just throws more salt into the wound that we don't get to her the default stage themes. Seriously better than the Ken/Ryu/etc remixes.

Mr. X

Went from 1200 to 300 yesterday on purpose in ranked to get 1 win with 7 different characters for the 30 titles trophy. Now while im low it feels like a good oppurtunity to try some alts out.

How is those weird "hold" button movements supposed to work? (Chun Li)

Am I just supposed to sit with her like a turtle and count in my head to atleast 3sec and wait for my opponent? Or can they be executed while standing and not backing?
Hold back while doing an attack like bMP usually enough time.

Btw I'll update the OP tomorrow - anything else to add?

Need to:
Fix the bit about the TE2+
Add Alex info

If anyone has any suggestions for stuff to go in then please suggest them! I'll also upload some new 4K/1080p character shots :)

Ah, only one set? GGs! Need more Nash experience; that MU can be pretty tough for Mika.

I was done for the night, until you asked for a set, so I had to go all the way down to my basement lmao. That was one of the best sets I played tbh. You're an excellent player, but you have some flaws in your plan like jumping a lot. Also, I don't think you anti-aired me once, so you need to work on that. Mika's Cr.MP is a good anti-air, and Wingless Airplane too if you have the reactions.

FluxWaveZ

I was done for the night, until you asked for a set, so I had to go all the way down to my basement lmao. That was one of the best sets I played tbh. You're an excellent player, but you have some flaws in your plan like jumping a lot.

Ah, gotcha. We'll have to play again.

Definitely still have a lot to improve. Yeah, I do still jump too much; I tend to be too impatient for the slow footsies game, and it's the easiest way to get in. Gotta adjust that.

Also, I don't think you anti-aired me once, so you need to work on that. Mika's Cr.MP is a good anti-air, and Wingless Airplane too if you have the reactions.

I think I did that exactly once with a wingless airplane but, yeah, I practically never do cr.MP. Also got to think about doing Wingless Airplane more on reaction, I suppose. Really had a lot of trouble just dealing with general offense until I started teching the throws.

Ah, gotcha. We'll have to play again.

Definitely still have a lot to improve. Yeah, I do still jump too much; I tend to be too impatient for the slow footsies game, and it's the easiest way to get in. Gotta adjust that.

I think I did that exactly once with a wingless airplane but, yeah, I practically never do cr.MP. Also got to think about doing Wingless Airplane more on reaction, I suppose. Really had a lot of trouble just dealing with general offense until I started teching the throws.

Nash's pressure can be very overwhelming. As a rule of thumb, since Mika has a 3F jab, you can poke for free after Nash's Cr.MP, but not Cr.HP. Ex Sonic Boom is +2, as I'm sure you realized, so my turn still isn't over. LK moonslaught is +1, so you could've challenged with your jab and traded at worst, but you instead wasted your V-Reversal on it. You did better than expected for being unfamiliar with the matchup, and it's just those little things that'll make you better against Nash. Oh, and NEVER jump over a slow Sonic Boom, as it's very easy for me to anti-air you.

FluxWaveZ

Nash's pressure can be very overwhelming. As a rule of thumb, since Mika has a 3F jab, you can poke for free after Nash's Cr.MP, but not Cr.HP. Ex Sonic Boom is +2, as I'm sure you realized, so my turn still isn't over. LK moonslaught is +1, so you could've challenged with your jab and traded at worst, but you instead wasted your V-Reversal on it. You did better than expected for being unfamiliar with the matchup, and it's just those little things that'll make you better against Nash. Oh, and NEVER jump over a slow Sonic Boom, as it's very easy for me to anti-air you.

Thanks for the tips, that's definitely the info I'll have to keep in mind. Have to actually read up on frame data, too; that'll help for missing knowledge like that.

Thanks for the tips, that's definitely the info I'll have to keep in mind. Have to actually read up on frame data, too; that'll help for missing knowledge like that.

Ha, I literally spend time of my day memorizing frame data, as that is one of the most important things to know. If you have a smartphone, get the V-Frames app. I think it's the most accurate source for frame data atm.

webkatt

Am I wrong for thinking that they will announce next week that the update has been delayed to April?

I hoped there would be an Alex trailer by now.

FluxWaveZ

Ha, I literally spend time of my day memorizing frame data, as that is one of the most important things to know. If you have a smartphone, get the V-Frames app. I think it's the most accurate source for frame data atm.

I don't unfortunately; I've been hearing a bunch about the app. I assume that the data on Shoryuken right now should be accurate enough?

Am I wrong for thinking that they will announce next week that the update has been delayed to April?

I hoped there would be an Alex trailer by now.

There's a good chance there'll be a trailer tomorrow.

I'm getting The hang of Bison. He's so fun to play and has a lot of ways to stop enemy pressure.

Still having a bit of trouble with Ken's Rushdown tho. I havent figured out the right buttons to stop his Lightning fast attacks.

Dizzy-4U

Is there a FGC player list with their respective IDs? I'm looking at the leaderboards and I found some. Top players at EVO and such I mean.

Is HelloKittyRicki Ricky Ortiz?

You can spam every move in this game but there's a punish for 90% of them. With Ken's DP there's huge punishes.
It comes out so fucking fast on an already super-approachable character.

Maybe if I had frame priority memorized I or lightning-fast reflexes of a vet then yes. But to the average player, come on, the past page had several people pointing out how ridiculously spammed it is due to the high-reward. It needs a windup or something, it's like a normal at this point.

mbpm1

Maybe if I had frame priority memorized I or lightning-fast reflexes of a vet then yes. But to the average player, come on, the past page had several people pointing out how ridiculously spammed it is due to the high-reward. It needs a windup or something, it's like a normal at this point.

nah, the idea with the DP is that you can't react to it and that it's priority is basically unbeatable (although priority as such doesn't officially exist in this game)

You have to anticipate and block it, it's the only escape option for most characters so you have to be aware of it and destroy them when they do it. That's the way it is and the way it's been for some time now. It's not broken, it's just another card. Also if you really aren't sure when it's coming you just have to keep them away so they don't have the chance to use it.

There's nothing to nerf. You get several seconds worth of time to punish it if blocked on top of the Crush Counter status, it needs multiple hits before it launches someone in an airborne / juggle state and it doesn't have invincibility on wake-up so you can stuff it even with a late meatie.

Done. Just not learning a goddamn thing no matter how much I practice or try to study techniques or anything. Same shit every game. Good god.

Out for tonight. Seriously, down for one of you to play me tomorrow and give me pointers because I'm motherfucking lost. Super pissed and frustrated right now at zero progress.

qcf x2

I've messed around with Mika for a while... Cammy is still my favorite but I'm so bad with her. With Mika I feel like I can make a mistake or two and still do something.

I took the opposite path, starting with Mika as my #1 and now settling on Cammy. I like both, but I love footsies, stuffs and counters so I'm feeling Cammy right now.

FluxWaveZ

So anyone who played me here, how good do you think I am, and what are some things I should improve on?

You were better than I was. I think I'd say you were too scared of my command grabs. A good thing to be at times, since you evaded quite a few of my attempts, but I started to catch onto that near the end of our set, which lead to stuff like the endless uppercut corner reset I did a couple of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom