• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Banned
Yeah, it's pretty clear we can all agree that all would have been better if they didn't rush this game out like they did.
But now it's done, so we have to deal with the situation that fixing their shit will take them some time. No point lamenting the fact that they could not get this right from the get go. ^^
Now I agree they could be better at communicating things though. Burying your head in the sand like they did for the past two weeks or so is not really the most clever thing to do, even if I can understand that things are probably quite chaotic for them right now.

I doubt they'll ever fix it, nor do I think it even crossed their mind while making the game, as with a lot of things they left out. Capcom's treated SF5 like complete dogshit so far.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I doubt they'll ever fix it, nor do I think it even crossed their mind while making the game, as with a lot of things they left out. Capcom's treated SF5 like complete dogshit so far.

I have some hope that once this big patch comes out and the game is mostly content-complete (save the story mode), they'll actually get their shit together... but I'm also not going to be shocked if they continue exactly as they're going on now.

So judging from the official artwork of every character released, we've gotten stages for the following characters:

Laura
M.Bison
Cammy
Ken (might be the NYC stage for him)
Chun-Li
Ryu (Forgotten Waterfall might be for him)
Karin
Zangief
Vega (might share with Cammy)
Dhalsim

So the following characters might still get one?
Birdie
R.Mika
FANG
Necalli
Nash
Rashid

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Mika gets a wrestling ring stage, that'd be hype. Have they said they're adding stages tho?

vulva

So judging from the official artwork of every character released, we've gotten stages for the following characters:

Laura
M.Bison
Cammy
Chun-Li
Karin
Zangief
Dhalsim

Birdie
R.Mika
FANG
Necalli
Nash
I figured waterfall was for Nash

I figured waterfall was for Nash

Nash had some weird tomb area with odd statues in the background. You also see glimpses of it in the official Cinematic they released. Might be the area to the right of the waterfall.

If that's the case then just swap Nash with Ryu EDIT: since Ryu's has a traditional japanese structure in his artwork. Maybe the place where he originally trained with Gouken and Ken?

ElFly

I assumed Forgotten Waterfall was for Necalli.

Yeah, Nash has the background but I think it fits the Necalli theme better.

Laura
M.Bison
Cammy
Chun-Li
Karin
Zangief
Dhalsim

Birdie
R.Mika
FANG
Necalli
Nash
Rashid

Birdie shares the stage with Cammy. They both from over there and were debutted at the same time. Don't know why you thought Vega shared it with Cammy.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't the waterfull Ryu's stage? Isn't dragonpunching the waterfall kind of his thing?

Lulubop

I assumed Forgotten Waterfall was for Necalli.

Yeah, Nash has the background but I think it fits the Necalli theme better.

Necalli is not from New Zealand. The waterfall is where Nash "Died" and on the right side of the stage seems to be the enterence to the tomb he was put in. I imagine it was supposed to be a stage transition somewhere in development.

So maybe Necalli's showing up or Ryu just doing good ol' Ryu things (succumbing to the Satsui no Hado for a brief moment or something) might be the trigger that brings Nash back to life or will it be something else?

Cause
(a) in the story mode, they both fight at that train station. Birdie never shows up there
(b)Cammy's artwork pretty clearly shows it, but Vega's artwork made me think it's the same background since it looks similar at this angle.

Might not be shared but still.

A. Guess that's a suitable reason of speculation.
B. Ehh...that's a stretch.

Also, if debut trailers have anything to do with such (don't think it outright does), Vega's was on the Waterfall stage, wasn't it?

I still highly doubt Cammy and Vega share a stage, despite the story mode correlation. If anything, I imagine the two Shadowloo base stages are shared among the current 4 Kings.

Lulubop

So maybe Necalli's showing up or Ryu just doing good ol' Ryu things (succumbing to the Satsui no Hado for a brief moment or something) might be the trigger that brings Nash back to life or will it be something else?

It's the Illuminati gem on his forehead...

qcf x2

That looks like a mostly finished stage, too. Wouldn't be surprised if they have a bunch of stages already done, just sitting on them to squeeze $ out of people. And by wouldn't be surprised I mean I know it for a fact. The Karin stage is example A.

Ono hasn't tweeted in 10 days, they probably locked him in a cell or something

April 1 is coming up. With the sophomoric antics we've seen surrounding this product, I am not holding my breath for ANYTHING until that day is over, if not beyond.

Now I agree they could be better at communicating things though. Burying your head in the sand like they did for the past two weeks or so is not really the most clever thing to do, even if I can understand that things are probably quite chaotic for them right now.

When Capcom says stuff too early and it ends up changing, people call them liars.

When they don't say anything in an attempt to be absolutely sure, people get mad that they don't say anything.

When they hype something up, people get disappointed.

When they DON'T hype something up, people hype stuff up on their own, and get disappointed anyways.

It's a little ridiculous.

That looks like a mostly finished stage, too. Wouldn't be surprised if they have a bunch of stages already done, just sitting on them to squeeze $ out of people. And by wouldn't be surprised I mean I know it for a fact. The Karin stage is example A.

I don't think they'll charge $ for them if they're on the disc. If anything it'll be up for FM tbh.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
When Capcom says stuff too early and it ends up changing, people call them liars.

When they don't say anything in an attempt to be absolutely sure, people get mad that they don't say anything.

When they DON'T hype something up, people hype stuff up on their own, and get disappointed anyways.

I agree. It is ridiculous to expect a company that has been around as long as Capcom to have a plan, be confident in the plan, put out a feature complete game that features a fully functioning eSports service model and support said model with communication, improvements, content and foresight.

Man, I feel foolish. =)

I don't think they'll charge $ for them if they're on the disc. If anything it'll be up for FM tbh.

That's what I'm hoping for, too. During the betas, weren't we supposed to be able to buy things with FM to test things out? I remember that some choices for stage select were blocked off because you had to buy with FM. I could be mistaken, though.

That's what I'm hoping for, too. During the betas, weren't we supposed to be able to buy things with FM to test things out? I remember that some choices for stage select were blocked off because you had to buy with FM. I could be mistaken, though.

Yea you could buy Kanzuki estate in the 2nd beta. I expect it to work the same tbh

Shito

I get that, but you can't argue that they are holding onto Alex footage as part of their marketing plan for the next patch.
I know plans can change and they should not give a date without being 100% sure of it, but leaving too much time without any kind of update in the current situation is a bit of a shame.
I'm not asking of them to give us a made up date to appease us, I don't want them to release the trailer out of the marketing window, but they could, like, at least have prepared a little teaser of some sort to make the bridge between the screenshots announce and the proper media blow out. Even some 30 seconds teaser at Final Round would have been fine, and would have helped hyping NCR.

Mizerman

Yeah, the Kanzuki Estate was available for purchase with FM. I wouldn't be surprised.

vulva

Nash
4EuFWWw.png

also lol story in video games

qcf x2

Yea you could buy Kanzuki estate in the 2nd beta. I expect it to work the same tbh

I agree, I don't think it will be cash only. Just saying prepping DLC stages may have affected their inclination to actually finish the base stages. The Fang stage in the art looks cool regardless.

i'm used to brief stutter when fight request is on in training or survival whenever a player is ready, but what i got earlier was horrible slowdown which turned this game into a cheap mess. i wonder what's going on with their servers currently. i can't believe this is worse than their launch now. i won't unlock anything until they fix this.

Came back playing SFV after a week, still see it's a broken mess.

the FGC:

c4jt321.png

If this was any other fighting game, it would have died in a week.

Xeteh

Came back playing SFV after a week, still see it's a broken mess.

If this was any other fighting game, it would have died in a week.

You're not wrong but it helps that people really do love the gameplay. Obviously things should be better but its still fun to play.

qcf x2

Last night I was playing Battle Lounge and pretty much every opponent I faced had bars fluctuate from 5 (initially) to 1 and everything in between. PS4 and PC players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom