• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vahagn

Was at 3300 LP and went down go 2700 in 20 minutes.

Let that be a lesson, don't play ranked while also engaging in a Facebook comment argument re: the absurdity of low information political thinkers. You'll get trapped into a rabbit hole you can't climb out of on the Facebook side, and be so angry you can't execute the most basic shit in your matches on the street fighter one lol

Done with Zangief, just done. No wakeup game, loss of Green Hand, SPD is outsped by meaty throws, all guides show 50% of his combos being reliant on V-Trigger... can't do it. Hopefully Alex gives me some grappler hope. :\

Guess it's back to Laura. Or trying Cammy or Karin.

Done with Zangief, just done. No wakeup game, loss of Green Hand, SPD is outsped by meaty throws, all guides show 50% of his combos being reliant on V-Trigger... can't do it. Hopefully Alex gives me some grappler hope. :\

I'm only a 1200 SUper Bronze Scrub right now, but Zangeif seems pretty damn good, is the range on his SPD throws better then in the past? I main Vega and I feel like he can Grab me WHILE I'm doing a long claw attack, like from the tip of the claw lol!

So I was in a match vs Cammy and I called Nadeshiko, I hit Cammy from the front and she blocked but Nadeshiko's hit from the back was blocked too

How does that work? I thought you could only block one direction?

Demoli

So I was in a match vs Cammy and I called Nadeshiko, I hit Cammy from the front and she blocked but Nadeshiko's hit from the back was blocked too

if you are attacking with mika from the front and the v trigger comes from the back, you only need to block as if you were blocking mika.

Since mika didn't change sides, the blocking side didn't either.

Zophar

How much goes into calculating the LP you win/lose after a match? It seems like I'm consistently getting dinged for about 66 and going up about 35 for every loss/win, regardless of what my opponent's LP number is.

Whales

Banned

You see it happen often with rashid's vtrigger too

pretty sure you just autoblock both sides if you manage to block the first hit

If you block one hit in either direction you are in blockstun long enough to autoblock the other. So if you hit them at the front and nadeshiko hits them in the back immediately afterwards, provided they block the front, they will autoblock the back hit.

Mediking

What...what the heck?! My whole experience with this game has changed for the positive now that I'm fighting to LEARN instead of fighting to win....

I....I.... I'm getting better with Cammy.....

I feel like crying tears of joy....

I'm only a 1200 SUper Bronze Scrub right now, but Zangeif seems pretty damn good, is the range on his SPD throws better then in the past? I main Vega and I feel like he can Grab me WHILE I'm doing a long claw attack, like from the tip of the claw lol!
I think the range is about the same, but LP SPD is a smidge quicker. He can grab about an inch away from his fingertip, in real measurements.

He's not what he used to be, though. Even Snake Eyez said he didn't like how he plays now.

That's all for my tantrums that's shitting up the thread. I'm just really frustrated because I love SF and have never ever been good at it and I really want to change that.

I think the range is about the same, but LP SPD is a smidge quicker. He can grab about an inch away from his fingertip, in real measurements.

He's not what he used to be, though. Even Snake Eyez said he didn't like how he plays now.

That's all for my tantrums that's shitting up the thread. I'm just really frustrated because I love SF and have never ever been good at it and I really want to change that.

From what I can see, the range on LP SPD is actually quite a bit greater than for MP/HP/EX:
http://eish.deviantart.com/art/Zangief-596290827

EDIT: Nevermind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed5OpZO-NnY

What...what the heck?! My whole experience with this game has changed for the positive now that I'm fighting to LEARN instead of fighting to win....

I....I.... I'm getting better with Cammy.....

I feel like crying tears of joy....

That's the biggest thing Patrick Miller said that stayed with me. Fighting games are about learning, winning/losing is just a by-product.

Alucrid

Banned
So it seems like rope throw -> v trigger (no hold) -> dash forward -> charge hk -> ex wingless

is better than doing a delayed v trigger -> back dash?

RS4-

Ucchedavāda;198754879 said:
From what I can see, the range on LP SPD is actually quite a bit greater than for MP/HP/EX:
http://eish.deviantart.com/art/Zangief-596290827

EDIT: Nevermind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed5OpZO-NnY

I like Gief in V far more than 4. More normals, less hand fishing, and reliance on lariat.

And yeah, his SPD range has always been good; but I think aside from ST and maybe CFJ? Post spd range is better than what happened in a3, cvs, and I think 4. Landing an spd in the previous games was frustrating because it effectively reset the game because you have to work your way back in from more than half screen away.
And in a3, I think you can control where you spd anyway.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Wow I just destroyed this Necalli with much more LP than me as Karin. Always had trouble with that match-up. Thank you based Justin Wong and thank you standing medium kick.

Mediking

That's the biggest thing Patrick Miller said that stayed with me. Fighting games are about learning, winning/losing is just a by-product.

A beautiful moment happened. I was playing as Cammy against Ryu in Ranked and the guy had me in the corner. I barely had any health yet but for some reason... I was incredibly calm. Cammy's back was against the wall and I started pressing buttons to fight back and I WON. I stayed in the corner the entire time and WON.

THE ADRENALINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheroking

The SFV finals are about to start soon. There is a very real chance that the trailer will come after the finals.

Eh.....

Typically when there's a trailer or announcement, it's in a pre-scheduled block right before top-8. I'm either expecting a random news drop this week or a slight delay into April tbh.

Zophar

This game will never, ever, ever let me get into Silver league. I have been at it since launch. So frustrating. I get an occasional good streak and then it's all wiped away the next time I come to play.

Mediking

This game will never, ever, ever let me get into Silver league. I have been at it since launch. So frustrating. I get an occasional good streak and then it's all wiped away the next time I come to play.

Stop chasing points.

Stop chasing costumes (Survival).

Those things will make you hate the game and yourself.

Damn yall thirsty af for the patch info.

It'll come before the month is over. Probably next week.

I don't care about points so much as I'm sick of fighting Ryus and Kens that just randomly spam whatever cheap shit they know.

This game makes it easy to bop them when they do.

Wait maybe it is coming.

Get ready boys.

Zangief is trash level in this game, his best move Bashing Flat is gone, V-skill is trash, even if you guess right, medium range attacks=zero punish, Gief IMO was just a lazy attempt to fill...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom