• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Block/tech throw/jump away OS

On wake up, it's block first few frames and input throw (pre-jump frames) while jumping away I think. When you see a Japanese player jump away with short, they did the OS.

Hm alright...

Trying to figure out why that works in my head. I guess you tech if they throw, but block if they don't, but I'm not sure how that's dissociated from simply blocking then throwing. I don't understand the purpose of the jump? If the guy goes for the throw, you tech it and it keeps you grounded, if he hits you at this stage though... you would get hit... prejump or throw tech, both are vulnerable?

I wonder if I can chase this with Rashid with an eagle spike.

Alucrid

Banned
Mika mains: Is this an OS-like thing I can do to land the extra hit on irish hit when it lands and not when it's blocked? Super difficult to go for the second hit on reaction for me, way too unsafe for me to mash it.

lol i wish that'd be broken as hell

Anybody else worried Alex just isn't ready? I got the same vibe about a month or 2 before SFV's release, that the lack of footage of the various modes and stages was a sign that they weren't really presentable. That's why in Dec/Jan I was expecting a delay.

The way he was "revealed" was weird, with that Capcom blog but no trailer. And obviously we're heading into the final week of March. I also feel that Fang could have used a little more cooking.

Could be a sign interal budgets are getting slashed over the low sales...
Not saying capcom is abandoning, but maybe they're cutting spending down to the bare fuckin minimum to save money.

Spman2099

Mika mains: Is this an OS-like thing I can do to land the extra hit on irish hit when it lands and not when it's blocked? Super difficult to go for the second hit on reaction for me, way too unsafe for me to mash it.

You have to risk it on an empty F+MP. However, you can combo it off of the standing medium punch; that is your hit confirm option.

For ps4 player: have you ever experience in the middle of rank match you're force to go on the main menu screen without pressing the ps button? I use the DS4 btw. This happen to me frequently an no I'm sure I didn't press the ps button

def sim

Hm alright...

Trying to figure out why that works in my head. I guess you tech if they throw, but block if they don't, but I'm not sure how that's dissociated from simply blocking then throwing. I don't understand the purpose of the jump? If the guy goes for the throw, you tech it and it keeps you grounded, if he hits you at this stage though... you would get hit... prejump or throw tech, both are vulnerable?

I wonder if I can chase this with Rashid with an eagle spike.

The game essentially decides for you the best possible out come. If they meaty, you block. Throw, you tech. Nothing to bait out something, you jump away and reset the situation. Back to neutral.

The goal is to not Neutral it, confirm witha st.MP first or a j.Anything. Throwing it out cold is only super helpful when you know it's a punish but you're at a range too far to confirm.

Spman2099

Not saying capcom is abandoning, but maybe they're cutting spending down to the bare fuckin minimum to save money.

That is my biggest concern. I hope they give the game some time to build momentum. See if they can sell more copies over the next couple of months, as more content launches. They still have the benefit of a vibrant tournament scene that has taken to the game (at least initially).

Survival is such a bullshit mode. Does anybody find it fun? 26 rounds of no challenge and then suddenly the computer is perfect and I can't do shit against them. Ugh.

Xeteh

Survival is such a bullshit mode. Does anybody find it fun? 26 rounds of no challenge and then suddenly the computer is perfect and I can't do shit against them. Ugh.

I actually thought I would. I'm pretty terrible so I was thinking I could beat my head against Survival, unlock stuff and make FM. But with the difficulty being what it is and how long it all takes that just won't happen for me.

ElTopo

Banned
I think Alex is done but they might still be doing shit for the patch. Maybe finally implementing a punishment for ragequitting?

I-hate-u

Alex video up on the Cross Counter channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la3yGJSvubE

9696691418_a9c877a9da_o.gif

Alucrid

Banned

funnel that money into the next real esports capcom hit, resident evil umbrella corps

Mediking

It's cheap.

It's unfair.

It's annoying.

Random difficulty spikes + not having full health when starting a math in Survival + locking costume colors you want = disaster.

Screw Survival Mode. I wonder if Combofiend will even admit that its a horrible idea to lock colors like that.

Drop the PR act, Combofiend and Mike Ross and tell your Capcom connections what needs to be addressed!!!

The game essentially decides for you the best possible out come. If they meaty, you block. Throw, you tech. Nothing to bait out something, you jump away and reset the situation. Back to neutral.

But if they do not meaty and just delay then they hit you in prejump frames, right?

Sounds like it's more effective if opponents aren't anticipating it, but if they are, could allow you to take a lot of damage. I guess that's not different to 4's ground OS though, as os crouch teching all the time was something that would be punished frequently.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
But if they do not meaty and just delay then they hit you in prejump frames, right?

Sounds like it's more effective if opponents aren't anticipating it, but if they are, could allow you to take a lot of damage. I guess that's not different to 4's ground OS though, as os crouch teching all the time was something that would be punished frequently.

Delayed meaty is basically the only thing that beats it, yeah.

Ferrio

Banned

I assume a meaty command throw blows this OS up right?

def sim

It's definitely not unbeatable, but it changes how people approach you if you can do it. Just like with OS' in 4.

I assume a meaty command throw blows this OS up right?

Yeah, it should. The first two or three frames is just blocking after all.

Spman2099

The AI in hard mode is such an insane combination of super stupid, and pure godlike. You can't play it like a human, because it will always read the situation perfectly, react impossibly fast, and punish for huge damage. You can exploit many of the characters (you can essentially bank on perfecting Zangief, Karin, and Necalli), but even there, some of them will surprise you (Ryu and Bison are susceptible to the crossup, but sometimes they will start blocking it consistently), and when they do it is half of your life. It only takes a mistake or two to completely annihilate twenty minutes of your life. Brutal.

hamchan

I totally expect a March patch.

A patch that only changes the store and challenge mode options to say "Coming in April".

It's ok if you like chasing high scores. I want to crack 1,000,000 at some point, which honestly doesn't seem like it should be too too hard. I just need to find more time to play

It's not really that bad of a mode, they just need to make the difficulty curve much better. They wait way too long to make it difficult when it should be getting more difficult from stage 10 and forward instead of the dogshit they have now.

Ragnite

woof, looks like I have a lot of practice ahead of me. Thanks!

The timing is more lenient the farther away you are from the opponent in my experience. Once you get the timing right, the OS feels extremely consistent at max range (which is usually where you'll be throwing out raw irish whips anyway).

Fighting Dhalsim is a really trippy experience in this game. If you're real lucky, and play constantly, you might just find one... every month, or so. Then you battle him, and it's like wow, what the hell is even happening right now?
2 rounds go by in a flash, and then it's time to say goodbye. You then wave off the majestical beast, as he wanders back into the ether... And not a drop of salt in your heart for the loss. Cause you know... That actually learning that match up would be biggest waste of time ever lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom