• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

6e5a3fb89c8a4fd8868b689d72ca03f0.jpg

Best way to get advice is to show replays of yourself playing so people can help you.
I don't think I can read. I see everyone blocking like they're psychics, I see non-stop low blocking, people are landing throws from like a screen away because they can predict right (and I'm snagging air at point-blank), etc.

I know part of it is that this is my first SF in a long time, but good lord. It's at the point where I'm regretting the purchase just because I can't figure anything out. Genuinely gonna put the game down for a few days at this point because I'm that frustrated.

qcf x2

Where are you settling as far as LP goes? I'm terrible so I hover around 600-700... I'd assume if I had better execution I'd do fine with Cammy but my reasoning for swapping over to Mika is that she can take a bit more beating. My experience with Cammy is making a mistake or two and ending up being stunned and dead.

I am somewhere in Silver but I haven't spent much time playing ranked, especially while the rage quit issues persist. Execution is critical for squishy characters, so your reasoning makes sense, at least from a confidence standpoint.

Gbraga

Now I'm getting the ragequitters!

Back to Ultra Silver, since every match I win either gives me 10~25 LP or is a super gold ragequitter, and every loss takes 50~100LP from me.

yaaay.

EDIT: Back to Gold, let's go! Please no more Super Golds, game!

I didn't say it was a good idea. But I can kinda see the logic behind it.

I noticed that Kens don't really abuse his 3F tatsu to get out of flawed frametraps, like Nash's Cr.MP to St.MP, there is a 4F gap in which any 3F attack will beat it out.

Because you can be baited into doing it via frametraps or blocking. Disrespecting block strings is only okay if the button you press has a safe outcome. If the button you're pressing is -8, then while you may get away with it once, your opponent will just drop the second half of the string intermittently, only to block and punish you for 300 damage. Which when you weigh up the risk vs reward, your 100-200 damage tatsu combo vs their full punish, just isn't worth it.

Basically if you're doing tatsu to disrespect blockstrings then you might as well just medium srk, because at least that beats frametrap options, whereas tatsu wouldn't. Even that's a bad idea in the long term but if your opponent is predictable then you can go for it as a hard read. But the risk reward balance makes it only worth it once, as your opponent can skew this in his favour by adjusting the timing or simply blocking.

As Rashid I can press st.lk in that string to be awarded a counter-hit 200 damage combo, or be left at +2 on block. The benefits of having a 3 frame are pretty huge. Still best not to do it all the time as you can get caught in frametraps.

Durden77

So a while ago there was a video posted called like "The greatest battle Ryu has ever fought" or something. And it was a scene from one of the anime's where Ryu kicks Bison's ass and Bison rage quits at the end.

Anyone have a link to that video? Preferably in YouTube format? I can't find it.

Zapages

Get to super bronze and my first ever game there is the first rage quitter i've ever had lol
I've gotten rage quitters in bronze. I reached Ultra Bronze and then went down to Bronze...

Although I went 12 to 2 against my friend... We need lobbies and the update ASAP.

Exr

lost 30 straight ranked. I can't figure this damned game out after I started decent.

:/

My reflexes must not be fast enough.
Watch some high level play. Ive been getting my shit pushed in despite being an avid fighting game player but once I watched some high level play I understood the pace of the game more and Im doing a bit better nowm
Also lobbies cant come soon enough. Hard to understand character matchups when lobbies are complete shit.

Maligna

Banned
Are there any people using Rashid and being successful in tournaments this weekend? He's so fun to use and seems like he has a lot of potential but no one uses him.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any people using Rashid and being successful in tournaments this weekend? He's so fun to use and seems like he has a lot of potential but no one uses him.
The Rashids that are still in:
Lamerboi (Rashid)
TS|NerdJosh (Rashid)
LU|Alex Valle (Ryu, Rashid)
MasterBaiter (Rashid)

All in Loser's (taken from Eventhubs)

Really need to stop jumping. Part of me died everytime I got hit by your CA when jumping in.
Hehe. It is the ultimate antiair. You should work on the timing on those jumps. Often I could wakeup and jump with air to air attack. But I need to stop jumping too. Luckily you didn't use antiairs that much. :)

GGs

Looks like the developer of sfv.fightinggame.community (Weeks) is working on getting updates working again within a couple of weeks:
Working out some kinks server-side, new data should be returning in 1-2 weeks
https://twitter.com/fgc_status/status/711582349763461120

I'm looking forward to that, cause I love statistics like those, even if they are mostly pointless. And I doubt that Capcom will implement something similar, despite them having direct access to all the data.

So does anyone want to take bets on who fixes their servers first, Capcom or Weeks?

myco666

Hehe. It is the ultimate antiair. You should work on the timing on those jumps. Often I could wakeup and jump with air to air attack. But I need to stop jumping too. Luckily you didn't use antiairs that much. :)

GGs

Honestly I need to work on everything. Could barely keep up with you and made some really bad decisions all the time.

GGs

Watch some high level play. Ive been getting my shit pushed in despite being an avid fighting game player but once I watched some high level play I understood the pace of the game more and Im doing a bit better nowm
I do. I've watched every high-rated Zangief guide, etc.

At 40 straight now. Gonna try to upload a replay or two so someone here can give me some criticism and if that doesn't work I'm selling off the game. Obviously not gonna be good or improve at it. Thinking calmly and studying framerate/priority/combo etc isn't working, it's clearly just on the physical user control end.

I do. I've watched every high-rated Zangief guide, etc.

At 40 straight now. Gonna try to upload a replay or two so someone here can give me some criticism and if that doesn't work I'm selling off the game. Obviously not gonna be good or improve at it. Thinking calmly and studying framerate/priority/combo etc isn't working, it's clearly just on the physical user control end.

Do you want to do a lobby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom