• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

qcf x2

posting again for new page:

how do you handle Dhalsim with Laura? He anti-airs all my jump ins with ease and I can't get near him all that well.

You can stuff a lot of his normals. Once you're sitting on meter you can EX elbow his limbs and that should blow him up. Also, you might be able to v-reversal his limbs for a knockdown (I'm not sure about this one). You just gotta get in once.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Oh ffs, I just beat a 5k LP Mika, pretty much my only positive fight today aaaaaaand it's a ragequit. Didn't even have a winstreak, probably actually mad.

Capcom probably needs to implement a 'Captains' build and distribute that build digitally to the PS4's TOs plan on using at events. Cause having all colors locked behind survival, and all content locked behind the store, is gonna make viewing the game grow tiring after awhile. These CPT tournaments should serve as marketing for the game and the content that it holds for users to buy.

I agree with this. In fact, since so much shit is already tied to the server, it'd be dope if they actually tied stuff like this directly into your CFN ID so that things like you main character and fav. outfit and color would be shown anytime you were in a tournament or playing anywhere outside of home. I guess that could be a bit of a hassle with individual player log-ins for every play session tho. Would be nice to have some quick work around to it tho. Didn't one of the Tekken arcade games have a fight id card or something that kinda did this a while back ago?

Sheroking

I can't tell if I'm impressed by this or mad about this.

giphy.gif

LegendX48

Gonna have to give a few of those things a try, I have shit reactions though :\

Didn't help that the dhalsim I was playing was a Laura main so they knew exactly how to shut me down.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Is there no reliable way to get out of Nash's V-Trigger? Even if I see it coming? I saw it hit a lot at FR, too, so I guess not!?

Gonna have to give a few of those things a try, I have shit reactions though :\

Didn't help that the dhalsim I was playing was a Laura main so they knew exactly how to shut me down.

It's not an easy match up, you will lose a lot (in fact I'm still losing to basic sims). Right now, personally, my hardest matches (in no particular order): R.Mika, Dhalsim, FANG, Rashid, Necalli and Vega. If anyone picks any of those players, I'm pretty sure I'll lose regardless of skill level. Necalli and Vega just straight up have better normals than Laura, the rest i'm completely unfamiliar with.

LegendX48

It's not an easy match up, you will lose a lot (in fact I'm still losing to basic sims). Right now, personally, my hardest matches (in no particular order): R.Mika, Dhalsim, FANG, Rashid, Necalli and Vega. If anyone picks any of those players, I'm pretty sure I'll lose regardless of skill level. Necalli and Vega just straight up have better normals than Laura, the rest i'm completely unfamiliar with.

vega's tricky no matter who you use, though I did finally learn that his wall bounce/dive can be anti aired with Laura's heavy bolt which has helped me quite a bit.

MrDaravon

I haven't been able to play in over 2 weeks, I'm gonna get bodied aren't I? :(

Gonna try to see if the Battle Lounges work for me yet, as of when I last played they still didn't work, was hoping the March update would be out by now :/

Baleoce

Feel like I made a little bit of progress today. An even amount of losses and wins, but I feel with regards to the matches I played, I was more composed and my execution was a little bit more reliable. Wasn't phased when I was being pressured as much as usual.

As a greenhorn who plays with a pad, I've realized the analog stick is far more reliable for shooting out CA compared to the d-pad, so that's the way for now.

There's the inner kid inside of me that wants to get a fighting stick, but I'm forcing myself to get a strong grasp on the game itself before I make that kind of investment. XD

Csr

Is there no reliable way to get out of Nash's V-Trigger? Even if I see it coming? I saw it hit a lot at FR, too, so I guess not!?

An anti air usually works, it also has startup so any meaty will stuff it completely. People just haven't got used to reacting properly yet. If it is covered by a sonic boom and you expect it then jump (usually neutral or back if you have a relatively safe jump option at that moment) or block. Also if he teleports in front i don't think he will be able to combo from a sonic boom not sure though.

vega's tricky no matter who you use, though I did finally learn that his wall bounce/dive can be anti aired with Laura's heavy bolt which has helped me quite a bit.

Be careful, this method is not full proof! I know this because I play my friend who imho is probably the king of walldives (well in SF4 for sure, SFV he's made the best use of it thus far), he baits me all the time, and it's not just me he does it to a lot of people.

https://youtu.be/9oSBlQZkySw?t=50s

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
An anti air usually works, it also has startup so any meaty will stuff it completely. People just haven't got used to reacting properly yet. If it is covered by a sonic boom and you expect it then jump (usually neutral or back if you have a relatively safe jump option at that moment) or block. Also if he teleports in front i don't think he will be able to combo from a sonic boom not sure though.
Are you sure it has start-up? I know you can throw it, but I'm pretty sure it's beating my meaties.

SephLuis

Is Bison EX Stomp an overhead ? Or just in V-Trigger ?

And, what to do with a Gief that uses CA as a fucking reversal ? You finish a combo and then Muscle Power comes around, ffs. Obviously, no time to react.

ElFly

Is Bison EX Stomp an overhead ? Or just in V-Trigger ?

And, what to do with a Gief that uses CA as a fucking reversal ? You finish a combo and then Muscle Power comes around, ffs. Obviously, no time to react.

Well if you are +1 you can just jump when you see the animation.

LakeEarth

Well if you are +1 you can just jump when you see the animation.
It doesn't work that way. If you aren't jumping before the animation start, you're getting hit by it.

My advice is to recognize the Zangief is looking to super during / in between an attack and bait it with a jump when they have meter. It's hard to see this coming on a one-off ranked match, but is something you can take advantage of in a set.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us
I know this was meant to refer to rage quitters, but I can't help but feel that people feel like this about Capcom.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Someone just RQ'd out of a damn battle lounge match. That's a first.

Anyone from EU wanna do some games? Noray87

ElFly

:/ the connection was lost just as I getting super exposed against a brazilean Laura

I swear to god I didn't RQ :(

No messaging her cause she is on PC

Tirael

If you see the critical art it is too late to react. Any frame advantage before gief does the CA does not make a difference.

Yep, Superman had the same thing in Injustice, except it had plenty of range, and was a strike. But if you weren't blocking when you saw the super flash, you were getting hit. Yep, a 0-frame super. They eventually changed it to be 1-frame, but that was because Supes had the rest of the tools in the book too. I doubt they'll take it from Zangief.

Moaradin

I'm playing like ass today. Lost to a ultra bronze vega and lost like 200 points (why the fuck is the game giving me bronze players when I was Platinum to begin with)

GGs. I want all those colours man haha

gg, thanks for joining! you can play many characters well, that's pretty cool. i needed match knowledge vs laura and nec, i was happy when you picked them to beat my ass. good shit, i had fun. yea, i need even more colors, but shit is too hard, heh.

FluxWaveZ

I'm playing like ass today. Lost to a ultra bronze vega and lost like 200 points (why the fuck is the game giving me bronze players when I was Platinum to begin with)

Huh, 200 points is less than I would have pegged that kind of loss at (I would have thought ~250 or something). Biggest I lost was to a Silver at Ultra Gold; it was something like 140.

Well, actually, thinking about that, 200 sounds about right. I guess matching one against lower leagues keeps one on their toes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom