• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renekton

Alex has probably been finished for months now.... as have the rest of the dlc cast for season 1..... they've holding back the trailer for NCR because Capcom are a PR mess....

They've probably working on the S2 characters right now... if people think they're legit finishing characters off just before release.... lol.
Given the tight tuning of the 16 launch characters, I think it does take a long time for each new character to be shippable.

After days of bitching in this thread I abandoned Zangief and realized I'm a lot better than I really was (while using him). Take a break from Mika.

I'm learning Karin now and the game is fun again.

That's the #1 most important part of finding who your main is. Design certainly has importance, and if you're gonna go deep into the meta, tiers are pretty important (though it's still too early for lists imo), but there's no point in playing if you're not having fun with the game.

If you're constantly getting frustrated with your character and starting to lose interest, consider playing some other characters and seeing if you have fun with anyone else, even if you don't love their design at first.

Westlo

Given the tight tuning of the 16 launch characters, I think it does take a long time for each new character to be shippable.

Dude... Ono said Boxer was in conception stage and a month later someone from Capcom UK just said they played him. And did you forget that Jill was pretty much finished in MVC3 on disc, as well as the 12 DLC/PSVITA characters for SFxTK being on disc and good to go?

These guys are good to go, they just weren't stupid enough to put them on disc this time.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Dude... Ono said Boxer was in conception stage and a month later someone from Capcom UK just said they played him. And did you forget that Jill was pretty much finished in MVC3 on disc, as well as the 12 DLC/PSVITA characters for SFxTK being on disc and good to go?

These guys are good to go, they just weren't stupid enough to put them on disc this time.

Wasn't that a misquote?

Renekton

The assets are probably ready, doesn't mean the playtest and balancing are nailed down. Boxer coming out at SS tier would ruin everything and prompt new kneejerk patches.

The assets are probably ready, doesn't mean the playtest and balancing are nailed down. Boxer coming out at SS tier would ruin everything and prompt new kneejerk patches.
Maybe you're right, but Jill and Shuma-Gorath were basically unchanged from disc data to DLC, as were the SFxT character IIRC.

Edzi

Multiple Gold rage quitters in a row. The road to Gold is so goddamn stacked against you, this isn't even fun anymore.

You know what I'd be really okay with? If, in order to meet their deadlines, they released characters not fully playtested, and just made them unavailable for rank. Then the community play tests them, they get their characters on time. Compared to delaying everything, I'd say win win.

Malalaw

I haven't played in over a week. Thinking about diving back into some ranked matches to see how I fare, after some training of course.

I did it. I did it despite Capcom's best efforts to prevent me from doing it. Capcom, your matchmaking is shit. Your points system is shit. But I did it, I hit Gold. 4004 LP. Finally got consistent enough with my girl Karin. No huge salt laden losing streaks when I take a bad beat tonight, finally got some mental fortitude. Every -96 I took hurt so much when I was only getting +35 most of the time, but I managed to beat most of the handful of players near my rank and stave off too many bad beats from dudes doing random shit in Best of 1 games.

VariantX

Alex has probably been finished for months now.... as have the rest of the dlc cast for season 1..... they've holding back the trailer for NCR because Capcom are a PR mess....

They've probably working on the S2 characters right now... if people think they're legit finishing characters off just before release.... lol.

This wouldn't surprise me at all. If they were working on dlc, they would have to been at it for quite some time, probably before the last of the original 16 were complete. This would have to be the case if they release characters roughly every month excluding the story expansion month until all of them are out in 2016.

A few people already said they liked what they saw when they played Balrog behind the scenes a month or so ago. There's no way Alex isn't 100% ready, I would be surprised the rest of s1 dlc characters aren't in an almost 100% finished state with final touches and on-going balance tests.

Would be awesome if they created an official in-game poll for players to vote on their top 6 choices for season 2 characters. Even if Capcom ran it just to gauge interest without guarantees. I would like to see what global owners of SFV want instead of the inaccuracies of segregated (region/language) and inflated voting on websites. But this would just be another broken feature reporting incorrect stats in the CFN. lol

A few people already said they liked what they saw when they played Balrog behind the scenes a month or so ago. There's no way Alex isn't 100% ready, I would be surprised the rest of s1 dlc characters aren't in an almost 100% finished state with final touches and on-going balance tests.

Would be awesome if they created an official in-game poll for players to vote on their top 6 choices for season 2 characters. Even if Capcom ran it just to gauge interest without guarantees. I would like to see what global owners of SFV want instead of the inaccuracies of segregated (region/language) and inflated voting on websites. But this would just be another broken feature reporting incorrect stats in the CFN. lol

No no no, fuck that. Polls lead to high expectations and people thinking Character A is definitely getting in. Sometimes those characters just don't work in the spectrum of the game, or takes a lot of time to get working in general. Even if they aren't using it as a roadmap for DLC, it's just gonna make people angry (like what happened prerelease - HOW COME BIRDIE IS IN WHERE IS MY Q I NEED MAI WAIFU MAKOTO)

Capcom wanted to cash in on season pass money, IMO SFV 16 characters for the 5th version of a game is way too LOW, should have been 22-25 to start..

Shito

Capcom wanted to cash in on season pass money, IMO SFV 16 characters for the 5th version of a game is way too LOW, should have been 22-25 to start..
Depends on who you cater to.
I'd argue that 16 is quite the sweet spot to start fresh on new mechanics when it comes to having to learn the different match-ups. Slowly growing the cast is also a good idea with this point in mind.
Now for all the players who are not into "seriously" playing this game, yeah; all of my friends who don't care about SF had the same reaction when seeing the character select screen: "that's all?".

Mediking

I asked this before and nobody had anything to say, but the way LP works makes no sense to me. From what I understand it's supposed to give you more for wins above your LP number and you lose more from people below you, bit this does not at all reflect my experience. Virtually every loss I take dings me for 60/70/even more and every win I make only gets around 35 on average, even when they're well above me.

I just lost to someone with 1000 more LP than me, and I lost 55 points. This makes no sense to me and it's pissing me off, because it's been impossible to climb back from losses.

Pretty much the reason why Gootecks doesn't chase points anymore in SFV.

say_WHAAAAAT.png

"Capcom wanted to cash in on season pass money, IMO SFV 16 characters for the 5th version of a game is way too LOW, should have been 22-25 to start.."

It's not the 5th version of a game. SFV is ultimately an all new game that happens to be in the universe of Street Fighter. Same as Street Fighter 4 (vanilla), Street Fighter 3: New Generation, Street Fighter Alpha, Street Fighter EX, and Street Fighter 2 World Warrior.

With MKX as my background, and that game being filled with vortex abd 50/50 characters, I was wondering if I should try Mika. The character seems right up my alley, as it seems you have to rely on reads with her

Shito

With MKX as my background, and that game being filled with vortex abd 50/50 characters, I was wondering if I should try Mika. The character seems right up my alley, as it seems you have to rely on reads with her
Mika or Laura would probably suit this description. :)

I think that 16 characters is good for now. Easier to get into the game when you don't have to start learning 30-40 match-ups right away.

Need Rog ASAP though

k1t4j

I really enjoy watching high level Bison and especially Mika sets.

But fuck me I can't do anything with Mika, when I play with Bison I was able to clear hard, along side my boy Ryu.

But Mika? Not even normal lol

LakeEarth

I asked this before and nobody had anything to say, but the way LP works makes no sense to me. From what I understand it's supposed to give you more for wins above your LP number and you lose more from people below you, bit this does not at all reflect my experience. Virtually every loss I take dings me for 60/70/even more and every win I make only gets around 35 on average, even when they're well above me.

I just lost to someone with 1000 more LP than me, and I lost 55 points. This makes no sense to me and it's pissing me off, because it's been impossible to climb back from losses.
For me it's been pretty consistent. Same rank win will net you 55 points, one rank up around 65-70, two ranks up 90-105LP. One or two ranks lower will get you 35 points or less.

LP has little to do with how many points you get. So a 2900 point silver and a 2100 point silver would lose around the same amount. This also means a 2900 pointer will take ~100LP from someone with 3600 points since they're two ranks ahead, but a 2100 pointer will only take 55LP from the 2900LP despite the larger point gap.

I have no clue why you'd only get 35 points against someone a rank higher than you.

No no no, fuck that. Polls lead to high expectations and people thinking Character A is definitely getting in. Sometimes those characters just don't work in the spectrum of the game, or takes a lot of time to get working in general. Even if they aren't using it as a roadmap for DLC, it's just gonna make people angry (like what happened prerelease - HOW COME BIRDIE IS IN WHERE IS MY Q I NEED MAI WAIFU MAKOTO)

I get whatchu sayin fam. But people are upset and salty regardless, they will also be upset with SF6 roster. They already have data/polls out there that show they did not include the top 10 fan favorites in SFV already (Where Q was in the top 10 most requested). What's the difference to you? For me it's gathering more data from people who own SFV, your game copy is your right to vote so to speak lol. If it means anything, I am one of the few people who want all new franchise characters for S2 anyway.

Honestly, I think that would be one of the ways to make it the 'people's' or 'community's' game and show Capcom dedication to community input. It would just be something to give the game that extra 'umph' with people invested and having a say. Don't get me wrong, I don't want 99% of people's input on designing the characters/balance/move-sets etc because majority of us couldn't design a proper fighting game if our lives depended on it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I really enjoy watching high level Bison and especially Mika sets.

But fuck me I can't do anything with Mika, when I play with Bison I was able to clear hard, along side my boy Ryu.

But Mika? Not even normal lol
Don't use survival mode as a benchmark for anything

Don't know if it's already been posted:

image_zpsb6flownn.jpeg.html
Honzo Gonzo is manning that account, he's basically just another shitposter.

Yc8PO2W.png

Scotia

Banned
Honzo Gonzo is manning that account, he's basically just another shitposter.

Yc8PO2W.png

Wow, is there anyone working at Capcom who's not a comeplete jackass?

I appreciate having a laugh and joking around, but when you're on thin ice as it is for the shit-show of a launch like they are, trolling the fans into thinking an Alex trailer is about to drop (when it honestly should have dropped weeks ago) is the last fucking thing you want to do.

Mik317

It is fascinating to see how many people STILL have no clue how much work goes into making fighting game characters. It takes a shitton of time and money.

Also funny to see how much stuff is taken as absolute truth. The Rog rumor has been disproved quite often as the dude simply talking about it because Rog is his main often.

jeemer

I've tweeted haunts twice, the uk capcom rep, sfvserver and posted multiple times in the sfv steam bug thread.

I'm still having fun with the game in training/ranked/casual but i'm getting really fed up with the inability to create a battle lounge, and capcoms lack of response on this issue despite more and more people complaining about it :/ still been unable to play with my buddy who i've played fighting games with forever, unless one of us wants to drive 150 miles for an offline session :/

Rank 4 player's Chun completely pushing my shit in in battle lounge. What do?

is that BaBaLOL or something? i played them at the weekend but had to duck out half way into the second best of three, just too laggy despite us both being in the uk for some reason.

flash metroid played a chun on stream at final round. think he may have lost the game but he was stuffing air legs by using rolling crystal flash or whatever it's called now, possibly cancelled into something? maybe check out the archives.

Honzo Gonzo is manning that account

i find quite a lot of honzo's banter amusing, but how the hell did he end up being in charge of the capcomfighters account!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom