• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImBehindYou

Neo Member
is that BaBaLOL or something? i played them at the weekend but had to duck out half way into the second best of three, just too laggy despite us both being in the uk for some reason.

That's the one. Yeah the connection seems quite poor, and it was getting really bad by the 3rd round every time which sucked.

All the battle lounge and online issues are getting to me :(

Amedo310

Harada has the right idea if you like your overseas scene to die every four years.

I don't think people really appreciate it, but Capcom has provided SOME sort of new game or update every year since 2009. Because of this constant support, the FGC has grown into to monster it is today. 1000+ entrants for a major. 3000+ entrants for EVO.

So, when people try to praise these other games like Tekken or MK for their "completeness" on launch and for "taking their time", it's from a position of privilege. These other games can take 2, 3, 4 years between their releases BECAUSE Capcom is always there pumping new content into the FGC EVERY YEAR, maintaining that growth. Heck, the last update to Ultra was just last year...while they were making 5.

Can you imagine if Capcom took 4 years to update their fighting game franchises? Would the FGC be seeing growth year after year? Would we be selling out arenas for EVO? Would we be in arenas AT ALL?

I've seen people saying "KOF has 50 characters, while SF5 only has 16. So lazy!" When was the last time SNK released ANYTHING? 2011? Since 2011, Ono's team made AE, AE2012, SFxT, Ultra, AND SF5. Come on, now.

Come on, man. The FGC has nothing to do with the quality of the product to the majority of people who brought the game. Past releases were not a mess like SFV is now, even Vanilla SF4.

k1t4j

Don't use survival mode as a benchmark for anything

Fair enough let me put this in another way that the SFV crew is familiar with

With Bison or Ryu people disconnect on me....

with R.Mika I struggle pretty hard to get a win when they don't end up disconnecting on me. ;D

kazegami

That's the one. Yeah the connection seems quite poor, and it was getting really bad by the 3rd round every time which sucked.

All the battle lounge and online issues are getting to me :(

Well, I know him. He is not from the UK. That's why his connection is bad while playing with other UK players.

jeemer

He is not from the UK.

oh, really? he had a union jack beside his name and was between 4 and 5 bars for me.

the connection seemed much worse than a normal 4 bar match though. i assumed he was on weak wifi or something. i used the in-game text blurbs to explain i was leaving because the connection was slow at least!

Dude... Ono said Boxer was in conception stage and a month later someone from Capcom UK just said they played him. And did you forget that Jill was pretty much finished in MVC3 on disc, as well as the 12 DLC/PSVITA characters for SFxTK being on disc and good to go?

These guys are good to go, they just weren't stupid enough to put them on disc this time.
Fwiw I don't think that's true at all. They let so much leak through the PC betas, if those characters were in any sort of playable state there would be references to them in the game files, and there aren't.

Scotia

Banned
Any word on the alex update?

Capcom basically trolled everyone and fucked off. The only thing we have to go on is some guy running the CapcomFighters twitch account who posted this:

image_zpsb6flownn.jpeg

LakeEarth

I finally got Gold on Saturday night. I was very excited, fist bumping the air and everything. At one point I got to 3999LP and I was like "COME ON!" but a loss and two wins later I finally hit my goal and went to bed.

Now it's time to drop Birdie and learn a new character. I love the guy but SF5 is a new game and I want to get a grasp on anyone. I just really wanted to hit gold first.

I finally got Gold on Saturday night. I was very excited, fist bumping the air and everything. At one point I got to 3999LP and I was like "COME ON!" but a loss and two wins later I finally hit my goal and went to bed.

Now it's time to drop Birdie and learn a new character. I love the guy but SF5 is a new game and I want to get a grasp on anyone. I just really wanted to hit gold first.
Congratulations...

Syntsui

Tokido's Ryu was really inspiring, I had no idea how effective crossing up with LK was, it stuffs a lot of moves. I feel like my Ryu evolved a lot, and I didn't even play this game since the end of the tournament yet lol.

Tokido's Ryu was really inspiring, I had no idea how effective crossing up with LK was, it stuffs a lot of moves. I feel like my Ryu evolved a lot, and I didn't even play this game since the end of the tournament yet lol.

I've known about it for a few weeks now but I keep forgetting to use it. And admittedly sometimes I'm just being stubborn because I want more damage from jump mk instead. But yeah, time to start spamming that from now on.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Well, I figured Alex would be after NCR...but I did hope a trailer would be after FR. The trolling was not appreciated. Jokes are the last thing we need concerning this game. As everything else around it already is. =/

Well, I figured Alex would be after NCR...but I did hope a trailer would be after FR. The trolling was not appreciated. Jokes are the last thing we need concerning this game. As everything else around it already is. =/

They don't even have to show any trailers, just an announcement would be nice. Freaking ANYTHING would be nice.

EDIT: GUYS GUYS!!! WHAT IF....... THEY're ALSO GOING TO SHOW GUILE IN THE TRAILER ALONG WITH ALEX? Let's raise our expectations even higher so that the inevitable disappointment will be even sweeter.

KingBroly

Banned
They don't even have to show any trailers, just an announcement would be nice. Freaking ANYTHING would be nice.

EDIT: GUYS GUYS!!! WHAT IF....... THEY're ALSO GOING TO SHOW GUILE IN THE TRAILER ALONG WITH ALEX? Let's raise our expectations even higher so that the inevitable disappointment will be even sweeter.

At this point, a trailer that shows a player receiving a rage quit penalty would be more hype than a new character.

Syntsui

''We announce that Alex is coming soon, get ready''.

Drama ensues.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

I heard Alex is related to Gill and Urien so I'm expecting a feature length movie about the genesis of the Illuminati.

Scotia

Banned

Pretty much my thoughts on this. Don't see how Capcom can joke around when they're game is in such an embarassing state.

The wait...it hurts...so much

latest

Alex has probably been finished for months now.... as have the rest of the dlc cast for season 1..... they've holding back the trailer for NCR because Capcom are a PR mess....

They've probably working on the S2 characters right now... if people think they're legit finishing characters off just before release.... lol.

I'll take that trade any day of the week.

Riiiight... they've obviously chopped up the game to use the rest as DLC. That's why the PC version still doesn't have DirectInput support, there's only interactions on one stage, all the hair and cloth has terrible collision and clipping, the art looks like Bengus did it over the span of one weekend, no RQ penalty, broken matchmaking, etc...

If one thing is majorly holding back this patch- it's the random bug that signs you in on someone else's CFN account. If the store is open and the ability to buy Zenny is there after the patch... and that bug is still present... well it won't be pretty...

Shito

Riiiight... they've obviously chopped up the game to use the rest as DLC. That's why the PC version still doesn't have DirectInput support, there's only interactions on one stage, all the hair and cloth has terrible collision and clipping, the art looks like Bengus did it over the span of one weekend, no RQ penalty, broken matchmaking, etc...

If one thing is majorly holding back this patch- it's the random bug that signs you in on someone else's CFN account. If the store is open and the ability to buy Zenny is there after the patch... and that bug is still present... well it won't be pretty...
From what I've understood, you don't sign in on someone else's account, you just steal his CFN name.

From what I've understood, you don't sign in on someone else's account, you just steal his CFN name.

When it happened to me on week 2, I just restarted the game and I was back in my account. I had control of his account though... I could go in and change fav character in battle settings, etc. There was also a huge difference in our fight money... obviously I had his pool of fight money and not my own.

There's been about a dozen other people reporting the same thing happening to them on Steam.

zgj5IvU.jpg

Shito

When it happened to me on week 2, I just restarted the game and I was back in my account. I had control of his account though... I could go in and change fav character in battle settings, etc. There was also a huge difference in our fight money... obviously I had his pool of fight money and not my own.

There's been about a dozen other people reporting the same thing happening to them on Steam.

zgj5IvU.jpg
Haha, damn, I only knew about that bug where you take the name of the player you last watched a replay from. :D
This is really messed up.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That actually looks like a different bug.

I have one where I can't get rid of someone else's id, but the Fight Money it showed was always mine. I'm still playing under the name of him. Even asked him on Twitter if he had any problems, he said no.
You straight up hijacked another account...

This could totally be a reason for a delayed patch, though. Remember they're patching in the store now. They can't have people be logged into other accounts spending their FM/Zenny.

Xhorder

Haha, damn, I only knew about that bug where you take the name of the player you last watched a replay from. :D

It happened to me after I played against some German guy. After the game and back in the menu I saw the name of my opponent, LP, country (also a German flag) and FM at the top of the screen. Shorty after I played an online game and it showed my own name and details again in the load screen. After the match everything was back to normal. Weird bug...

zgj5IvU.jpg

A top player in the UK 'imstilldadaddy' got to platinum on somebody elses account lol

capcom PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom