• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

galvatron

LPN used Birdie though it didn't really get him far.

There was that guy who dropped Snake Eyes to Losers in pools, can't remember his name.

KnifeLife...surprising, since he wasn't too great last I saw him. I think Birdie wins that match barring great reads from Gief.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Came back playing SFV after a week, still see it's a broken mess.

the FGC:

c4jt321.png

If this was any other fighting game, it would have died in a week.

Gameplay is just too damn good. I can't let it go. And for me, the online experience has been positive. Still, it's a fair point. Capcom needs to address the issues moving forward.

Mizerman

the FGC:

c4jt321.png

1) Who said it was completely fine?
2) The core gameplay is damn good, that's why it's still around. There's no denying that.
3) Don't do the whole "if this was any other fighter/puzzle/etc, it would've died" routine. It's kinda whiny.

maks

Capcom getting heat for releasing a game that needed more time to cook. Now getting pressure for a march update that may also need more time. It doesnt look like this update will address the bigger online issues so this one will be doomed to harsh criticism anyway. One thing for sure, if they delay it there will be outrage LOL.

Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

FluxWaveZ

Capcom getting heat for releasing a game that needed more time to cook. Now getting pressure for a march update that may also need more time. It doesnt look like this update will address the bigger online issues so this one will be doomed to harsh criticism anyway. One thing for sure, if they delay it there will be outrage LOL.

Not a good example of this. They put out a rushed game and are now presumably falling behind when it comes to maintaining it. Could be excused if it was a F2P or early access title, but it is not.

ElFly

would it be weird if I kinda want there to be a way to view the cpt events in game? Kind of like you can in dota. I think it'd be a neat feature.

Bro, you have to add a replay to your favorites, and then go to the 'favorite replays' menu to find it and watch it.

Such kind of tech is basically the Apolo Project for Capcom's brothers Wright

ohkay

Well they made their bed

I'm sure I'm not alone, but most of my games are pretty smooth and lag free (but that could just be on my end)

Most of my online matches have been fine too. In fact, I stopped doing the manual confirmation since there were so few poor connections, and after discovering that even the "1 bar" matches played fine (suggesting that its just another UI bug).

It's everything else that it unpolished at best and kinda broken at worst, including lobbies, where I occasionally don't get anyone joining until I recreate the lobby, and where I often cannot kick people.

Durden77

the FGC:

c4jt321.png

Any other fighting game doesn't have a core as strong as this one.

And no one thinks it's fine. The patch should've been out weeks ago, regardless of if Alex came with it.

Additionally, while the online has had its hitches (for some, for me, ever since the first week it's not been too awful, RQers aside), that's not the end all point for the FGC. Offline play is still very much a thing with fighting game tournaments, especially everywhere that isn't Japan.

qcf x2

Thankfully you're providing the preemptive defense force to shield them from criticism. Poor Capcom, we treat them so terribly!

I've tweeted haunts twice, the uk capcom rep, sfvserver and posted multiple times in the sfv steam bug thread.

I'm still having fun with the game in training/ranked/casual but i'm getting really fed up with the inability to create a battle lounge, and capcoms lack of response on this issue despite more and more people complaining about it :/ still been unable to play with my buddy who i've played fighting games with forever, unless one of us wants to drive 150 miles for an offline session :/
Likewise. There is no support. There is no english speaking Capcom employee who has any contact with the development team and will actually respond to you. I've tweeted everyone, emailed Capcom 'support', who just told me to 'keep an eye on Twitter'. @SFVServer doesn't engage in conversation with anyone, @StreetFighter is just a marketing drone. Capcom-Unity tech support is completely un-manned. It's just a big fuck-you all round. I don't think I've ever been this pissed off with a game company.

Mediking

Why Mike Ross? He works for Twitch not Capcom.

Mike Ross is still an INCREDIBLY respected guy in the FGC scene. He always claims he speaks for the people.... He has a voice. He can be HEARD. He can be heard louder than any of us.

Same goes for Combofiend.

I'm not saying they should go in full war on the game but jeez.... at least acknowledge some widely well known problems regarding the game.

VariantX

Any other fighting game doesn't have a core as strong as this one.

And no one thinks it's fine. The patch should've been out weeks ago, regardless of if Alex came with it.

8-Player lobbies and the full tutorial mode should have been in the game no later than the first week for sure. Shortcomings aside, I'm looking forward to playing the the hell out of this game once my copy arrives later this week.

Shadoken

Mike Ross is still an INCREDIBLY respected guy in the FGC scene. He always claims he speaks for the people.... He has a voice. He can be HEARD. He can be heard louder than any of us.

I'm not saying they should go in full war on the game but jeez.... at least acknowledge some widely well known problems regarding the game.

We need to look to our Lord and Savior INFILTRATION.

cackhyena

It's not good business, even for Ross. Combofiend would deflect if he has to bring it up at all. It's how PR works. Yes we'd like the guys we see most give real talk about the state of things. But again, not good business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom