• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
would it be weird if I kinda want there to be a way to view the cpt events in game? Kind of like you can in dota. I think it'd be a neat feature.

This is one of those features that, if it hasn't already been considered, should ABSOLUTELY be something on their long-term plan on features to implement someday.

Mike Ross is still an INCREDIBLY respected guy in the FGC scene.

tumblr_ny2fb9LoRB1ua5f7bo1_500.gif

Mediking

It's not good business, even for Ross. Combofiend would deflect if he has to bring it up at all. It's how PR works. Yes we'd like the guys we see most give real talk about the state of things. But again, not good business.

It's sad when a paycheck keeps a man from speaking the truth.

VariantX

This is one of those features that, if it hasn't already been considered, should ABSOLUTELY be something on their long-term plan on features to implement someday.

At least put the dates of cpt events in the news section like DOA5: LR had a ticker telling its players about upcoming events. Maybe get some non cpt stuff on there eventually

Shadoken

It's not good business, even for Ross. Combofiend would deflect if he has to bring it up at all. It's how PR works. Yes we'd like the guys we see most give real talk about the state of things. But again, not good business.

It seems now that Capcom is so invested in the FGC , either directly or indirectly through licensed manufacturers who sponsor players.

I feel like so far no notable FGC figure has brought up the issues.

It's pragmatism. But really, Combofiend doesn't need to rally out against SFV so long as he's taking shit in and fixing stuff. Or in other words, doing his job. Words are meaningless unless things are actually getting done.

And it's not like Capcom isn't unwise to what people want. It's probably taking them longer than anticipated due to their shitty network service.

Mike Ross is still an INCREDIBLY respected guy in the FGC scene. He always claims he speaks for the people.... He has a voice. He can be HEARD. He can be heard louder than any of us.

Same goes for Combofiend.

I'm not saying they should go in full war on the game but jeez.... at least acknowledge some widely well known problems regarding the game.

Hang on a second - what HASN'T been acknowledged yet? Several members of the FGC have gone in on the lack of features. The reviews, both user & steam and MC reviews, are all a travesty for the game. We've had several GAF threads where ppl debated and largely agreed on how disappointing the lack of features were. Heck, we got a new thread just last week blasting the lack of a functional rage quit feature in SFV in comparison to Pokken Tournament actually having one.

Several people within the FGC have acknowledged it. You've even had Capcom make assurances about trying to address these issues, and Combofiend is an associate producer on the game & at Capcom. Mike Ross is basically a Capcom employee at this point. There is no reason they should go in on the game any further than is already done; its the text book definition of beating a dead horse.

Let me ask you - what ground-breaking opinion do you feel Mike Ross or Combofiend would have to say regarding the game's lack of features & content? If they say anything that isn't utter agreement with that, then they'll just be seen as corporate shills (for a company they do work for). And attacking the game for those reasons is literally just adding two more voices saying the same thing in a sea of that very same opinion. Do you think they have something to say that will magically make ANY of that content come out any faster? Or make it so that it would've been there on Feb. 16th?

Heck, at least Capcom got to do a small victory lap since wading through the continued BS that has been going down since launch in seeing the tremendous reception the game's gameplay has been getting & continues to get. The first premiere event went pretty fantastic, and the matches were hype AF.

cackhyena

It seems now that Capcom is so invested in the FGC , either directly or indirectly through licensed manufacturers who sponsor players.

Best I heard was hearing Art say off mic at WNF that the matchmaking is ass. You know Spooky wouldn't let him say it if he was on that mic.

That's life, man. I'd rather Combo said nothing and keep his job. His input helped give us a good foundation in V.

ElFly

Hang on a second - what HASN'T been acknowledged yet? Several members of the FGC have gone in on the lack of features. The reviews, both user & steam and MC reviews, are all a travesty for the game. We've had several GAF threads where ppl debated and largely agreed on how disappointing the lack of features were. Heck, we got a new thread just last week blasting the lack of a functional rage quit feature in SFV in comparison to Pokken Tournament actually having one.

Several people within the FGC have acknowledged it. You've even had Capcom make assurances about trying to address these issues, and Combofiend is an associate producer on the game & at Capcom. Mike Ross is basically a Capcom employee at this point. There is no reason they should go in on the game any further than is already done; its the text book definition of beating a dead horse.

Let me ask you - what ground-breaking opinion do you feel Mike Ross or Combofiend would have to say regarding the game's lack of features & content? If they say anything that isn't utter agreement with that, then they'll just be seen as corporate shills (for a company they do work for). And attacking the game for those reasons is literally just adding two more voices saying the same thing in a sea of that very same opinion. Do you think they have something to say that will magically make ANY of that content come out any faster? Or make it so that it would've been there on Feb. 16th?

I think that a simple "hey guys, we are having QA problems so the patch may be delayed a little we will keep you posted, sorry" would be waaaaay better than just playing Rashido's theme after teasing an announcement.

I want to clarify that Rashido's theme is awesome, despite its misuse.

I'm still genuinely surprised so few top players have gone for Necalli. He is a damn good character and any player who values offense will do wonderful things with him.

ElFly

Ucchedavāda;198828209 said:
Bad news is better than no news.

Of course maybe their whole strategy has always been to drop Alex the last day of March and do the announcement just immediately before.

I think that a simple "hey guys, we are having QA problems so the patch may be delayed a little we will keep you posted, sorry" would be waaaaay better than just playing Rashido's theme after teasing an announcement.

I want to clarify that Rashido's theme is awesome, despite its misuse.

That would put us under the assumption that the patch is going to be delayed.

March isn't over. The troll was silly, but there's still one more event left, and one more typical day of content drops (next Tuesday) to go.

ElFly

That would put us under the assumption that the patch is going to be delayed.

March isn't over. The troll was silly, but there's still one more event left, and one more typical day of content drops (next Tuesday) to go.

Tru tru

still a silly strategy but that's a possibility too

Capcom getting heat for releasing a game that needed more time to cook. Now getting pressure for a march update that may also need more time. It doesnt look like this update will address the bigger online issues so this one will be doomed to harsh criticism anyway. One thing for sure, if they delay it there will be outrage LOL.

Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

We don't even know if this is a matter of Capcom needing more time to finish the March Update or not, or if they are simply waiting for the first two CPT Premieres to be cleared from the calendar before releasing something that big onto the game.

Let's say they release it tomorrow. And some crazy, big exploit is found in any of the new technical changes made to circumvent some of the OS' they are targeting. Or what if Alex is discovered to be absolutely OP when fighting the rest of the cast. And they release this update tomorrow, 5 days before their 2nd CPT Premiere, or had they released it last week, it would've been 5 days before their first CPT Premiere for the year. This would decimate the game's competitive reception in front of the very audience they are putting it forth to.

And if you don't think theres no precedent for this, understand that NRS was releasing huge patches affecting character balance and releasing DLC on characters that weren't properly tuned DAYS before their next major, and is still held as one of the things that killed the competitive momentum MKX was enjoying before EVO last year.

Capcom isn't innocent in all this by a damn mile - they should absolutely be more communicative in general about both the state of the game & the state of updates and its current delivery schedule. Just saying "March. March update launches it March." and going completely silent after detailing what is in that update isn't good enough. The fact that anyone refuses to talk about it until next Sunday (as confirmed by a Capcom Fighters twitch mod asking ppl to tune in to NCR for info) already tells me this is more coordinated than anything else, which is a shame, cause they should realize building solid community relations is more important than sticking to some marketing schedule they agreed on months ago before the game launched the way that it did.

Mediking

Heck, at least Capcom got to do a small victory lap since wading through the continued BS that has been going down since launch in seeing the tremendous reception the game's gameplay has been getting & continues to get. The first premiere event went pretty fantastic, and the matches were hype AF.

It's not "beating a dead horse" when you got people who really enjoy the game but the glaring problems in the game keep popping up in their face.

I REALLY like SFV. I REALLY freaking do. It's addicting. It's intense. I bought the Collector's Edition. I bought the Season Pass. I have the Battle Costume for Cammy. I support the game.

But the fact that the dang STORE STILL ISN'T HERE IS INSULTING. THIS HAS GONE TOO FAR.

I would just like for Combofiend or Mike Ross to say at least... SOMETHING. "Yeah, man... Survival is FLAWED. What are some ways to fix it?" Or maybe: "Man, I know the store isn't here. I know that's messed up. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything."

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

It might be more sad that you don't understand what a job is. There are lots of people complaining. People who work for Capcom aren't going to do that. You want a guy to lose his dream job on purpose to say something that everyone already knows.

ElFly

We don't even know if this is a matter of Capcom needing more time to finish the March Update or not, or if they are simply waiting for the first two CPT Premieres to be cleared from the calendar before releasing something that big onto the game.

Let's say they release it tomorrow. And some crazy, big exploit is found in any of the new technical changes made to circumvent some of the OS' they are targeting. Or what if Alex is discovered to be absolutely OP when fighting the rest of the cast. And they release this update tomorrow, 5 days before their 2nd CPT Premiere, or had they released it last week, it would've been 5 days before their first CPT Premiere for the year. This would decimate the game's competitive reception in front of the very audience they are putting it forth to.

And if you don't think theres no precedent for this, understand that NRS was releasing huge patches affecting character balance and releasing DLC on characters that weren't properly tuned DAYS before their next major, and is still held as one of the things that killed the competitive momentum MKX was enjoying before EVO last year.

Capcom isn't innocent in all this by a damn mile - they should absolutely be more communicative in general about both the state of the game & the state of updates and its current delivery schedule. Just saying "March. March update launches it March." and going completely silent after detailing what is in that update isn't good enough. The fact that anyone refuses to talk about it until next Sunday (as confirmed by a Capcom Fighters twitch mod asking ppl to tune in to NCR for info) already tells me this is more coordinated than anything else, which is a shame, cause they should realize building solid community relations is more important than sticking to some marketing schedule they agreed on months ago before the game launched the way that it did.

It would be prudent for tourney organizers to not further update their PS4s until the patch stabilize.

Then again...is Alex going to be allowed on the very next tourney after he is available?

qcf x2

Hence the "this is fine" pics. There's this weird gun to the head mentality going around. Even at the very thing they're supposedly focusing on first and foremost... I'm sure everybody watching on Saturday wanted to know what all of the roaring in the background was. The commentators straight up did not acknowledge what was going on because it was a non Street Fighter moment, even though they share event space and there's tons of interest overlap. Then you get a billion chat comments at once saying a billion different things, 99.9% of them false so you don't really know what's going on at all but it's clearly more interesting than the match you're watching.

Why does this "e sport" not have Capcom-or-Sony-provided live updated brackets and seeding? Why do they leave it up to volunteers? Where's the stat tracking? This shit is not that hard to do.

It's not "beating a dead horse" when you got people who really enjoy the game but the glaring problems in the game keep popping up in their face.

I REALLY like SFV. I REALLY freaking do. It's addicting. It's intense. I bought the Collector's Edition. I bought the Season Pass. I have the Battle Costume for Cammy. I support the game.

But the fact that the dang STORE STILL ISN'T HERE IS INSULTING. THIS HAS GONE TOO FAR.

I would just like for Combofiend or Mike Ross to say at least... SOMETHING. "Yeah, man... Survival is FLAWED. What are some ways to fix it?" Or maybe: "Man, I know the store isn't here. I know that's messed up. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything."

I think new colors being introduced in the store is a subtle way of saying "yeah, we fucked up with locking colors behind the store". I'm sure them introducing more colors through the store will be their workaround to this very issue.

The store not being here yet is frustrating, not insulting. What was insulting was the base game & the sticker price. Whats insulting is Capcom feeling like, and I say this from an assumption rather than fact, that they would stick to their marketing schedule by only showing the gameplay footage for Alex & giving the March Update a date at their 2nd CPT Premiere, when this is stuff that they literally told us to soften the blow back in February for its lack of content.

Mediking

It might be more sad that you don't understand what a job is. There are lots of people complaining. People who work for Capcom aren't going to do that. You want a guy to lose his dream job on purpose to say something that everyone already knows.

You pretty much just said that losing a job for speaking the truth of how messed up a situation is.... isn't worth getting fired for.

Ohhhkay, buddy.

And who said I wanted him to lose his job? I just want him to be a GAMER and SPEAK HIS MIND. But no!!!! Let's see him talk PR about Lupe Fiasco winning! Lupe Fiasco winning symbolizes that guys like us can win against top tier players! YAY!!!! PR, BABY!!!!

Csr

I doubt they would have kept quiet if that was the case given the state the game is in and the public reception and complaints, most likely they are not sure when the patch will be ready.

In the FGC thread, RellyRell28 pointed out that there will be at least one CPT event every week until Evo. Is the solution no patch until CPT ends?

Shadoken

Why does this "e sport" not have Capcom-or-Sony-provided live updated brackets and seeding? Why do they leave it up to volunteers? Where's the stat tracking? This shit is not that hard to do.

Its like we have the negative aspects of e-Sports and FGC poverty all rolled into one now.

Tru tru

still a silly strategy but that's a possibility too

It might be, but dropping Alex with some broken ass tech before a big event would be on some bullshit level. Or whatever other alterations are coming.

Better to do that after CPT than before.

Maximillian put out a video directly targeting this issue, and the lack of SP modes & features and how unfriendly to the casual audience it is. The FGC actually has complained about stuff that the FGC actually cares about. I've heard commentators at both WNF, NLBC, and even Winter Brawl, complain about the fact that player 2 cannot select 'Change Character/Stage' after a match; that player 1 has to do it for them. And that this feature was present in even Vanilla SF4. I continuously hear complaints that character themes CANNOT be heard when playing in local play (they do work in online play). Several members of the FGC have openly complained about colors being locked behind Survival, so all we get see is the same two outfits.

People in the FGC have complained about SFV and how it pertains to the FGC itself. The FGC doesn't care about the lack of SP content for the most part.

SSReborn

Dude this thread is really depressing right now.

Not that it's anyone's fault really accept Capcom that discussion surrounding the game is the way it is right now.

ElFly

In the FGC thread, RellyRell28 pointed out that there will be at least one CPT event every week until Evo. Is the solution no patch until CPT ends?

I've heard people saying that Capcom said no rebalance until after CPT ends this year.

Which is crazy times.

cackhyena

You pretty much just said that losing a job for speaking the truth of how messed up a situation is.... isn't worth getting fired for.

Ohhhkay, buddy.

And who said I wanted him to lose his job? I just want him to be a GAMER and SPEAK HIS MIND. But no!!!! Let's see him talk PR about Lupe Fiasco winning! Lupe Fiasco winning symbolizes that guys like us can win against top tier players! YAY!!!! PR, BABY!!!!

If he were to just speak his mind he'd be fired. He's the mouthpiece for the game. How do you not get that anyone with an ounce of responsibilities isn't going to throw away such an opportunity. What kind of person puts himself as "gamer" over someone who wants a steady income? C'mon.

There's difference between CPT Ranking events, which are the overwhelming majority of them, and CPT Premiere events, where the winner gets a guaranteed spot into this year's Capcom Cup. These next two sundays are unique in that they are the only period in which there will be two premiere CPT events occurring on two consecutive weekends.

BiggNife

Dude this thread is really depressing right now.

Not that it's anyone's fault really accept Capcom that discussion surrounding the game is the way it is right now.

The game's in a weird spot right now. We know shit is going to get fixed eventually but we have no idea when and Capcom has done a pretty crappy job with communication. That "prank" at the end of Final Round felt like an insult.

And yes, haunts represents Capcom. It's his job as a community manager to do so.

ElFly

If Alex IS really broken at launch as well then they could just ban him from tournaments, no?

Bans are super rare; he'd have to be extremely broken.

I prev thought that he may be banned of tourneys that are played just immediately after his release, but thinking on it cannot really come up with a good reason.

It's Alex. He gonna be low tier as fuck.

I want to believe they removed moves from him in order to make his other moves actually decent/good. Don't think Capcom wants a Jack of all trades.

Mediking

If he were to just speak his mind he'd be fired. He's the mouthpiece for the game. How do you not get that anyone with an ounce of responsibilities isn't going to throw away such an opportunity. What kind of person puts himself as "gamer" over someone who wants a steady income? C'mon.

Money over pride...

Money over self-worth...

"Gotta pay the bills so I'll hold in how I really feel about something I love."

AND IF HE DID GET FIRED... AT LEAST THAT SINGULAR MOMENT WOULD EXPOSE CAPCOM LIKE CRAZY.

Nephtes

The game's in a weird spot right now. We know shit is going to get fixed eventually but we have no idea when and Capcom has done a pretty crappy job with communication.

It seems like a Japanese company thing.
Reminded of Konami and MGSV's launch nonsense.

Granted, Konami JP were communicating with their Japanese customers, just not their American/European ones...

Begs the question, does Capcom have a chain of communication going on in Japan right now that we're not privy to?

BiggNife

I strongly doubt Alex will be broken

Ono couldn't have already forgotten what a trainwreck AE was thanks to Yun and Yang being so OP

He literally went out of his way to apologize for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom