• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 hour maintenance...even if it's not the patch, maybe it's database fixes and I can get my id back lol

Concerning the game...something really clicked for me since watching FR. For one, V-Reversal is underrated. With Karin you can do one or two and still get V-Trigger, which is key for keeping control of the match, especially against a character like Mika. Often it even lets you get out of the corner. And two...I let people hang themselves and don't chase the kill. Been working great.

V-Reversal is better for some characters than it is for others. For characters like Chun-Li, it's situational since even a successful V-reversal doesn't knock down. Vega's is also kinda shit since it just moves you back, doesn't help you in things like getting out of the corner.

Other characters are more situational but some benefit from it more than others. FANG's V-Reversal is godlike considering his lack of good wake-up options, makes getting out of the corner extremely easy. But yes, I agree that people need to use their V-meter more liberally.

And that not chasing the kill is what I've been doing for a long time anyway since I play FANG :D

Well, my last 3 wins were to rage quitters. I did record them but I feel like it's a waste of my time. I've always recorded a video of a quitter but stopped uploading since the first or 2nd week. I probably have a collection of 50+ videos of RQ'ers. It has built up so much that I don't want to spend the time taken to call all these guys out there for this. I feel like just deleting all this stuff and not even giving it much of a thought anymore since they seem to only be going after the guys at the top of the list. Do you guys still bother?

Hope it fixes the profile and rank and levels not showing up.

Watching some videos on Nash's reset. Don't know why some people use F.LK as a reset option

Might be Zangief's best MU, currently. It's scary as shit having to constantly approach him, chip away at him, back off when things get dangerous and rinse-repeat.

On the other hand, Nash has to be one of his top 3 worst matchups. A good Nash will just dominate and style on Gief. You can pretty much beat him with just MP and HP Booms.

V-Reversal is better for some characters than it is for others. For characters like Chun-Li, it's situational since even a successful V-reversal doesn't knock down. Vega's is also kinda shit since it just moves you back, doesn't help you in things like getting out of the corner.

Other characters are more situational but some benefit from it more than others. FANG's V-Reversal is godlike considering his lack of good wake-up options, makes getting out of the corner extremely easy. But yes, I agree that people need to use their V-meter more liberally.

And that not chasing the kill is what I've been doing for a long time anyway since I play FANG :D

What? Vega's v-reversal is badass, completely invincible flip that lets him punish things that normally aren't punishable (like ex legs).

What? Vega's v-reversal is badass, completely invincible flip that lets him punish things that normally aren't punishable (like ex legs).

Then perhaps I simply haven't seen it used correctly. Though I think the window would be very small for punishing EX legs, wouldn't it?

RedAssedApe

Banned
Alex is gonna tear a server apart in his intro, isn't he?

Capcom pls.

Alex_hulkout.gif

Demoli

Vega has 2 reversals and both are great if not essential.

Punches gets you out if there, but kicks is a short hop that lets you grab easy counter hits and full combos. Corner is rough though i agree

I really hope this 7 hour routine maintenance doesn't become a... routine. That's from when I get home from work till when I have to go to bed. Sheesh.

jett

D-Member
I assume ShotoXabi was a gaffer? Had some good even games until you whipped out that Laura. I have zero matchup experience there. :p

SmokeMaxX

Imo fangs v reversal sucks. Very easy to bait and punish. YouTube oso vs alphaletterssoup to watch it get punished several times. It looks like he has an hour of recovery. Godlike animation though haha

Xeteh

I was thinking of starting a new account to see how fast I can get to Gold lmao. Am I a bad person?

Nah, I mean... the way matchmaking works lower level scrubs (like me) still get matched with higher LP players. And its not like you'll meet only scrubs on your way to gold.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I was thinking of starting a new account to see how fast I can get to Gold lmao. Am I a bad person?

No. You'd only be a bad person if you deliberately stayed in low leagues just to destroy people, and that's not really possible given the points system, nor would it be a fun way for a truly skilled player to spend their time.

Yeah don't do this

Why not?

How is it different from a tournament player with 20 years experience picking up the game for the first time and skyrocketing to the upper leagues?

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
How is it different from a tournament player with 20 years experience picking up the game for the first time and skyrocketing to the upper leagues?

Do I really have to explain the difference between someone making a new account intentionally to smurf and a good player just working their way up naturally?

Quesa

No. You'd only be a bad person if you deliberately stayed in low leagues just to destroy people, and that's not really possible given the points system, nor would it be a fun way for a truly skilled player to spend their time.

Why not?

Because it's not his first time. Those veterans rocket up the leagues because there's no alternative. They're not doing it by choice. This person would be.

Do I really have to explain the difference between someone making a new account intentionally to smurf and a good player just working their way up naturally?

I did it for you, hehe.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

Please do. His stated goal isn't to humiliate lesser players. He wants to see how fast he can reach the good ones. If he created account after account just to obliterate rookies, that wouldn't be very nice, nor would it be a good use of his time. But that's not what's happening here. Low level players lose a lot, sometimes very badly. It's not going to ruin their lives if they happen to lose to someone who is rapidly climbing out of their league.

What's the concern exactly? That it's not fair? That it's overly discouraging to be beaten badly?

Because it's not his first time. Those veterans rocket up the leagues because there's no alternative. They're not doing it by choice. This person would be.

I did it for you, hehe.

So whether it's okay to beat people worse than you depends on whether it's your first time or not? Weird.

I don't see what's wrong with making a new account, especially since higher league players already get matched with Bronze players anyway. This is only meant to be a test of my skill, as I already am comfortably in Gold league (5K).

Ferrio

Banned
I don't see what's wrong with making a new account, especially since higher league players already get matched with Bronze players anyway. This is only meant to be a test of my skill, as I already am comfortably in Gold league (5K).

Same.

You'll break into silvers within like 20 wins. Isn't like he's going to be stuck in bronze just murdering people all day.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

Testing your skill by making a new account so you can fight people who are definitely worse than you. Makes sense!

hamchan

Someone could change from their main trying to learn a new character, lose over and over until they're in bronze, then change back to their main and it would be a similar situation to starting a new account.

Dubz

Same.

You'll break into silvers within like 20 wins. Isn't like he's going to be stuck in bronze just murdering people all day.
You're intentionally gaming the system so you can feel good about blowing up rookie players. It's called smurfing and it highly frowned upon in competitive gaming.

EDIT: I would put it on par with Rage Quitting

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
No, it depends on whether you're doing it because you have to and whether you're doing it for fun.

You're making distinctions but not explaining why one is wrong and one is okay.

Let's say I'm on the receiving end of Lord_Shadow's beat down as he goes from Ultra Bronze to Silver. How is that experience materially different from me getting beaten by any other superior player? Why should it matter to me how much he's played before or how many points he has?

I think your position is putting an extreme amount of weight on points and what they mean and what's "fair" when the whole skill/rank/point system is massively imperfect and noisy.

Also, it's a video game. Nobody is doing it "because they have to."

It's gross but you can measure the amount of time it took to get to gold status again. I've known someone who did this in a different games. It's better than losing the status on a gold account, right?? Yeah, it's gross.

DR2K

Banned
Wow on a roll tonight 10 win streak with Cammy. Frame trap queen. Activate Vtrigger xx walk up xx throw works 100% of the time.

Dubz

I'm in an 8 game win streak with Rashid. I'm finally not randomly throwing out unsafe moves, and my punishes are actually ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom