• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zangief is trash level in this game, his best move Bashing Flat is gone, V-skill is trash, even if you guess right, medium range attacks=zero punish, Gief IMO was just a lazy attempt to fill...

I always thought he seemed like a sf4 character that just wandered into the roster, even with his big changes..

Zangief is trash level in this game, his best move Bashing Flat is gone, V-skill is trash, even if you guess right, medium range attacks=zero punish, Gief IMO was just a lazy attempt to fill...
There's a difference between "this character is trash" and "I don't understand this character." With these kind of complaints in this thread, 99% of the time it's the latter in here.

He seems kind of cheaply made too. Zero effort went into his critical art.

I wouldn't go that far. More it seems animating the face on close up probably ate the budget.

Its more his lack off projectile options. He's the only character who has nothing at mid or full screen .

I get that Decrappy was shown at FR before, so some people expect that, but damn there was nothing to indicate it'd be happening here beyond being the first event.

Not surprisingly after Final Round, get online and am playing nothing but Nashes in Ranked. Well at least I'll be getting practice with the match-up!

jett

D-Member
I get that Decrappy was shown at FR before, so some people expect that, but damn there was nothing to indicate it'd be happening here beyond being the first event.

Well, they did reveal him recently...with still pictures, in the lamest way possible. I do believe he's the only character in the roster that has been revealed this way. I think expecting a trailer at the first CPT major isn't unreasonable.

There's a difference between "this character is trash" and "I don't understand this character." With these kind of complaints in this thread, 99% of the time it's the latter in here.
I've pretty much given up hope of any meaningful conversation regarding character strengths and weaknesses on GAF for the time being.

qcf x2

Anybody else worried Alex just isn't ready? I got the same vibe about a month or 2 before SFV's release, that the lack of footage of the various modes and stages was a sign that they weren't really presentable. That's why in Dec/Jan I was expecting a delay.

The way he was "revealed" was weird, with that Capcom blog but no trailer. And obviously we're heading into the final week of March. I also feel that Fang could have used a little more cooking.

Not surprisingly after Final Round, get online and am playing nothing but Nashes in Ranked. Well at least I'll be getting practice with the match-up!

Just took out a dude trying to mimic the sliding thing Infli does. Without knowing the proper spacing and timing, it just leaves you open. This ain't SF4 son.

Well, they did reveal him recently...with still pictures, in the lamest way possible. I do believe he's the only character in the roster that has been revealed this way. I think expecting a trailer at the first CPT major isn't unreasonable.

It's lamer than dumping the trailer, but it's better than waiting than until the end of the month for ANY information to drop.

And expecting a trailer to pop at CPT1 is okay, but some people were so dead set on it happening that it's beyond disappointment for them. That's why I just wait until it drops anymore.

Spman2099

It being the first event, and the timing aligning pretty nicely, seemed pretty compelling to me. That being said, I was clearly wrong here. I still argue that it looked more likely than not.

And expecting a trailer to pop at CPT1 is okay, but some people were so dead set on it happening that it's beyond disappointment for them. That's why I just wait until it drops anymore.

Personally, I was certain it was going to happen. That was definitely unwise. I think I will take a stance similar to yours in the future.

Shadoken

AHAHAHA Well fkin played Capcom. They end the stream with Alex theme. Holy shit.

edit - wtf its back rofl. This is such a mess.

Anybody else worried Alex just isn't ready? I got the same vibe about a month or 2 before SFV's release, that the lack of footage of the various modes and stages was a sign that they weren't really presentable. That's why in Dec/Jan I was expecting a delay.

The way he was "revealed" was weird, with that Capcom blog but no trailer. And obviously we're heading into the final week of March. I also feel that Fang could have used a little more cooking.

It wouldn't be smart of them to detail his stuff and then push it back unfinished. And what about FANG is unfinished?

We still have two more weeks in March left. A CPT this upcoming weekend, and a store release on the last Tuesday.

It being the first event, and the timing aligning pretty nicely, seemed pretty compelling to me. That being said, I was clearly wrong here. I still argue that it looked more likely than not.

Personally, I was certain it was going to happen. That was definitely unwise. I think I will take a stance similar to yours in the future.

Keep your expectations low with video game announcements. So long as the content comes out and isn't delayed, I'm chill. I've learned to live after MaxiBoost never dropping on consoles.

Quick someone make a thread about the Alex trolling!

GAF NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT THIS, TOO.

Anybody else worried Alex just isn't ready?

No.

The way he was "revealed" was weird, with that Capcom blog but no trailer.

They gave us that, because if they didn't, we would have had riots by now. Note that when they gave us those shots, they reaffirmed that he's still coming in March. So, he's coming in March.

Pompadour

I think Alex and probably most of the cast is ready. It's the Shop and other features that aren't.

Capcom seems to be pretty good at making the gameplay/character stuff but anything to do with networking is a trainwreck.

Back to the FR talk, man, that was some sick play all around. I really hope Sonic sticks with FANG because he was crazy with him. And like I and everyone with eyes guessed, playing characters YOUR way is completely possible. Also, glad to not see Chun take over the goddamn Top 8s like some thought.

Great Tourney, definitely gonna work on my Ryu. Tokido was inspirational.

Super salty they changed Ken’s jumping lk I used to use that as a X-up just like Tokido was doing today in the tourney. Now, I got a stupid air-air light attack -_-

WTF Capcom

Alucrid

Banned
I had noted some discrepancies between other lists and that one, so that's why I asked (some said Ryu's cr.HK was -11 on block while another said -7, for example). Maybe the SRK one is the most up to date/accurate, though.

huh, maybe i should get that frame data app and check it out myself

Neonep

So nothing on Alex. Capcom is really dragging its feet. Or maybe there won't even be a trailer and they just put out the update.

Back to the FR talk, man, that was some sick play all around. I really hope Sonic sticks with FANG because he was crazy with him. And like I and everyone with eyes guessed, playing characters YOUR way is completely possible. Also, glad to not see Chun take over the goddamn Top 8s like some thought.

It's amazing that every character in top 8 is different, yet none of them are Sim nor Chunners (both who are supposedly highly regarded).

Sheroking

You ever get matched up with the same dude a few times in a short span and YOU KNOW that it's pissing him off because his play just gets more and more erratic?

There's a Mika player and a Ryu player that hate my guts right now.

cackhyena

How are people surprised by Tokido's jump short tech? If you played Ryu even a little in 4, you used it to great effect. Carrying it over here was natural. Still works like a charm for the most part.

Quesa

Mika mains: Is this an OS-like thing I can do to land the extra hit on irish hit when it lands and not when it's blocked? Super difficult to go for the second hit on reaction for me, way too unsafe for me to mash it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom