• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

cackhyena

Money over pride...

Money over self-worth...

"Gotta pay the bills so I'll hold in how I really feel about something I love."

AND IF HE DID GET FIRED... AT LEAST THAT SINGULAR MOMENT WOULD EXPOSE CAPCOM LIKE CRAZY.

I'm glad you're so principled. Money over self worth happens all the time. Adulthood.

Yeah it'd be great if everyone could speak their minds and keep companies in check. It's not how it is, though.

DR2K

Banned
Money over pride...

Money over self-worth...

AND IF HE DID GET FIRED... AT LEAST THAT SINGULAR MOMENT WOULD EXPOSE CAPCOM LIKE CRAZY.

You're not actually being serious?

That Haunts/Final Round thing is not surprising at all to me. I can't even get mad. Capcom's tried to get all cute and cheeky and shit when they've had zero good news to offer before. Reminds me of that SFxT fiasco.

I doubt they would have kept quiet if that was the case given the state the game is in and the public reception and complaints, most likely they are not sure when the patch will be ready.

They fully detailed the patch, which confirmed that certain features got moved out of it, and fully detailed Alex. The only thing we're missing is a trailer for Alex and a date for the March update. If they were as far behind as some people are just assuming, then wouldn't it stand to reason they wouldn't even detail the features that will be in the March Update itself?

Heck, we didn't get those details until the 2nd week of March anyway. And Alex is clearly finished, as I imagine both Guile & Juri are likely as well (the April & May characters, respectively). So theres no reason to not show a trailer for the character, especially if he's been both fully detailed as far as his tool set AND we've seen his in-game assets in pictures. Unless, of course, there is a marketing plan tied to the release of the trailer, which it seems like there is.

Keep in mind, we're talking about Capcom here - a company that absolutely LOVES to stick to its marketing schedule when it comes to their fighting games. Need proof? Laura's entire trailer was leaked days prior to an event held in Brazil for the character. Capcom's response? Pretend like nothing had happened & go radio silent on it for days, then premiere that very same trailer with as straight a face as they could muster. This isn't new to them either - they did the same exact thing TWICE for both MvC3 & UMvC3 when both of those game's entire roster got leaked. And we didn't even have assets back then, just names.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Lol, it is not worth losing your job to try and expose capcom.

That said I haven't been watching excellent adventures at all beyond the first two weeks, seeing them fight an insanely laggy match and not even say a passing comment was too much.

Money over pride...

Money over self-worth...

You can't be serious. You don't see why someone wouldn't want to lose his job? It's a update for a video game, it's not like Capcom is going around slaughtering kids or something.

qcf x2

I've heard people saying that Capcom said no rebalance until after CPT ends this year.

Which is crazy times.

I think they said something to that effect, no balance changes expected in the first year. But they're already doing some adjustments with the
""""""March""""""
update. I definitely understand the idea behind not wanting to adjust balance the first year, since you want to balance what's actually broken as opposed to what people are whining about because they haven't figured things out. You don't want to be tinkering every 3 weeks. But if something is being exploited at a system mechanics level (ie the jump back/throw tech OS) then you fix it ASAP.

Shadoken

I feel like Capcom should consider adding a "Tournament Mode" with local 2p play. Make it easier to switch controllers. If they want to ban new characters , dont make them available in this mode.

That way they can add in characters , let the players test it out in Online/Offline play. IF the character is good to go , then unlock them in Tournament mode. This is how Dota does it , whenever they add a new Hero , it doesnt automatically go into Captains mode unless its publicly tested.

Skilletor

After seeing 8 unique characters in a top 8 of a 1024 man tournament, I'm willing to give Capcom the benefit of the doubt on balance and believe that they know what the fuck they're doing.

This game is amazing and Alex will be better than he ever was in 3s (although that's a really low bar to set).

Oh, and ESPN even talked about it:

http://espn.go.com/esports/story/_/id/15034343/final-round-delivers-varied-street-fighter-v-top-8

re: balance updates:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...lso-comments-balancing-approach-dlc-fighters/

Capcom gave us a more specific window on when we might expect said balance patches in the future, though.

"We'll be making battle balance changes at the end of every year to ensure all characters remain strong," concluded Rosas.

Shito

I've heard people saying that Capcom said no rebalance until after CPT ends this year.

Which is crazy times.
Major rebalance patches once a year is a very sensible thing to do, and honestly it's one of the best decisions they took for this game.
You need to let the players figure out the game first before knowing what you wish to change.
Nobody wants a second NRS.

RedAssedApe

Banned
That Haunts/Final Round thing is not surprising at all to me. I can't even get mad. Capcom's tried to get all cute and cheeky and shit when they've had zero good news to offer before. Reminds me of that SFxT fiasco.

capccom pls

IgMyxh.jpg

ElFly

I think they said something to that effect, no balance changes expected in the first year. But they're already doing some adjustments with the update. I definitely understand the idea behind not wanting to adjust balance the first year, since you want to balance what's actually broken as opposed to what people are whining about because they haven't figured things out. You don't want to be tinkering every 3 weeks. But if something is being exploited at a system mechanics level (ie the jump back/throw tech OS) then you fix it ASAP.

Yeah I thought about that before posting, but I think that is slightly different.

That's mostly adding to the balance they are already trying to strike, killing all option selects and stuff like that.

I am talking about buffing certain characters and nerfing others, particularly around the fear that Alex may be OP or UP

Major rebalance patches once a year is a very sensible thing to do, and honestly it's one of the best decisions they took for this game.
You need to let the players figure out the game first before knowing what you wish to change.

While I agree IMHO yearly is too long. Around each six months may be a better balance. Particularly if they manage to get a constant stream of new characters.

After EVO would be an ideal time for a rebalance; no one is going to keep a broken tech secret after EVO so all major unfair stuffs should be revealed around then.

I feel like Capcom should consider adding a "Tournament Mode" with local 2p play. Make it easier to switch controllers. If they want to ban new characters , dont make them available in this mode.

That way they can add in characters , let the players test it out in Online/Offline play. IF the character is good to go , then unlock them in Tournament mode. This is how Dota does it , whenever they add a new Hero , it doesnt automatically go into Captains mode unless its publicly tested.

Capcom probably needs to implement a 'Captains' build and distribute that build digitally to the PS4's TOs plan on using at events. Cause having all colors locked behind survival, and all content locked behind the store, is gonna make viewing the game grow tiring after awhile. These CPT tournaments should serve as marketing for the game and the content that it holds for users to buy.

Nephtes

At the same time, I DO want them to make Karin's useless as fuck Rassenha command throw to work on Crouching opponents...honestly, there's no reason right now for this move to be in the game.

Mediking

Let's just say the update does get delayed to April... will anything change? Hmmmm? Just more people "beating a dead horse" with their outcry?

I'm sorry that I'm frustrated in how things are being done. Like I said before, I bought the Collector's Edition. I bought the Season Pass. I have the preorder bonus for Battle Costume Cammy. I do really like the game.

But the store still isn't even here...?

FluxWaveZ

At the same time, I DO want them to make Karin's useless as fuck Rassenha command throw to work on Crouching opponents...honestly, there's no reason right now for this move to be in the game.

There's even less reason for Mika to have her V Skill, which is supposed to be one of the more significant additions to SFV.

I think they said something to that effect, no balance changes expected in the first year. But they're already doing some adjustments with the update. I definitely understand the idea behind not wanting to adjust balance the first year, since you want to balance what's actually broken as opposed to what people are whining about because they haven't figured things out. You don't want to be tinkering every 3 weeks. But if something is being exploited at a system mechanics level (ie the jump back/throw tech OS) then you fix it ASAP.

Capcom has said that really blatant stuff will be addressed. So their balance team definitely seems to have an idea of things they feel fall within intended design and things that fall out of it. They aren't actually targetting anything in the character balance in the March update - they are just targeting OS', which has been one of their primary targets since before the game launched.

Money over pride...

Money over self-worth...

lmao this is insane.

Dude needs to do his job - translating what the fans want to Capcom so they can fix it. Having a peprally about all the things already spoken about would be worthless, and only serves to get him fired when the better option is to actually let the man do his job.

I'm completely fine with him not trying to froth at the mouth about Capcom's faults if he's actively trying to correct things.

There's even less reason for Mika to have her V Skill, which is supposed to be one of the more significant additions to SFV.

What make's it useless?

While I agree IMHO yearly is too long. Around each six months may be a better balance.

After EVO would be an ideal time for a rebalance; no one is going to keep a broken tech secret after EVO so all major unfair stuffs should be revealed around then.

Unless new tech develops that Capcom really doesn't want in the game (the OS they're removing for example in the March update and changing jumps from 3 to 4 frames in order to be considered airborne), there's no need to balance any of the characters so soon.

12 different characters in top 16 and 8 different characters in top 8 should tell you that there's no need for any kind of balance changes atm.

Of course, unless something goes wrong with any of the DLC characters and they're super broken/unusable, I wouldn't expect any kind of balancing.

Let's just say the update does get delayed to April... will anything change? Hmmmm? Just more people "beating a dead horse" with their outcry?

I'm sorry that I'm frustrated in how things are being done. Like I said before, I bought the Collector's Edition. I bought the Season Pass. I have the preorder bonus for Battle Costume Cammy. I do really like the game.

But the store still isn't even here...?

No, it wouldn't be beating a dead horse. People then can fully complain about Capcom making promises and missing dates while having zero to show for it. But Capcom haven't missed a date yet, nor do we know if this all isn't a part of some marketing plan or if they are behind and trying to cover their tracks.

Csr

They fully detailed the patch, which confirmed that certain features got moved out of it, and fully detailed Alex. The only thing we're missing is a trailer for Alex and a date for the March update. If they were as far behind as some people are just assuming, then wouldn't it stand to reason they wouldn't even detail the features that will be in the March Update itself?

Heck, we didn't get those details until the 2nd week of March anyway. And Alex is clearly finished, as I imagine both Guile & Juri are likely as well (the April & May characters, respectively). So theres no reason to not show a trailer for the character, especially if he's been both fully detailed as far as his tool set AND we've seen his in-game assets in pictures. Unless, of course, there is a marketing plan tied to the release of the trailer, which it seems like there is.

Keep in mind, we're talking about Capcom here - a company that absolutely LOVES to stick to its marketing schedule when it comes to their fighting games. Need proof? Laura's entire trailer was leaked days prior to an event held in Brazil for the character. Capcom's response? Pretend like nothing had happened & go radio silent on it for days, then premiere that very same trailer with as straight a face as they could muster. This isn't new to them either - they did the same exact thing TWICE for both MvC3 & UMvC3 when both of those game's entire roster got leaked. And we didn't even have assets back then, just names.

I was talking about capcom not announcing when the patch will be released not the trailer.

I assume they announced only the significant changes they knew were going to be ready. There are other important problems that need patching that were not addressed in their patch details.

Oh man, I had some bad back and forth on ranked (haven't been able to move past 2200LP for a week now), but I just had an awesome runback with a 3500LP Bison on a twelve win streak. The dude wrecked my face in my second to last match and moved up to a thirteen win streak in the process. A minute later we get matched up again and I bring the heat in the first round with a clutch combo into CA. The second match he just let me flex my scrub muscles with some overhead rassen ha and pokes into stun state. The rest of the second round went pretty smoothly since I wasn't having any of those CC moves and random scissor kicks. Bison is really hard to fight, but ever since Final Round I've slowly reoriented myself into more of a footsie player like Justin.
I strongly doubt Alex will be broken

Ono couldn't have already forgotten what a trainwreck AE was thanks to Yun and Yang being so OP

He literally went out of his way to apologize for it
They relegated his awesome 3S st.MK to a V-reversal, removed stomp, deleted slash elbow and ran his spiral DDT. At this point I'd be prepping for Alex to be a low tier character if I were you.

Lulubop

Oh man, I had some bad back and forth on ranked (haven't been able to move past 2200LP for a week now), but I just had an awesome runback with a 3500LP Bison on a twelve win streak. The dude wrecked my face in my second to last match and moved up to a thirteen win streak in the process. A minute later we get matched up again and I bring the heat in the first round with a clutch combo into CA. The second match he just let me flex my scrub muscles with some overhead rassen ha and pokes into stun state. The rest of the second round went pretty smoothly since I wasn't having any of those CC moves and random scissor kicks. Bison is really hard to fight, but ever since Final Round I've slowly reoriented myself into more of a footsie player like Justin.

They relegated his awesome 3S st.MK to a V-reversal, removed stomp, deleted slash elbow and ran his spiral DDT. At this point I'd be prepping for Alex to be a low tier character if I were you.

what type of logic is this?

Low tier means fuck all in this game, so whether he's low or high, who cares?

Mika's V Skill is the most useless V Skill in the entire game, hands down.

Everything about it—with the exception of V Gauge increase—makes it useless.

Since it's too hard to answer the question besides saying EVERYTHING and remembering to not trap V Skills in a bubble (because they relate to the character and how they are used rather than trumped up against each other), I'll ask this - how would you make it better?

I was talking about capcom not announcing when the patch will be released not the trailer.

I assume they announced only the significant changes they knew were going to be ready. There are other important problems that need patching that were not addressed in their patch details.

Updating the matchmaking and implementing a RQing system, and other things of that nature don't require a monthly patch, nor would anyone want to wait for that as long as Battle Lounge extensions.

DR2K

Banned
Mika's V Skill is the most useless V Skill in the entire game, hands down.

Everything about it—with the exception of V Gauge increase—makes it useless.

She has the best Vtrigger in the game, so by that utility alone makes it worth doing.

I don't think that would be too smart either. If anything, people save major tech for EVO, so doing a knee-jerk balance patch isn't going to be the best idea. Balance isn't just about knocking strong characters down - there are also going to be characters that should receive X number of tools that they don't currently have, or some of their tools should be reworked.

Giving the game a full year to discover & target things, and then releasing a balance patch for the characters after the full year is up is probably a way smarter move. We do the same thing in regular sports too.

ElFly

I hope they really improved or removed the jumping down fierce on Alex.

Would always forget about it and get that weird dive and then get rekt.

Not that I didn't get rekt anyway.

While it would be nice if Karin's mixups actually worked and didn't all just lose to c.jab, I don't think she needs them and I wouldn't mind them just going away. I'd trade the Ressenha followups for a buffed c.HP or s.HP with better AA frames in a heartbeat, she doesn't need the gimmicks. Even with V-Trigger where you actually have to respect the high-low mixup in theory during Rekkas, in reality c.jab beats all options but backdash and you can punish a whiffed jab after doing backdash. Once players figure that out, Guren-Ken will basically be purely for the extra damage.

She has the best Vtrigger in the game, so by that utility alone makes it worth doing.

Necalli's is #1 imo. Turns him from an already good character to the best one in the game.

Not even including the fact that he can get 30% combos off a jab with a v-trigger cancel.

Skilletor

They relegated his awesome 3S st.MK to a V-reversal, removed stomp, deleted slash elbow and ran his spiral DDT. At this point I'd be prepping myself for Alex to be a low tier character instead if I were you.

Because moves removed from another game are any indication at all how he'll perform in this one.

All the characters won't even be out by then. That's September, and it'd be silly to have a balance patch until people have at least had a chance to see how ALL of the characters interact with one another on a high level.

FluxWaveZ

Since it's too hard to answer the question besides saying EVERYTHING and remembering to not trap V Skills in a bubble (because they relate to the character and how they are used rather than trumped up against each other), I'll ask this - how would you make it better?

No idea—I'm not one for backseat designer talk when it comes to this kind of minutiae—but are you seriously arguing that R. Mika's V Skill is not the most useless one in the game? How is it useful?

On the positive side she has one of the best V-triggers in the game.

Yeah, if anything, the V Trigger could be thought of as a counter-balance for the V Skill. Though, you'll very rarely see a Mika player actually use the V Skill to build up meter.

Shadoken

I think the most Ideal time would be after Capcom Cup. Changing the Meta in the middle of a CPT season wouldnt be ideal.

Announce the big update at PSX 2016 or CPT Finals, Major balance update launched at around February. New Wave of DLC chars , new Season of CPT starting with Final Round again.

I don't think that would be too smart either. If anything, people save major tech for EVO, so doing a knee-jerk balance patch isn't going to be the best idea. Balance isn't just about knocking strong characters down - there are also going to be characters that should receive X number of tools that they don't currently have, or some of their tools should be reworked.

Giving the game a full year to discover & target things, and then releasing a balance patch for the characters after the full year is up is probably a way smarter move. We do the same thing in regular sports too.

Agreed.

Bydobob

Average player standard has improved a lot it seems. I'm now matching well against level 8 CPU, but stuck in Super Bronze.

Also, my sessions seem to follow a familiar trend in ranked. Winning the first 2 or 3 matches, then going on a losing streak against overmatched opponents. It's either coincidence or the game is throwing me "equaliser" match-ups to keep me honest. Whatever the maths behind it, it's an effective way of telling me I don't belong in the next rank!

ElFly

Necalli def has the best V-Trigger.

If I wanted to improve Mika's V-skill ... without changing it into something different, just make it faster and make the microphone have a better hitbox. Maybe remove the microphone hit entirely on the other hand (make it optional) so you can do it once you dizzy a character just before a grab, without danger of hitting them with the microphone.

On the other hand, maybe in an earlier design Mika's V-skill was the rope grab.

BadWolf

Reduce the length of animation on the move at the very least.

It takes too damn long to complete, to the point where even armoring something successfully is usually useless.

There are a ton of things that were never promised for the March update that people assumed would be there (like their Rage Quit solution, which Capcom said was further down the line than their current weekly reset tracking solution they currently have), as well as features that were promised for the March update that got pushed out. We did get a feature we weren't expecting in the March update (FT3 salty runback in ranked).

They said the Patch & Alex would be released simultaneously in March. It would be weird to have a trailer for a piece of DLC and no date for as to when you could actually purchase said content. In all likelihood, the patch was probably originally scheduled to go live last week before the first CPT Premiere, but they needed more time, so they pushed the trailer and its date for two weeks later, and pulled the trailer from the blog post release so as to have something to show on Sunday at the end of NCR.

Hex

Banned

People really have no sense of humor.
They got put on the spot, they had nothing.
When it first came up, they said they did not have anything and people kept pushing so they did the joke.
If they did not bring a trailer they did not bring it, there is nothing for them to do.
It was not on the books, there was no planned segment for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom