• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hex

Banned
I think there is the possibility of a delay.

I am expecting the silence to be for a couple reasons.
A) adding in anti RQ tech
B) Alex will be free due to all of the mess.
And I still believe it will come in March.

This is what I forsee, on the record.

Free Alex is a fantasy. He already is free anyways.

FluxWaveZ

I think it is insanity to be this optimistic after a launch like Street Fighter V's. If anything, the game being more busted than they thought when it released could mean extra resources were diverted towards fixing it up; resources that were meant to be allocated towards the March patch, thus delaying it.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

You will be ashamed of your words and deeds.

ElFly

We talked about this earlier in the thread.

There are clearly having serious problems in the backend; there's a bug where you load another's person name in your profile, and even if it doesn't seem to be serious -it still shows your FM- it must be a showstopper when it comes to the store.

Cause they cannot really be expecting to sell stuff if the store will say a different name on top, and if there's a small possibility what someone pays may go to a different person.

I think it is insanity to be this optimistic after a launch like Street Fighter V's. If anything, the game being more busted than they thought when it released could mean extra resources were diverted towards fixing it up; resources that were meant to be allocated towards the March patch, thus delaying it.

Dunno about resources being diverted, but it seems they outsourced the online part. It may be reading too much into it, but if that's the case, that's a gate towards putting more resources to fix one of their many problems.

I gotta assume Alex is ready, but the store or the rest of the patch ain't.

Capcom giving stuff away for free? Hell no, pay up son. BTW, where's that reward for beta players? Still w8ing on that!

Morris

Disco Devil
Found some Ryu on ranked who has rq'd on me 3 times and he's already platinum. I can't even send him a lil shit talking msg because he's on pc. What a fraud.

Anyway, I'm trying to get some matches, CFN:
morisv
. Invite please!

MrDaravon

Man I wish I had your optimism lol

Also literally no way Alex is free, you have to remember they've been selling a Season Pass for months that includes him. Only way I could even potentially see that happening is if they give Season Pass holders the first character in the NEXT pass for free, but then that messes up the value proposition of that pass and so forth so that's also highly unlikely. I could see them maaaaaaybe giving everyone X amount of FM or some free Zenny or something though.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I got to play for about 2 hours offline locally tonight and...

Man, I am super sad about this title. The core fighting game is so damned delicious. Almost everything else around it is either sub par or just plain bad. It's so sad. =/ It's like having a small section of the best apple pie on the planet in the middle, but its surrounded by a crust made out of shit and glass. =(

I hope they can turn it around. T-T

RedAssedApe

Banned
there are still two weeks left in march guys. bit early for that doom and gloom. if we still haven't heard anything by end of norcal regionals...than yeah.

The silence is because they've obviously bitten off more than they can chew.

It was all they could do to release a working game and servers on the announced launch day... and now they have the added workload of doing an unplanned arcade mode along with anti-ragequit tech that should have been in the game since the betas.

Nothing good can come from high pressure deadlines and rushing your work. Their hearts are in the right place with this game... but the execution is royally screwed.

Harada has the right idea... he's at Final Round today because they didn't put a date on the console release of Tekken 7. Meanwhile, in Japan, Ono's on the verge of hospitalization again.

ElFly

People keep saying this, but then why no trailer?

For starters, there is a chance we never get an Alex trailer, and the store and Alex are released without one. Of course, the cost of making an Alex trailer ain't that much compared to everything else, but still is a possibility.

Assuming there is one, they may want to synchronize showing it to a point where they have a firm date for the store, which means like a week before the patch goes out. Which puts an Alex trailer next week for the store to make it still in March. Maybe the trailer will be in march and the actual patch will slide to April.

They have a lot of server side problems right now, so getting the store through QA must be hell.

For starters, there is a chance we never get an Alex trailer.

Assuming there is one, they may want to synchronize showing it to a point where they have a firm date for the store, which means like a week before the patch goes out.

Let me rephrase that, why no Alex gameplay then? What possible reason is there to show stills and not gameplay if the character is ready?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I don't really expect Capcom to screw over people who bought season passes by giving people free Alex.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
What's even more embarrassing is that "March Update" is plastered all over the current build. I thought it was weird to hard code that to begin with, but I guess they didn't want to redo the UI nor make it look anemic.

I don't really expect Capcom to screw over people who bought season passes by giving people free Alex.
I think some FM will placate some players.

ElFly

Let me rephrase that, why no Alex gameplay then? What possible reason is there to show stills and not gameplay if the character is ready?

That's a good question. Doubt it means all future content was slashed; even SFxT got the planned content (although mostly cause it was already on the disc).

Maybe they have a marketing push planned but not before they got a firm date for the store. If they show Alex today, the store announcement may be less noticeable. Which is more or less irrelevant as far as awareness goes, but the marketheads over at Capcom may prefer to do a single announcement. Maybe marketing hasn't even gotten an estimation when things will be in a launchable state, which may make them cautious on overpromising.

Zackat

Just got into silver league. First fighting game I have really played seriously. It's nice to see the incremental improvements in my game paying off.

FluxWaveZ

Just got into silver league. First fighting game I have really played seriously. It's nice to see the incremental improvements in my game paying off.

Meanwhile, I'm getting more and more frustrated. I feel like the only thing my skill is doing is regressing, even when I win. I hate feeling like I've hit a skill ceiling, and feeling that I might even be getting worse.

I'm constantly wondering if Mika is the character for me or if there's something fundamental to this game that I'm just not getting.

Meanwhile, I'm getting more and more frustrated. I feel like the only thing my skill is doing is regressing, even when I win. I hate feeling like I've hit a skill ceiling, and feeling that I might even be getting worse.

I'm constantly wondering if Mika is the character for me or if there's something fundamental to this game that I'm just not getting.
After days of bitching in this thread I abandoned Zangief and realized I'm a lot better than I really was (while using him). Take a break from Mika.

I'm learning Karin now and the game is fun again.

Quesa

Might be a good time to just experiment with other characters. Not to "switch mains" mind you -- just to feel like you don't have to win every match with the character you've invested in.

KingBroly

Banned

It was all they could do to release a working game and servers on the announced launch day... and now they have the added workload of doing an unplanned arcade mode along with anti-ragequit tech that should have been in the game since the betas.

Nothing good can come from high pressure deadlines and rushing your work. Their hearts are in the right place with this game... but the execution is royally screwed.

Harada has the right idea... he's at Final Round today because they didn't put a date on the console release of Tekken 7. Meanwhile, in Japan, Ono's on the verge of hospitalization again.

They haven't promised an Arcade Mode. They said they were "considering adding" one, which means they don't have to, and given Capcpom's cheapness, won't. They can't even promptly patch the fucking game at this point.

Aenima

I just got the 300 ranked wins trophy without ever leaving bronze league. Man.

I must be close to that too and on broze- super bronze all the time too :D

BTW is there a topic to expose Rage Quitters? Today i got matched against a super silver player, as soon i give him the final blow (C.A.) that would give me the win, the wussy rage quitts. I have been recording all the ragequitters i get, already start having a nice collection. :p

Harada has the right idea...

Harada has the right idea if you like your overseas scene to die every four years.

I don't think people really appreciate it, but Capcom has provided SOME sort of new game or update every year since 2009. Because of this constant support, the FGC has grown into to monster it is today. 1000+ entrants for a major. 3000+ entrants for EVO.

So, when people try to praise these other games like Tekken or MK for their "completeness" on launch and for "taking their time", it's from a position of privilege. These other games can take 2, 3, 4 years between their releases BECAUSE Capcom is always there pumping new content into the FGC EVERY YEAR, maintaining that growth. Heck, the last update to Ultra was just last year...while they were making 5.

Can you imagine if Capcom took 4 years to update their fighting game franchises? Would the FGC be seeing growth year after year? Would we be selling out arenas for EVO? Would we be in arenas AT ALL?

I've seen people saying "KOF has 50 characters, while SF5 only has 16. So lazy!" When was the last time SNK released ANYTHING? 2011? Since 2011, Ono's team made AE, AE2012, SFxT, Ultra, AND SF5. Come on, now.

After days of bitching in this thread I abandoned Zangief and realized I'm a lot better than I really was (while using him). Take a break from Mika.

To be fair, Zangief has always been a demanding character to play well with, so I'd never recommend picking him up as an entry point to a new Street Fighter when simultaneously trying to learn the ropes.

KingBroly

Banned
Harada has the right idea if you like your overseas scene to die every four years.

I don't think people really appreciate it, but Capcom has provided SOME sort of new game or update every year since 2009. Because of this constant support, the FGC has grown into to monster it is today. 1000+ entrants for a major. 3000+ entrants for EVO.

So, when people try to praise these other games like Tekken or MK for their "completeness" on launch and for "taking their time", it's from a position of privilege. These other games can take 2, 3, 4 years between their releases BECAUSE Capcom is always there pumping new content into the FGC EVERY YEAR, maintaining that growth. Heck, the last update to Ultra was just last year...while they were making 5.

Can you imagine if Capcom took 4 years to update their fighting game franchises? Would the FGC be seeing growth year after year? Would we be selling out arenas for EVO? Would we be in arenas AT ALL?

I've seen people saying "KOF has 50 characters, while SF5 only has 16. So lazy!" When was the last time SNK released ANYTHING? 2011? Since 2011, Ono's team made AE, AE2012, SFxT, Ultra, AND SF5. Come on, now.

So you're fine with Capcom with releasing incomplete games? Okay. The reason why Tekken and MK have their scenes die is because they don't support those games long term. MKX's support went about a year, which is an eternity for them. Problem is, they make more than just MK, so they have to move on. They also release complete games because they need the games to sell in order to make more of them and continue support for the franchise. For SF5, Capcom decided 'nah, we don't need millions of sales, we need that sweet, sweet esports money!' And considering how they've clearly taken that shit for granted, it's biting them in the ass financially as well as in the public opinion space.

Zackat

I second this. For the first few weeks of the game I was banging my head on the wall with chun. Decided I had hit a ceiling, went to birdie, now here we are. This may not make you change your choice but it may clear things up. Learn how to play your hardest matchup maybe?

dcelw540

Guys got this for 15, never played a street fighter game before but played mortal kombat x and injustice. What should I prepare my self for?

That's not the context I'm praising Harada. They haven't given Tekken 7's console version a release date, same goes for Tekken x Street Fighter. They'll release those games when they're ready to be released... not to fit into an eSports schedule or because Sony says it has to come out on a certain date.

Street Fighter V was not ready to be released on Feb 16th... let's not pretend the game isn't obviously rushed out. All I'm saying is good on Harada and Tekken team for not boxing themselves into a similar corner. Not some kind of "content" debate or whatever.

Sheroking

Guys got this for 15, never played a street fighter game before but played mortal kombat x and injustice. What should I prepare my self for?

If you learned to play either of those games properly, particularly Injustice, the conversion shouldn't be too difficult.

Learning to block, don't jump as much, understanding the games basic mechanics and inputs are step 1. After that, the same fundamentals apply.

If you learned to play either of those games properly, particularly Injustice, the conversion shouldn't be too difficult.

Learning to block, don't jump as much, understanding the games basic mechanics and inputs are step 1. After that, the same fundamentals apply.
And as stated a few pages back: Don't care about the points, don't care about the colors and have fun.

Spman2099

That's not the context I'm praising Harada. They haven't given Tekken 7's console version a release date, same goes for Tekken x Street Fighter. They'll release those games when they're ready to be released... not to fit into an eSports schedule or because Sony says it has to come out on a certain date.

Street Fighter V was not ready to be released on Feb 16th... let's not pretend the game isn't obviously rushed out. All I'm saying is good on Harada and Tekken team for not boxing themselves into a similar corner. Not some kind of "content" debate or whatever.

SFV should not have released as it is... What we are playing right now should have been an early access beta available for all who preordered the game. The March release, if it fixes all the problems, should have been the official release.

It would still be the same situation we have right now functionally. But think of how different the conversation around SFV would be...

No one would fault it for some of the hiccups, and everyone would just be focusing on how good the game is.

JayEH

Well Tekken is making tons of moneys in arcades right now so they have no need to rush out the console version. Different situations.

DR2K

Banned

They don't have a choice, they can't release a console version of Tekken 7 or it would hurt their arcade revenues. They are literally sitting on their toes gutting their console revenues and worldwide scene. By the time Tekken 7 makes it to console, no one is going to give a shit. From the FGC to the casual player who spends endless nights fighting the CPU in arcade mode.

hamchan

Oh man just beat a gold player for the first time, rank 557. A mirror match with Ryu.

Pretty damn satisfying since I'm only a bronze player on rank 40000. Though tbh if it was against any other character I would probably lose since Ryu is who I'm most familiar with.

They don't have a choice, they can't release a console version of Tekken 7 or it would hurt their arcade revenues. They are literally sitting on their toes gutting their console revenues and worldwide scene. By the time Tekken 7 makes it to console, no one is going to give a shit. From the FGC to the casual player who spends endless nights fighting the CPU in arcade mode.

How's that going to hurt anything but Japan sales?

Zophar

I asked this before and nobody had anything to say, but the way LP works makes no sense to me. From what I understand it's supposed to give you more for wins above your LP number and you lose more from people below you, bit this does not at all reflect my experience. Virtually every loss I take dings me for 60/70/even more and every win I make only gets around 35 on average, even when they're well above me.

I just lost to someone with 1000 more LP than me, and I lost 55 points. This makes no sense to me and it's pissing me off, because it's been impossible to climb back from losses.

Korezo

I asked this before and nobody had anything to say, but the way LP works makes no sense to me. From what I understand it's supposed to give you more for wins above your LP number and you lose more from people below you, bit this does not at all reflect my experience. Virtually every loss I take dings me for 60/70/even more and every win I make only gets around 35 on average, even when they're well above me.

I just lost to someone with 1000 more LP than me, and I lost 55 points. This makes no sense to me and it's pissing me off, because it's been impossible to climb back from losses.

This is why I never play ranked in SF games since SSF4. I'm not going to get frustrated anymore over stupidity. I don't know how super high LP players do it, win bunch of matches to gain 1 LP a fight, to then lose once and lose 100+.

hamchan

I just beat a gold R.Mika and got +200 lp. Now I'm only 20 lp away from silver.

I think watching Final Round today really improved my Ryu game. Really looking at how Tokido played Ryu against his opponents and trying to emulate him has helped a lot.

Oh man just beat a gold player for the first time, rank 557. A mirror match with Ryu.

Pretty damn satisfying since I'm only a bronze player on rank 40000. Though tbh if it was against any other character I would probably lose since Ryu is who I'm most familiar with.

Watching high level play is significant to improving your own game. You'll see options and tech that you didn't even think of and even some counters to situations that most people weren't using previously.

Taking the tokido example, getting a tatsu ready when you see a FANG launching the fireballs into the air.

Seijuro

This is the problem I'm seeing as well. People paid for 6 fighters as that was what's advertised. Maybe they give away premium costumes for other characters for free.

Westlo

Alex has probably been finished for months now.... as have the rest of the dlc cast for season 1..... they've holding back the trailer for NCR because Capcom are a PR mess....

They've probably working on the S2 characters right now... if people think they're legit finishing characters off just before release.... lol.

This is the problem I'm seeing as well. People paid for 6 fighters as that was what's advertised. Maybe they give away premium costumes for other characters for free.

I'll take that trade any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom